bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: You can’t blame God for everything !  (Read 7637 times)

rick

You can’t blame God for everything !
« on: March 20, 2015, 11:08:49 PM »

So, I been thinking about not having free will and as a result I can no longer believe that God can be blamed for everything.

This may sound like a contradiction but I believe that no living entity has free will, Ray has done a great jog of pointing that out and one would need to be blind not to see that or understand it.

Maybe I misunderstood all along an I’m now getting it but my point is , sure God sends causes in our life to have us move in one direction or another, but when one commits or is involved in something that is an abomination to God then God has nothing to do with it, His hands are clean concerning ones actions so to speak.

Take these terrorist for instance that decapitate their victims, can one honestly believe that was Gods intention ? Doing such horrific things such as the likes of can only be attributed to the wickedness of man.

Sure, God takes responsibility for all things because He is the creator but not the perpetrator of such things or the author thereof.

I don’t believe God intended for any man to rape a women or little child but I do believe God did have foreknowledge of such things from the beginning.

I believe my understanding is in line with Ray’s teachings as to who the guilty culprit is .

You can’t blame God for everything !  >:(

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: You can’t blame God for everything !
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 12:37:35 AM »

So, I been thinking about not having free will and as a result I can no longer believe that God can be blamed for everything.

This may sound like a contradiction but I believe that no living entity has free will, Ray has done a great jog of pointing that out and one would need to be blind not to see that or understand it.

Maybe I misunderstood all along an I’m now getting it but my point is , sure God sends causes in our life to have us move in one direction or another, but when one commits or is involved in something that is an abomination to God then God has nothing to do with it, His hands are clean concerning ones actions so to speak.

Take these terrorist for instance that decapitate their victims, can one honestly believe that was Gods intention ? Doing such horrific things such as the likes of can only be attributed to the wickedness of man.

Sure, God takes responsibility for all things because He is the creator but not the perpetrator of such things or the author thereof.

I don’t believe God intended for any man to rape a women or little child but I do believe God did have foreknowledge of such things from the beginning.

I believe my understanding is in line with Ray’s teachings as to who the guilty culprit is .

Hi Rick,

God uses the circumstances in our lives (for example: where you're born and a plethora of unseen conditions) as well as our own biology (created subject to vanity [that is, moral futility] by reason of our WEAK HEARTS which was His design through wisdom) to bring us to places in our lives where we will either sin or be righteous. The only reason any of us do not commit evil acts or atrocities such as the beheadings of relatively innocent people is because God has kept us from doing such things. In our flesh dwells no good thing (Rom 7:18).

Rom. 8:20-22 "For the creature [and/or creation itself] was MADE subject to VANITY NOT WILLINGLY, but by reason of Him [that’s God] Who HATH SUBJECTED the same in hope. Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the BONDAGE OF CORRUPTION into the glorious liberty of the children of God. For we know that the WHOLE CREATION groans and travails IN PAIN until NOW"

VANITY: empty, profitless, vain, transientness [temporary], depravity [wickedness].

One of the definitions of vanity is "wickedness." Subject to wickedness.

Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately weak: who can know it?

Mat. 15:19 "For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies."

Ecc 3:11 He has made everything fitting in its season; However, He has put obscurity in their heart so that the man may not find out His work, That which the One, Elohim, does from the beginning to the terminus.

As Isaiah stated:

Isaiah 45:6-7 "That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside Me, I am the LORD, and there is none else. I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, AND CREATE EVIL: I the LORD do ALL THESE THINGS."

Isaiah 54:16 "Behold, I have created the smith that blows the coals in the fire, and that brings forth an instrument for His work, and I have CREATED THE WASTER [Satan] TO DESTROY"

Now God tempts no man directly (James 1:13), you are absolutely correct if that is your thought, but God doesn't have to tempt us directly because we are created so spiritually weak that we all volunteer to sin as soon as we get the opportunity to. However, if it weren't for Him, we would not be in this position in the first place. So yes, He is responsible even of the men who behead heads off others. He is also the one that purposed this.

You have to remember that God has a will ("LET MY PEOPLE GO") and a plan for accomplishing His will ("So the Lord HARDENED Pharoe's heart so that he would not let His people go"). These two things, His will and His plan/purpose can often seem to contradict but therein lies part of that trust in God that He knows the absolute best way for accomplishing His will. As paul says' "WHO ARE YOU OH MAN THAT RESPONDS TO GOD?"

