bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: The Rapture  (Read 7779 times)

John from Kentucky

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
The Rapture
« on: May 14, 2015, 02:08:43 PM »

Since no one has posted in a couple of days, I assume everyone has been spirited away to heaven.

If there are any sinners besides me left behind, please stay in contact.   :'(

lilitalienboi16

Re: The Rapture
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 02:12:59 PM »

Since no one has posted in a couple of days, I assume everyone has been spirited away to heaven.

If there are any sinners besides me left behind, please stay in contact.   :'(

Still here John! Not as righteous as I thought myself to be I guess ;)

Les nouvelles: I am now in Virginia, if anyone is in the area. I'm in lynchburg. I don't start school until July 31st... Just passing the time being lazy mostly...
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 06:49:53 PM »

I was in the rapture but I purchased a return ticket. I forgot to tick the box fly one way. Guess I will know better next time  ;D

Rhys
🤫

wat

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 10:20:56 PM »

lol, I was thinking the same thing. Even stranger, whenever I visited the forum, I was the only member listed in the "users active in the last 15 minutes" section.

indianabob

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2015, 11:33:23 PM »

Maybe we should hand out leaflets at the shopping mall.

I used to hand out PT magazines  to anyone who would take a quick look.  (smile)

But that was way long before computers or email

I-bob

microlink

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 12:09:45 AM »

Hey, I-bob
I also stacked the PT magazine in 5 locations in the city where I lived in the late seventies.
I think the readership was well over a million.
 :)

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2015, 12:52:35 AM »

What is PT? O.o
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

indianabob

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2015, 02:47:27 AM »

PT stands for
Worldwide Church of God.
Plain Truth Magazine.
World Tomorrow magazine

7th day Sabbath observance.
Seven annual holy days.
three tithes
1. 10% for "church"
2. 10% for attending holy day observance. Living well as it would be in World Tomorrow.
3. 10% widows and orphans, on the 3rd & 6th years of a 7 year cycle. About 22.8% average per year.
Plus the Pasadena Temple building fund.
Plus Federal income tax, State income tax, State sales tax. Local property tax.

Many heads of households tried to comply, some more successfully than others.
Very few really complied 100%. We had kids to feed. And a lot of concealed guilt.

Doug

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2015, 08:59:25 AM »

Hi Bob,

One thing we learned in the WCG was to live frugally. That was a positive we can take from our experience with the church. If more learned to live below their means they would relieve themselves of many burdens. There are too many constantly telling people they deserve this thing or that thing.

Doug

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2015, 12:35:00 PM »

PT stands for
Worldwide Church of God.
Plain Truth Magazine.
World Tomorrow magazine

Seven annual holy days.
three tithes
1. 10% for "church"
2. 10% for attending holy day observance. Living well as it would be in World Tomorrow.
3. 10% widows and orphans, on the 3rd & 6th years of a 7 year cycle. About 22.8% average per year.

Very few really complied 100%. We had kids to feed. And a lot of concealed guilt.

Makes the interest on my federal student loans i'm taking out seem like change in the tithing basket ;)  ;D

microlink

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2015, 02:02:46 PM »

PT stands for
Worldwide Church of God.
Plain Truth Magazine.
World Tomorrow magazine

Seven annual holy days.
three tithes
1. 10% for "church"

It was all about works of the law. Really works of the flesh also. This ideology hurt many people, stress, finger pointing, divorce issue, kids confused (they are perceptive) ,  etc. Meanwhile the leadership partook of the rich and famous life style. Sad story, but it is all part of the process of "come out of her my people".
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 12:06:00 AM by microlink »

HoneyLamb56

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2015, 10:47:31 AM »

guess I wasn't one of the called; was lurking incognito

my parents still subscribe to PT or World Tomorrow mag; whatever it's now called; even after I told them about WCG they still believe in what is published; they are 80 so no changing their minds lol

Joel

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2015, 03:22:46 AM »

I remember thumbing through Plain Truth Magazine at the barber shop when I was a kid back in the sixties.
It was in a small stack of magazines on the couch with Field and Stream and other manly type of reading material where you sat to wait your turn to get a hair cut.
I also listened to G.T.A. a few times on the radio.
Since I can remember those occasions it must have made some impression.

Joel

indianabob

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2015, 06:53:40 PM »

Hi Honeylamb,
With God ALL things are possible.  ;D

Even 80 year old people may be called and changed. There is always hope. However, with the knowledge we have been given we don't need to be concerned. We know that God shall do His own will and surely shall change those folks, when the time is right....

Hey look what he did with me after 30 years in worldwide.  ::)
Just remember as I do, that God is NOT afraid of a serious challenge. I was certainly that!
Indiana bob

my parents still subscribe to PT or World Tomorrow mag; whatever it's now called; even after I told them about WCG they still believe in what is published; they are 80 so no changing their minds lol

microlink

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2015, 11:24:29 PM »

Hello dear Canadian,

I do not really like the word Canuck  :)

Some few go back many years being in the WWCG. We all thought we were the only ones called and chosen of all Christians. very pompous and arrogant. Exclusivist for sure. Some still cling to that doctrine espoused by the WWCG and it seems like your parents still do. They probably follow this group (link below) which claims to be the off shoot of HWA.

deleted

Sad to see some still cling to that. I remember Ray saying that to eventually come to a true understanding of God's work in us we had to go through a system like that or something similar. i.e. come out of her my people!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 12:27:43 AM by microlink »

John from Kentucky

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2015, 12:21:18 AM »

Hello dear Canadian,

I do not really like the word Canuck  :)

Some few go back many years being in the WWCG. We all thought we were the only ones called and chosen of all Christians. very pompous and arrogant. Exclusivist for sure. Some still cling to that doctrine espoused by the WWCG and it seems like your parents still do. They probably follow this group (link below) which claims to be the off shoot of HWA.

Sad to see some still cling to that. I remember Ray saying that to eventually come to a true understanding of God's work in us we had to go through a system like that or something similar. i.e. come out of her my people!

If you oppose WWCG teachings (and rightly so), why do you provide a link to those false teachings, which is against Forum rules?

microlink

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2015, 12:27:04 AM »

So sorry

John from Kentucky

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2015, 12:58:43 AM »

So sorry

Sorry to be so preachy, but WWCG teachings really set me off.

When I was a member, as a young man, my firstborn son had a hernia at birth.
I decided to take him to a surgeon to repair the hernia, which was against church teaching.

The minister told me not to be surprised if God let my son die because of my lack of faith in God alone for healing.  Most of the other church members looked down on me for my action.

It was a good experience for me.  It is one of the reasons I have no use for church, ministers, or religious people.

microlink

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2015, 12:07:02 PM »

Well said JFK.

lareli

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2015, 12:33:29 PM »

I'd never heard of this World Wide Church before coming on this forum. But it seems that the majority of regular posters on this forum have come from there.. I've never had experience with the type of church most of you've come from. This may explain why some of us do not have certain feelings about attending a church service while others may feel very strongly about church service.

I remember a guy teaching a bible study at my old church about how Hell isn't real... Also heard a bible study about how tithing isn't scriptural... Some churches are more manipulative and controlling than others.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 01:45:33 PM by largeli »
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 23 queries.