bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Would you mind if...  (Read 3387 times)

Nelson Boils

Would you mind if...
« on: May 07, 2015, 02:24:02 PM »

Have you analysed the life of Jacob?I mean there are some rather embarrasing or bizarre stuff that happened to him.His uncle tricked him into marrying a woman he didn't love,he was married to two woman who were sisters,his elderst son slept with one of his wives.Rachel(one of the wives) even told her sister she can sleep with Jacob in return for her son's sister's mandrakes(Genesis 30:15).I mean,it's almost comical and ridiculous on how the sisters were controlling Jacob's life when it came to having children.

I''ve done some really stupid stuff in my life of which i am very embarrased about,some i'm irritated about.I think we all have done things that we are willing to share,but we've also done things that we are NOT willing to share,even with our so-called brothers or sisters.At times I look back and think,"Nelson you're stupid,why on earth did you do that?"Some stuff i've done are laughable,some are a bit more serious of course.But i'll tell you one thing, i wouldn't want God inspiring someone to write a book detailing what i've done,too embarrasing!I mean doesn't man want his achievements to be known,rather than his flaws and his loses?That's the carnal man right thur!

So here is my question:

Would you want a chapter about your life's conduct to be put in the bible then people can read about your flaws,deep dark secretes,and your embarrasing moments like Jacob?

I mean job's story is not that embarrasing,at least according to my view.

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Would you mind if...
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 04:04:53 PM »

hey nelson.  i surely wouldn't want a chapter (any chapter) of my life written in the scriptures for others to read.  too many embarrassing and downright stupid actions on my part.  BUT, that's what being made into His image is about.  burying that carnal minded heart, so that we can follow after Christ and His Way. 

i mean, i am even embarrassed, mortified, and ashamed when i confess them to my Lord God in secret.  no way would i want them published for the world to see.

praise God for grabbing me by the hair and dragging my sorry behind to Him. 

claudia

p.s.  a quick welcome to you nelson.  stay safe in jo'burg.

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Would you mind if...
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2015, 03:03:17 PM »

".I mean,it's almost comical and ridiculous on how the sisters were controlling Jacob's life when it came to having children."

Hi Nelson
Nothing new under the sun Nelson. Men and women are no different today that back in Jacob's time. People act out of envy and jealousy and pride of life just as they always have.

I'm looking forward to the time when we have much improved transparency between individuals. A time when everyone knows our business and we live carefully, lovingly and with compassion for the real needs of others. Why do we need so many secrets? If we do well, won't we be rewarded?

Indianabob
I

So here is my question:

Would you want a chapter about your life's conduct to be put in the bible then people can read about your flaws,deep dark secretes,and your embarrasing moments like Jacob?

I mean job's story is not that embarrasing,at least according to my view.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.