Romans 9:13-23
13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.
18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.
19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will [ PURPOSE / PLAN/ INTENTION ]? ANSWER: NO ONE!
20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

We are first MARRED in the hand's of the potter before he makes us new. Will you deny God's complete and total sovereignty over us as a potter has over clay?

Jeremiah 18:3-6
3 Then I went down to the potter's house, and, behold, he wrought a work on the wheels.
4 And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter: so he made it again another vessel, as seemed good to the potter to make it.
5 Then the word of the Lord came to me, saying,
6 O house of Israel, cannot I do with you as this potter? saith the Lord. Behold, as the clay is in the potter's hand, so are ye in mine hand, O house of Israel.

So it is a matter of the heart, which again was by law of God's will, to bring about that will (salvation of all mankind, children in His image, sons and daughters).

Deuteronomy 5:29 O that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever!

So who is it that gives this new heart? Who gives the heart that would "fear me, and keep all my commandments always...?" God of course.

Ezekiel 36:26-27
26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

God knows full well the ramifications of putting spiritually weak man in position's and circumstances where without His divine influence he will succomb to his own weaknesses. He does this everyday though.

Jeremiah 24:7
I will give them a heart to know me, that I am the LORD. They will be my people, and I will be their God, for they will return to me with all their heart.

So we obey God because He has done these things for us and to those who behead others he has not shown mercy upon them but rather hardened their hearts because it is apart of his plan. They are fitted for destruction but He is the potter and He has this right. We are but clay.

Phil. 2:13 "For it is GOD which works in you both to WILL and to DO of His good pleasure."

James. 1:17 "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning."

Prov. 20:24 "Man’s goings [steps] are OF THE LORD; how can a man then understand his own way?"

Without God, had we been born in the same family as those men and in the same place, experienced what they experienced, we would be doing exactly what they are doing. It is all of God who shows mercy.

Therefor I believe it IS God's plan (and not His will) that those terrorists (and rapists) behead (rape) and do such horrific things however He is not the one making them do it and He certainly takes absolutely no pleasure in the suffering it causes. It is also not His desire as in His good pleasure that people rape/behead but we have to remember that His will and plan for accomplishing that will (His good pleasure) can almost seem (but are not) like a contradiction on the surface. He planned this all. God makes evil and He can keep us, or not keep us, from it.

Ecc 1:13 "It is an experience of evil Elohim [God] has given to the sons of humanity to humble them by it"

To quote from ray on all this going on in the middle east since I'm assuming that's where your thoughts on the beheadings are coming from (ISIS):

http://bible-truths.com/lake15-C.html

“I [God] will consume them by the sword…”  (Jer. 14:12).

“I [God] will scatter them also among the heathen, whom neither they nor their father have known: and I will send a sword after them, till I have consumed them”  (Jer. 9:16).

WAR :

“The Lord is a man of war: the Lord is His name”  (Ex. 15:3).

“And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse, and He that sat upon Him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he does judge and make war”  (Rev. 19:11).

DESTRUCTION :

“Howl! Ye; for the day of the Lord is at hand; it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty”  (Isa. 13:6).

“Alas for the day! For the day of the Lord is at hand, and as a destruction from the Almighty shall it come” (Joel 1:15).

SLAUGHTER :

“And the Lord discomfited them before Israel; and slew them with a great slaughter…” (Joshua 10:10).

“For the indignation of the Lord is upon all nations, and His fury upon all their armies: He has utterly destroyed them, he has delivered them to the slaughter”  ( Isa. 34:2).

EVIL :

“Out of the mouth of the most High proceeds not evil and good?”  (Lam. 3:38).

“I will raise up evil against you out of your own house…”  (II Sam. 12:11).

“…I will bring evil from the north, and a great destruction”  (Jer. 4:6).

“…Hear, O earth; behold, I will bring evil upon this people…” (Jer. 6:19).

“…Thus says the Lord; Behold, I frame evil against you…”  (Jer. 18:11).

…so shall the Lord bring upon you all evil things, until He have destroyed you from off this good land…”  (Josh. 23:15)

“What? Shall we receive good at the hand of God and shall we not receive evil?”  (Job 2:10).

