bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Is your faith challenged when you hear about UFO’s  (Read 25803 times)

rick

Is your faith challenged when you hear about UFO’s
« on: February 26, 2015, 07:16:06 PM »

Below is and actual film clip from July 12- 1952, no one can deny the evidence unless they simply close their eyes. 

There is so much evidence on this planet that supports the UFO phenomenon that is totally mind blowing  but are aliens real ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hObI12DD3-Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLA1zoWPDBs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDQ-0EaAFms

I believe the answers to the alien deception can be found in the book of Genesis.

Gen 6:4  The Nephilim were in the earth in those days, and also after that, when the sons of God came unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them: the same were the mighty men that were of old, the men of renown.

These Nephilim are not of the line of Adam and Eve but I do believe these ancient people and their civilization can explain the alien phenomenon.  ;)

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Is your faith challenged when you hear about UFO’s
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 08:02:35 PM »

I'm sorry rick, im not following you. What exactly are you saying?

To answer your question though; No.
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Extol

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 08:16:01 PM »

No.

John from Kentucky

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 08:24:46 PM »

No.  I don't believe in spooks.  I don't believe in UFOs.  I don't believe in anything that is believed by anyone in the modern 21st Century "culture."  I don't let others influence my core beliefs.

Nothing challenges my faith.  I'm a hardcore believer in the King of Kings.

My problem is in following His example in my day to day life.   :(

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 08:59:29 PM »

No........only my sanity is

Rhys  :P
🤫

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 09:03:44 PM »

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3621.msg27085.html#msg27085

Hi Ray, I stumbled upon your website and have spent the last couple of days
> glued to it as it's interesting stuff. In reply to someones email concerning
> aliens/UFO's you made this statement.
>
> "There are no alien beings that live on planets and have perfected
> interstellar space travel."
>
> Can you quote any scripture to prove this? If not, what is this statement
> based on?
>
> Thanks Azza.

Dear Azza:
The statement is based on science/astronomy, and the Scriptures.
Jesus died for the sins of the "world," not the sins of the "universe."
Eve is the "mother of all living," etc., etc., etc.
I should think that all people know that interstellar space travel is
physically impossible. Even traveling at millions of miles an hour,
there are very few places that one could go in less than a thousand years!
Everything is TOO FAR AWAY.
God be with you,
Ray
🤫

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2015, 09:38:58 PM »

My "faith" in the ability of the human mind to make some sense of the unexpected and the unfamiliar would not be challenged.  There has NEVER been an instance of unquestioned evidence of craft from other worlds visiting the earth.  There HAVE BEEN many instances of hoaxes, doctored footage, and incorrect assumptions concerning explainable phenomenon.  There have also been many instances of phenomenon yet unexplained.  That doesn't mean that the 'explanation' must therefor be of alien visitation. 

IF a spacecraft from a world other than the earth ever did appear (something I never expect to have happen), then my "faith" would absorb it, like it has every other new 'thing' I've learned in my life.  It would absorb it with some difficulty (more or less difficulty, depending on what other knowledge came bundled with that event).  But my "faith" has absorbed things more fantastic and unbelievable than that before, and has only grown.  Grown to a point it barely resembles the "faith" of my childhood. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2015, 09:53:24 PM »

I believe the answers to the alien deception can be found in the book of Genesis.

Gen 6:4  The Nephilim were in the earth in those days, and also after that, when the sons of God came unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them: the same were the mighty men that were of old, the men of renown.

These Nephilim are not of the line of Adam and Eve but I do believe these ancient people and their civilization can explain the alien phenomenon.  ;)

Ray wrote a bit on this topic, and his conclusion is not yours.  You assume these Nephilim (giants, great men) were not of the line of Adam and Eve?  Why do you assume that?  Because they are not in the 'geneology' presented in scripture?  Do you have any idea how many people are left out of your OWN genealogy if you trace only back through your paternal line?

You make a very flimsy assumption here based on absolutely no evidence whatsoever, except that if fits your world-view.  Once again, my "faith" is not challenged.

Is your "faith" challenged by anything we've said? 
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 09:59:21 PM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Kat

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2015, 10:26:34 PM »

Hi Rick,

We have talked about the Nephilim many times... you seem to be saying that these are some other ancient civilization that was before Adam and Eve had greater knowledge than they did? I could not disagree more, if that is what you are hinting at. Those people had not even learned to till the ground (Gen 2:5), it was Adam and Eve whom God brought along and gave knowledge to really push the world into a 'civilized' state.

