bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: More exciting discoveries right out of God’s word .  (Read 17368 times)

rick

More exciting discoveries right out of God’s word .
« on: March 22, 2015, 09:44:45 PM »

Wow is all I can say, Christendom taught me that not only is Satan the god of this world but the serpent also owns the earth as well and while reading the precious words of God I found the real truth in the book of ( Exo ) the earth belongs to God.

How about that, guess God’s giving me a spiritual overhaul, His truth is marching on.   :)  :)  :)

Exodus 19:5

(ABP+)  AndG2532 now,G3568 ifG1437 in hearing,G189 you should hearG191 G3588 myG1699 voice,G5456 andG2532 guardG5442 G3588 my covenant,G1242 G1473 you will beG1510.8.5 to meG1473 [2peopleG2992 1a prized]G4041 fromG575 allG3956 theG3588 nations.G1484 [6mineG1699 1ForG1063 5isG1510.2.3 2allG3956 3theG3588 4earth].G1093

(ASV)  Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be mine own possession from among all peoples: for all the earth is mine:

(BBE)  If now you will truly give ear to my voice and keep my agreement, you will be my special property out of all the peoples: for all the earth is mine:

(Brenton)  And now if ye will indeed hear my voice, and keep my covenant, ye shall be to me a peculiar people above all nations; for the whole earth is mine.

(CEV)  Now if you will faithfully obey me, you will be my very own people. The whole world is mine,

(Darby)  And now, if ye will hearken to my voice indeed and keep my covenant, then shall ye be my own possession out of all the peoples--for all the earth is mine    ;)

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: More exciting discoveries right out of God’s word .
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 09:53:01 PM »

Its interesting you make this post as it comes on the heal of what John said in your other thread. I will share what I did there over here.

Ray made this comment which is where most people get the idea that satan is the god of this world from:

---------------------------------------------------------------- http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4472.0.html

Somebody ask me if "the god of this world" could possibly be referring to God rather than Satan. I considered it a long time ago, because Satan deceives and God blinds. God blinded them, Satan deceived. 

2Cor. 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, that the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine upon them.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I'm inclined to believe that 2 Cor. 4:4 is a reference to God and not satan as ray stated above but I want to see if there is any more scripture that could shed light on this passage? What I mean is, is there another verse that makes the claim of 2 Cor. 4:4 but removes all doubt that "god of this world" is definitely satan? Because I just can't see that, I never believed it honestly and when I first read that in the lake of fire series I pushed past it but I was never completely satisfied or convinced with the idea. At least, I think it was the lake of fire series where ray first uses that idea.

God bless,
Alex
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 09:55:49 PM by lilitalienboi16 »
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 10:01:51 PM »

Let's add some more context to this. The Audio I quoted from was from 2007. This conference took place AFTER ray had completed the lake of fire series. Here is ray (perhaps years before that conference) in his writtings claiming that "god of this world" is a reference to SATAN. Like I said, this never sat well with me even with the case ray makes in that lake of fire paper. Yes, satan has power over the nations as ray says, its how he offered Christ the nations, but I don't agree right now that this makes him the "god of this world." Hence why I want more scripture on this, if there exists another one. Two witnesses!

----------------------------------------------------------------- http://bible-truths.com/lake9.html
Notice that it was the spirit of God that led Jesus to be tempted of the devil. Can we not see that Satan serves a needful purpose in God’s plan? It was absolutely needful that Satan tempt Jesus. If it weren’t needful, God wouldn’t have done it! And so Satan tried to bribe Christ into worshiping him:

"Again, the DEVIL takes Him up into an exceeding high mountain, and shows Him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; and says to Him, All these things will I give You, if You will fall down and worship me" "Matt. 4:8-9).

Let’s notice a few things overlooked by most Sunday school teachers (and most of the world’s greatest theologians as well). Ready? Are you sure? Okay, here goes: ALL THE NATIONS OF THE ENTIRE WORLD BELONG TO SATAN THE DEVIL!!! Heaven and Earth are God’s possessions, however, God has delegated the nations to Satan. Satan could not offer all these kingdoms of the world to Jesus if he did not possess them to offer them in the first place. They are Satan’s ignorant kingdoms:

"In whom the god [SATAN] of this world has blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, Who is the Image of God, should shine unto them" (II Cor. 4:4).