“…shall thee be evil in a city, and the Lord has not done it?”  (Amos 3:6).

I don't like the term "clean hands" as its not scriptural and very ambiguous in my opinion.

I like to think of this verse when I think of evil happening and how God uses it:

Genesis 50:20 But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive.

Evil is necessary part of God's plan for SAVING humanity.

Feel free to agree or disagree.

God bless,
Alex
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 01:28:30 AM by lilitalienboi16 »
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Ricky

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2015, 12:39:26 PM »

So Rick are you saying that we cannot lame God for anything, or are you saying the entire spirit world for anything ? If that`s the case, then God just sits back and waits for man to kill himself off.  Ricky
Your heart is God`s gift to you, what you make of it, shall be your gift to Him.

Kat

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 01:03:59 PM »

Hi Rick,

It is good to come to a place that you can really recognize and appreciate the wisdom and goodness of God. Yes God did create us all with the 'illusion' that we do have a free will, but as you said Ray makes it so clear that we cannot possibly have a 'free' will... yet there are only an incredibly few who can accept this notion, much less understand it.

The wisdom of the design of the creation required there to be evil as a part of every person's life... so there is the need for people, to willingly carry out the hideous acts of evil, God designed out minds/hearts so weak that we rather easily give in, even desire, to do these atrocities. Yes God has created all the circumstances for all this to happen, but these evil things are certainly not something God takes any pleasure in, but it's a necessity for completing the work of this creation. In the end I really do think we will glorify God even more for how long He is willing to suffer in order to make us what we will become... and yes I believe His suffering is great, in bearing all this, than we could ever understand.

Here are a few emails where Ray spoke on these things.

http://bible-truths.com/emails.html#evil -------------------------------

Why did God create ANYTHING? THE EARTH? THE HEAVENS? US? ANGELS? ANIMALS?

God has always existed--He is ETERNAL. He is SPIRIT. He is LOVE. He is LONELY. GOD WANTS SONS AND DAUGHTERS.

Since God is good and God is love, He naturally wants His sons and daughters to be good and love also.

Goodness, righteousness, virtue, character, and love AND INANIMATE things cannot be created as a rock, or water, or a star, etc. By the very nature of goodness, virtue, etc., it requires TIME AND CIRCUMSTANCE to develop (or create, if you will) these things. And so God CREATES all that is needed to develop these virtuous traits of character and love.

Since any and every virtue that you can think of is the result of overcoming some for of evil, EVIL therefore becomes a very important ingredient in the development of virtue, character and love.

As God does not DIRECTLY try anyone, He had to create adversaries to do this "dirty work." And so, God created His OWN ADVERSARY, Satan, the devil. There are lesser adversaries in the form of demons.

God gives man the illusion of having "free" will, which exalts his pride and vanity and causes him to think he can operate independently from God. This then brings about SIN.  SIN is so bad that it needs to be atoned for. God sent His Son Jesus Christ to be this Atonement.

Only a few are presently called to understand ANY OF THESE THINGS. The rest of humanity will be called at the great white throne judging.

There was NO evil present with God before Satan, for God UNDERSTANDS all of the ramifications of good and evil.  When all enemies and powers are brought under Christ's subjection, then evil, sin, and even death itself will be abolished.

Sin and evil are absolutely necessary in the development of human character, virtue, and love.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3570.0.html --------

There are many things that God has created that are not a part of His "heart." Evil is not a part of God's heart. The death of the wicked is not something God cherishes in His heart. Sin is not something that God endorses, yet He created all the circumstances for its use.

http://bible-truths.com/email3.htm#evil ---------------------------------

God created evil for a purpose. So naturally He will not make evil inoperative at every turn in the road or there would have been no purpose in creating it in the first place.

Evil serves many noble purposes. One of which is a back drop for good. Good cannot be understood or certainly not appreciated without a backdrop of evil. Evil makes good appear even better and is certainly much more appreciated.

Evil is necessary for the production or development of good.  You cannot name one virtue that is not in some way produced by the resistance to some form of evil.

All knowledge is a matter of contrast and relativity. One cannot know what light is unless he has been acquainted with darkness.  One has no conception of large unless he also knows of things that are small. Up is only up in relation to down. Life is the opposite of death, etc. To understand and fully appreciate all of these things, there are many necessary experiences to go through. God creates and puts us through these many things in the development of godly character.

