bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Gay Weddings  (Read 48479 times)

Joel

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Gay Weddings
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2015, 12:27:58 PM »

Romans 12:18-If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

I think Lot must have been trying to live at peace until God intervened in judgment.

2nd Peter 2:7- And he delivered just Lot, vexed with the conversation of the wicked:

Seems like the issue of gay rights is being forced on those that aren't sympathetic with their cause these days.
Jesus said "Go and sin no more" on a couple occasions, don't see where he would condone man with man, or women with women debauchery.

Ray said at least once in answering an email that he didn't like answering hypothetical questions. (defend ourselves)

Joel

« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 12:30:40 PM by Joel »

octoberose

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2015, 12:41:08 PM »

You gentlemen have not been the mother of the bride - I have.
The work that it takes to put on a wedding, the expense, where the ceremony is held - is all about the Guests ! They are not bystanders like some passers by walking through the park. It is a ceremony put on for the guests- unless the couple go off by  alone . If you are there you are a participant .
  Jesus made it clear what marriage was and by Who's hand it was instituted . That's all we really need to know.
  I am not upbraiding nonbelievers - I'm upbraiding you.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 03:48:32 PM by octoberose »

Mike Gagne

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2015, 01:08:22 PM »

Romans 12:18-If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

I think Lot must have been trying to live at peace until God intervened in judgment.

2nd Peter 2:7- And he delivered just Lot, vexed with the conversation of the wicked:

Seems like the issue of gay rights is being forced on those that aren't sympathetic with their cause these days.
Jesus said "Go and sin no more" on a couple occasions, don't see where he would condone man with man, or women with women debauchery.

Ray said at least once in answering an email that he didn't like answering hypothetical questions. (defend ourselves)

Joel

Good answer Joel.  :D  Its not about the gay man or his wedding, its about you...
1Pe 4:17  For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God:  Their time of judgement will come and they will learn righteousness!

Alex your qoute; So now this discussion has opened my eyes to why I felt as I did and why its good to seek the perspectives of those like minded. It helps me "try the spirits," End of qoute.
Alex is this how we try the spirits, by talking about not going or going to a gay wedding that hasn't happened yet?? 

All the wonderful truths Lray taught and we talk about this?  >:(
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 01:21:18 PM by Michael G »

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2015, 02:03:09 PM »

Joel

Good answer Joel.  :D  Its not about the gay man or his wedding, its about you...
1Pe 4:17  For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God:  Their time of judgement will come and they will learn righteousness!

Alex your qoute; So now this discussion has opened my eyes to why I felt as I did and why its good to seek the perspectives of those like minded. It helps me "try the spirits," End of qoute.
Alex is this how we try the spirits, by talking about not going or going to a gay wedding that hasn't happened yet?? 

All the wonderful truths Lray taught and we talk about this?  >:(

Hi Micheal,

Yes this is how I try the spirits. I search scripture first. Scripture has said what it has said. If I feel like I need further input and more to search out my own thoughts then what better way then amongst those who are of like mind and that one body? I am by no means perfect, a great sinner in fact, but by the grace and mercy of God I strive forward nonetheless.

Ephesians 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

1 Corinthians 1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

I'm trying to avoid being wise in my own conceits. I trying to understand this through the spirit of God and not of man's.

God brought this issue onto my mind and heart and caused me to search it out. Here I am. Does this offend you?

It is hypothetical for me now but perhaps one day it won't be and I'd like to know if that time comes that I am grounded and rooted in the truth not to be shaken by the way's of this world.

If the moderators feel this thread has gotten out of line or served its purpose and there is no benefit in the Body of Christ searching this matter out further then I am fine with them ending the discussion. All in accordance with God's plan.

God be with you,
Alex
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 02:10:40 PM by lilitalienboi16 »
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Ricky

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2015, 02:07:08 PM »

Neo got a great answer, so lets go up one, did you get married by God or by man? in a church where Satan sits on the throne, by a pastor of lies. Does God Honor Pagan marriages? Where does it say that in the book? Everything that is done by man in life is against God.  Ricky
Your heart is God`s gift to you, what you make of it, shall be your gift to Him.

Mike Gagne

« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2015, 05:12:38 PM »

Hi Alex, no Alex you do not offend me. 

