bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: As it was in the day of Noah.  (Read 12227 times)

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: As it was in the day of Noah.
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2015, 03:27:03 PM »

Interesting perspective on the final parable you shared Kat.

Isaiah 11:1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:
Matthew 2:23 And he came and dwelt in a city called Nazareth: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets, He shall be called a Nazarene.
Jeremiah 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
Zechariah 3:8 Hear now, O Joshua the high priest, thou, and thy fellows that sit before thee: for they are men wondered at: for, behold, I will bring forth my servant the Branch.
Isaiah 4:2 In that day shall the branch of the Lord be beautiful and glorious, and the fruit of the earth shall be excellent and comely for them that are escaped of Israel.

Certainly entirely possible that He is the branch.

If He is the branch then we are the leaves.

Revelation 22:2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

John 7:37-38 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

Psalm 1:1-3 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

Jeremiah 17:7-8  Blessed is the man that trusteth in the Lord, and whose hope the Lord is. For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.

John 15:1-5 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

John 17:11-23 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are. While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled. And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves. I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil. They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth. As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world. And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth. Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

So Yes, Christ always has Preeminence. He is the foundation. If He is in us and we are in Him, then we are of Him and come forth out of Him even as He proceeds out of the Father. So if He is the vine, we are the branches. If He is the branch, we are the leaves. If He is the body, we are the members. He is the King OF kings, we are the kings. He is the Lord OF lords, we are the lords. Firstborn among many, always having preeminence. A name above all names.

Colossians 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

So He is the Saviour, we are the saviours. He judges, we Judge. He heals, we heal. When He shall appear, we shall be like Him. For we shall see Him as He is.

Obadiah 1:21 And saviours shall come up on mount Zion to judge the mount of Esau; and the kingdom shall be the Lord's.

Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

1 Corinthians 6:2 Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?

Colossians 3:4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

1 John 2:28 And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.

1 John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

1 John 4:17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

Definitely seeing a pattern here. If the elect can no longer be hidden because they are the leaves being put forth then time is very near. Ray was the closest I know to an elect of God and he certainly was not hidden. The internet and how rapidly our world is shrinking seems to be a good reason for why the elect will not remain hidden for much longer if they are not already being revealed.

God bless,
Alex
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 03:40:34 PM by lilitalienboi16 »
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Kat

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2015, 05:11:41 PM »

Great Post Alex!  Ok I see from what your saying that the elect will not be hidden, but not hidden from who? I don't think the world or the church know who the elect are, they don't know the truth. So if the elect are not hidden would they just not be hidden from each other?  There is the whole Christian church who think they are the elect and there is only a few who see them not as the elect. These who see them not are really hidden from all the rest, even the world. My question is who are the elect being revealed to?  Are they just being revealed to each other?  Isaiah said...Isaiah 53:1 (KJV)
Isaiah 53
 [53:1] Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?
All those who are not the elect will see the elect one day, but has that day started?

Michael, the disciples had ask Christ 2 questions, though they were thinking it was one and the same.

Mat 24:3  While Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately and said, "Tell us, when will these things take place, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?"

Jesus had just been telling them about how the Temple would be destroyed.

Mat 24:2  But he told them, "You see all these things, don't you? I tell you with certainty, there isn't a single stone here that will be left standing on top of another. They will all be torn down."

So He went through all the things that had to take place in this age first... then He went into His return and He gave them the parable of the fig tree. But clearly the parable could only be understood by the end time generation that it was speaking of, they are the ones that would see all those things come together. So yes it was for that last generation of believers, because He knew they would have the same question as the disciples had "what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?"

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Kat

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2015, 07:10:22 PM »

Michael, that parable is for this age the elect now. I knew Ray I'm convinced he was an elect I know a few others that I also feel a strong connection in the spirit and that does not have to be from a face to face meeting, at least not for me. So yes I think we are being revealed to each other. But that parable is but one of the indication this could be the end of the age.

Also we have Daniel 12.

Dan 12:4  "But you, Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book until the time of the end; many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase."

Can the internet be any more representative than "knowledge shall increase" in this verse? These things have been sealed up and cannot be understood until those at the end can recognize it. So many mysteries of the Scripture were revealed by Ray, how much more is there yet to come?

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Mike Gagne

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2015, 07:41:49 PM »

Michael, that parable is for this age the elect now. I knew Ray I'm convinced he was an elect I know a few others that I also feel a strong connection in the spirit and that does not have to be from a face to face meeting, at least not for me. So yes I think we are being revealed to each other. But that parable is but one of the indication this could be the end of the age.