All of these evils can be likened to the creation of a beautiful building. Ugly scaffolding is necessary in the construction of this building. It is ugly and serves no purpose other than in the actual construction of the building. When the building is completed, the scaffolding is torn down and discarded. It serves no further purpose. All evil will be discarded one day. And the last enemy, DEATH, will likewise be ABOLISHED FOR EVER (I Cor. 15:26) and God will "ALL in All"!!!

May God be with you and grant you wisdom and understanding.

Sincerely,

Ray

rick

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2015, 02:25:54 PM »

So Rick are you saying that we cannot lame God for anything, or are you saying the entire spirit world for anything ? If that`s the case, then God just sits back and waits for man to kill himself off.  Ricky

Hi Ricky,

That’s my understanding Ricky, Let me put it this way, all is of God ,that’s very true, but not everything is by God. God sets thousands even millions of circumstances in motion in everyone’s life, that is also very true but all these circumstances are design for our spiritual growth in becoming in His image.

God does not sin, God is righteous in all His ways, God is love and also long suffering and patience and merciful. No one can say God made them sin, to say that is ridiculous and out right blasphemy.   

If I ask God’s permission to sin God would say to me you may not sin, God created Satan to take the circumstances that God brings in our life and tempt us through those circumstances , God can give me every circumstance on earth to sin  but even so its me that chooses to sin not God, now having said that I should also say God temps no one to sin and if someone says God tempted them to sin they are a liar. 

God will not tempt me to sin and Satan cannot make me or force me to sin and for this cause am I held accountable to God for all my sins.

God takes full responsibility for everything because He is the creator but our creator does not sin but rather we sin.

I do not have free will meaning I never made an uncaused choice in my entire life however even so its still my choice to make and also God foresaw every choice I would make my whole life.

All I’m saying is when I sin it was my choice to do so and not God or Satan or any of Satan’s minions making me do so.

rick

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2015, 02:54:25 PM »

Hi Rick,

God uses the circumstances in our lives (for example: where you're born and a plethora of unseen conditions) as well as our own biology (created subject to vanity [that is, moral futility] by reason of our WEAK HEARTS which was His design through wisdom) to bring us to places in our lives where we will either sin or be righteous. The only reason any of us do not commit evil acts or atrocities such as the beheadings of relatively innocent people is because God has kept us from doing such things. In our flesh dwells no good thing (Rom 7:18).

Rom. 8:20-22 "For the creature [and/or creation itself] was MADE subject to VANITY NOT WILLINGLY, but by reason of Him [that’s God] Who HATH SUBJECTED the same in hope. Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the BONDAGE OF CORRUPTION into the glorious liberty of the children of God. For we know that the WHOLE CREATION groans and travails IN PAIN until NOW"

VANITY: empty, profitless, vain, transientness [temporary], depravity [wickedness].

One of the definitions of vanity is "wickedness." Subject to wickedness.

Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately weak: who can know it?

Mat. 15:19 "For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies."

Ecc 3:11 He has made everything fitting in its season; However, He has put obscurity in their heart so that the man may not find out His work, That which the One, Elohim, does from the beginning to the terminus.

As Isaiah stated:

Isaiah 45:6-7 "That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside Me, I am the LORD, and there is none else. I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, AND CREATE EVIL: I the LORD do ALL THESE THINGS."

Isaiah 54:16 "Behold, I have created the smith that blows the coals in the fire, and that brings forth an instrument for His work, and I have CREATED THE WASTER [Satan] TO DESTROY"

Now God tempts no man directly (James 1:13), you are absolutely correct if that is your thought, but God doesn't have to tempt us directly because we are created so spiritually weak that we all volunteer to sin as soon as we get the opportunity to. However, if it weren't for Him, we would not be in this position in the first place. So yes, He is responsible even of the men who behead heads off others. He is also the one that purposed this.

You have to remember that God has a will ("LET MY PEOPLE GO") and a plan for accomplishing His will ("So the Lord HARDENED Pharoe's heart so that he would not let His people go"). These two things, His will and His plan/purpose can often seem to contradict but therein lies part of that trust in God that He knows the absolute best way for accomplishing His will. As paul says' "WHO ARE YOU OH MAN THAT RESPONDS TO GOD?"

