bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bipolar disorder?  (Read 3397 times)

acomplishedartis

Bipolar disorder?
« on: April 06, 2015, 08:24:41 AM »

I know somebody who thinks to have this bipolar thing.

I wonder what you guys think about this short paper which seems to bring some light of truth to this concept
http://www.behaviorismandmentalhealth.com/2009/09/06/bipolar-disorder-is-not-an-illness/

Here a short quote of the paper:

The central point of this and my earlier posts is that there are no mental illnesses. There are problems of living – problems that human beings encounter, sometimes resolve, sometimes live with. The so-called mental illnesses are an attempt to explain or understand these phenomena, but as explanations they are spurious, unhelpful, and indeed, counter-productive. They are merely labels.

I am just posting this because probably some people here is familiar with the concept, and would like to share some good comments on the subject or a good opinion on this short paper that I am sharing.

I believe this labeling discussion is important because it can change the whole self perception of a person dealing with this problems

sincerely

Moises

ps. (If anyone is interested enough, all the comments on the first page on the site (you have to click where it says '293 comments') and the responses of the author in between comments make the whole matter even more interesting and complete, --please make sure to see the comments if you are going to post in pro of  believing on this label)

lurquer

Re: Bipolar disorder?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 01:53:58 AM »

Here a short quote of the paper:

The central point of this and my earlier posts is that there are no mental illnesses. There are problems of living – problems that human beings encounter, sometimes resolve, sometimes live with. The so-called mental illnesses are an attempt to explain or understand these phenomena, but as explanations they are spurious, unhelpful, and indeed, counter-productive. They are merely labels.

I pretty much agree with that statement.

I also believe in exterior, real spiritual influences on the minds of men (AKA 'demons'). But then the human mind was pretty depraved without any outside influence... I recommend a thorough reading of The Mask of Sanity for confirmation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 20 queries.