bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Is your faith challenged when you hear about UFO’s  (Read 25802 times)

rick

Re: Is your faith challenged when you hear about UFO’s
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2015, 12:03:16 AM »

Hi Dave,

My apologies for not answering your question straight away, is my faith challenged by what had been said.

I must admit after reading the Apollo moon missions transcripts and listening to the governor of Phoenix concerning the Phoenix lights and many other very creditable people I must conclude these are men and also women telling the truth!

At the risk of being met with hostility and ridicule on a Christian forum I thought I would ask regardless of the consequences and opposition I might be met with to gain a greater knowledge of God directly or indirectly.

I don’t recall suggesting or assuming any or all on this forum or off this forum open their eyes or close their eyes.

My only intentions here was to gather information concerning things that I have an interest in that I might reconcile the information I have come across with my creator and His creation.

I am also aware that this forum is Bible Truths .com and not UFO .com

Now to answer your question, my faith has actually increased because I know that anything that was made was made by Christ and our faith should be able to absorb all information or things that come into our life or if not what good is ones faith.

Thanks you for your response Dave .   

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2015, 12:23:34 AM »

Hi Dave,

My apologies for not answering your question straight away, is my faith challenged by what had been said.

I must admit after reading the Apollo moon missions transcripts and listening to the governor of Phoenix concerning the Phoenix lights and many other very creditable people I must conclude these are men and also women telling the truth!

At the risk of being met with hostility and ridicule on a Christian forum I thought I would ask regardless of the consequences and opposition I might be met with to gain a greater knowledge of God directly or indirectly.

I don’t recall suggesting or assuming any or all on this forum or off this forum open their eyes or close their eyes.

My only intentions here was to gather information concerning things that I have an interest in that I might reconcile the information I have come across with my creator and His creation.

I am also aware that this forum is Bible Truths .com and not UFO .com

Now to answer your question, my faith has actually increased because I know that anything that was made was made by Christ and our faith should be able to absorb all information or things that come into our life or if not what good is ones faith.

Thanks you for your response Dave .

I'd becareful what I believe out of men, especially men in positions of power.

Romans 3:4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar;

Psalm 146:3 Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help.

Isaiah 2:22 Stop trusting in mere humans, who have but a breath in their nostrils. Why hold them in esteem?

Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately weak: who can know it?

Acts 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

1 John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

In Christ,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

rick

« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2015, 12:51:03 AM »

Hi Alex,

No offence my brother but would you also recite Rom 3: 4 concerning the apostles also who are as Isaiah coined it mere men ? We are to divide the word of God rightly and should not use scripture in an irresponsible way to present any argument.   

If your argument is meant to persuade me that all men from the greatest to the least lie constantly without ever telling the truth you have failed to convince me.

I am in the Hvac business and go to peoples homes every day and if my employer should ask me a question about any job or repair I make I tell my employer the truth even if that truth condemns me, I do not twist the truth to suite me but tell the truth.

I assume I’m not the only person who tells the truth Alex,

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2015, 01:08:40 AM »

Hi Alex,

No offence my brother but would you also recite Rom 3: 4 concerning the apostles also who are as Isaiah coined it mere men ? We are to divide the word of God rightly and should not use scripture in an irresponsible way to present any argument.   

If your argument is meant to persuade me that all men from the greatest to the least lie constantly without ever telling the truth you have failed to convince me.

I am in the Hvac business and go to peoples homes every day and if my employer should ask me a question about any job or repair I make I tell my employer the truth even if that truth condemns me, I do not twist the truth to suite me but tell the truth.

I assume I’m not the only person who tells the truth Alex,

I'm sorry rick, I'm not sure if I understand you.

Did you ask me if I would apply what I just urged as caution towards men of this world, for all men are liars, to the apostles too?

1 Corinthians 14:37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.
John 15:20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you[APOSTLES]; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.

1 Corinthians 2:12  Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

John 14:16-18 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

1 John 2:14-16 I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one. Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

The creation was subject to vanity (moral futility) and without God man cannot do good.

Romans 8:20 For the creature[Gk: Creation] was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,

Jeremiah 13:23 Can the Ethiopian change his skin, or the leopard his spots? then may ye also do good, that are accustomed to do evil.

Romans 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity [Deep seated hatred] against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

You don't have to lie constantly to be a liar. You don't have to fornicate constantly to be a fornicator. You don't have to murder constantly to be a murderer. You don't have to sin constantly to be a sinner.

The apostles were being tried and refined by fire. They were being transformed into the image of Christ. The "liar part" was being burned out of them hence why the lake of fire will not have any power over them. The same for all who overcome this world because the lake of fire is for ALL LIARS and then some.

Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Revelation 2:11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

The apostles spoke by inspiration of God's spirit. To ask if what they wrote should be approached with the same scrutiny to that of carnal man is to reproach God as well. Its the same spirit that inspired Isaiah.

2 Peter 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

The apostles and God's chosen have the spirit of God indwelling and not that of the worlds. If you have received this spirit you would receive the words of the apostle too as Christ said. So how can you even ask me such a thing?

In Christ,
Alex

P.S. Telling the truth does not change the fact that you are a liar (when you've lied). You have to overcome in Christ to finally do away with that part of the old man and all parts of the old man for that matter.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 01:19:51 AM by lilitalienboi16 »
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

rick

« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2015, 06:58:10 PM »

Hi Alex,

Yes Alex, that’s what I was asking you. Do you believe that people never tell the truth ?  We  live in a system that is corrupt but truth can always be verified so that we are not left in the dark so to speak.

I’m not saying that a person of higher rank than me cannot lie however what I am saying is when we have many people such as astronauts and aircraft pilots stating what they saw and we have access to the transcripts so we can read exactly what was said then we can reasonably assume they are telling the truth.

In the beginning we take mans word that the bible is the inspired word of God at least I did, meaning, God never spoke to me in an audible voice telling me the bible is His inspired word.

Once there was a time in my life Alex, I believed the ruling class wrote the bible to keep us peasants in line through fear of hell in order for them to not be over run by we peasants.

Today I know better than that, now the life of the apostles played a huge role in my belief in Christ due to the fact that if Christ was nothing more than a hoax, after His death the apostles would have saved their own skin and disperse but they did not, in fact every apostles was crucified except John who gave us through Christ the book of Revelation. What a incredible testimony the apostles gave the whole world.

God has brought me a long way from where I once was, I really do trust Christ for not only my spiritual life here and now but also my physical life too.

So Alex, I came across this scripture Luk 21:11  There will be terrible earthquakes, famines, and plagues everywhere; there will be strange and terrifying things coming from the sky.

I understand what earthquakes are and famine also plagues too, but strange and terrifying things coming from the sky, what is Jesus talking about ? Ray doesn’t believe in aliens and neither do I.

So what is Jesus referring to ? Is it a sin to ask such a thing ? According to this statement Jesus said something is coming out of the sky that is going to be terrifying , I want to know what it is that’s coming from the sky that is not only strange but terrifying . Jesus said that for a reason and I have no intention of hiding my head in the sand when it comes to anything God says.

You know Alex, if Ray never questioned what Christendom taught him or what this scripture or that scripture means most of us would still be in the dark, we should all be thankful Ray questioned everything.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2015, 08:35:16 PM »

Hi Alex,

Yes Alex, that’s what I was asking you. Do you believe that people never tell the truth ?  We  live in a system that is corrupt but truth can always be verified so that we are not left in the dark so to speak.

I’m not saying that a person of higher rank than me cannot lie however what I am saying is when we have many people such as astronauts and aircraft pilots stating what they saw and we have access to the transcripts so we can read exactly what was said then we can reasonably assume they are telling the truth.

In the beginning we take mans word that the bible is the inspired word of God at least I did, meaning, God never spoke to me in an audible voice telling me the bible is His inspired word.

Once there was a time in my life Alex, I believed the ruling class wrote the bible to keep us peasants in line through fear of hell in order for them to not be over run by we peasants.

Today I know better than that, now the life of the apostles played a huge role in my belief in Christ due to the fact that if Christ was nothing more than a hoax, after His death the apostles would have saved their own skin and disperse but they did not, in fact every apostles was crucified except John who gave us through Christ the book of Revelation. What a incredible testimony the apostles gave the whole world.

God has brought me a long way from where I once was, I really do trust Christ for not only my spiritual life here and now but also my physical life too.

So Alex, I came across this scripture Luk 21:11  There will be terrible earthquakes, famines, and plagues everywhere; there will be strange and terrifying things coming from the sky.

I understand what earthquakes are and famine also plagues too, but strange and terrifying things coming from the sky, what is Jesus talking about ? Ray doesn’t believe in aliens and neither do I.

So what is Jesus referring to ? Is it a sin to ask such a thing ? According to this statement Jesus said something is coming out of the sky that is going to be terrifying , I want to know what it is that’s coming from the sky that is not only strange but terrifying . Jesus said that for a reason and I have no intention of hiding my head in the sand when it comes to anything God says.

You know Alex, if Ray never questioned what Christendom taught him or what this scripture or that scripture means most of us would still be in the dark, we should all be thankful Ray questioned everything.