Romans 9:13-23
13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.
18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.
19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will [ PURPOSE / PLAN/ INTENTION ]? ANSWER: NO ONE!
20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

We are first MARRED in the hand's of the potter before he makes us new. Will you deny God's complete and total sovereignty over us as a potter has over clay?

Jeremiah 18:3-6
3 Then I went down to the potter's house, and, behold, he wrought a work on the wheels.
4 And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter: so he made it again another vessel, as seemed good to the potter to make it.
5 Then the word of the Lord came to me, saying,
6 O house of Israel, cannot I do with you as this potter? saith the Lord. Behold, as the clay is in the potter's hand, so are ye in mine hand, O house of Israel.

So it is a matter of the heart, which again was by law of God's will, to bring about that will (salvation of all mankind, children in His image, sons and daughters).

Deuteronomy 5:29 O that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever!

So who is it that gives this new heart? Who gives the heart that would "fear me, and keep all my commandments always...?" God of course.

Ezekiel 36:26-27
26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

God knows full well the ramifications of putting spiritually weak man in position's and circumstances where without His divine influence he will succomb to his own weaknesses. He does this everyday though.

Jeremiah 24:7
I will give them a heart to know me, that I am the LORD. They will be my people, and I will be their God, for they will return to me with all their heart.

So we obey God because He has done these things for us and to those who behead others he has not shown mercy upon them but rather hardened their hearts because it is apart of his plan. They are fitted for destruction but He is the potter and He has this right. We are but clay.

Phil. 2:13 "For it is GOD which works in you both to WILL and to DO of His good pleasure."

James. 1:17 "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning."

Prov. 20:24 "Man’s goings [steps] are OF THE LORD; how can a man then understand his own way?"

Without God, had we been born in the same family as those men and in the same place, experienced what they experienced, we would be doing exactly what they are doing. It is all of God who shows mercy.

Therefor I believe it IS God's plan (and not His will) that those terrorists (and rapists) behead (rape) and do such horrific things however He is not the one making them do it and He certainly takes absolutely no pleasure in the suffering it causes. It is also not His desire as in His good pleasure that people rape/behead but we have to remember that His will and plan for accomplishing that will (His good pleasure) can almost seem (but are not) like a contradiction on the surface. He planned this all. God makes evil and He can keep us, or not keep us, from it.

Ecc 1:13 "It is an experience of evil Elohim [God] has given to the sons of humanity to humble them by it"

To quote from ray on all this going on in the middle east since I'm assuming that's where your thoughts on the beheadings are coming from (ISIS):

http://bible-truths.com/lake15-C.html

“I [God] will consume them by the sword…”  (Jer. 14:12).

“I [God] will scatter them also among the heathen, whom neither they nor their father have known: and I will send a sword after them, till I have consumed them”  (Jer. 9:16).

WAR :

“The Lord is a man of war: the Lord is His name”  (Ex. 15:3).

“And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse, and He that sat upon Him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he does judge and make war”  (Rev. 19:11).

DESTRUCTION :

“Howl! Ye; for the day of the Lord is at hand; it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty”  (Isa. 13:6).

“Alas for the day! For the day of the Lord is at hand, and as a destruction from the Almighty shall it come” (Joel 1:15).

SLAUGHTER :

“And the Lord discomfited them before Israel; and slew them with a great slaughter…” (Joshua 10:10).

“For the indignation of the Lord is upon all nations, and His fury upon all their armies: He has utterly destroyed them, he has delivered them to the slaughter”  ( Isa. 34:2).

EVIL :

“Out of the mouth of the most High proceeds not evil and good?”  (Lam. 3:38).

“I will raise up evil against you out of your own house…”  (II Sam. 12:11).

“…I will bring evil from the north, and a great destruction”  (Jer. 4:6).

“…Hear, O earth; behold, I will bring evil upon this people…” (Jer. 6:19).

“…Thus says the Lord; Behold, I frame evil against you…”  (Jer. 18:11).

…so shall the Lord bring upon you all evil things, until He have destroyed you from off this good land…”  (Josh. 23:15)

“What? Shall we receive good at the hand of God and shall we not receive evil?”  (Job 2:10).

“…shall thee be evil in a city, and the Lord has not done it?”  (Amos 3:6).

I don't like the term "clean hands" as its not scriptural and very ambiguous in my opinion.