Your Qoutes;
 Yes this is how I try the spirits. I search scripture first. Scripture has said what it has said:

I'm trying to avoid being wise in my own conceits. I trying to understand this through the spirit of God and not of man's.    End of qoutes.

Alex in all your posts you use two scriptures and they only tell me one thing, heres those scriptures;

Eph 4:13  Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

1Co 1:10  Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

Alex I don't think this will come about by talking about whether we go or don't go to a gay couples wedding. But I do believe the answer your looking for was in my last post!

Job 23:10  But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold.

Zec 13:9  And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried:

1Pe 4:17  For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God:

Isa 26:9 for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness

Now we all know LRay teachings on what judgement, chastisement and grace mean, teachings.  Jesus is teaching us to do whats right!  So if a gay couple invite me to go to wedding and what ever my choice will be, if I am the called and chosen and if and when the time comes then I know that Jesus righteous judgements will teach me to do whats right! And also by your two scriptures above,  the only way we  will be in unity, is by his righteous judgements. And I believe that all I said is in line with LRays teachings .

Mat 6:34  Take therefore no thought for the morrow: (  your doing what Jesus said not to do with this post )  for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Joh 14:27  Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

In Christ Michael
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 06:01:26 PM by Michael G »

octoberose

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2015, 05:58:12 PM »

Neo got a great answer, so lets go up one, did you get married by God or by man? in a church where Satan sits on the throne, by a pastor of lies. Does God Honor Pagan marriages? Where does it say that in the book? Everything that is done by man in life is against God.  Ricky

I'm not sure what to make of this. We should all say, " Too bad I didn't know the truths of God when I was married  in a church I am no longer a part of. Sorry kids, your parents aren't really married after all! ".  Ray said marriage was a vow - I took a vow as many of you did. Now we should just say "Whoopsey!"
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 07:56:16 PM by octoberose »

rick

« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2015, 07:23:58 PM »

The bigger picture I see is that no matter who one caters to are catering to a sinner / sinners People lie, should we not sell them food ? People steal, should we not sell then cloths ?

I guess the difference is being either God centered or self righteous. But then again, its all of God anyways.

octoberose

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2015, 08:19:26 PM »

And you dont see the difference between selling food and catering  an event?   But no, lets all just live and let live and God will make it all right in the end. Kind of the hippy Christian if you ask me.

the world doth hate you, ye know that it hath hated me before you; 19if of the world ye were, the world its own would have been loving, and because of the world ye are not — but I chose out of the world — because of this the world hateth you. 20‘Remember the word that I said to you, A servant is not greater than his lord; if me they did persecute, you also they will persecute; if my word they did keep, yours also they will keep; 21but all these things will they do to you, because of my name, because they have not known Him who sent me.

My questions  are, is this only for the apostles, because I don't think so. Why Would the world hate us  if we are so willing to hang out and let everyone do their thing? 
Do you remember why John the Baptist was Beheaded? Herod was with with brothers wife, and John said it was not lawful for him to have her- and his head ended up on a platter for it!   Following Jesus costs!   It's cost me my son- my only son!

Is there evidence to indict us as Christ Followers? DOES the world Hate us? Because Jesus was hated and if they hated him, they will hate us.
How many people hated Ray? You've read ithe letters just as I have.  When you speak the truth there will be people who hate you.
 My righteousness does not come from self - it comes from Christ.  I have nothing in me that lends itself to righteousness.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2015, 09:46:17 PM »

The bigger picture I see is that no matter who one caters to are catering to a sinner / sinners People lie, should we not sell them food ? People steal, should we not sell then cloths ?

I guess the difference is being either God centered or self righteous. But then again, its all of God anyways.

Rick,

Not to come off too harsh brother but if this is what you still think this whole thread is about then you've completely miss understood.

God bless,
Alex

1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2015, 11:00:26 PM »

I knew it was a fool's errand to try to give a brief, thoughtful answer to a hypothetical question.  Still, sometimes I just can't shut up.  Don't assume too much from my answers.  I agree with Ray's paper on homosexuality.  I even agree with the title. 

The "simple" answer always carries more weight in the world than the more complex and nuanced answer which might well be the 'true' one.  There were too many facts left out of the question and too many assumptions behind it.  God is my judge, and the only One I am concerned with.  That'll get you hated by everyone. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

rick

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2015, 07:08:56 AM »

Christ has not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance. Catering an event is one thing an celebrating an event is another thing.

