bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Write down things you've done that should grant you the prize of immortal life?  (Read 12834 times)

Mike Gagne

Michael G

Listen to the audio that Dave linked and you'll hear the original question from the horses mouth.The actual question that i wanted to pose was asked by Ray.

"Write down three things which you've done or are doing that should qualify you for the kingdom of God?"

Hey Dave,just rembered.I had a pastor who was 18yrs old threaten me once.I had argued him about this tithe issue,and I was enraged because most of his audience were grandmother's who were poor.He would ask for tithe and offering everyday,man,that boy made me angry.Now that got me in trouble.It happened before I read Ray's material though,of which I had already known about the tithe scam.I went to him for 3 days in a row,until he finally gave in and said:"My man,I don't know who you are or what you are trying to do,but i've already told a couple of pastors about you and we've been watching you for some time.So if you ever set foot again in this church(Universal),i'm afraid we gona do something to you."I couldn't believe it,I stormed out the church fuming and never came back.

What is weird though,is that,in the beginning I thought I was getting through to him.He was kind and even complimented me on how I knew what I knew.Well,come day 3,i'm being threatened.This was 3 years ago.

You're right.The audio is not all hard news,Ray does speak about the positive side as well.

Ok Nelson, why don't you share your answer to that very question?

:D

Mike Gagne

I was at that 2009 Conference and heard what Ray said.  I listened again to the 2nd clip that Dave attached.

Towards the end of the clip Ray stated that it was God who would give us the victory.

What more can be said?  If God gives us the victory, then it's not us but God.  Therefore, we should give all the credit to God.

We have been asked to give "testimonies".  That's a very Christian sounding word.  I cannot give a "testimony" because I am not a Christian.  Neither was Jesus.  The very thought of giving a "testimony" gives me the spiritual dry heaves.  I walked away from all that stuff years ago.  Not going back.

Hi John, I wasn't at the conference but I think I said the same as what your saying....

Its Gods work, not Mikes work and thank God for that....
Ok Nelson, maybe I misunderstood your question. Heres your question,

Write a couple of things that you have done or gone through that should grant you a place in the Kingdom?Of course the road is not yet done,but I'm interested to hear what has changed since the conference,even to those who were not at the conference but have had the truth for a minute(long time).It would be good to hear something that is unheard of,than the usuals, like:

Ok let me say this, I have been accountable and have judged my self on all kinds of matters. Before conversion I was not able to do this, I was as carnal as anybody else and the carnal mind is not subject to the law of God neither indeed can be. It is Jesus who now holds me accountable and I  judge myself. I haven't done anything that God should grant me a place in His Kingdom. It is Jesus that does a work in me that causes me to become a overcomer, it is His work not mine that will grant me a place in His Kingdom.  Sure all kinds hate me for my beliefs and I have been persecuted by those I thought were real close to me because of what I now believe, but still this is the work of Jesus in my life. To write a couple things I have done or gone through that would grant me a place in His kingdom, well Nelson, Jesus holds me accountable and I judge myself.  Thats all I do,

Judge myself...

R.P.J  :D

Its Gods work , not Mikes and thank God for that. John I don't think he gives us the victory, but he makes us overcomers! Any how thats how Mike sees it from Lray teachings.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 06:10:46 PM by Michael G »

Nelson Boils

No problem Michael Gackson. :D

1. stopped stealing.
2.Unfellowshiped my old church and left a lot of my friends behind.Don't have any friends now.I left them all.Every single one of them.

Well I can only think of those two for now,and of course u may read my last post as to what I went through at the church of universal where I was threatened by some 18 yr old kid.That's what the truth made me go through.

So yeah,that is what the grace of God has done for me thus far.So,like Dave,not too many great wonders or signs on my side either.Still got a long way to go.

-----------------------------------------------------

Who here is still in touch with Amelia from mexico?Wonder how she is doing with her work that she started.I ran into some post of hers.Judging by what I read from some of her work,that woman really is laying down her life.Now her story is inspiring.

Mike Gagne

No problem Michael Gackson. :D

1. stopped stealing.
2.Unfellowshiped my old church and left a lot of my friends behind.Don't have any friends now.I left them all.Every single one of them.

Well I can only think of those two for now,and of course u may read my last post as to what I went through at the church of universal where I was threatened by some 18 yr old kid.That's what the truth made me go through.

So yeah,that is what the grace of God has done for me thus far.So,like Dave,not too many great wonders or signs on my side either.Still got a long way to go.

-----------------------------------------------------

Who here is still in touch with Amelia from mexico?Wonder how she is doing with her work that she started.I ran into some post of hers.Judging by what I read from some of her work,that woman really is laying down her life.Now her story is inspiring.

