bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Solving The Enigma Of God  (Read 4357 times)

zarlareignofthefairies

Solving The Enigma Of God
« on: May 16, 2015, 11:18:09 PM »

I know I'm asking a lot of questions but I'm curious. I just read L. Ray Smith's paper "Solving The Enigma of God" where he taught on the name of God but he said that it was only a smaller " enigma of God " but he also mentioned that he was in the process of or planning to write another paper on " The Greater Enigma Of God ". Did he ever teach on that? Was he ever able to say what that was before his death? What is the " Greater Enigma Of God " ? Thanks, Jonathan

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Solving The Enigma Of God
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 12:25:55 AM »

I know I'm asking a lot of questions but I'm curious. I just read L. Ray Smith's paper "Solving The Enigma of God" where he taught on the name of God but he said that it was only a smaller " enigma of God " but he also mentioned that he was in the process of or planning to write another paper on " The Greater Enigma Of God ". Did he ever teach on that? Was he ever able to say what that was before his death? What is the " Greater Enigma Of God " ? Thanks, Jonathan

He was not able to complete that paper before he passed. I do believe there is a like minded consensus amongst ourselves as to where ray was going with it but it was never put down onto paper.

Ray did say that he believes the scriptures together make the biography of God while Jesus Christ is the auto-biography of God. He said meditate on that for a years and it will come to you. It is perhaps one of the single best descriptions of God in modern terms that we have today which brings everything together in my humble opinion.

God bless,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

zarlareignofthefairies

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 07:17:01 PM »

Hey Alex,

Is it kind of like what Ray said in his video " Does God Learn " where Ray talks about the struggle and travail God went through when He birthed wisdom ? That the scriptures tell a story of what happened before the world was ? Also, I wonder what happened between Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:2 where it says God created the heavens and the earth and the earth became void and without form ? Thanks, Jonathan.

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2015, 08:26:44 PM »

Hey Alex,

Is it kind of like what Ray said in his video " Does God Learn " where Ray talks about the struggle and travail God went through when He birthed wisdom ? That the scriptures tell a story of what happened before the world was ? Also, I wonder what happened between Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:2 where it says God created the heavens and the earth and the earth became void and without form ? Thanks, Jonathan.

Yes, God birthing wisdom certainly gives us some idea about the pain and longsuffering of our great God and Saviour. That very, VERY, hard work that God did before the creation even existed so that we could be called sons and daughters of His.

Similarly consider too that God overcame some kind of evil during His existance before creation ever was seeing as how God is good and in Him there is no evil yet despite this He possess the knowledge of evil. Where did that knowledge come from for Him to make it apart of this creation?

We are very limited in our understanding of these things that happened before the creation was as there is not very much in scripture about this time and even what is there must be gleaned with tremendous spiritual wisdom.

Ray talks in great detail about Genesis in his audio on the creation from a conference he did: http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,9502.0.html

Genesis 1:1 more properly reads, "In the beginning God had already created [Heb: Bara] the heavens and the earth."

With the necessary pieces in place God began His work of making [Heb: Asah] the heavens and the earth.

God bless,
Alex

1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 19 queries.