Now there is a "prince/ruler of the air," and "ruler of this world" (John 12:31; 14:30; 16:11), and this one and his many demon allies are capable and I believe are responsible for all these visions and delusions of UFOs.

Eph 2:2  in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience,

mercy, peace and love
Kat

rick

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2015, 11:01:00 PM »

You assume these Nephilim (giants, great men) were not of the line of Adam and Eve?  Why do you assume that?  Because they are not in the 'geneology' presented in scripture?  Do you have any idea how many people are left out of your OWN genealogy if you trace only back through your paternal line?

Hi Dave,

we can all trace our accessory back to Noah and his sons

Gen 6:7  And Jehovah said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the ground; both man, and beast, and creeping things, and birds of the heavens; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

Gen 6:13  And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

Gen 9:1  And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2015, 11:09:19 PM »

You assume these Nephilim (giants, great men) were not of the line of Adam and Eve?  Why do you assume that?  Because they are not in the 'geneology' presented in scripture?  Do you have any idea how many people are left out of your OWN genealogy if you trace only back through your paternal line?

Hi Dave,

we can all trace our accessory back to Noah and his sons

Gen 6:7  And Jehovah said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the ground; both man, and beast, and creeping things, and birds of the heavens; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

Gen 6:13  And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

Gen 9:1  And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth.

Rick,

You know the flood was not global right? In psalm we are told that through creation the water's were given bounderies so they could never cover the earth like they did in Genesis prior to noah's flood.

Psalm 104:5 Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever.
Psalm 104:6 Thou coveredst it with the deep as with a garment: the waters stood above the mountains.
Psalm 104:7 At thy rebuke they fled; at the voice of thy thunder they hasted away.
Psalm 104:8 They go up by the mountains; they go down by the valleys unto the place which thou hast founded for them.
Psalm 104:9 You set a boundary they cannot cross; never again will they cover the earth.

Genesis 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

The earth at this point is entirely covered over with water.

Genesis 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
Genesis 1:4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
Genesis 1:5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
Genesis 1:6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
Genesis 1:7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
Genesis 1:8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.
Genesis 1:9 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.

Now Land is coming up out of the sea. The sea is no longer covering the entire face of the earth as it was previous and we are told in Psalm that God set up a boundery to provent this from ever happening again. Noah's flood therefor was not global as it came to pass long after the creation when God brought forth the land and set up a boundery so that the ocean could not cover the face of the earth again.

Noah and his son's replenished the LAND and not the whole world. God destroyed all flesh in the LAND and not the whole world.

In Christ,
Alex

P.S. NO we cannot "all" trace our lineage back to Noah and his sons. That was only physical isreal after the physical seed that could but the promise is no longer after the flesh. The covenant is a new one not according to the old.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 11:14:43 PM by lilitalienboi16 »
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

rick

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2015, 11:29:56 PM »

Hi Alex,

Ray has taught that the flood was a regional flood but nonetheless God said He was going to destroyed all flesh from the earth which He God did.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2015, 11:33:13 PM »

Hi Alex,

Ray has taught that the flood was a regional flood but nonetheless God said He was going to destroyed all flesh from the earth which He God did.

No Rick,

God did not say that. He destroyed all flesh in the land. You are misrepresenting that.

Kat

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2015, 12:09:27 AM »

Rick, at the 08 Nashville conference Ray spoke extensively on the flood and many aspects of it and one of those was that none of the nations of that part of the world show any disruption in there history during that period of time of the biblical flood.

Here is a email that mentions that as well.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,8712.0.html --------------
Ray's response in red

I have a question regarding Humanity or Mankind after Noah’s Flood.

Are all the descendants from Noah and his family? 

COMMENT:  Do you mean is all humanity on earth today descendants from Noah and his family?  No, I don't think so, as there were whole nations of people alive during the regional flood of Noah.

If not, is there any reference to descendants from Noah? 

COMMENT:  Yes, Genesis Chapter 10 gives a brief outline of their descendants.

If so, are these the ‘Godly Line’ which leads to Jesus Christ and Salvation?

COMMENT:  Yes, Christ's genealogy goes back to Kind David, Abraham, and Noah's son S[he]M---S[e]M---SM---SM[ith]. 
See Luke 3:34-38.

God be with you,

Ray
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 12:14:03 AM by Kat »

octoberose

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2015, 12:34:04 AM »

I agree with Kat because of this_
 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against  principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. (Ephesians 6:12).
 There are so many things right here that we can't understand and can't see.

dave

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2015, 01:00:23 AM »

No

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2015, 01:53:33 AM »

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against  principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. (Ephesians 6:12).

