bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Billy Graham  (Read 18578 times)

ciy

Re: Billy Graham
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2006, 12:16:52 PM »

The article in Newsweek said that Billy Graham did not begin to change his belief until 2002 when the Nixon tapes were released.  I had no idea BG had started this change back in 97.  I thought this new direction was a chink in his religious armor and had the possibility of directing him to the whole truth.  Apparently it is a much slower process for him.

I still think this movement in his belief shows that BG is like a lot of us who know that religion's doctrine is not right he just cannot completely let go of all the traditions of man that he has preached for 60 years.  I think it is also interesting that probably over 90% of his followers do not know of his belief change.  I do not want to make too much of the accuracy or depths of his new beliefs, I just love to see how God works in lives and it just sometimes gives greater strength when we see a known personality change in a direction toward the truth.  This may be the early stages of a complete conversion to the truth.  From your interview to the Newsweek article, it certainly looks like BG is wrestling with the truth.  I love God's plan.
CIY  
PS - Bobby you posted while I was writing.  I think we are seeing a man deep in doctrine wrestling with the truth and using his own understanding to figure it out.  Amazing he goes from believing Jesus is the only way to believing he is not, but I pray that God will reveal to him that Jesus is the only way.  It is just a different process from the 11 second pray way he preached for so many years.

Andy_MI

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2006, 12:39:47 PM »

I say let us pray for God's will in his life!!!

bobby

Amen brother! That's an excellent idea!

Beloved

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2006, 10:43:27 PM »

Did anyone see DateLine on Sunday and the feature about the preacher Carlton Pearson.

When he was watching the suffering in Rowanda, he got the revelation that there was no Hell and that All would be saved. He started preaching it .

It was interesting but no surprise to see the responses from the major players. To be expected most of his congregation left him, he could not pay for his church and was evicted and he also lost the support of his "friends"  I would love to read the multipage letter from his mentor Oral Roberts.

Well it will be interesting if God reveals more to Mr Pearson.

Beloved

ciy

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2006, 01:00:30 AM »

Topaz

I started this thread simply because I thought it was great news to see someone of Billy Graham's history still seeking more truths in the scriptures.  And it appears to me that he has taken a giant step in the right direction.  I still think it is remarkable after listening to many of his past sermons more than once to see what God is doing to him at 80 something years old.  Example of the greatness of God.

It has nothing to do with whether this forum is UR or not.  Read all of Ray's stuff and see what you think. 

I do believe that everyone will be in "heaven" (see Ray's writing) and not "hell" (see Ray's writing) at different times and all will be reconciled to God in the lake of fire.

CIY

ciy

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2006, 09:49:51 AM »

Topaz

Do not get me wrong.  I do not think you spoke out of turn or anything.  Do not restrain yourself when you have a question or idea.
God Bless you for your curiousity and the desires of your heart.

CIY

Bill

« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2006, 02:32:48 PM »

Did anyone see DateLine on Sunday and the feature about the preacher Carlton Pearson.

When he was watching the suffering in Rowanda, he got the revelation that there was no Hell and that All would be saved. He started preaching it .

It was interesting but no surprise to see the responses from the major players. To be expected most of his congregation left him, he could not pay for his church and was evicted and he also lost the support of his "friends"  I would love to read the multipage letter from his mentor Oral Roberts.

Well it will be interesting if God reveals more to Mr Pearson.

Beloved

I heard about it and set the PVR to record it but have not had the chance to watch it yet.

Now you peaked my interest some more.  Maybe tonight.

Bill

gmik

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2006, 12:46:19 AM »

Just go to NBC or MSNBC to their Dateline page and you can watch the entire interview.  I am very familiar with Carlton Pearson and his Inclusionist idea.  Ray Definelty says he is NOT a universalist.

Ray also has said about BG that the bible says we will be hated of all people and persecuted......BG has more accolades and rewards and honor bestowed on him than anyone....so you decide....(ps, I just listened to his audio on the kingdom and this is where he talks about BG-can get it on www.aonios.com-not sure of that spelling) You can still get audios from Ray on Mike's site.  Also Joe mentioned the google site for 2 videos.

ciy, bless your heart!! Yes, all you did was get excited that a "great man of God" might be catching on.  As a pentecostal, we all thought he was secretly speaking in other tongues and believed healing is for today. I would love for people to catch on...but I think the chosen are a very small group.   Ray goes WAY beyond UR in opening up the truth of scripture.

But that pales to the commandments-Love God and Your neighbor.  Thats where its at!

Love ya all and appreciate all your comments all the time.  Even Sorin and Feat bless me. I always learn something.  (where did I get off on this??)   Gena

Bill

MSNBC Link
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2006, 07:52:46 PM »

Just go to NBC or MSNBC to their Dateline page and you can watch the entire interview.  I am very familiar with Carlton Pearson and his Inclusionist idea.  Ray Definelty says he is NOT a universalist.

To Hell And Back

Bill

gmik

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2006, 09:39:18 PM »

Thanks Bill.  I don't know how to do that! The youtubes and where people just say look "here" and it is a link. Amazes me.

Bill

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2006, 10:37:25 PM »

Thanks Bill.  I don't know how to do that! The youtubes and where people just say look "here" and it is a link. Amazes me.

This is what I typed to creat the above link

Code: [Select]
[url=http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14337492/]To Hell And Back[/url]
Bill

gmik

« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2006, 11:06:36 PM »

Bill, where did you get the code from??

deejcop

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2006, 03:16:35 AM »

I watched the Dateline episode with Carlton Pearson. Before I came to the knowledge of the truths of God, I was a BIG fan of Pearson's. That man KNEW how to preach, and really used to break down the word like no other. I watched his appearance on TBN back in 2003 when he presented his new revelation(I wasn't quite converted at that time, but he did interest me with what he said). Of course, that would be his last appearance on TBN. On the Dateline segment, he showed great remorse, and even shed a few tears, when he talked about how Oral Roberts shunned him after Pearson's paradigm shift. And his story about how the church in San Francisco treated him when he went there to preach was very heartwarming. I am a bit disheartened though by his doctrine of inclusion. I don't think he believes that people who haven't come to Christ have to go through the Lake of Fire at all...there saved regardless. And worse, he DOES believe that those who have tasted the good works of God and have been saved, but "backslide", are bound for hell.

I do have to say that despite all that he's lost after revealing his new beliefs, he certainly has held fast in his convictions, even though that loss was tremendous.

Bill

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2006, 12:08:20 PM »

Bill, where did you get the code from??

When posting you will see this icon - .  Highlight what you want to be a link then hit that button.  That will surrond your text with the URL code.

Bill

gmik

« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2006, 01:42:53 PM »

Thanks Bill.  You know I have never even looked at these icons.  I will have todo some experimenting.

MG

« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2006, 05:26:54 PM »

I have a real love for Carlton Pearson and watched him go further into deception after he got married. I thought that TBN really corrupted him. I didn't hear that he changed his beliefs. I still pray for him.

dogcombat

« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2006, 01:21:16 PM »

I think Billy Graham and Carlton Pearson have one thing in common with the rest of us.  They (like us) are all works in progress.  Meaning God isn't finished with them yet.  Naturally, when Holy Spirit reveals the truths of the Word of God, those who wish to share those truths will always run in to opposition (which is "where the trouble starts") from the carnally minded leaders of christiandom. 

I think that as both Graham and Pearson study the scriptures, they will clearly understand them better "by and by".  Because the Lord scourges every son he receives, they'll most likely feel (especially Pearson) every cannon is aimed at them.  But this is part of growing in Christ, and I don't think they would want it any other way.

Ches
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.