bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The literalness of the Concordant Version  (Read 3373 times)

Extol

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
The literalness of the Concordant Version
« on: February 24, 2015, 12:16:16 PM »

Occasionally at conferences, Ray would laugh about how sometimes the CLV can be too accurate...most notably in his reading of Psalm 23 (at the 2007 Mobile conference) and the disciples masticating with Jesus (which he mentions a couple different times.) In my most recent reading of the Concordant Psalms, I marked some of my favorite funny passages to share with you:

2:1--Why are the nations perturbed? And why do the national groups mumble empty phrases?

6:6--Through all the night I inundate my couch; I saturate my cot with tears.

26:6--I shall wash my palms in innocency...

30:9--What gain is there in my blood poured out, In my descending to the grave? Does soil acclaim you? Does it tell Your faithfulness?

30:11--You have unloosed my sackcloth and are belting me with rejoicing.

31:20--You shall conceal them in the concealment of Your presence from the coalitions of man; You shall seclude them in a booth from the dispute of tongues.

33:10--Yahweh, He annuls the intrigue of the nations; He repudiates the devices of the peoples.

35:16--With the pollutions of derisive derisions, they gnashed their teeth against me.

38:5--My welts stink and putrefy in view of my folly.

38:11--Those loving me and my associates are standing aloof from my contagion.

44:14--You constitute us a proverbial byword among the nations, a shaking of the head among the national groups.

45:1--My heart bubbles over with good words; I shall recite my compositions concerning the King;

48:2--Lovely of undulation, the elation of the entire earth is Mount Zion...

56:6--They are stirring up plots; they are lurking; they are keeping track of my heel prints, as though they expected to take my soul.

59:12--For the sin of their mouth, the word of their lips, may they be seized in their pomp; and because of the execration and sham which they are rehearsing...

65:13--The meadows will be clothed with the flock, and the vales, they shall droop with cereal grain.

68:21--Yea, Elohim Himself shall transfix the head of His enemies, the hairy scalp of him who walks in his guilty acts.

73:4--For there are no hindrances for them; robust and plump is their physique.

73:7--Their eye protrudes from fat; vain fancies pass through their heart.

91:1--He who is dwelling in the concealment of the Supreme shall lodge in the shadow of Him Who-Suffices.

102:6--I am like a pelican of the marshy wilderness; I have become like a little owl of the deserted places.

110:3--Your people shall be willing in the day of Your potent power; in holy effulgence from the womb of the dawn, you will have the dew of Your childhood.

126:6--Going out, he goes with weeping, bearing the drawbag of seed; coming in, he comes with jubilant song, bearing his grain-sheaves.

133:2--It is like the good oil upon the head, descending upon the beard, Aaron's beard, which is descending over the slit of his coats.

136:13--To the One severing the Sea of Weeds into severed parts, for His benignity is eonian.

lilitalienboi16

Re: The literalness of the Concordant Version
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 01:11:06 PM »

lol some of those were pretty entertaining! Thanks for sharing Jesse. I can remember on more than one occasion reading the concordant and wondering what exactly was that supposed to mean?
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
Re: The literalness of the Concordant Version
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 03:55:08 PM »

Excellent. I like 45:1 when my heart bubbles over, that often happens to me  ;)

Which reminds me I need to see my doctor about that today  ;D

Rhys
🤫
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.