I like to think of this verse when I think of evil happening and how God uses it:

Genesis 50:20 But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive.

Evil is necessary part of God's plan for SAVING humanity.

Feel free to agree or disagree.

God bless,
Alex

Hi Alex,

Your closing remark ( feel free to agree or disagree ) well, I cannot disagree with scripture. Everything you said is true and I will not dispute all that you had said.

I understand how God has made us and why we do the dumb things we do from time to time and on an every day basis too.

I believe this is a good subject to talk about an maybe very helpful to anther who maybe new to the forum.

As I read Ray’s papers and get into Ray’s e-mails I must say Ray as far as I’m concern was a very highly educated man who was greatly blessed with a great deal of wisdom and to be honest with you Alex and I cannot prove this but I venture to say when one reads Ray’s papers they are reading the papers that were written by one of God’s elect .

The things Ray talks about are very deep and I do not want to take for granted that which is surface knowledge because his teachings go so much deeper.

I don’t want to reiterate everything again but if you have time to read my reply to Ricky’s response you’ll get a better understanding of how I’m understanding these things Ray spoke about concerning our choices that we make, ( we ) not God.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 03:03:58 PM by Rick »

John from Kentucky

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2015, 09:11:18 PM »

I do not blame God for anything.

I do hold God responsible for everything, both Good and Evil.

After all, the Scriptures say God created Evil, which makes sense since the Scriptures say God created everything that is.

The first two chapters of Job teaches us much about this.

Job had seven sons and three daughters.  They died when a great wind destroyed the house they were in.  The wind came from Satan who is the god of this world and the prince of the power of the air.

But Job did not blame the wind or Satan for the death of his children.

Job knew God was responsible.

Naked I came from my mother's womb,
And naked shall I return there.
The LORD gave, and the LORD has taken away;
Blessed be the name of the LORD.
  Job 1:21

Was Job right in what he said?  In all this Job did not sin or charge God with wrong. Job 1:22

Later Satan took Job's health since God has given Satan such power.

Again, Job did not blame Satan.

...What? shall we receive good at the hand of God, and shall we not receive evil?  In all this Job did not sin with his lips.  Job 2:10

Everything we have or will have or hope to have, comes from God.  He gives, He takes.  From Him comes good and evil.  He is the Almighty, Sovereign God.  He does what He pleases.  Shall the thing created say to the Creator, what are you doing?  Much less blame Him, or accuse Him of wrong?

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2015, 09:50:33 PM »

I do not blame God for anything.

I do hold God responsible for everything, both Good and Evil.

After all, the Scriptures say God created Evil, which makes sense since the Scriptures say God created everything that is.

The first two chapters of Job teaches us much about this.

Job had seven sons and three daughters.  They died when a great wind destroyed the house they were in.  The wind came from Satan who is the god of this world and the prince of the power of the air.

But Job did not blame the wind or Satan for the death of his children.

Job knew God was responsible.

Naked I came from my mother's womb,
And naked shall I return there.
The LORD gave, and the LORD has taken away;
Blessed be the name of the LORD.
  Job 1:21

Was Job right in what he said?  In all this Job did not sin or charge God with wrong. Job 1:22

Later Satan took Job's health since God has given Satan such power.

Again, Job did not blame Satan.

...What? shall we receive good at the hand of God, and shall we not receive evil?  In all this Job did not sin with his lips.  Job 2:10

Everything we have or will have or hope to have, comes from God.  He gives, He takes.  From Him comes good and evil.  He is the Almighty, Sovereign God.  He does what He pleases.  Shall the thing created say to the Creator, what are you doing?  Much less blame Him, or accuse Him of wrong?

Hi John,

Interestingly, Ray made this statement about Satan and the title "god of this world."

---------------------------------------------------------------- http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4472.0.html

Somebody ask me if "the god of this world" could possibly be referring to God rather than Satan. I considered it a long time ago, because Satan deceives and God blinds. God blinded them, Satan deceived. 

2Cor. 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, that the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine upon them.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Now I know why you made the statement you made about satan because he did show Christ all the kingdoms of the world and offered them up as a gift to Christ and he could only do this if he had some tremendous power and authority over this world.

Do you know if there is any verse (other than Corinthians which appears ambiguous and to which ray stated leaned more towards it being a reference to God) that references satan as "god" and of "this world?"