Oh, that the Church would believe the Scriptures. Why are there billions who "believe not" in the world? Is it because they CHOOSE to believe not? That’s what well-intentioned Christians tell me all the time. "Ray! these people CHOOSE to go to hell." How, pray tell, can they "choose" to go to hell, when they "believe NOT" in the first place. They don’t "make a choice," the choice is made for them, because they "believe not." And JUST WHY do they "believe not?"

Will you insist on the Church’s answer or will you humbly accept God’s answer? "In whom the God of this world has BLINDED the minds of them that believe NOT…" That’s why they can’t "see" to make the right choice—THEY ARE BLIND!

Now then, what would happen if God were to REMOVE that Satanic blindness? Would they STILL choose to reject Jesus Christ and His gospel? We don’t need to speculate, let’s read it:

"In whom the god of this world has blinded the minds of them which believe not, LEST the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, SHOULD SHINE UNTO THEM" (II Cor. 4:4).

When the deception is taken away, people will understand. When the blindness is taking away, people will see the truth.

Next, notice what Jesus Himself says would happen if this Satanic blindness were removed:

"For this people’s heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed [Why? Why are their eyes ‘closed?’ Because, "the god of this world has BLINDED… them…" That’s why] lest at ANY TIME they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should BE CONVERTED, and I should HEAL them" (Matt. 13:15).

This is not rocket science. When Satan blinds the minds of people, they "believe NOT." And they cannot repent, be converted, or saved until the blindness is lifted and they are given a knowledge of the Truth. But is it God’s will that such a thing will ever happen?

"For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savour; Who WILL have all men to be saved [and just how might that come about?], and to come unto the KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH" (I Tim. 2:4).

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe ray's later perspective on this makes more sense and doesn't change any bit the truths of what he said above aside from the fact that satan doesn't get the title "god of this world." There is only one God.

God bless,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

zvezda

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 11:37:05 PM »

another translation for 2 Cor. 4:4 -
The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

The word is aiṓn, not kosmon. God is the God of all ages, not just this age. I inclined to think satan is the god of this age.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 11:52:17 PM by zvezda »

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 12:09:02 AM »

another translation for 2 Cor. 4:4 -
The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

The word is aiṓn, not kosmon. God is the God of all ages, not just this age. I inclined to think satan is the god of this age.

Hi Zevda,

That's certainly a possibility. What I see in that too though is that by God being the God of ALL ages, He by definition then is the God of THIS age too. Now perhaps satan is the god of this age as well as God but that seems strange to me. I mean, it could be... I always thought though as ray put it that God blinds but Satan deceives. Not that Satan blinds which is what this verse would be saying if taken that way. It could be though.. satan perhaps could blind too. I guess there is no verse that says he DOESN'T blind is there?

I looked at the greek for this verse as well and the only difference between the two words used as "god" and "God" in this verse is the that god is translated from theos while God is translated from theou. Very similar and I don't know what the difference in the two last greek letters means. Either way, the beginning of both words is identical so i'm it must be that final letter that caused the translators to make one a lower case "g" and the other a upper case "G."

God bless,
Alex

zvezda

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 12:47:20 AM »

Hi Alex, the New Living Translation also adds satan to the beginning of the verse -
Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don't believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don't understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.

I think "theou" could refer to true God or false god. look at John 10:35 and Acts 7:40
John 10:35 Ye are gods? If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
Acts 7:40 Saying unto Aaron, Make us gods to go before us: for as for this Moses, which brought us out of the land of Egypt, we wot not what is become of him.

Maybe 2 Cor. 4:4 is referring to a false god in general?

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2015, 01:24:22 AM »

Where are you guys getting "theou"?  In II Cor. 4:4?  I can't find a Greek word "theou" at all.  Both times it is used in this verse, it is "theos."

Ray is correct in what Alex quoted. 

Just to add:  Don't give satan 'free moral agency' either.  He is a tool in the Hand that formed him.  He's not going around doing his own thing with God responding/reacting to it.  All is of God.  In this way, it matters little who the "god" of this world/age/nations is.  Father has it all under control.

http://bible-truths.com/lake9.html
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2015, 01:34:21 AM »

Where are you guys getting "theou"?  In II Cor. 4:4?  I can't find a Greek word "theou" at all.  Both times it is used in this verse, it is "theos."

Ray is correct in what Alex quoted. 

