bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Come Alive  (Read 4235 times)

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Come Alive
« on: April 13, 2015, 04:44:46 PM »

Love this song!! I love how they quote Ezekiel! Very cool! What a marvelous day the resurrection will be! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWpvknKuYrg

Chris Tomlin - Come Alive

Awake My Soul"
(with Lecrae)

[Chris Tomlin:]
Breathe on me, breath of God, breathe on me
Breathe on me, breath of God, breathe on me
I come alive, I'm alive when You breathe on me
I come alive, I'm alive when You breathe on me

[Chorus:]
Awake, awake, awake my soul,
God resurrect these bones
From death to life, for You alone
Awake my soul

Speak to me, Word of God, speak to me
Speak to me, Word of God, speak to me
I come alive, I'm alive when you speak to me
I come alive, I'm alive when you speak to me

Awake my soul

[Lecrae:]
Then He said to me,
Prophesy to these bones and say to them,
Dry bones, hear the word of the Lord!
This is what the Sovereign Lord says to these bones,
I will make breath enter you,
And you will come alive.
So I prophesied as I was commanded.
As I was prophesying, there was a noise, a rattling sound,
And the bones came together, bone to bone.
And I looked, and tendons and flesh appeared on them,
And skin covered them, but there was no breath in them.
Then He said to me,
Prophesy to the breath,
Prophesy, son of man, and say to it,
Come from the four winds of breath and breathe.

From death to life, through you alone
Awake my soul

Awake my soul

[Lecrae:]
Yeah, I'm not alone, I realize
I breathe out, I come alive
Your Word gives life to my dry bones
Your breath tells death it can ride on
Awake me, make me a living stone,
A testament to your throne, I
I'm nothing without You, I'm on my own
The only One who satisfies my soul

Ezekiel 37:1-11

1 The hand of the Lord was upon me, and carried me out in the spirit of the Lord, and set me down in the midst of the valley which was full of bones,
2 And caused me to pass by them round about: and, behold, there were very many in the open valley; and, lo, they were very dry.
3 And he said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, O Lord God, thou knowest.
4 Again he said unto me, Prophesy upon these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the Lord.
5 Thus saith the Lord God unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live:
6 And I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and ye shall live; and ye shall know that I am the Lord.
7 So I prophesied as I was commanded: and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and behold a shaking, and the bones came together, bone to his bone.
8 And when I beheld, lo, the sinews and the flesh came up upon them, and the skin covered them above: but there was no breath in them.
9 Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord God; Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live.
10 So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army.
11 Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts.
12 Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.
13 And ye shall know that I am the Lord, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,
14 And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the Lord have spoken it, and performed it, saith the Lord.

Enjoy! :)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 02:50:43 PM by lilitalienboi16 »
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

indianabob

Re: Come Alive
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 02:11:45 AM »

Hi Alex,
Reading these lyrics, I am reminded that the words of God are directed only toward His people Israel and their return to the promised land. True gentile believers of the body of Christ are not addressed here.

Indiana Bob

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 03:00:15 AM »

Hi Alex,
Reading these lyrics, I am reminded that the words of God are directed only toward His people Israel and their return to the promised land. True gentile believers of the body of Christ are not addressed here.

Indiana Bob

Well Bob, I don't know if I agree with that.

God tells us that we are Isreal. He is not a jew which is one outwardly, but who is one indwardly, whose circumsician is not of the flesh, but of the heart, and whose praise is not of men but of God.

I really do believe its all for us. Paul, by inspiration of God, tells us that all these things happened unto them and are written for OUR admonishment! So I believe we are addressed here and everywhere in scripture. It was all intended for us. Certainly the ressurection pertains to the gentiles though we (called and chosen by God, The Isreal of God) are striving for something greater--To be worthy to partake in that first ressurection.

Still a great song! You should give it a listen :P

God bless,
Alex
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 03:30:56 AM by lilitalienboi16 »
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

indianabob

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2015, 04:04:52 AM »

Hi Alex,

Hasn't Ray said that the O.T. and early gospel characters prior to Jesus passion, such as John the Baptizer, will not be in the first resurrection and be part of the "body of Christ"? Doesn't my comment go along with that idea?

Of course there is much more that can be said, but I'll await your reply.

I-bob

Mike Gagne

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2015, 12:47:51 PM »

Hi Bob, According to Lrays teachings, When the scriptures speak of Israel they speak of Jesus And if they speak of Jesus then they speak of us. Here is a quote from LRays twelve given truths to understanding the scriptures, its truth #4...

"Then He said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken: Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, , and to enter into His glory. And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, He expounded unto them in all the Scriptures the things concerning HIMSELF" (Luke 24:25-27).

Are we to believe that in a few hours Jesus read to them the entire 39 books, 929 chapters, 23,145 verses of the Old Testament, with commentary and explanations? No, of course not
. He taught them a principle, a spiritual truth, whereby they could understand all the Scriptures that pertained to Him.

The spiritual resurrected Jesus Christ does not represent the physical house of David, or the physical Tribe of Judah, or the physical nation of Israel. Jesus Christ is Spirit and His words are spirit. "As Jesus is, so are we" means that those who are spiritual (composed of almost exclusively Gentiles in this Church era) are the true Jews—not national Israel and Judah. National Israel and Judah are going into the Great White Throne of Judgment in the second resurrection during the period of the Lake of Fire. They will NOT be grafted into Jesus, the Tree of Life, before then. Jesus fulfilled all that is written in the Law of Moses and all the prophets—it ALL pertains to Jesus, and thus it all pertains to us (‘upon whom the ends of the ages are come,’ I Cor. 10:11).

End of Quote:

Eze 37:11  Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts

This scripture is surely talking about the body of Christ...

Have a good day everyone!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 09:04:45 PM by Michael G »

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2015, 02:58:16 PM »

Hi Alex,

Hasn't Ray said that the O.T. and early gospel characters prior to Jesus passion, such as John the Baptizer, will not be in the first resurrection and be part of the "body of Christ"? Doesn't my comment go along with that idea?

Of course there is much more that can be said, but I'll await your reply.

I-bob

Yes, John the baptist will not be in the first ressurection. They all fell asleept not having obtained the promises because God did not want them to be made perfect without us.

Hebrews 11:13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

Hebrews 11:39-40 And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise: God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

Matthew 11:11 Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

Luke 7:28 For I say unto you, Among those that are born of women there is not a greater prophet than John the Baptist: but he that is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he.

Romans 11
24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert grafted contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree?
25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the father's sakes.
29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.
30 For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:
31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.
32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

As for your original comment being in agreement with these ideas, I don't know. Not as I understand it. I think these are two different idea's here that you're talking about. Perhaps you can further clarify?

God bless,
Alex
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 20 queries.