I pretty much don't agree with Kat because of that same scripture.  But I don't know that I'm completely right, even though I know that I am partly right for sure.

Joel

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2015, 01:54:27 AM »

Mankind has been worshiping the works, and images they have created with their own hands, and gods that are no gods for thousands of years.
It would be easy to make an image out of something that a person saw in a night dream or vision, as did Nebuchadnezzar recorded in Daniel chapter 3.
Today we have believers in UFO's.
Believers in bigfoot, and to some that is their religion.
God does send strong delusion to some that have pleasure in unrighteousness.

No, my faith in what God has shown me is not challenged.

Joel

octoberose

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2015, 02:42:04 AM »

I pretty much don't agree with Kat because of that same scripture.  But I don't know that I'm completely right, even though I know that I am partly right for sure.
Could you go into what you believe this is saying ? I always value your insights.

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2015, 09:45:16 AM »

Do I believe in UFO's?  Yes, I do.  Why?  The first letter of UFO is 'U' and that stands for unidentified.  Nothing more and nothing less.  There are flying objects that have been seen and recorded.  Many have been explained and others have not.  Too many things going on in the life to spend precious time to try to explain that which is unidentified.  Ray addressed such things a few different times;

Hi Ray, I stumbled upon your website and have spent the last couple of days
> glued to it as it's interesting stuff. In reply to someones email concerning
> aliens/UFO's you made this statement.
>
> "There are no alien beings that live on planets and have perfected
> interstellar space travel."
>
> Can you quote any scripture to prove this? If not, what is this statement
> based on?
>
> Thanks Azza.

Dear Azza:
The statement is based on science/astronomy, and the Scriptures.
Jesus died for the sins of the "world," not the sins of the "universe."
Eve is the "mother of all living," etc., etc., etc.
I should think that all people know that interstellar space travel is
physically impossible. Even traveling at millions of miles an hour,
there are very few places that one could go in less than a thousand years!
Everything is TOO FAR AWAY.

God be with you,
Ray

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3621.msg27085.html#msg27085

Hello Ray:

Scot from Cincinnati here......we have not communicated in awhile, but you have been gracious enough to respond to me in the past.

I think I might be one of those people spending WAY too much time on the Internet. I have been exploring UFO web sites as a form of entertainment and 99% of the time I usually laugh and just get a kick out of what they have to say. HOWEVER.......when they quote the Bible, and when I actually have the energy and the wherewith all to go back and confirm that what they say is Biblically accurate, it sort of makes me scratch my head.

Way back in Genesis....God said in the Bible  Genesis 1-26 "God made man in OUR image"......not "His" or "MY" but "OUR".  Why did the Bible specifically use the word "OUR"?

I know L. Ray Smith that you do not believe in the Trinity (Neither do I)....so what does "OUR" mean???

They (the web sites I have been researching) have lots to say about Aliens cloning us from other Aliens and all the stuff I am sure you know a lot about (as in where exactly did the Pyramids come from yada yada) but as your web site proclaims as seeking the truth I simply want to know your take on this matter........and trust me....I do NOT watch the Jerry Springer show!!!!! At first most normal Christians want to just laugh off these idiot web sites an move on. Myself, however,  I am interested in TRUTH (That is why I have been looking at YOUR web site for the past 2 years!)

Is it POSSIBLE a higher Life form cloned us but that it does NOT negate what the Bible tells us? I am well aware that some of the "Fallen Angels" are higher spiritual Life forms and may be responsible for some of this confusion.

Feel free to Slap me....I think I am deserving of it.

Scot

Dear Scott:

I have "zero" confidence in all of the dozens of alien theories attached to different sections of the Scriptures.  I wonder why all of these UFO advocates don't start calling them IFOs, seeing that they feel they have truthfully "identified" what these things really are--alien beings.  There are no alien beings that live on planets and have perfected interstellar space travel.
God be with you,
Ray

PS   That 1% out of a 100 that one gets deceived is just as effective as if he were deceived all of the time.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,1909.msg15786.html#msg15786

My personal belief is that the government does have some very high technologically advanced aerial platforms that some folks have seen and attributed as UFO's and that makes sense.  At this point I think that this planet is the only one with 'life' on it and that by purpose.  I think that we are still at the very beginning of God's plan for humanity and His ever expanding Kingdom.  After the salvation of all mankind who knows what the Father has in store for the rest of the universe with millions of galaxies and billions of planets?  Paul was taken up into the third heaven and shown some things that were not lawful for humanity to hear.  They may not have life now but I think that some day they will and we will play a part in that in the distant future.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 24 queries.