Just to add:  Don't give satan 'free moral agency' either.  He is a tool in the Hand that formed him.  He's not going around doing his own thing with God responding/reacting to it.  All is of God.  In this way, it matters little who the "god" of this world/age/nations is.  Father has it all under control.

http://bible-truths.com/lake9.html

Hey Dave,

I looked at the greek interlinear to see the difference. The KJV with strong's won't give you the subtle difference. You could also google a search for the greek version of it and you'll see it there. Either way, they are extremely similar but its that last letter.

I also agree with your last statement Dave. It matters little as Jesus is certainly the God of this age and more! He is definitely very in control and certainly not satan.

God bless,
Alex

Edit: Here is a page where you can go to verse 4 and find it in how its rendered in several different greek manuscripts:

http://www.greeknewtestament.com/B47C004.htm

« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 01:46:08 AM by lilitalienboi16 »

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2015, 01:44:38 AM »

I just checked these two greek words again and they might as well be hte same greek word. There appears to be very little distinction between why one is used against another.

For example:

Matt 3:9  And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God [Gk: theos ] is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

Here in this verse, theos, referes to God (that is, the Father and Son ) and yet its the same greek word used in 2 Cor 4:4 that the translators made "god" lower case and thus appearing to mean "satan."

I don't understand why they did this and it doesn't make sense in my opinion, not if it can mean God the Father or Jesus in one verse and then randomly "god" when they think that it fits. I think they were blinded by their theology because they didn't think God could blind since tranditional christian theology that is responsible for much heresy through translations believes that God didn't create evil or does anything evil.

Here is another example, Matt 6:30 "Wherefore, if God [ GK: 'theos' ]so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?"

Surely this is not speaking of Satan clothing us is it?! I mean there are so many example of this. I got 561 hits for this world alone. I'm not going to check all of them heh...

God bless,
Alex

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2015, 01:57:02 AM »

I get the same thing, Alex.  Both are translated (and should be) "god".  I don't remember my greek grammar well enough to comment...I can still make out the letters, though.   ;)  I suspect it has to do with how it is used in the sentence as a "part of speech".  'OF God' may well be 'spelled' differently than 'God OF'. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Joel

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2015, 02:21:53 AM »

The way I see it Satan is the leader (god) of the blind, those that are deceived, and in darkness. The nations as a whole, and all false religions. Matthew 15:14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.
He had no power over JESUS, because Jesus is the LIGHT of the world, the Word made flesh, the WAY, the TRUTH, and the LIFE, The SON of GOD.

Joel

Kat

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2015, 10:21:05 PM »

Hi Alex, here are some verses that you can consider.

2Cor 4:4  whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them.

Eph 6:12  For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers (G2888 of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

Strong's
G2888 kosmokratōr - a world ruler, an epithet of Satan: - ruler.

John 12:31  Now is the judgment of this world. Now shall the prince (G758) of this world be cast out.

John 14:30  I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler (G758) of this world is coming, and he has nothing in Me.

John 16:11  of judgment, because the ruler (G758) of this world is judged.

Eph 2:2  in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince (G758) of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience,

Strong's
G758 archōn - a first (in rank or power): - chief (ruler), magistrate, prince, ruler.

1John 5:19  We know that we are of God, and the whole world lies under the sway of the wicked one. (NKJV)

1John 5:19 We are aware that we are of God, and the whole world is lying in the wicked one." (CLV)

1John 5:19  We know that we are from God and that the whole world lies under the control of the evil one. (ISV)

1John 5:19  We know that, of God, are we; and, the whole world, in the wicked one, is lying. (Rotherham)

1John 5:19  we have known that of God we are, and the whole world in the evil doth lie; (Young's)

mercy, peace and love
Kat

rick

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2015, 01:20:36 AM »

Hi Alex.

It’s interesting that Satan offers Christ all the kingdoms of the word but scripture clearly states that God owns the world, could it be that Satan has also been deceived even by God ?

Its obvious Satan believes he owns the world by his statement I will give you all the kingdoms of the world but God says the world belongs to him, could it be that God owns the world but Satan owns the kingdoms of the world ?

But then I must ask, who raises up kings to rule these kingdoms ? God right. So, Satan is being deceived by God thinking he owns the kingdoms of the world.

Anyways you make some good points too but just because Satan says something, in reality it means not much because Satan is a liar so I put no trust in what he says or says he owns.   

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2015, 02:10:34 AM »

Hi Alex, here are some verses that you can consider.

