bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will we ever have free will?  (Read 4631 times)

zarlareignofthefairies

Will we ever have free will?
« on: May 16, 2015, 11:26:40 PM »

Maybe this will be the last question I have for a while ( until I come up with new ones) :) After reading Mr. Smith's articles on the fact that man doesn't have free will it makes me wonder, WILL WE EVER HAVE FREE WILL?! When Jesus appears and we are like Him will we finally have free will? Also there are passages in the Old Testament concerning " Free Will Offerings ". What does that mean? I know there's got to be an answer. Thanks, Jonathan   

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Will we ever have free will?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 11:53:02 PM »

See as not even God has "free" will because He works everything after the LAW of His own will makes it hard for me to see a time when we would ever have it.

God bless,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 12:44:12 AM »

We will never do a thing, make a choice between things, have a thought or feel an emotion which is 'free' from cause, and ultimately free from God.  If that thought makes you happy, then you 'get it'.   :D
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

indianabob

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 12:55:05 AM »

I agree Alex, when we are given bodies and character similar to that of the Lord Jesus we will not want "free will" or a will, a desire, a thinking process apart from the perfect will of God. Instead we will come to know God more perfectly and learn that God's ways are already perfect, needing no improvement that is within our poor power to grant.

Young men have a natural desire and even the ability to advise their parents on situations with which the parent is not familiar or has never experienced. So with humanity, giving respectful advice to ones elders is often appropriate. With God this is not so.

As we live through the centuries in the ages to come we will learn many things and improve our understanding continuously, however our God is so far beyond anything we can know that we will never catch up. Father God will ALWAYS enjoy the pleasure of teaching us things we cannot even imagine.

Indiana bob

zarlareignofthefairies

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2015, 07:23:43 PM »

Thanks everyone. I guess that also answers my question concerning the " free will offerings " as well. All of our actions are directed by God so even then it would've been Him causing the worshipper to give a free will offering. Jonathan

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2015, 12:07:28 PM »

Thanks everyone. I guess that also answers my question concerning the " free will offerings " as well. All of our actions are directed by God so even then it would've been Him causing the worshipper to give a free will offering. Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

You're thinking is definitely correct!

Free will offering is better understood as a "voluntary offering." God loves a cheerful giver but that does not mean we give without a cause. Every human action has a cause and therefor is not "FREE." Remember humanity was SUBJECT to VANITY (moral futility). That's pretty powerful statement!

Here is ray talking about "free will offering" in an email:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,5158.msg40763.html#msg40763
Free Will
« on: August 05, 2007, 12:12:44 PM »
I had a christian tell me that they have free will to choose jesus and do anything and they provided two scriptures.

Ezra 7:13 "I make a decree, that all they of the people of Isreal, and of his priests and Lavites, in my realm, which are minded of "THEIR OWN FREEWILL" to go up to Jerusalem, go with thee."

Ezra 7:16 "And all the silver and gold that thou canst find in all the province of Babylon, with the FREEWIIL offering of the people, and of the priests, offering WILLINGLY for the house of their God which is in Jerusalem."

Pslam 119:108 "Accept, I beseech thee, the FREEWILL offerings of my mouth, O Lord, and teach me thy judgements."

what is your opinion?

Jerry

Dear Jerry:  The words "free will" do NOT prove the "doctrine of free moral agency" by any means. The words translated "freewill offering," merely means a "VOLUNTARY" offering, not one that is demanded. And those going to Jerusalem of their own "freewill" just mean their "OWN WILL," the word "free" has absolutely nothing to do with this verse, and many Translations do not use the word "free" will, but merely by their 'OWN WILL."
God be with you,
Ray
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

God bless,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

CEO

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2015, 01:38:30 PM »

Hi Jonathan

Concerning free will;  do you want it?  Why?

Askseeknock

Charles O

rick

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2015, 01:49:15 PM »

According to Ray’s teaching on cause and effect of the human will I believe that whatever it is that one does is doing so because of whatever cause is causing that one to do so. I believe God is the cause of all things as Ray had taught us and all things are according to His will and purpose.

Ray pointed out that we can go against God’s will when he mentioned how God said to Moses, tell pharaoh let my people go but God told Moses I will harden his heart. Here Ray gave a great example of God stated will and God’s purpose, and so God caused Pharaoh to go against His stated will.

Ray also taught us that no one can ever go against Gods purpose, as I meditate on these things I find ( my own personal belief ) if its God’s purpose to go against His will then one will go against His will and also if its God’s purpose that one does not go against His will then one will not go against His will.

I find there are no options in the course of one’s life outside of God’s will or purpose, one is either a vessel of honor or dishonor by God’s choice.

I know that all vessels of dishonor will be attending the white thrown judgement but what I’m wondering are the rest, God’s elect?

Kat

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2015, 02:09:22 PM »

Hi Rick,

Well we know that the elect are only a few that will serve with Christ to save the rest of humanity, but we also know that there are all those righteous from the OT and some were mentioned in Hebrews 11, who died in faith NOT receiving the promise (verse 39). And as you were saying there are many others, that are not among the chosen but who are not wicked, weak to the carnal flesh and sinners yes, but not really wicked. Then I noticed a Scripture that seems to suggest something about these.

Mat 8:11  And I say to you that many will come from east and west, and sit down with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven.

Luke 13:28  There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, and yourselves thrust out.

We can understand that Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob lived before salvation came through Christ Jesus, so they cannot be among the elect. So what about what these verses "Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom"?

Well if you think about it, certainly those people were not enemies of God, they served Him faithful during their past life on earth. So when those people come up in the 2nd resurrection, the white throne judgment, will they be put back into God's service, with many others as well, in the physically/earthly aspect of the kingdom when Christ rules the earth?

Rev 21:3  And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, "Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God.

I can see how the elect will serve as powerful, glorious, spiritual rulers with Christ... but I would think there would need to be a lot of administrative workers, so to speak, who are already trusted and proven from their past life. Maybe there will be a whole physical aspect to the kingdom... that does seem to be what is indicated in those Scripture in Matthew and Luke.

All of this is being worked out by God that His plan may be carried out exactly as He ordained it to be. Most live our lives totally unaware of the Master Planner behind the scenes.

Pro 16:9  A man's heart plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps.

Pro 19:21  Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the LORD that will stand.

I think it is good to think about these things, better than dwelling on the mess of this world.

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 02:59:27 PM by Kat »

rick

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2015, 02:51:42 PM »

Hi Kat,

I did forget when writing about those who died in the service of God before Christ came in the flesh.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2015, 11:02:53 PM »

The harlots and tax-collectors will be in the Kingdom before the scribes and Pharisees.  There is an order to these things, and He knows exactly what He is doing.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 23 queries.