God bless,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

John from Kentucky

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2015, 11:09:38 PM »

Hi Alex,

I don't consider 2Cor 4:4 ambiguous.  It clearly states Satan is the god (small g) of this world.  Of course the One God is the big G (God) over everything.

As the Scriptures say, Satan tempted Jesus with giving Him all the power and glory of the world.  If Satan were not the god of this world, then the temptation wouldn't have meant much.  How could Satan have offered Jesus the world if he could not have delivered?

There is also the Scripture that says we wrestle not with flesh and blood but with evil spirits in high places.  These evil spirits (Satan being the principal mean little spud) do have power over many things.  They will be removed from their positions when Jesus returns, but until then, they go about their evil ways.  Just consider the perverse things they are causing to occur in the Middle East at the present time.  Satan is the prince of the power of the air and is the evil influence behind the workings of evil men.

But he (Satan) knows his time is almost up, and that knowledge makes him very angry because he knows the power of the true God.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2015, 11:36:14 PM »

Hi Alex,

I don't consider 2Cor 4:4 ambiguous.  It clearly states Satan is the god (small g) of this world.  Of course the One God is the big G (God) over everything.

As the Scriptures say, Satan tempted Jesus with giving Him all the power and glory of the world.  If Satan were not the god of this world, then the temptation wouldn't have meant much.  How could Satan have offered Jesus the world if he could not have delivered?

There is also the Scripture that says we wrestle not with flesh and blood but with evil spirits in high places.  These evil spirits (Satan being the principal mean little spud) do have power over many things.  They will be removed from their positions when Jesus returns, but until then, they go about their evil ways.  Just consider the perverse things they are causing to occur in the Middle East at the present time.  Satan is the prince of the power of the air and is the evil influence behind the workings of evil men.

But he (Satan) knows his time is almost up, and that knowledge makes him very angry because he knows the power of the true God.

All that is fine and I agree with most of it (though I can't see how having power in certain aspects of the creation suddenly makes him the "god of this world" ) but  my issue is that of the small "g." Isn't that something purely done by the translators and not something present in the original greek? I looked up the word through the interlinear and it uses the same word for "god" and "God." There really is no distinction between the two words. I think the translators were blinded by their preconceived notions of God which influenced them to translate this verse improperly. It wouldn't be the first time poor understanding has influenced translation.

Furthermore, this would then make it satan who blinds but as ray pointed out, and I agree, God is the one who blinds. Satan deceives people. He is the subtle serpent. He deceived eve in the garden. I don't know of a scripture that says satan can't blind but I also don't know one that says he does. I just don't think 2 Cor 4:4 is saying that.

God bless,
Alex

« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 01:50:07 AM by lilitalienboi16 »

John from Kentucky

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2015, 03:31:13 PM »

Jesus said,...My kingdom is not of this world...  John 18:36

Now if 2Cor 4:4 refers to Jesus as the god of this world, then that would contradict Jesus' statement.

Since the Scriptures do not contradict, then 2Cor 4:4 refers to Satan.

The present evil world, age, is not of God, but of Satan.

The next age, after Jesus' return, will be when Jesus establishes His kingdom on the earth.

John from Kentucky

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2015, 11:47:57 PM »

god of this world? Ya the whole church of babylon sits in the synagogue of satan and worships him. I don't think he has any power unless it is given to him at the time appointed by God. Job:1-7 & 2-2 says that satan says that he is going to and fro, up and down in the earth when God ask whence he comes.

And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? and still he holdeth fast his integrity, although thou movedst me against him, to destroy him without cause.
Job 2:4  And Satan answered the LORD, and said, Skin for skin, yea, all that a man hath will he give for his life.
Job 2:5  But put forth thine hand now, and touch his bone and his flesh, and he will curse thee to thy face.( Please take note of this verse )
Job 2:6  And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, he is in thine hand; but save his life.
Job 2:7  So went Satan forth from the presence of the LORD, and smote Job with sore boils from the sole of his foot unto his crown.

I just don't go with with the thought that satan has any power otherwise given to him by God. In satans  attempt at tempting Jesus, (Luk 4:5  And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.
Luk 4:6  And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.( is not this just a lie of satan seeing he is the father of lies?) Luk 4:7  If thou therefore wilt worship me, ( the god of this world ) all shall be thine.

