bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: touching his robe  (Read 5449 times)

octoberose

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
touching his robe
« on: March 13, 2015, 12:08:00 AM »

I keep thinking if I could touch the robe of his garment, he would heal my son. Why can't I get there?
  Ray told me once that to have the faith that moves mountains requires absolute faith and obedience. I tired to find the exact words from him but haven't found it yet. God has given me a mountain to be moved that looks about as hopeless as the Hebrews waiting to be set free by the Egyptians- and we know how that turned out. In His time, in His way and with much loss of life.
 Our son hasn't talked to us in over two months. He just refuses. I  believe that God is doing a work that I can't see - and then I fall into hopelessness. And then I get back up again and believe. Again and again. I want to walk on that water straight towards Him and not drown.
 We need wisdom what to do, how to handle things. Do we keep paying for some things even when he won't talk to us? Is he clinically depressed?  My husband and I need wisdom. Nathan needs God.  Please continue pray if you feel led to.

cheekie3

Re: touching his robe
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 02:37:12 AM »

Octoberose -

We must at all times remember that above all else, Our Heavenly Father is absolute Love and Sovereign, and he has prepared all of our steps that we must all experience in the knowledge of both Good and Evil.

Life is very hard and Life is precious.

Suffering and pain are essential for all of us; and I believe He suffers and feels your pain and your son's pain.

He looks at the desires of our hearts; and your desire is to help your son because you care and love him.

Our Father also cares and loves your son, and we know He hears and sees all things, including our crying out to Him night and day to help those who are suffering and in pain.

Praying and talking to Him - and asking for His Grace is the Best and only way.

At times He may feel distant and uncaring - but we know that this is not true - as He desires and is patiently waiting for His Loving Family whom He is patiently creating in His Image through much tribulation.

I will pray for you and your son and your family as I am sure He Burdens us all to do so - even those of us we do not reply to your post.

In His Grace, George.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 02:17:56 PM »

I keep thinking if I could touch the robe of his garment, he would heal my son. Why can't I get there?
  Ray told me once that to have the faith that moves mountains requires absolute faith and obedience. I tired to find the exact words from him but haven't found it yet. God has given me a mountain to be moved that looks about as hopeless as the Hebrews waiting to be set free by the Egyptians- and we know how that turned out. In His time, in His way and with much loss of life.
 Our son hasn't talked to us in over two months. He just refuses. I  believe that God is doing a work that I can't see - and then I fall into hopelessness. And then I get back up again and believe. Again and again. I want to walk on that water straight towards Him and not drown.
 We need wisdom what to do, how to handle things. Do we keep paying for some things even when he won't talk to us? Is he clinically depressed?  My husband and I need wisdom. Nathan needs God.  Please continue pray if you feel led to.

Hi Rose,

Obedience is certainly the key!

1 John 3:21-22 "Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God. And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight."

James 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Of course though, we cannot obey Christ without His spirit. It's Him in us.

Ephesians 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Philippians 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

As George said, God is long suffering. He is near to all of us.

Psalm 86:15 But thou, O Lord, art a God full of compassion, and gracious, long suffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Acts 17:26-29 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation; That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us: For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

1 Col 16-20  For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell; And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

So why can't you get there?

John 13:36 Simon Peter said unto him, Lord, whither goest thou? Jesus answered him, Whither I go, thou canst not follow me NOW; BUT THOUGH SHALT FOLLOW ME AFTERWARDS.

You will get there! Maybe not now but you will!

A verse I have become extremely fond of:

Isaiah 66:2 For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the Lord: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and TREMBLES at my word.

I will pray for your family, dear sister, and your son Nathan. May God be merciful to you all during this trying time. The Lord's will be done.

God bless,
Alex
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 03:45:00 PM by lilitalienboi16 »
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

octoberose

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2015, 01:55:27 AM »

Thank you for the kind replies, George and Alex.
   I am encouraged and admonished to tremble at his word.

cjwood

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2015, 03:36:00 PM »

octoberose.  i am so very sorry for the heartache you and your husband are experiencing.  i have no words of wisdom to help, except that God is not done yet, with nathan, or you, or any of us.  we must continue to look to Him, or else we will become so overwhelmed with this world, that we become hopeless.  He alone is our lasting comfort and hope.  someday your excruciating pain will be replaced with a peace that surpasses the understanding.  it just has to. 

love,
claudia

Ian 155

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2015, 08:20:36 AM »

"c&p from a similar trial

If I could just touch His robe—it was the one thought that pushed her to get up that morning despite her pain, go outside and face the crowds, look like a fool if need be as she pushed her way through, and risk being beaten to a pulp, all for the sake of one hope — to touch the garment of Jesus".

as I understand the word, her thoughts were in just touching his robe, that is prior to her actually touching grabbing the (outer garment) she would be made "whole" she was then compelled to push Force her way through the "mob" ( representing false,untaught,unbelief,lies )I believe,and grabbed hold of Jesus outer garment.

