bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: God Lonely  (Read 5605 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
God Lonely
« on: August 10, 2006, 10:27:01 AM »

many thanks.

MY MIND IS BEING BLOWN ON SOME OF YOUR STUFF!!!

one thought for now, i realize God doesnt have body parts and "emotions", no real WRATH, although He's His Own worst publisher on this matter, yet you mention He is lonely.  that's an emotion.  how to wrap my mind around this one?  how for you to put it so your thoughts remain consistent....  tough one.

with joy, janice

Dear Janice:

As to God being "lonely."  Maybe "alone" would have been a better choice of words on my part. It is difficult to write about Who and What God is in human thoughts and words. God clearly is NOT A MAN (Num. 23:19), but He talks and communicates with us as THOUGH He were a man, and He reveals Himself through His Son Jesus Christ who definately IS A MAN (I Tim. 2:5).  So where does that leave us?  It leaves us with a difficult task to try and explain the purpose of God's plan and creation.

We are assured that GOD IS LOVE (I John 4:8). But what does that mean for US?
Is love an "emotion?" Maybe our dictionaries would conclude that it is, but emotions are mental disturbances and agitations.  Does God get "disturbed" or "agitated?"  You see, it doesn't work to try and put God into our frame of thinking.
That is because His thoughts are HIGHER than our thoughts (Isa. 55:9).

So back to "love."  How is God "love?"  Love is a desire to see others prosper and be happy. But how can one (or One) make others happy if THERE ARE NO OTHERS?  Hence a creation of "others?"  I never claimed to have all the answers--I do my best to teach as God teaches me.

God be with you,
Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 22 queries.