bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JESUS UPBRAIDS THE CHURCH LEADERS  (Read 4550 times)

Extol

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
JESUS UPBRAIDS THE CHURCH LEADERS
« on: March 11, 2015, 11:33:15 AM »

I was looking through some old e-mails and found one I had never read before, and read this classic reply from Ray:

Yes Pat, by all means, "let's stick to the authority of the Word."

So, "The church was not yet...He was speaking to the unsaved Jews...not the Church."

Oh really?  And so now you shout:  O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
     and chortle in your joy" [From the Jabberwocky], for thinking you made a Scriptural fool out of me, do you?

You can read the rest here: http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,7467.0.html  ;D ;D ;D

lauriellen

Re: JESUS UPBRAIDS THE CHURCH LEADERS
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 12:01:20 AM »

I have been going back thru the "emails to Ray" also, and boy oh boy are his replies
like gold to me. Here are a few that recently caught my attention:
"... You seem to be wondering when God will begin to drag you to Christ, without realizing that everything you go through is part of the journey to that end. We usually don't see it until sometimes years after it has happened. I have told many that they will not begin to come out of their sins until they begin to really HATE THEM. Oh, I know, "everybody hates their sins." No, not really. When you begin to hate your sins like poisonous snakes you WILL STAY AWAY FROM THEM. God is able. God will also wait until you yourself are thoroughly convinced that you are powerless to conquer your sins. When you do finally begin to have major victories over your carnal mind and the lusts of your flesh, you will KNOW that it was God and not you. It always gets darker just before the dawn, so don't lose faith.

God be with you,

Ray
+

"Let me assure my readers that I do not make light of the profound heartache, pain, and misery that God inflicts upon humanity. I am not a newcomer, nor a novice to the arena of heartache, pain, and misery. I have on numerous occasions suffered very severe pain. I have been "one knock from death's door" more than once. I have lost my only son when he was but seven years old. Although I can justify God in all His dealings with His creatures, yet I cringe at many of the atrocities deemed necessary for His plan and purpose. Do you think that I am able to take in stride the cruel and evil beheadings by terrorists in Iraq?
 We read that, "Jesus wept" as He perceived the near-at-hand destruction of Jerusalem. And yet He fully knew that it was all of God His Father, and at the appointed time Jerusalem and its citizens would be starved, tortured, and utterly destroyed by the armies of Titus. I too weep over the present evils of this world and those yet impending.
 GOD IS A STICKLER FOR DETAILS
 God doesn’t only know the big things, like when you were to be born and when you are to die, but God know everything in between our birth and death.
 Just because God counts islands and whole nations as tiny drops or particles of dust, does not mean that He is not also aware of droplets of water and particles of dust (Isa. 40:15). Jesus said: "But the very hairs of your head are all numbered" (Matt. 10:30). Etc., etc., etc.

God be with you,

Ray"
+
"If everyone reading my papers could easily and instantly see that the world of theology has utterly perverted and distorted and twisted and blasphemed the word of God, then there would be no more deception. This is not God's intention. These deceptions are clever, and that is why the whole world believes these deceptions.
 God be with you,
 Ray"

Also, I was looking for a particular post from Ray on the topic of how the US and many churches are so supportive of Israel because they believe they are God's chosen and will be blessed by doing so. Ray was giving the facts about how corrupt modern day Israel is. I wasn't able to find the one I was looking for. Perhaps someone will know where I can find that.
Thanks.
Lauriellen

Extol

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 12:11:49 PM »

I have been going back thru the "emails to Ray" also, and boy oh boy are his replies
like gold to me.

This is just the thought I had when I was going through the e-mails yesterday. They are like gold, hidden gems with which God has favored us. One of my favorite chapters in Job is chapter 28, where Job talks about wisdom being more valuable than treasure. An excerpt from the New Living Translation:

12“But do people know where to find wisdom?
    Where can they find understanding?
13 No one knows where to find it,[a]
    for it is not found among the living.
14 ‘It is not here,’ says the ocean.
    ‘Nor is it here,’ says the sea.
15 It cannot be bought with gold.
    It cannot be purchased with silver.
16 It’s worth more than all the gold of Ophir,
    greater than precious onyx or lapis lazuli.
17 Wisdom is more valuable than gold and crystal.
    It cannot be purchased with jewels mounted in fine gold.
18 Coral and jasper are worthless in trying to get it.
    The price of wisdom is far above rubies.
19 Precious peridot from Ethiopia cannot be exchanged for it.
    It’s worth more than the purest gold.

20 “But do people know where to find wisdom?
    Where can they find understanding?
21 It is hidden from the eyes of all humanity.
    Even the sharp-eyed birds in the sky cannot discover it.

I really like that first e-mail about overcoming the sins...

Joel

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 01:17:47 AM »

Hi Lauriellen,
Here is one email where Ray briefly mentions modern day Jerusalem. (Holy City?)
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,1632.0.html

Joel
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 24 queries.