Hi Rick,

Ray did not question the integrity (honesty) of the Apostles and their inspired words. There's a big difference.I sence a bit of dishonesty coming from you in trying to make it seem like questioning the church/christendom/babylon (which ray did do) and questioning the apostles (which he did not do) is the same thing. Ray spoke strongly against those who would dare make the argument that James and Paul contradicted or that we should throw out Paul's writings as uninspired by God. So I do not believe the apostles inspired words of God are to be approached with the same skepticism. Ray certainly did not wonder if the apostles were telling the truth or not. As I said, to look at their words in that manner would be to look upon God in that manner for they are His inspired words.

Regarding Luke 21:11, Its not sin to ask questions and you know that. I simply urged caution in putting so much confidence in the tales and stories of carnal men when it comes to matters of God. We are all trying to better understand these words of Christ. Just remember that His Words are spirit and that every word must be established in the mouth of two or three witnesses. Comparing spiritual with spiritual for the SUM of thy word is truth. Perhaps there is a physical and literal reality to what Christ said because we are told that the first is natural then the spiritual but I currently don't know entirely. Obviously the spiritual implications are far more important because they would ALWAYS apply so then maybe its best to try and understand spiritually what is going on before Christ returns.

We do have a really good discussion going on in the other thread you started about this stuff so perhaps try putting the verses together there and we can see what comes of it. In God's time it will be revealed to us completely but we have to obey God and humble ourselves before Him most importantly. As a dear sister in Christ once said to me "Obeying and studying is not a casual endeavor, we must put God first, and THEN He will bless our seeking more knowledge..." and as JFK is known for saying on the forums, to the man who trembles at God's Word.

God bless,
Alex

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2015, 08:49:28 PM »

Could be this has nothing to do with anything, but I watched a documentary a few days ago about the bombing of Darwin, Australia during WWII.  One Aussie veteran was recounting the dive-bombers screaming out of the sky and it was clear just 'remembering' this caused him to re-live the fear.  That was a 'fearful thing' coming 'out of the sky'...and, if you think about it, in more ways than one. 

One thing I could note to you in bible-study, Rick.  You seem to gravitate towards 'paraphrases' and not translations.  There's not always anything wrong with that.  Sometimes the paraphrases are quite good and accurate.  At other times, they can be misleading because they approach certain scriptural passages with a theological assumption that just really isn't in the words inspired. 

Here's some other translations of that same verse:

(BBE)  There will be great earth-shocks and outbursts of disease in a number of places, and men will be without food; and there will be wonders and great signs from heaven.

(CEV)  There will be great earthquakes, and in many places people will starve to death and suffer terrible diseases. All sorts of frightening things will be seen in the sky.

(Darby)  there shall be both great earthquakes in different places, and famines and pestilences; and there shall be fearful sights and great signs from heaven.

(DRB)  And there shall be great earthquakes in divers places and pestilences and famines and terrors from heaven: and there shall be great signs.

(JUB)  and there shall be great earthquakes in different places and famines and pestilences, and there shall be fearful sights and great signs from heaven.

(KJV)  And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.

(LEB)  There will be great earthquakes and famines and plagues in various places. There will be terrible sights and great signs from heaven.

(LITV)  Also there will be great earthquakes from place to place, and famines, and plagues. And also there will be terrors and great signs from Heaven.

(Murdock)  and great earthquakes will occur in several places, and famines, and pestilences; and there will be terrors, and trepidations, and great signs from heaven will be seen, and there will be great tempests.

(WNT)  And there will be great earthquakes, and in places famines and pestilence; and there will be terrible sights and wonderful tokens from Heaven.

(YLT)  great shakings also in every place, and famines, and pestilences, there shall be; fearful things also, and great signs from heaven there shall be;

It takes study and 'comparing' spiritual with spiritual to get through such a diversity of possible 'translations' of the inspired words.  We have to do that with some humility when we really don't know for absolutely sure what is actually being said, much less what it means.     

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

rick

« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2015, 09:48:22 PM »

Hi Alex,

I’m not sure what to say to you Alex, accusing me of being dishonest, that hurts, I think your zeal for the apostles lead you to read something I never wrote.

If  I said Ray questioned the integrity of the apostles, please point it out to me as I do not recall making that statement.

I never said anything about James or Paul contradicting one another or even the bible having any contradictions either.

I do understand that you urged caution in putting so much confidence in the tales and stories of carnal men as you say and I thank you for that but are we so spiritual that we are no longer carnal men ourselves Alex ?

I apologize for the confusion Alex, You know Alex, I would of said the same thing to God that Moses said ,send another to Pharaoh for I’m not a good speaker. Lol

God bless you my brother in Christ.  :) 

rick

« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2015, 11:02:44 PM »

Hi Dave,

I would agree if someone saw a dive bomber coming out of the sky it would be a fearful thing especially if one is on the ground under the dive bomber.