I will only say what Christ said, let he here who is without sin cast the first stone.

Extol

« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2015, 09:47:14 AM »

Alex and Extol, what if your son was the one getting married?

I don't see how that should be an excuse to join the party. God - willing I would not join in if my son asked me to help him cheat on his taxes, or go to a party and get drunk with him. Neither would I want to endorse and condone his sequel "love" for another man.

As Dave has wisely pointed out, these are hypothetical situations. We don't know for sure what we'd do, and answers to such questions are often unsatisfactory to the asker. I think homosexuality is a sin, and I wouldn't feel comfortable attending a celebration of that sin,  no matter who it is.

santgem

« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2015, 10:11:50 AM »

Romans 14

The Danger of Criticism

1 Accept other believers who are weak in faith, and don't argue with them about what they think is right or wrong.2 For instance, one person believes it's all right to eat anything. But another believer with a sensitive conscience will eat only vegetables.3 Those who feel free to eat anything must not look down on those who don't. And those who don't eat certain foods must not condemn those who do, for God has accepted them.4 Who are you to condemn someone else’s servants? Their own master will judge whether they stand or fall. And with the Lord’s help, they will stand and receive his approval.

5 In the same way, some think one day is more holy than another day, while others think every day is alike. You should each be fully convinced that whichever day you choose is acceptable.6 Those who worship the Lord on a special day do it to honor him. Those who eat any kind of food do so to honor the Lord, since they give thanks to God before eating. And those who refuse to eat certain foods also want to please the Lord and give thanks to God.7 For we don't live for ourselves or die for ourselves.8 If we live, it's to honor the Lord. And if we die, it's to honor the Lord. So whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.9 Christ died and rose again for this very purpose—to be Lord both of the living and of the dead.
  10 So why do you condemn another believer*? Why do you look down on another believer? Remember, we will all stand before the judgment seat of God.11 For the Scriptures say,

"'As surely as I live,' says the LORD,
'every knee will bend to me,
  and every tongue will confess and give praise to God.*'"

12 Yes, each of us will give a personal account to God.13 So let's stop condemning each other. Decide instead to live in such a way that you will not cause another believer to stumble and fall.
 14 I know and am convinced on the authority of the Lord Jesus that no food, in and of itself, is wrong to eat. But if someone believes it is wrong, then for that person it is wrong.15 And if another believer is distressed by what you eat, you are not acting in love if you eat it. Don't let your eating ruin someone for whom Christ died.16 Then you will not be criticized for doing something you believe is good.17 For the Kingdom of God is not a matter of what we eat or drink, but of living a life of goodness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.18 If you serve Christ with this attitude, you will please God, and others will approve of you, too.19 So then, let us aim for harmony in the church and try to build each other up.

20 Don't tear apart the work of God over what you eat. Remember, all foods are acceptable, but it is wrong to eat something if it makes another person stumble.21 It is better not to eat meat or drink wine or do anything else if it might cause another believer to stumble.22 You may believe there's nothing wrong with what you are doing, but keep it between yourself and God.

Blessed are those who don't feel guilty for doing something they have decided is right.23 But if you have doubts about whether or not you should eat something, you are sinning if you go ahead and do it. For you are not following your convictions. If you do anything you believe is not right, you are sinning.

rick

« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2015, 12:35:46 PM »

Rick,

Not to come off too harsh brother but if this is what you still think this whole thread is about then you've completely miss understood.

God bless,
Alex
Hi Alex,

In your original question you asked ( is it wrong to attend a gay wedding ,to partake of it in anyway,) then you give an example of being a florist where a gay couple ask you to set up the flowers at their wedding

Are they asking you to sell them flowers or to join in on the celebration of the marriage or both ?
If they are asking you to sell them flowers only, that is your job according to your scenario an if its your job then do your job to the glory of God.

If they are asking you to join in on the celebration I will only recite your words back to you ( To re-iterate, I have no problem with gay people having marriage rights )

If you have no problem with gay people having marriage rights why would you have a problem setting up flowers for their wedding ? That is what you were asking right, is it wrong to attend or partake.

