bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How long was Jesus' ministry?  (Read 4984 times)

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
How long was Jesus' ministry?
« on: April 25, 2015, 06:45:51 PM »

Does anyone know if ray talks about the length of Jesus' ministry anywhere? I know what the tradition is, that it lasted roughly 3 1/2 years but I was wondering if there was strong scriptural support for this?

The reason I ask is because I was reading the book of daniel and one of the last line reads;

Daniel 12:12 Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.

Dan 12:12 Happy is he who will tarry and attain to the thousand three hundred and thirty-five days!

Revelation has similar lengths of time

Revelation 11:3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

Revelation 12:6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

Revelation 13:4-6 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

Also

Daniel 12:7 And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.

Revelation 12:14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

Jesus says this after Jerusalem's destruction of the time it will last:

Luke 21:24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

Revelation 11:2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

I think the 1350 days is the first ressurection because the language is similar;

Revelation 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

42 months = 1260 days = 3 1/2 years

So yea.. does anyone know where ray talks about the length of Christ's ministry or have anything else to add to my line of thought?

God bless,
Alex
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 07:32:23 PM by lilitalienboi16 »
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

wat

Re: How long was Jesus' ministry?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 08:24:06 PM »

From his talk "How Hard is Getting Saved?"

"You notice how many things in Revelation are described as “for a times, time and half a time” - “for a year, years, and half a year” - “for a season, seasons, and half a season” - “for 42 months” - "for 1260 days." How much is 3½ years, 3½ seasons, 1260 days and 42 months? How much is that? It’s all the same! It’s a symbol of something spiritual. I think I can prove, although it’s not as easy as you might think, that Christ’s ministry lasted 3½ years. You know how long that is? 42 months - 1260 days... Why do we have these, why are they in there? Why is that over and over in there? Because Christ lived in the flesh in his ministry for 1260 days, 42 months, 3½ years. He’s going to live that ministry in us!

And that’s why we live these things that take 42 months, 1260 days and 3½ years. And that 3½ years will be His ministry. Maybe it will take 4½ years to live His ministry in us, maybe it will take 40½ years… it’s a symbol, however long it takes. It’s going to go through this generation of believers and then this one, then this one and on and on because Jesus Christ is, was and will be. He’s not in the past and coming again in the future, He’s here now! He was here before and He’ll be there in the future, He is, was and will be!"

That's all I remember of him talking about the length of Jesus' ministry. I don't think he ever took the time to prove it lasted 3.5 years, just that he said he thinks he can, but it's not easy.

I always thought tradition had it at 3 years long, at least that's what I always heard growing up. 3.5 years isn't that much different, but I'm inclined to believe it given what Ray said and what you brought up, the symbols in Revelation.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 08:44:15 PM »

"You notice how many things in Revelation are described as “for a times, time and half a time” - “for a year, years, and half a year” - “for a season, seasons, and half a season” - “for 42 months” - "for 1260 days." How much is 3½ years, 3½ seasons, 1260 days and 42 months? How much is that? It’s all the same! It’s a symbol of something spiritual. I think I can prove, although it’s not as easy as you might think, that Christ’s ministry lasted 3½ years. You know how long that is? 42 months - 1260 days... Why do we have these, why are they in there? Why is that over and over in there? Because Christ lived in the flesh in his ministry for 1260 days, 42 months, 3½ years. He’s going to live that ministry in us!

And that’s why we live these things that take 42 months, 1260 days and 3½ years. And that 3½ years will be His ministry. Maybe it will take 4½ years to live His ministry in us, maybe it will take 40½ years… it’s a symbol, however long it takes. It’s going to go through this generation of believers and then this one, then this one and on and on because Jesus Christ is, was and will be. He’s not in the past and coming again in the future, He’s here now! He was here before and He’ll be there in the future, He is, was and will be!"

That's all I remember of him talking about the length of Jesus' ministry. I don't think he ever took the time to prove it lasted 3.5 years, just that he said he thinks he can, but it's not easy.

I always thought tradition had it at 3 years long, at least that's what I always heard growing up. 3.5 years isn't that much different, but I'm inclined to believe it given what Ray said and what you brought up, the symbols in Revelation.

Thanks Loc,

That's what I was looking for. Yea I'm not sure if ray ever actually proved it as you said but I am inclined to agree with him. Its hard to deny it when you compare spiritual with spiritual.

I think daniel's days of 1350 are greater than 1260 because Christ died at the end of His ministry. Those extra days are that time when the first ressurection takes place which occurs after Christ has finished His ministry in us and we die. We are raised sometime later (with the exception, I suppose, to those who are alive when Christ returns to this earth).

That makes sense to me but I am open to discussion. I  just kind of thought of the first ressurection when I read what daniel said.

Its amazing how much more sense revelation makes when you see some basic principle truths in God's Word.

God bless,
Alex
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 08:47:14 PM by lilitalienboi16 »
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

rick

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 12:21:34 PM »

maybe it will take 40½ years… it’s a symbol, however long it takes. It’s going to go through this generation of

Hello Loc,

I always heard it was 3.5 years but more important, “ its lived out in us “ be it 3.5 years or a life time, I think in my case its going to take the rest of this life, at least for me.

God Bless.

dave

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2015, 12:25:51 PM »

Just about what I was going to say, I don't believe His ministry stopped, we are here on this site. I know the question was about His earthly ministry, but that is my thought when I read the post. :)

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2015, 12:53:32 PM »

Just about what I was going to say, I don't believe His ministry stopped, we are here on this site. I know the question was about His earthly ministry, but that is my thought when I read the post. :)

Thank you Micah, I certainly agree that Christ is doing His good work in us!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 22 queries.