I use e sword and had downloaded all the free bibles and even purchased some to. The translation I used of Luk 21:11 best suited the point I had in mind. 

I understand that paraphrase can be a good thing but can also be misleading as well. So I don’t rely on paraphrase but in this case of of Luk 21 :11 it seems to be on the money.

I have read many of the translations you had put down as to grasp exactly what its meaning is, my understanding of the term heaven is one in the same as sky. 

But as I read  these verses and many others whether it says ,

there shall be fearful sights and great signs from heaven

terrors from heaven: and there shall be great signs

fearful things also, and great signs from heaven there shall be;

there will be terrors, and trepidations, and great signs from heaven will be seen

there will be strange and terrifying things coming from the sky.

No matter how I look at these verses it leads me to believe something is coming out of the sky at some point in time that is going to be outright frightening.

Ricky

« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2015, 02:50:19 PM »

I think this generation will be long gone before anything supernatural happens, we wont be alive. What kinds of questions will they be asking on BT 75 years from now.   
Your heart is God`s gift to you, what you make of it, shall be your gift to Him.

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2015, 05:08:45 PM »

I think this generation will be long gone before anything supernatural happens, we wont be alive. What kinds of questions will they be asking on BT 75 years from now.

I will be asking has anyone seen my teeth  :P

Rhys
🤫

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2015, 05:32:38 PM »

I will be asking has anyone seen my teeth  :P

Rhys

You and me both Rhys! Actually, we might be pushing up daisies by then! O_O

Mike Gagne

« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2015, 06:06:09 PM »

I have to disagree with you Ricky, I think the all of creation is super natural and all the work God continues to do is also supernatural, anyhow we are closer then when we first believed!! 😀

rick

« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2015, 09:07:48 PM »

Hi Ricky,

I do not know when this age will end but it seems to me the signs of the time are with us. I have research so much information concerning UFO and have concluded what ever comes out of the sky will be of demonic nature, yes probably flying disk but not from another galaxy but another dimension.

I have discontinued my research in this area, one is much wiser and better off studying the word of God than getting hung up on what is coming out of the sky.

One thing is for certain, if one has Christ in their life they need not worry about anything that comes out of the sky.

Also Rhys maybe on to something here, he knows more than he’s telling. Lol  :)

Mike Gagne

« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2015, 10:45:22 PM »

I have to disagree with you Ricky, I think the all of creation is super natural and all the work God continues to do is also supernatural, anyhow we are closer then when we first believed!! 😀

I just want to say how close we really are! I am Fifty years old and if I live another 25 yrs and then die, well the next instant I will be resurrected. So that's 25yrs and then the next instant... Wow that's how close it is for me.

Ecclesiastes 9:5 (KJV)
[5] For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

We all know Lrays teaching on this! So to me Jesus's return is very near...
PS hope God will make that a little more than 25 but His will be done and not mine.😎

Ricky

« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2015, 02:04:14 AM »

It is so, Jesus can return at any time for anyone, The world is waiting for some kind of supernatural event to SEE from God. maybe this event is UFO`S. Illusions from the spirit world. Aliens and other people from other worlds do not exist. So who is flying the UFOs`s, whose left, US and the spirit world. There is no other answer for them. Even with today`s technology we still have no clue as to what we see in the skies. UFOs`s would need to be from the earth, or from another dimension in time, there is no other way of getting to earth. Or maybe principalities of the AIR have something to do with all this unanswerable stuff.     Ricky
Your heart is God`s gift to you, what you make of it, shall be your gift to Him.

rick

« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2015, 09:18:38 AM »

Hi Ricky,

Whatever is coming can be found in Rom 8:38 and Rom 8 :39

Rom 8:38  For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers,
Rom 8:39  nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Also checkout Rom 13 :12 and 14.

Rom 13:12  The night is far spent, and the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light.

Rom 13:14  But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

Ricky

« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2015, 03:39:30 PM »

Rhys good point, Here`s a verse for u, If u live past 120 years old, u will never see your teeth again.
 Ricky

lareli

I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

indianabob

« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2015, 12:23:14 AM »

The research promoted in this video shows how naive the "travel to habitable planet" scientist truly are. Assuming that they can determine conditions on a distant star by the examination of a speck of light that left that region of space so far in the past and has been filtered through dark matter all the length of the journey.

At best it would be for an elite small group and even then there would be no way of determining conditions extant upon their arrival. At normal velocities achievable it would take one or more lifetimes to accomplish. Their bodies would be wasting and useless when they arrived; if they ever did arrive.

It truly is a fairy tale in the making. Especially so when we have so many achievable and helpful needs right here on the earth. We can't even provide agricultural water for the California vegetable gardens with the Pacific ocean right there.

Indiana bob
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 12:01:45 PM by indianabob »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 19 queries.