bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Brimstone  (Read 6074 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Brimstone
« on: August 10, 2006, 10:22:28 AM »

Hi Ray, I read this re; brimstone from a friend of mine, thot i'd send it to u to see if he is on track. I did not post this on the forum, but did send it to Joe H. (moderator) and he thot i should forward it on to you for your comment. Would appreciate any comments u might have. thanks. Rocky.

Hi Joe, i've been studying more on brimstone today, and wanted to post this in my thread on judgment, but don't want to overstep any boundaries here at this forum, so am sending this to you first; to see if it is ok to post. I sure don't want to be teaching anything, but do think that the individual who wrote this had some valid study. Please review and let me know if it is ok to post. thanks. Rocky

I found this interesting (taken from the writings of a brother in Christ), regarding brimstone.

Isaiah 30:33
33 For Tophet is ordained of old; yea, for the king it is prepared; he hath made it deep and large: the pile thereof is fire and much wood; the breath of the LORD, like a stream of brimstone, doth kindle it.

what is the meaning of the word BREATH.

It comes from the Hebrew word n\eshamah which is rooted in the Hebrew word nasham which means to destroy but also carries the weight of a woman in travail.

When God uses his BREATH OF LIFE (brimstone) unto MAN it was for the destruction of the carnal MAN and the birthing in carnal man Jesus Christ.

The carnal man, is destroyed by this breath/brimstone; and Christ is birthed in us.

Romans 8:18-23
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. 19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. 20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, 21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. 23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

Isaiah 30:33
33 For Tophet is ordained of old; yea, for the king it is prepared; he hath made it deep and large: the pile thereof is fire and much wood; the breath of the LORD, like a stream of brimstone, doth kindle it.

The Hebrew of the word stream is nachal which means river, brook, valley, stream and flood, and in it original sense it means to inherit or inheritance (from 5157).

1) to get as a possession, acquire, inherit, possess

a) (Qal)

1) to take possession, inherit

2) to have or get as a possession or property (fig.)

3) to divide the land for a possession

4) to acquire (testimonies) (fig.)

b) (Piel) to divide for a possession

c) (Hithpael) to possess oneself of

d) (Hiphil)

1) to give as a possession

2) to cause to inherit, give as an inheritance

e) (Hophal) to be allotted, be made to possess

The fire and brimstone is our inheritance.

God is the fire and His breath of life which is the destruction of carnal man and the birthing of Christ/manifestation of Jesus Christ in us is our inheritance.

All of creation as a woman in travail is waiting for the ma nifestation of Jesus Christ. The breath of life carries the weight of a women in travail (the birthing of Chrisit).

So then what do we know about fire and brimstone from scripture?

We know that brimstone is the breath of God Is.30:33.

We know that fire and brimstone comes from the LORD out of heaven Gen.19:24.

Gen 19:24 Then the LORD rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven;

We know that He/God will magnify and sanctify Himself by fire and brimstone Eze.38:22-23.

Eze 38:22 And I will plead against him with pestilence and with blood; and I will rain upon him, and upon his bands, and upon the many people that are with him, an overflowing rain, and great hailstones, fire, and brimstone.

Eze 38:23 Thus will I magnify myself, and sanctify myself; and I will be known in the eyes of many nations, and they shall know that I am the LORD.

And we know that fire and brimstone IS the second death Rev.21:8.

So by these thing we know the fire and brimstone IS of God and is not strange fire or any other kind of fire, it is God Himself and His breath of life which is our inheritance which is the birthing/manifestation of Jesus Christ IN us.

Dear Rocky:

I am not sure how you think that this improves on anything that I had to say about "brimstone" in my series on The Lake of Fire? I explained that brimstone is divinity and hence from God, and it is symbolic of burning out the carnality of those in judgment.  Certain more can be said about any topic I cover. I could spend ten or twenty pages on "brimstone," BUT WHY?  I explained what it is and its purpose, so what more needs to be said?  I can't make these articles thousands of pages long. People think that they are already way too long.

I am fully aware of the fact that everyone wants to be a teacher, but that is one thing that we don't allow on our form for the obvious reasons that it usually gets into unscriptural heresy, and I don't have the time to then read dozens of pages of discussions to sort it all out and comment on it. I don't have enough time to do the important things I need to do.  Our Forum is not the place to try out new ideas and teachings on Biblical themes. You can send them to me, but then again I cannot answer all of these teachings and questions either. There are just too many of them, and our moderators are not trained, nor do they have the time (they all have full-time jobs) to answer all of the different teachings people wish to interject into the Forum.  Hope you understand.

God be with you,

Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 22 queries.