bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Book of Chronicles  (Read 3767 times)

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Book of Chronicles
« on: March 31, 2015, 02:13:21 AM »

So has anyone actually read through all these genealogies? Wow they make my head spin. I tried to follow them. The first two chapters of Chronicle are pretty straight forward in my humble opinion. I could go back to genesis etc.. and make them connections. Beyond that though, especially with the obscure families where I feel like there is very little back story to familiarize yourself with them, makes it very hard to read!

The new testament genealogies pale in comparison to what i'm reading in chronicles lol. Here I thought that could make your head spin!

Hah...

Does anyone know if these have any larger spiritual implication for us today or were these genealogies mostly for the purpose of revealing the son of God, that is Christ, when the time came?

1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Extol

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Book of Chronicles
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 06:22:21 PM »

Okay I think I have this figured out. Those nine chapters of genealogies are in there so this special verse could be hidden in the midst of them:

1 Chron. 4:10: Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, “Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain.” And God granted his request.

This verse was hidden in there so one Bruce Wilkinson (Th. M, D.D.) could find it, write a book about it, and challenge Christians

...to make the Jabez prayer for blessing part of the daily fabric of your life. To do that, I encourage you to follow unwaveringly the plan outlined here for the next thirty days. By the end of that time, you'll be noticing significant changes in your life, and the prayer will be on its way to becoming a treasured, lifelong habit.

After which, ten million copies of said book could be sold.

rick

Re: Book of Chronicles
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 07:53:26 PM »

Okay I think I have this figured out. Those nine chapters of genealogies are in there so this special verse could be hidden in the midst of them:

1 Chron. 4:10: Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, “Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain.” And God granted his request.

This verse was hidden in there so one Bruce Wilkinson (Th. M, D.D.) could find it, write a book about it, and challenge Christians

...to make the Jabez prayer for blessing part of the daily fabric of your life. To do that, I encourage you to follow unwaveringly the plan outlined here for the next thirty days. By the end of that time, you'll be noticing significant changes in your life, and the prayer will be on its way to becoming a treasured, lifelong habit.

After which, ten million copies of said book could be sold.

Its differcult to believe someone would only do it for the money, what's this world coming to.   lol

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 22 queries.