2Cor 4:4  whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them.

Eph 6:12  For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers (G2888 of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

Strong's
G2888 kosmokratōr - a world ruler, an epithet of Satan: - ruler.

John 12:31  Now is the judgment of this world. Now shall the prince (G758) of this world be cast out.

John 14:30  I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler (G758) of this world is coming, and he has nothing in Me.

John 16:11  of judgment, because the ruler (G758) of this world is judged.

Eph 2:2  in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince (G758) of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience,

Strong's
G758 archōn - a first (in rank or power): - chief (ruler), magistrate, prince, ruler.

1John 5:19  We know that we are of God, and the whole world lies under the sway of the wicked one. (NKJV)

1John 5:19 We are aware that we are of God, and the whole world is lying in the wicked one." (CLV)

1John 5:19  We know that we are from God and that the whole world lies under the control of the evil one. (ISV)

1John 5:19  We know that, of God, are we; and, the whole world, in the wicked one, is lying. (Rotherham)

1John 5:19  we have known that of God we are, and the whole world in the evil doth lie; (Young's)

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Great verses Kat. Definitely liked 1 John 5:19

God bless,
Alex

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2015, 02:21:15 AM »

2 Cor 4:4, The god of this world... Just can't stop thinking about the god of this world before his conversion! Any how just some thoughts!

Gen 3:5  For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

Eze 28:2  Son of man, say unto the prince of Tyrus, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thine heart is lifted up, and thou hast said, I am a God, I sit in the seat of God, in the midst of the seas; yet thou art a man, and not God, though thou set thine heart as the heart of God:

Eze 28:6  Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thou hast set thine heart as the heart of God

Isa 14:13  For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
Isa 14:14  I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

2Th 2:3  Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
2Th 2:4  Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
2Th 2:5  Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

Joh 10:34  Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

Joh 10:35  If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

Psa 82:6  I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

Psa 82:1  A Psalm of Asaph. God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.

Any thoughts here?

Great additions Micheal.

I see now that Satan can certainly be the god of this world but that he is only doing according to what God has planned (Eph 1:11, Ecc 3:17, Dan 4:25). The evil he commits can only be within the boundaries that God has framed (Jeremiah 18:11). So nothing is out of God's control but satan is doing what he was created by God to do (Isaiah 54:16, Job 26:13).

God bless,
Alex

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2015, 02:30:33 PM »

Hi Alex,  I edited my last comment in the very top line. I didn't make it clear on my thoughts.
In this Scripture it does not say,  that satan is the god of this world!

2Co 4:4  In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

In LRays lake of fire teachings he shows us that we all have done this, ( Th 2:4  Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.) and the scriptures I showed give witness to this. I don't know in scripture where it says satan is a god?

Eph 6:12  For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places

Where do I do the things in the above scripture? I do them in the high and lofty places of my mind/heart against the god of this world.

I might get some heat for this one, but this is how I see it  :) God Bless

Well, becareful Micheal, satan is NOT the carnal mind. Where you do those things is in your mind. We are born with carnal minds. The carnal mind did not tempt eve in the garden. The carnal mind did not present itself before God and then tell God to test His servant Job.

As to the subject, I am willing to accept the ambiguity of 2 Cor 4:4 without another witness to clear it up. That is, another witness which declares satan as the "god of this world." That being said, I clearly see that he is a ruler of sorts and has been give tremendous power within limits to do what he was created to do (destroy). There are also rulerS of darkness in this domain that have power and which we wrestle against. Nevertheless, they are at the beck and call of God and are powerless without Him. As Jesus told pontious pilot:

John 19:11 Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.

Either way, we know that the Lord's army is encamped around us and no harm can come to us unless it is by God's plan that we are to endure such things. To His glory and our benefit.

Kings 6:15-18 And when the servant of the man of God was risen early, and gone forth, behold, an host compassed the city both with horses and chariots. And his servant said unto him, Alas, my master! how shall we do? And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them. And Elisha prayed, and said, Lord, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the Lord opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.

