bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jesus unveils Our Father  (Read 13040 times)

cheekie3

Re: Jesus unveils Our Father
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2015, 03:17:52 PM »

Rene -

Thank you.

It was good to read these two replies from Ray again.

Most Helpful.

Kind Regards, George
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 03:19:54 PM by cheekie3 »

rick

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2015, 05:47:33 PM »

Heb 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

IMO, this proves Christ was never disobedient.

Hi Dennis,

Jesus was already resurrected when Heb 4:15 was written.

So? Are you saying Jesus continued to be tempted after he was resurrected?
Hi Dennis,

Not sure if we are understanding each other rightly, hopefully I can clarify myself, so you said in reply # 4 (  IMO, this proves Christ was never disobedient )

That statement you made concerning  Heb 4:15 tells us Christ was not disobedient, what proves Christ was not disobedient was His resurrection which we know happen because there were many eye witnesses that saw Christ after His death.

The question to me is When did Jesus become high priest, before the resurrection or after the resurrection, my answer is after the resurrection.

Now you ask me if I think Christ can still be tempted , I say Christ cannot be tempted because Christ is God and God cannot be tempted.

According to my understanding from Ray is although Christ was tempted while in the flesh God the Father never caused Christ or rather sent or put any circumstances in Christ life while in the flesh that would cause Christ to sin.

Well Dennis, I hope I didn’t  fumble my meaning but if I did, wouldn’t be the first time. lol

John from Kentucky

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2015, 04:02:48 PM »

Jesus has always been the Priest of the Most High God.  Heb 3:1  Heb 5:10  Psalm 110:4  Gen 14:18

Jesus is:

The Way, the Truth, and the Life.  John 14:6

The Anointed One.  Matt 1:16

God's visible image.  Col 1:15  2Cor 4:4

The Creator God.  Col 1:16  John 1:3

The Savior God.  Matt 1:21  Titus 2:13  Titus 3:6

The Exact Representation of God.  Heb 1:3

Equal to God.  Philippians 2:6

The Mighty God; the Everlasting Father; the Prince of Peace;
the Government is upon His shoulders;His Government will expand forever.  Isa 9:6-7

All Power in the heavens and earth.  Matt 28:18

Judge of all.  Gen 18:25

Healer of all.  Luke 4:18

Remover of all tears.  Rev 7:17

The Beginning and the End.  Rev 1:8

The first word in the Scriptures (Gen 1) and the last word in the Scriptures (Revelation--Amen).  Rev 1:8  Rev 1:11

God's expressive Statement about Himself (the Word (singular).  John 1:1

The Word (singular) is, was, and shall be God.  John 1:1  Rev 1:8

Lord and God.  John 20:28

And on and on I could go.  And, yes, I have Scriptures to support all the above statements.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 08:51:31 PM by John from Kentucky »

dave

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2015, 09:19:42 PM »

Jesus has always been the Priest of the Most High God.

Jesus is:

The Way, the Truth, and the Life.

The Anointed One.

God's visible image.

The Creator God.

The Savior God.

The Exact Representation of God.

Equal to God.

The Mighty God; the Everlasting Father; the Prince of Peace;
the Government is upon His shoulders;His Government will expand forever.

All Power in the heavens and earth.

Judge of all.

Healer of all.

Remover of all tears.

The Beginning and the End.

The first word in the Scriptures (Gen 1) and the last word in the Scriptures (Revelation--Amen).

God's expressive Statement about Himself (the Word (singular).

The Word (singular) is, was, and shall be God.

Lord and God.

And on and on I could go.  And, yes, I have Scriptures to support all the above statements.

:)

rick

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2015, 09:24:39 PM »

Hi J from K,

I read your reply aimed at what I had said to Dennis and find myself thankful for making the statement I did.

I discovered  I’m still operating under false doctrine, ( I wonder where I got that from ) anyhow you had exposed apart of my belief that is not accurate and I thank you for doing so.

I’m not challenging you John but you did say you have Scriptures to support all the above statements in reply 22 and if your incline to put them up I certainly will not waste your time as I would be also incline to read each and everyone of the scriptures you use as a witness to back up your claim.

I’m beginning to understand the importance of two to three witness for an accurate knowledge of God.

I don’t know how long Jesus is going to take with me to bring me to a full accurate knowledge
of Himself but what ever time that entails I shall wait patiently and be patient with all who Jesus uses in my earthly life.

Sincerely, John, thank you. 

John from Kentucky

« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2015, 08:53:36 PM »

Hi J from K,

I read your reply aimed at what I had said to Dennis and find myself thankful for making the statement I did.

I discovered  I’m still operating under false doctrine, ( I wonder where I got that from ) anyhow you had exposed apart of my belief that is not accurate and I thank you for doing so.

I’m not challenging you John but you did say you have Scriptures to support all the above statements in reply 22 and if your incline to put them up I certainly will not waste your time as I would be also incline to read each and everyone of the scriptures you use as a witness to back up your claim.

I’m beginning to understand the importance of two to three witness for an accurate knowledge of God.

I don’t know how long Jesus is going to take with me to bring me to a full accurate knowledge
of Himself but what ever time that entails I shall wait patiently and be patient with all who Jesus uses in my earthly life.

Sincerely, John, thank you.

I went back and added Scriptures to my post.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2015, 04:10:33 PM »

I thought this was kind of interesting. Jesus is THE amen, and the last word of Revelation, of all of scripture is, AMEN. So  I guess it play's into what John said about Jesus being the first and last Word of God in scriptures?

Rev_3:14  And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

Famous Last Words:

Rev 22:20  He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.
Rev 22:21  The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

God bless,
Alex

1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

rick

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2015, 10:18:51 PM »

Hi John,

I read the scriptures you had put down and would like to say thank you for taking the time to do so, I agree with Alex that it was interesting Jesus being the first word in scripture and the last word in scripture.

I also find  interesting Mat 26: 62 and 63, There are two high priest in the same room, one of the earth and Christ from above.

Mat 26:62  And the high priest stood up, and said unto him, Answerest thou nothing? what is it which these witness against thee?

Mat 26:63  But Jesus held his peace. And the high priest said unto him, I adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell us whether thou art the Christ, the Son of God.

I also find interesting that the earthly high priest rent his garment and the true high priest rent the veil of the temple.

Mat 26:65 Then the high priest rent his garments, saying, He hath spoken blasphemy: what further need have we of witnesses? behold, now ye have heard the blasphemy:

Mat 27:51  And behold, the veil of the temple was rent in two from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake; and the rocks were rent;

Thanks again John for exposing those who contradict.  :)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 22 queries.