What I was saying is if one wishes to discriminate against one sin why not discriminate against all sins or do we show the lost sheep of God that we are hypocrites ?

Let he here who is without sin cast the first stone at the gay person the liar the thief the murderer  etc, etc.

Love covers a multitude of sins Alex.

God bless.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 12:48:21 PM by Rick »

lauriellen

« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2015, 01:03:25 PM »

It seems to me that Jesus set the example for us to follow:

Luk 19:5  When Jesus came to that place, he looked up and said to Zacchaeus, "Hurry down, Zacchaeus, because I must stay in your house today."
Luk 19:6  Zacchaeus hurried down and welcomed him with great joy.
Luk 19:7  All the people who saw it started grumbling, "This man has gone as a guest to the home of a sinner!"

Luk 7:39  Now when the Pharisee which had bidden him saw it, he spake within himself, saying, This man, if he were a prophet, would have known who and what manner of woman this is that toucheth him: for she is a sinner.

Mat 9:11  And when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto his disciples, Why eateth your Master with publicans and sinners?
Mat 9:12  But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.

Mat 11:19  The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.

It seems pretty clear to me......

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2015, 02:45:44 PM »

It seems to me that Jesus set the example for us to follow:

Luk 19:5  When Jesus came to that place, he looked up and said to Zacchaeus, "Hurry down, Zacchaeus, because I must stay in your house today."
Luk 19:6  Zacchaeus hurried down and welcomed him with great joy.
Luk 19:7  All the people who saw it started grumbling, "This man has gone as a guest to the home of a sinner!"

Luk 7:39  Now when the Pharisee which had bidden him saw it, he spake within himself, saying, This man, if he were a prophet, would have known who and what manner of woman this is that toucheth him: for she is a sinner.

Mat 9:11  And when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto his disciples, Why eateth your Master with publicans and sinners?
Mat 9:12  But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.

Mat 11:19  The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.

It seems pretty clear to me......

Hi Lauriellen,

These are great verses and thanks for sharing them. They certainly add perspective to the discussion.

I don't have a problem eating with sinners or being touched by sinners or any of what Jesus did. I bump into sinners everyday and I eat in the house of a sinner every day (my own house).  This isn't the discussion here. None of the above involves me putting my stamp of approval upon the any sinful behavior by any of the sinners.

The discussion is partaking in a celebration for sinful behavior. Christ attended a marriage feast where he turned water into wine but would He have attended this same wedding feast to celebrate the bride and bridegroom's if they were gay? That's where my uncertainty lied originally in starting this whole thread.

John 2:1-2 And the third day there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee; and the mother of Jesus was there: And both Jesus was called, and his disciples, to the marriage.

Jesus spent a lot of time around sinners but He never celebrated their sins. In fact, He was constantly telling them to REPENT for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

If you read Mat 9:13, of which you quoted the previous two verses, Jesus says just that:

Matthew 9:13 But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but SINNERS TO REPENTANCE.

So this is where I am at and I just don't see Jesus celebrating any sinful behavior, not even at the ceremony for the joining of two gay couples. Some people have stated they could attend a gay marriage without celebrating with those at the wedding but I suppose then it becomes a slippery slope. Ray said that marriage was one of the few things in this world that God made for us to observe PHYSICALLY and not spiritually. We don't spiritually marry other people and we don't get spiritual divorces. In the same way, your PHYSICAL PRESENCE says A LOT about what you think is OKAY in the eye's of God.

God bless,
Alex

octoberose

« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2015, 03:03:36 PM »

Thank you for the thoughtful response Alex.
 I was about to write something on the lines of  by all means then, go off  to Hugh Heffners mansion and eat with him during one of his parties. What's  the difference? Lets just celebrate sin and violate I Corinthisns 13 that says Love  does not  rejoice in evil but in the truth.
  But I do not have to say any of that because you said it much better and less emotionally.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2015, 03:06:26 PM »

Rick,

God bless,
Alex
Hi Alex,

In your original question you asked ( is it wrong to attend a gay wedding ,to partake of it in anyway,) then you give an example of being a florist where a gay couple ask you to set up the flowers at their wedding

Are they asking you to sell them flowers or to join in on the celebration of the marriage or both ?
If they are asking you to sell them flowers only, that is your job according to your scenario an if its your job then do your job to the glory of God.