Also we have Daniel 12.

Dan 12:4  "But you, Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book until the time of the end; many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase."

Can the internet be any more representative than "knowledge shall increase" in this verse? These things have been sealed up and cannot be understood until those at the end can recognize it. So many mysteries of the Scripture were revealed by Ray, how much more is there yet to come?

mercy, peace and love
Kat
Ok that's what your saying ! 😀

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2015, 07:46:54 PM »

Also we have Daniel 12.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

I feel very similarly to what you said Kat though I did not personally know ray.

Matthew 7:16-18 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

Luke 6:43-45 For a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit; neither doth a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes. A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

Ray was adamant that one of the differences between himself and others who preached Christ was that he obeyed God. I am absolutely convinced that if we obey God and humble ourselves under His mighty hand, He will reveal all things to us in due time. You will know them by their fruit indeed.

Acts 5:32 And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.
Luke 6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

1 Thessalonians 5:1-7 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.  For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

Revelation 3:3 Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. IF therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

Matthew 44:32-33 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh: So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

The day will not over take the elect of God as a snare upon the world. The church may very well be blind until the last second because they are looking for some physical man to sit on some physical throne and call himself God and that this is going to trick the world into worshiping him and getting some physical tattoo on the forehead. They are awaiting the physical rebuilding of the temple of God in Jerusalem over in the middle east not realizing that it is they themselves who sit upon the throne of God in their own hearts seeing as we are the temple of God.

I don't think we can know the exact hour (Matt 24:42) but we can know the nearness of that time!

By His grace and mercy these things will be made more clear in His time. I can't help but be in wonder at how often this topic arises on the forums though. Coincidence? Don't believe in such things. Lord willing though its not to lead us astray. We are all at His mercy.

God bless,
Alex
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 07:50:27 PM by lilitalienboi16 »
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

acomplishedartis

« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2015, 04:07:57 AM »

[even the events that seem accidental are really ordered by Him]. (Proverbs‬ 16‬:33‬ AMP)😀

I would rather say: "that the events that seem accidental/coincidental are easier and clearer proof for us that everything is ordered by Him"

My life is way too full of those "accidental/coincidental events" (either good ones or bad ones), sometimes it feels surreal...

---------------------------------------

Thanks Kat and Alex for putting all these Scriptures together foe everyone to read. 
Love you
Moises

« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 04:10:43 AM by Moises G. »

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2015, 01:46:00 PM »

Just to add to my own thoughts:

Kat mentioned daniel 12:4 previously and I wanted to add Amos 8 because it uses that similar language of "run to and fro" but it gives a lot more insight.

Amos 8:9-11 And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the Lord God, that I will cause the sun to go down at noon, and I will darken the earth in the clear day: And I will turn your feasts into mourning, and all your songs into lamentation; and I will bring up sackcloth upon all loins, and baldness upon every head; and I will make it as the mourning of an only son, and the end thereof as a bitter day. Behold, the days come, saith the Lord God, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the Lord: And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the Lord, and shall not find it.

Here is that daniel 12:4 verse:

Daniel 12:4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

During this period of "knowledge shall increase" which corresponds to the time of "the end" there will be a "famine of hearing the Words of the Lord." If the sun is the light of God and the moon reflects that light (the church) but we know the sun will be darkened and the moon turned to blood red, does this not correspond with that "famine of hearing the Word of the Lord?" Is this not what we see today? Knowledge has increased greatly but this earth and its people are experiencing a very serious "famine of hearing the Words of the Lord," ins't it?

God bless,
Alex

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2015, 03:19:09 PM »

Found this too as a reference for the righteous to a leaf;

Proverbs 11:28

(ASV)  He that trusteth in his riches shall fall; But the righteous shall flourish as the green leaf.

(CLV) He who trusts in his riches, he himself shall fall, Yet the righteous shall bud like a leaf."

(ESV)  Whoever trusts in his riches will fall, but the righteous will flourish like a green leaf.

(GNB)  Those who depend on their wealth will fall like the leaves of autumn, but the righteous will prosper like the leaves of summer.

(GW)  Whoever trusts his riches will fall, but righteous people will flourish like a green leaf.

(ISV)  The person who trusts in his wealth will fall, but the righteous will flourish like green leaves.

(KJV)  He that trusteth in his riches shall fall: but the righteous shall flourish as a branch.

KJV uses the word branch but most translations use a leaf. It appears to be more accurate!

God bless,
Alex
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 06:07:37 PM by lilitalienboi16 »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.