I believe Blind Bartimaeus was not to far off an exact experience

It has been said that our physical ailments are indicative of our spiritual state...

I  believe that you may have been given a key from the Father, ask him to guide you thru the mob of lies and deceit. We often however,in desperation, even turn back to our carnal state, in a desperate attempt to get His attention I have no doubt yours is similar.

You have His attention. He caused the circumstance and He knows the outcome, Hezekiah was given a death notice.

God caused him to ...well lets read it   

2Ki 20:1  At that time Hezekiah became sick and almost died. The prophet Isaiah son of Amoz went to see him and told him, "The LORD says, 'You will die soon, so you should tell your family what they should do when you die. You will not get well.'"
2Ki 20:2  Hezekiah turned his face to the wall that faced the Temple and began praying to the LORD.
2Ki 20:3  "LORD, remember that I have sincerely served you with all my heart. I have done what you say is good." Then Hezekiah cried very hard.

2Ki 20:4  Before Isaiah had left the middle courtyard, he received this message from the LORD,
2Ki 20:5  "Go back and speak to Hezekiah, the leader of my people. Tell him, 'This is what the LORD, the God of your ancestor David, says: I heard your prayer and I saw your tears, so I will heal you. On the third day you will go up to the Temple of the LORD.

Now I believe this is the experience (prophecy) that Jesus had in the garden prior to crucifixion, Jesus experienced it Physically for our sake... we experience a spiritual likeness

There was a time, I recall, in a lonely prison cell, being bought to a place of literal unceasing "sobbing" before my God and your God, when I arose from that state ...

that circumstance was made whole,on the third day

May The Lord reveal to you, why he led you to that particular scripture at this particular time.

He will Keep you pushing thru the mob...

repottinger

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2015, 06:22:58 PM »

Dear Rose,
I’m so sorry to hear about your continuing problems with your son; it must be so heart-breaking and discouraging for you and your husband. As Alex said, though, you will “get there”—maybe not now, but eventually—as will Nathan as well, at God’s appointed time. Until then, I hope that you can wait for God’s perfect will to work itself out in your life. 

14 Wait on the LORD:
be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart:
wait, I say, on the LORD. (Psalm 27:14 AKJV)

Regarding Nathan’s behavior, I obviously have no idea what may be behind it; however, as you mentioned, some type of psychological condition affecting him would certainly seem to be a possibility. Maybe, if you’re able and he is willing, you could arrange a psychological evaluation for him. I will continue to pray for God to deliver you and your family from this trying situation. 
Your brother in Christ,
Randy
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 12:40:59 PM by repottinger »

Joel

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2015, 12:03:16 AM »

Hi Octoberose,
I noticed when I was rereading your prayer request that it has been several months since you first posted.
I hope things are better for you and your family now.
There is a account recorded in Mark 9:24 that came to mind where Jesus healed a man's son that his disciples weren't able to do anything for.
The man said something to Jesus that reminded me of you.

Matthew 9:24-And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, LORD, I believe: help thou mine unbelief.
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. My he help your son, and my the name of the LORD be glorified.
Hoping to hear a good report soon.

Joel

octoberose

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2015, 11:24:42 PM »

Thank you Joel for remembering us.
  God has taken things that are a chore to work out and handed Nathan a reason and a need to talk with us. He and his dad had to work out some financial things. Apparently that went well (at least my husband perceived it that way). Then Nathan's health insurance was cancelled- they said the amount we were paying was $20 off- Nathan says he received no such notification. So, we had to talk about that and for the first time in months I actually had a phone conversation with him. And now our dog, who of course was his dog, is probably dying. She's in ill health and Nathan is responding when I tell him about her. So, here we have finances, insurance, and our sweet almost eleven year  old dog probably dying of cancer and all of that has been reason for communication! 
 Nathan's birthday was June 3 and it was a hard day for several reasons, but in the midst of the hard I could tell that so many people were praying and He carried me through.
 Nate even wished his sister (the one he holds a grudge against) a happy birthday via text . That was amazing. I think since she just recently found out she was pregnant again that brought out the tender side of him. How this all works to bring Nathan to know our God, I don't know. But it is a sign of his heart a little less hard toward his family.
 I understand that father in Matthew 9. I know God will work all things out in the counsel of His own will- I just don't know what His will is.
 Randy, we have encouraged him to seek counseling and so far he has rejected it.  I would appreciate it if you join us in praying for good counsel for him.
 Oh, and I never thanked Ian. Thank you so much Ian. I am pushing through-a little at a time.

