bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Song of Solomon  (Read 3720 times)

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Song of Solomon
« on: March 28, 2015, 01:26:06 AM »

I was reading the song of solomon, for the first time mind you, and it was not easy to follow. The one thing I looked into tonight was trying to figure out who the bride is that solomon was talking about. Never mind that half the time throughout reading I lost track of who was speaking. The bride? The bridegroom? The king? Solomon? So bare with me if some of you already have this figured out. I'm very inclined to believe that this is a natural shadow of the spiritual reality between Christ and His bride based on what I already understand of the scriptures by the grace of God.

What I found interesting and what I want to just bring up here (perhaps someone has more thoughts on this) is this line:

Song of Solomon 8:9-10 "If she be a wall, we will build upon her a palace of silver: and if she be a door, we will inclose her with boards of cedar. I am a wall, and my breasts like towers: then was I in his eyes as one that found favour."

For those unfamiliar with this book, what I have underlined, the "I," is the bride speaking. She says she is a WALL.

So of course, I went to revelation to look for anything that might describe new Jerusalem, the bride of Christ, because I already had my suspicions that this bride and this bridegroom are really Christ and His church.

Revelation 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Revelation 21:9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

In describing this bride of Christ's, John spends A LOT of time describing its WALL.

Rev 21:12 And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:

Rev 21:13 On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates.
Rev 21:14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

Rev 21:15 And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof.

Interestingly, THE WALL has the measure of a man. I guess similar to how the number of the beast is the number of a man.

Rev 21:17 And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel.

Here are the last descriptions of the wall.

Revelation 21:18 And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass.

Revelation 21:19 And the foundations of the WALL of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald;

Etc...

So does anyone know if this is a good spiritual match? Has anyone else ever studied the song of solomon? Someone perhaps more learned by the spirit have anything to share? I couldn't really follow it very well to be completely honest so I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't spiritually discern the above properly.

Well let me know!

God bless,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Gina

Re: Song of Solomon
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 04:16:14 AM »

Thanks for that, Alex.  That was interesting.  I love the Song of Songs but I never could follow who was speaking. 

Revelation 21:18 And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass.

City: 
Middle English: from Old French cite, from Latin civitas, from civis ‘citizen.’

So the people of this city are pure gold (very high quality/malleable/easy going?) and totally transparent (having nothing to hide?).  If so, that is comforting.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.