1 Peter 1:7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

God is the God of the eons, all of them, and that includes this one. So if satan is given the title of "god of THIS world" for now than either way it changes nothing. If 2 Cor 4:4 isn't about him then it really changes nothing too in my opinion. Some verses are hard to understand and I will wait and pray on it. In God's time I believe He will give me certainty on the issue. I won't lose sleep over it though ;)

God bless,
Alex

Kat

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2015, 07:44:52 PM »

As to the subject, I am willing to accept the ambiguity of 2 Cor 4:4 without another witness to clear it up. That is, another witness which declares satan as the "god of this world." That being said, I clearly see that he is a ruler of sorts and has been give tremendous power within limits to do what he was created to do (destroy). There are also rulerS of darkness in this domain that have power and which we wrestle against. Nevertheless, they are at the beck and call of God and are powerless without Him.
v

God is the God of the eons, all of them, and that includes this one.

Hi Alex, this point may very well have merit. I have been searching and found these Scripture, that clearly identify the "only God."

1Tim 1:17  and to the King of the ages, the incorruptible, invisible, only wise God, is honour and glory--to the ages of the ages! Amen.

Rom 16:27  to the only wise God, through Jesus Christ, to him be glory to the ages. Amen.

It seems that 2 Cor 4:4 may be one of those Scripture that the great deceiver has used to get the world/church to call him god, and accomplished it quite well.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2015, 01:03:31 AM »

Clearly identify Him as the only WISE God.  All the words.

santgem

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2015, 08:40:51 AM »

God is the creator of the world and not the "god of the world" in this age.

Satan is the god of this world for his works influence the world’s religion, philosophies, banking, education, commerce, kingdom, etc. Under his control comes deception, lies and death.

You used to live in sin, just like the rest of the world, obeying the devil—the commander of the powers in the unseen world. He is the spirit at work in the hearts of those who refuse to obey God. Eph 2:2
Footnote:
* 2:2 Greek obeying the commander of the power of the air.

The time for judging this world has come, when Satan, the ruler of this world, will be cast out. Jhn 12:31

God causes Satan to operate in this world within the boundaries has set for him.

For he has rescued us from the kingdom of darkness and transferred us into the Kingdom of his dear Son, Col 1:13

And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the LORD Job 1:12

God tells us not to love the world;

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him 1Jo 2:15

For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. 1Jo 2:16

And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever 1Jo 2:17

Even Jesus not praying to the world which is the unbelievers but the believers.

I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine. Jhn 17:9

But we know Jesus kingdom is not of this world.

Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence. Jhn 18:36

Jesus continued, “You are from below; I am from above. You belong to this world; I do not. Jhn 8:23

I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. Jhn 17:14

God prepares believers a kingdom not of this age, but even prepared it before the foundation of the world.

“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. Mat 25:34

And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return Luk 19:12-13

I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed. Dan 7:13-14

CONCLUSION:

The Scriptures says that Satan is the "god of this world,"  is not implying  that he has final or the total  authority but it is explaining us the idea that   Satan rules over the unbelieving world in this age and in this present world. The  unbeliever follows Satan's task that God has causes  him "The god of this world has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ." Prince of this world’s  plot includes promoting false religion and lies  in the world and  blind the unbeliever to the truth of the Gospel. Satan’s works are his foods in which people are imprisoned, and they must be set free by our savior Jesus Christ.

Kat

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2015, 11:24:58 AM »

2Co 4:4  whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them.

Clearly this verse is open for interpretation... as Alex pointed out that it being not capitalized was determined by the translators. There is a Scripture that says who it is that "blinds."

John 12:40  "He has blinded their eyes and hardened their heart, so that they should not see with their eyes nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them."
v. 41  These things Isaiah said when he saw His glory and spoke of Him.

Maybe other translations of the verses I gave is needed to consider what is being said.

Rom 16:27 to the only, and wise God, through Christ Jesus, be glory for the eons of the eons. Amen!" (CLV)

Rom 16:27  Unto a God, wise alone, through Jesus Christ, unto whom be the glory, unto the ages. Amen. (Rotherham)

Rom 16:27  to God only wise be glory through Jesus Christ forever. Amen. (MKJV)

1Tim 1:17 Now to the King of the eons, the incorruptible, invisible, only, and wise God, be honor and glory for the eons of the eons! Amen!" (CLV)

1Tim 1:17  Now, unto the King of the ages,—incorruptible, invisible, alone God, be honour and glory, unto the ages of ages, Amen! (Rotherham)

1Ti 1:17  Now to the King Eternal—the immortal, invisible, and only God—be honor and glory forever and ever! Amen. (ISV)

1Tim 1:17  Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen. (ASV)

So make of this what you will.

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 12:42:07 PM by Kat »
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 19 queries.