No Problem Michael Gackson?  Funny when I talk like that I am held accountable right away! How about you Nelson, when you talk foolishness like that are you held
accountable?  Nelson did you really stop stealing on your own! Did you just decide one day that you would leave your church and stop fellowshipping with those friends?  You see Nelson I lived a life time of drug addictions, stealing and violence and in and out of jails and now that I no longer do that it wasn't me that stopped all that, but the work Jesus has done in my life that has caused me to overcome those things was not my doing but His. I didn't decide one day to leave my church, no Jesus called me out of that church or I would still be in it. No Nelson I don't get credit for anything, its all Jesus. I don't think differently on my own, no he teaches me to think differently. How could I a carnal man do any of this all on my own, my carnal mind hates God and wants nothing to do with Him. No Nelson its all Jesus, not me....

In Christ Mike

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member

I honestly don't think ray meant for us to talk about these sorts of things out loud because it borders on boasting (works of the flesh) and stinks of vanity.

It reminds me of the pharisees and what Christ said of them;

"Therefore when you do your alms, do not SOUND A TRUMPET before you, as the hypocrites do in the SYNAGOGUES and in the STREETS, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward" But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth: That thine ALMS may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly. (Matt 6:2-4)

Our ALMS (Giving of money to the poor or food--GOOD WORKS!) are to be done in SECRET. For what have you that you did not receive? Consider also these words of paul which are very well suited for this thread.

1 Cor 4:7 "For who maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?"

Ray's words were meant more as a personal challenge to search yourself and really find out where you fall in the grander scheme of things if God willed for you to do such searching.  It was an admonishment not to be complacent in your walk much as the apostles urged the church to be zealous of good works but certainly never to boast of them. At least that's how I understood it. Yes, we should be zealous of good works and provoke one another to those good works but not by boasting of what we have done or even what God has done in our lives UNLESS someone asks us and it serves a good purpose (I.E. encourging another, teaching another, rebuking another). Even then you don't always have to answer a question because sometimes you ought not answer a fool according to his folly.

This is important! Listen!

Proverbs 27:2 "Let another man praise thee, and not thine own mouth; a stranger, and not thine own lips."
2 Corinthians 10:18 "For it is not the one who commends himself who is approved, but the one whom the Lord commends."

This goes hand in hand with what Christ said. Do your ALMS (good works) IN SECRET and GOD will reward you openly. If SOMEONE ELSE praises you then fine but don't let it be your own lips doing the praising. That's carnal.

I believe hebrews 10 answers the question of how we are to provoke one another to good works without boasting of our own works.

Hebrews 10:23-25
Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)
And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:
Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Our higher assembling (EPISINAGOGUE 2 Thes 2:1 / "Raised us up to heavenly places in Christ" Eph 2:6) and exhorting one another. Encouraging each other can be done through many ways but I don't see it as boasting about what we have done that makes us worthy of the prize. As has been stated, we can of ourselves do nothing. Christ is the vine and we are the branches. For it is God which works in us both to will and to do of His good pleasure.

Indeed, let us all pretend we were there and reflect on the question IN SECRET. This is how I understand these things. Feel free to agree or disagree.

God bless,
Alex

P.S. If you need prayer because you're going through some tribulations and trials then by all means please do ask!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 12:47:31 AM by lilitalienboi16 »
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

John from Kentucky

Hi Michael,

Peace between you and Alex.

I do not believe his comments were aimed at you, but at the original question posed in this thread.

Have a good evening.

John
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 04:02:26 PM by John from Kentucky »

Mike Gagne

Ok John I see what your saying and I will remove, But we should also keep in mind if we are saying something we should also do what we are saying!

Sorry Alex for the misunderstanding.

Have a good night as well.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 02:01:21 AM by Michael G »

lilitalienboi16

John is correct. In fact, I did not even have you in mind Micheal when I made my post. It was directed to the original post and the title of this thread. If anyone was to be addressed it was only in admonishment and encouragement but not strife.

Peace indeed. Peace in the church of God.

God Bless,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Mike Gagne

John is correct. In fact, I did not even have you in mind Micheal when I made my post. It was directed to the original post and the title of this thread. If anyone was to be addressed it was only in admonishment and encouragement but not strife.

Peace indeed. Peace in the church of God.

God Bless,
Alex

Sorry again Alex and Amen

Nelson Boils

Great stuff Michael.You've left your life of violence and drugs.That's good what the grace of God has done in your life.

Thanx for that testimony man.

DougE6

I have enjoyed this thread so far. It is irrefutable it is Christ in us who does the works. But if we have no works that we can point too, is He doing any works in us? And if He is not, are we actually His?  Do we belong to Him?

I am not saying it needs to be anything public and amazing that causes men to honor us.

In our own private thoughts and minds, surely we if we are chosen, we can point to something that is of God causing us to die to carnality and live to Him.

This is part of judging ourselves, I would think

rick

In our own private thoughts and minds, surely we if we are chosen, we can point to something that is of God causing us to die to carnality and live to Him.

Perhaps any change in us would be so insidious that one may not be able to point to anything until years later when they can look backwards and realize they no longer are the same in respect to sinful likings.

But then again I once heard that when one sees themselves as humble they are no longer humble.
Which is the wiser thing to do? To look for a change within oneself or to trust in Christ ?

One can trust in their assumed change but trusting in Christ is a sure thing.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 23 queries.