And Jesus knowing this said, Luk 4:8  And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

Mat 4:11  Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.

The only power satan has is the power God gives him at the appointed time.

Joh 19:11  Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin

Rom 13:1  Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.( including satan )

Jesus said,...My kingdom is not of this world...  John 18:36

Now if 2Cor 4:4 refers to Jesus as the god of this world, then that would contradict Jesus' statement.

Since the Scriptures do not contradict, then 2Cor 4:4 refers to Satan.
The present evil world, age, is not of God, but of Satan.
The next age, after Jesus' return, will be when Jesus establishes His kingdom on the earth.

John I dont agree with your statement that, the present evil world, age, is not of God,but of satan!

It is not all of God?

1Co 10:26  For the earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof

Deu 10:14  Behold, the heaven and the heaven of heavens is the LORD'S thy God, the earth also, with all that therein is.

Job 41:11  Who hath prevented me, that I should repay him? whatsoever is under the whole heaven is mine.

Psa 24:1  A Psalm of David. The earth is the LORD'S, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.

sa 50:12  If I were hungry, I would not tell thee: for the world is mine, and the fulness thereof.

One thing  I get from all LRays teachings is that God is in total control of His creation and the devil or satan is a tool of Gods and he isn't running around doing his own will and he hasn't power over anybody, satan having power sounds like a lie he would make up!    :)

Hold your water.

You're getting yourself all worked up in a lather for nothing.

If you read my reply #6 above, you will learn I'm familiar with the Book of Job and understand God is responsible for all.

The words, My kingdom is not of this world were said by Jesus not me.  They were written down by the Apostle John about 1900 years ago; not written by me.

Jesus has given this present evil age over to Satan.  It is obvious that what is occurring at this time is not from our Great God and Savior, but from the evil little toady He created, Satan the Destroyer.  Just as in the Book of Job, He has let Satan run loose.

In the Middle East right now, the killings, burning prisoners alive, cutting off heads with knives, the wholesale raping of women captives.....   It should be obvious those actions are not God's ways.  Those actions are the actions of evil men heavily influenced by the twisted Serpent.

A more profound question is, Why has God let Satan run loose and commit these horrible evil deeds?  The answer to that question requires great spiritual insight from the Spirit of God.

cheekie3

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2015, 01:17:38 PM »

Rick -

1. I know that no one can go against God's intentions.
2. I know that He prepares every detail of our life experiences.
3. I know God is Good and does not make any mistakes.
4. I know we are to pray according to His Will.
5. I know that the Good we do is because He enables us to do Good.
6. I know that we must all experience the knowledge of Good and the knowledge of Evil.
7. I know we are being made into His Image over a long period of time in our Life experiences.
8. I know that we cannot change ourselves or our situation, unless He enables us to do so.

But I still struggle with all of us being Accountable to Him for all we desire, think, say and do - whether it be Good or Evil - especially when we do wrong - as we are powerless to do otherwise - in spite of our and other believers' sustained and constant prayers.

cheekie3.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2015, 07:10:34 PM »

Rick -

1. I know that no one can go against God's intentions.
2. I know that He prepares every detail of our life experiences.
3. I know God is Good and does not make any mistakes.
4. I know we are to pray according to His Will.
5. I know that the Good we do is because He enables us to do Good.
6. I know that we must all experience the knowledge of Good and the knowledge of Evil.
7. I know we are being made into His Image over a long period of time in our Life experiences.
8. I know that we cannot change ourselves or our situation, unless He enables us to do so.

But I still struggle with all of us being Accountable to Him for all we desire, think, say and do - whether it be Good or Evil - especially when we do wrong - as we are powerless to do otherwise - in spite of our and other believers' sustained and constant prayers.

cheekie3.

Imagine any of those 8 WITHOUT our "accountability".  They're meaningless.  Even if we were totally passive (we're not), these things happen to US.  How is it possible to "give account" of something that did not require our participation, but ultimately had no effect on us?

"Being accountable" in scriptural terms is "to give account".  In the end, the whole of creation will declare willingly and with gusto that Jesus Christ is Lord.  If He's not in the 'account', then we've missed the reason for giving it.  Peter didn't write the account of his 'denial', but I wonder if he had, how he would give 'account'?     
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 22 queries.