bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can we hear the story before the story?  (Read 3470 times)

octoberose

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Can we hear the story before the story?
« on: May 07, 2015, 11:54:36 PM »

Dear Moderators and 'old timers' ;)

In the scheme of things this isn't important, but I've wondered for a long time how bible truths came to be and specifically Ray's 'biography' if you will. I know he was married, I know he had children and lost his young son. I think I know he was part of the WWC (which I had never heard of before bible truths). Of course I know he was a roofer. But what is his story? When did the Holy Spirit get a hold of him and teach him all that he knew? And Dennis, was bible truths your idea? How was the website received in the beginning? Considering everything on the web about it and Ray I can only imagine.
I don't want to breach anyones privacy, but I think what I'm asking is not a secret or a confidence. I know more about the apostle Paul then I know about Ray! 
 The last thing I read from Ray was a Mothers Day greeting to us in the weeks before he died. I always thought that was an especially kind hearted thing to do.  :)

lilitalienboi16

Re: Can we hear the story before the story?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2015, 12:40:53 AM »

In the scheme of things this isn't important, but I've wondered for a long time how bible truths came to be and specifically Ray's 'biography' if you will. I know he was married, I know he had children and lost his young son. I think I know he was part of the WWC (which I had never heard of before bible truths). Of course I know he was a roofer. But what is his story? When did the Holy Spirit get a hold of him and teach him all that he knew? And Dennis, was bible truths your idea? How was the website received in the beginning? Considering everything on the web about it and Ray I can only imagine.
I don't want to breach anyones privacy, but I think what I'm asking is not a secret or a confidence. I know more about the apostle Paul then I know about Ray! 
 The last thing I read from Ray was a Mothers Day greeting to us in the weeks before he died. I always thought that was an especially kind hearted thing to do.  :)

Sorry Rose that I'm not answering your question here but your words reminded me of an old observation once made about ray's last post to us all here:

Jesus' last words to His apostle were also about mother(s). Specifically, His mother. Nevertheless... mothers!

John 19:26-28

26 When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son!
27 Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.
28 After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled, saith, I thirst.
29 Now there was set a vessel full of vinegar: and they filled a spunge with vinegar, and put it upon hyssop, and put it to his mouth.
30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

I always found that pretty neat!

God bless,
Alex
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 12:44:54 AM by lilitalienboi16 »
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2015, 12:45:42 PM »

You have most of it. I started the site after Ray wrote the Exposing paper and it has never been well received except for a relatively select few.

We get about 1000 new people a day coming to the site and 99+% reject what they see.

repottinger

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2015, 01:33:23 PM »

I didn't know that you had actually started the site, Dennis; thank you so much for all of the effort that that must have taken, and for continuing to do so much to spread God's true Word. What you said about the vast majority rejecting it isn't surprising, but I think that a thousand people a day visiting the site is absolutely amazing!
Your brother in Christ,
Randy
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 02:09:27 AM by repottinger »

octoberose

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2015, 12:46:38 AM »

Stunning that so many people reject what is so plain. Do they write in to you in the same way they did at the beginning ?   It's so hard for me to understand it. I told a good friend of mine recently that there is no hell in the old testament- hades is the grave, not a place of torture. My friend was So appreative to know that since both her parents have recently died as nonbelivers. Just that one little thing made sense to her. That's why we have to keep telling the Truth!

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2015, 07:43:58 AM »

The majority reject the truth. As Ray said this book was not intended for the masses of humanity to understand it.

Most look to understand with there own intellect. It's up to God's spirit to reveal His truth.

As wonderful as it is with the amount that visit we need to understand the few and the many. It's all in God's time.

I'm just glad God used Ray the way He did.

Rhys
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 07:46:34 AM by Rhys »
🤫

Joel

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2015, 05:11:17 PM »

I agree Rhys, "It's all in God's time."
I sorta look at it from a fishing point of view.

Joel
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 25 queries.