bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Funny and true !  (Read 4029 times)

John9362

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Funny and true !
« on: April 09, 2015, 09:31:44 PM »

A group of seniors were sitting around talking about all their ailments at Kat's house.

"My arms have got so weak I can hardly lift this cup of coffee," said one.

"Yes, I know," said another, "My cataracts are so bad; can't even see my coffee."

"I couldn't even mark an "X" at election time because my hands are so crippled," volunteered a third.

"What? Speak up! What? I can't hear you", said one elderly lady.

"I can't turn my head because of the arthritis in my neck," said one, to which several nodded weakly in agreement.

"My blood pressure pills make me so dizzy!" exclaimed another.

"I forget where I am and where I'm going," said another.

"I guess that's the price we pay for getting old," winced an old man as he slowly shook his head.

The others nodded in agreement.

"Well, count your Blessings," said a woman cheerfully, "Thank God we can all still drive."

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: Funny and true !
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 10:06:16 PM »

:D
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Joel

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 01:39:57 AM »

No joke,
I know a 80 year old lady that can check off a number of those listed, and the still driving one for sure.

Joel

indianabob

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2015, 02:34:58 AM »

Right on Joel, I have "run into" some of those older drivers myself. No pun intended.

Of course you realize that I will be 80 next July. So let's keep a little forgiveness in our replies.  ::)   ;D

Indiana bob

Joel

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2015, 01:45:01 AM »

I agree with you Bob,
What's your opinion of this?
Same little old lady was driving my wife on a short trip and back.
On the way there she tells the wife "I can't feel my feet."
We heard through the grape vine that she was taking her daughter that has no license to the store, her shoulders, and arms were  hurting so bad with arthritis, her daughter had to make all the left, and right hand turns for her. (daughter had to open door for her, fasten seat belt, start the engine, and put the car in gear for her also.)
Little lady still has her wits about her for sure, example;
The last time she went to renew her drivers license, she called and made appointment so she would not have to wait very long.
She parked in the parking lot, took one long breath before she left her oxygen bottle in the car, used her inhaler, left her walker in the car and went on in.
She had no trouble passing the test on the eye machine, had her picture made and was back out in about fifteen minutes.
Funny, and true!

Joel

indianabob

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2015, 03:50:32 PM »

Joel,

Thanks for the added story.
I would advise her to see the doctor immediately and if no relief is found to park her drivers license before she hurts some innocent person.
It seems that she is aware of her limitations, limb strength, lung capacity etc. but wisdom dictates limiting her exposure to accidental injury of herself or others.
Yes it is important for older folks to retain some independence, but not at the cost of the welfare of others. My wife checks me out every time we drive together and she doesn't pull her punches. AND we have agreed decades past to offer driving advice in a very soft voice.
I have retained my chauffeur and motorcycle endorsements so I out rank her a little.
Fortunately our subdivision is usually not cluttered with vehicles, so I can practice my wheelies when no one else is around.

By the way I drive using my left foot on the brake, always have except in a stick shift vehicle. It makes starting and stopping in traffic a lot smoother.

Indiana Bob  8)

Doug

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2015, 04:07:36 PM »

Fairly recently I had to convince my Dad to sell his car. He has dementia and I became concerned for my dad and others on the road. He is a very independent and this was the last thing he wanted to do. It was also difficult to know exactly when he was not capable, he was already limiting his driving. It took some time but he did relent and sold his car. It was about a year latter and he did say it was the right thing to do. However, it still makes me very sad having to do this.

Joel

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2015, 04:40:47 PM »

Bob, and Doug,
I understand very well what you are saying.
I have been telling people for five years now that she doesn't need to be driving, for her own safety and others too.
Some agree with me but those that are closer to her tell her differently, anyway she has been very independent all of her life and she sees doctors regular and they say the things she wants to hear also.
Without going into details the definition for Stockholm Syndrome fits her situation very well where she lives.
I am hoping the next time she has to renew her license she will fail the test. Time to renew isn't long off. :)

Joel

Joel

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2015, 12:35:00 AM »

Indianabob,
I've done some driving with the left foot on the brake too.
Once, when I had a car that idled poorly, and another time when I drag raced.
Worked well both times. :)  8)

Joel
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 23 queries.