bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Infinity is a beautiful Concept but its destroying Physics  (Read 3500 times)

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Infinity is a beautiful Concept but its destroying Physics
« on: February 21, 2015, 07:35:45 PM »

That's the latest title in this new discover magazine issue on physics and its an excerpt from a book.

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/crux/2015/02/20/infinity-ruining-physics/#.VOkH0PnF-mt

After studying Aionion, Aion, Eion, Seculum, Kosmos, and all the other early ideas about the universe and time, it does not surprise me to see this idea of infinity is causing major headaches in physics. I have very strong suspicions that Infinite, timeless, forever, eternal, such concepts are contrary to nature and simply do not exist in our universe as we know it. Its no surprise to me that this type of idea is causing all sorts of headaches in math and modern day physics.

If anyone has any thoughts after reading, feel free to share, its a short read!

In Christ,
Alex
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 07:39:51 PM by lilitalienboi16 »
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Gina

Re: Infinity is a beautiful Concept but its destroying Physics
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 05:48:08 PM »

That's the latest title in this new discover magazine issue on physics and its an excerpt from a book.

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/crux/2015/02/20/infinity-ruining-physics/#.VOkH0PnF-mt

After studying Aionion, Aion, Eion, Seculum, Kosmos, and all the other early ideas about the universe and time, it does not surprise me to see this idea of infinity is causing major headaches in physics. I have very strong suspicions that Infinite, timeless, forever, eternal, such concepts are contrary to nature and simply do not exist in our universe as we know it. Its no surprise to me that this type of idea is causing all sorts of headaches in math and modern day physics.

If anyone has any thoughts after reading, feel free to share, its a short read!

In Christ,
Alex

Yes, I have a thought on this.  Infinity comes from the word infinite. 

in·fi·nite:  late Middle English:

from Latin infinitus, from in- ‘not’ + finitus ‘finished, finite’

And yet it is defined as:

UnBOUNDED, unLIMITED, limitless, never-ending, interminable; IMMEASURABLE, fathomless, imponderable; EXTENSIVE, VAST; IMMENSE, great, HUGE, ENORMOUS

But infinite actually means unfinished or incomplete.

Unfinished defined:

un·fin·ished

not finished or concluded; incomplete. 
"her last novel is unfinished"
synonyms:  incomplete, uncompleted; PARTIAL, undone, half-done, in progress, imperfect, unpolished, unrefined, sketchy, fragmentary, rough

So, now this expression that we hear a lot:  God, in His infinite wisdom ....  takes on a really stupid meaning.

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Infinity is a beautiful Concept but its destroying Physics
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 09:35:27 PM »

Friend Gina,

Loved your reply.
Lots to consider is such a short comment.
Thanks, Indianabob
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.