repottinger

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2015, 01:23:56 AM »

I guess that that's not surprising in many ways, Rose, but maybe in God's due time Nathan will change his mind. I'm very happy, though, to hear about the positive developments that He has already brought about, and I will continue to pray for further progress.
Your brother in the Christ,
Randy
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 12:40:28 PM by repottinger »

cheekie3

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2015, 01:42:06 AM »

Dear Octoberose -

Our burden and daily troubles are similar in that we have a very troubled son.

I understand and know how all this affects each family member - and at times you do not know how the nightmare will end.

I will continue to pray for Nathan and all your family.

The Lord is perfect and plans our every desire, thought, speech and behaviour - and at times our choices are bad ones - but not one of us could have done anything differently - whether we wanted to or not.

It is very hard to go through what The Lord has planned for us in times like this - but He does not take short cuts, as our purification demands us going through His fire in suffering (and He is always with Nathan and your family suffering your pain with you).

I hope your family and in particular Nathan - are near the end of this particular chapter in your lives - and that what will shortly follow is His abundant Grace and perhaps His Blessings on all of you.

May He richly heal Nathan completely and provide you all with His Peace and Joy of Heart - to replace your deep sorrows and heaviness in your hearts.

In His wonderful Name.

George.

Joel

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2015, 01:25:57 PM »

It's good to hear from you Octoberose,

I detect a glimmer of hope in your words.
God is able to bind up the wounds of the injured.

Joel

daywalker

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2015, 01:46:15 PM »

"...and I believe He suffers and feels your pain and your son's pain."

I have come to believe this as well. I don't have any specific scriptures to support it yet, but I believe they are in there somewhere. I often ask God do you have any idea what it is like to feel hopeless and stupid for not being able to overcome certain sins? And do you know what it's like to feel all this pain and sickness that humans go through daily? I feel the Spirit of God telling me yes, He does know- somehow.

Octoberose-
You, your son and family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Daywalker

repottinger

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2015, 03:41:31 PM »

Yes, Daywalker, I agree; as a matter of fact, I was just reading these verses that deal with the sufferings that Christ endured while in the flesh before I read your post! I hope that they might be helpful to you and to you, too, Rose.

Hebrews 2: 9-18 (AKJV):
9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.
10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings. 11 For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren, 12 saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee. 13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me. 14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; 15 and deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage. 16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham. 17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people. 18 For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

Your brother in Christ,
Randy
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 12:41:46 PM by repottinger »

Joel

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2015, 09:59:48 PM »

The LORD truly understands the plight of man, there is a good reference to this in the whole chapter of Isaiah 53. Here are a couple of those verses.
Isaiah 53:4-Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of GOD, and afflicted.  5-But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Joel

Joel

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2015, 01:01:26 AM »

Hebrews 4:15-16 are also comforting.
15-For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
16-Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we my obtain mercy, and find grace to help in the time of need.

Joel

cheekie3

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2015, 06:08:38 AM »

Octoberose -

Perhaps the following that Alex posted to my post about Isaiah 61:3 shows the end of your current situation:

Isaiah 61:3 "To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified."

Psalm 30:11 Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing: thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness;

Psalm 1:1-3 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

Jeremiah 17:7-8  Blessed is the man that trusteth in the Lord, and whose hope the Lord is. For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.

Psalm 92:12-15 The righteous shall flourish like the palm tree: he shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon. Those that be planted in the house of the Lord shall flourish in the courts of our God. They shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be fat and flourishing; To shew that the Lord is upright: he is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in him.

The analogy in the new testament to us being tree's which must bear good fruit is certainly there too.

Matthew 7:15-17 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

Matthew 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Matthew 12:33 Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.

Luke 6:43-45 For a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit; neither doth a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes. A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

James 3:12 Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.

So Yes George, this verse is about you! IF you see yourself in Christ and Christ in you!

I think the rest of Isaiah 63 relates to us as well, there is a reference to the bridegroom/bride(Matthew 25:1, Rev 21:2, Isaiah 49:18) which we know from revelation is new Jerusalem which is the elect (Rev 19:7-9, 2 Cor 11:2). We also see righteousness springing forth before ALL nations. Who is this other than the elect of God?

Well hope my thoughts help you George!

George.

octoberose

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2015, 09:52:33 PM »

Beauty for ashes- What a day that will be.  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 23 queries.