If they are asking you to join in on the celebration I will only recite your words back to you ( To re-iterate, I have no problem with gay people having marriage rights )

If you have no problem with gay people having marriage rights why would you have a problem setting up flowers for their wedding ? That is what you were asking right, is it wrong to attend or partake.

What I was saying is if one wishes to discriminate against one sin why not discriminate against all sins or do we show the lost sheep of God that we are hypocrites ?

Let he here who is without sin cast the first stone at the gay person the liar the thief the murderer  etc, etc.

Love covers a multitude of sins Alex.

God bless.

Hey Rick,

I see you don't think there is a difference between "I have no problem with gay people having marriage rights" and attending a gay marriage.

Well let me tell you there is a BIG difference.

I don't think homosexuality is okay. It is a sin. The reason I don't have an issue with gay people having marriage rights is because I am not OF this world. I belong to the KINGDOM OF GOD and my CITIZENSHIP is in the heavens. You can't partake in the affairs of men and the affairs of God. A house divided amongst itself cannot stand and you cannot serve two masters. I am a sojourner in this world and this land. I don't partake in the political affairs of its people and nations. In that respect I don't have any issue.

If you also read the rest of what I wrote you would see I explained this previously by stating that God has a plan and He is going to execute it regardless of what my opinion on the matter is. What is deemed necessary must and will come to pass. God is wise and does not make mistakes. His ways are perfect.

I used the Flowers and the Florists as an example of the current issue that brought me to this question I posed and will ask again.

Is my PARTICIPATION in a CELEBRATION OF SINFUL BEHAVIOR acceptable in the eyes of God? I stated this in that same reply you quoted from. Please re-read it now with the understanding that celebrating a gay marriage by attending and participating in its idiosyncrasies is not the same thing as being okay with gay marriage rights as I just now explained to you.

By your post I'm sensing that you think there is no difference between "loving [AGAPE] your enemies" and celebrating their sinful behaviors.

There is a big difference between celebrating sinful behavior and loving the world [AGAPE]. We love the world not because we accept or condone or participate in its evil and sinful ways but BECAUSE we see what the world will be like one day when God has finally conformed every person into His image. That is worth loving and that is what God saw when He first commended His love towards us through His son.

God be with you,
Alex

Gina

« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2015, 03:07:58 PM »

Hi everyone,

I've been reading your posts and replies.  Yes, it's a very hypothetical question.  My belief is this:  If you have to ask, the answer is a big no.  And, when in doubt, do nothing.  Say nothing.  The answer will come to you.

As for those who say that Jesus ate with publicans and sinners, true and the reason He did that was not to PARTY with them and celebrate THEM.  Jesus came to SAVE SINNERS.  I'm not perfect and I'm not that smart, and I've found myself in situations that I thought I could handle.  But the truth of the matter is, I was somewhere where i had no business being. 

I believe that when our relationship with Christ is on the level that it should be, yes, you may know and work with gays and lesbians but they would know you well enough to know that inviting you to their wedding would be akin to asking you to set aside your beliefs.

When Paul condemned sexual sin he didn't then say, but go hang out with them. 

Do not be misled: "Bad company corrupts good character."  (1 Cor. 15:33) 

We all have problems and struggle with our sin.  That is a good sign that your heart is inclined toward doing what is right.

And there are gays and lesbians here who read Ray's writings and one that I know of who is a member of this forum whose name I will not divulge.  I'm not going to "out" him.   He loves Ray.  He struggles with his desires.  So this is not a person who doesn't want to please God. 

Isaiah says:  I am the high and the lofty One, and I also dwell (eat and drink symbolically speaking) with the CONTRITE and LOWLY IN SPIRIT.   (those who are feeling SORROW FOR THEIR OWN SINS AND SHORTCOMINGS)

THOSE are the kinds of people Jesus ate and drank with, for those are clearly UNclear on the matter.

Imagine Jesus or Paul being invited to a gay wedding and as if that weren't strange enough, then imagine them contemplating whether or not they should attend it. 

Imagine Ray being invited to a gay wedding and attending.

So, tell me this:  When your friends want to marry more than one person, or their pet and they invite you, will you scratch your heads and ask, Gee, what would Jesus do?

Jesus doesn't love US the way we are.  He loves us from WHAT we are.  Only the devil loves you the way you are.  And if you're that worried about offending someone of that mindset and think, Well, if they invite me then I'll go because after all, I'm not supposed to judge them, then you are now guilty of loving mother, father, brother, sister, son / daughter and friends MORE than God and you cannot be His disciple.   

I'm not saying hate these people who do those things.   When Paul said, I don't judge those on the outside but on the inside, what he means is, he doesn't get ENTANGLED IN THE WORLD'S AFFAIRS.  That's what he was saying.  Why do you think he told the Corinthians to throw the man out who was sleeping with his father's wife?  Because he didn't want them being entangled with anyone who was obviously still entangled in sin.  Just throw him out.  Don't kill him, don't murder him, don't call the police, just throw him out till he's had his fill of "pleasure," and when he sees he's for himself that he's wallowing in sin like pig and wants to come back, then let him come back, and drop the matter. 

How do you separate yourself from those sins and then partake in the celebrating of them at the same time, huh?  Paul didn't say you couldn't eat with gays and lesbians, etc., etc., did he?  No, he didn't.   He said you couldn't eat with anyone who calls themselves a Christian and does those things. 

Now, how many gays and lesbians AFFIRM what they're doing and call themselves Christians?  Many.  (I'm not talking about the ones who are struggling and feeling contrite over their sins, believe me.  There is a difference.  And one gay/lesbian fleeting thought or fling does not a homosexual make, that's clear.)

We are all guilty as hell of ALL.  But don't let your guilty conscience weaken you to the point that you feel pity for these people and go party with them in their sin.  You may as well be going to celebrate a future train wreck!  And what will your response be to them when God touches their eyes and THEY SEE their own sin?  Will you say, Well, I was only trying to be nice.   No, you were trying to not offend them. 

Assuming your walk with Christ is so weak that you would be invited by gays and lesbians to celebrate their "marriage," all you have to say is:  OH, boy!  Look at the time.  I really have to be CLEAN MY SHOWER!

Or, I'M SORRY BUT I'VE BEEN INVITED TO ANOTHER WEDDING THAT DAY. 

Or, I'M SORRY BUT I HAVE TO GO SHOPPING THAT DAY.

If you are so WEAK in your faith that you feel you must GO BACK into the world to offer comfort to sinners who just LOVE to be comforted by you and to be told that what they're doing is not so bad, and that God loves them just the way they are, YOU misunderstand.

Paul said, that f-r-i-e-n-d-s-h-i-p  (he didn't say you couldn't eat a meal with or do business) with the world is emnity with God (that is deep seated hatred).  Remember, the Samaritan, as Ray aptly pointed out, took the man who was beat and robbed to a hospital and had THEM nurse the man back to health.  The Samaritan didn't nurse him back to health.  Doesn't say whether he became friends with him and started playing tennis with him or going to parties and all of that. 

You might think you're strong enough and holy and righteous enough to be able to withstand the attacks of the adversary, but  you don't even realize that the attacks from the adversary are coming at you wrapped up in a beautiful velvet rainbow colored glove, With "love."   

You're naive.   

When you up and go to a gay or lesbian wedding this is ultimately what you're affirming: 

http://thefederalist.com/2015/03/17/dear-gay-community-your-kids-are-hurting/

God bless you all.  I can't even believe that we have to have this discussion.  There should have been no question about this issue. 

Octoberose, thank you very much for your willingness to say what you said.  I know you didn't mean to come off rude, and from my standpoint, you did not.  We're in the same as you know.  My daughter informed me a year ago that she was going to marry her girlfriend since her own adoptive grandfather had instructed her throughout her life to "not date bozos," which, to her meant date girls.   

And for those who might misunderstand what I'm about personally:  Nobody's telling gays and lesbians that they must become attracted to and marry the opposite sex.   Nobody's telling you that that is what you must do.  I certainly am not.  But if the lifestyle were to be affirmed to the point of marriage, and if it doesn't harm anyone, then why oh why are so many doing Youtube videos about how they've abandoned their lifestyle and feeling sorrow for their choice, huh?  These are beautiful people whom God loves and these are those whom Isaiah said He dwells with.

God bless.  And please don't take offense at anything I've said here.  It's all the truth and you know it. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 20 queries.