bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prayer Request  (Read 3447 times)

repottinger

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Prayer Request
« on: May 18, 2015, 04:34:02 PM »

Hello all,
I would like to send a prayer request for my mother, who had a non-cancerous tumor on her pituitary gland removed last spring. (She’s doing well, but is 86 years old and has probably permanently lost the ability to do many of the things that she could before the surgery.) I would really appreciate prayers from anyone who feels led to do so.
Thank you very much.
Your brother in Christ,
Randy

cheekie3

Re: Prayer Request
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 06:22:48 AM »

Randy -

I will pray for your mother; and I am sure most if not all who read your post will.

May the Lord God richly Bless and Grace your mother.

George.

virginiabm

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 11:17:50 AM »

Praying.

repottinger

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 04:12:37 PM »

Thank you very much, George; I have no doubt that what you said about the other members praying is true.
Sincerely,
Randy
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 02:14:04 AM by repottinger »

repottinger

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 04:14:02 PM »

Thank you so much, Virginia; we both really appreciate it.
Sincerely,
Randy
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 02:14:28 AM by repottinger »

Joel

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2015, 10:16:51 PM »

Hi Randy,
I know that a lot of people at that age aren't very active, and some are not mobile at all.
I know that from experience with my own mother that passed away at 85 in the year 2001.
It could help if we knew what her frame of mind and physical abilities are as you see things.
Or we could pray a prayer asking that the LORD'S will be done.
Either way, I pray that good things happen for her.

Joel

repottinger

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2015, 12:33:31 AM »

I’m very sorry about your mother, Joel; my father also passed away back at the end of  1995 at age 71, so she’s been alone and relying on me for a lot of things for quite a few years. I agree with you about lack of mobility in older people; I should have mentioned that she’s had significantly decreased balance and ability to walk since the surgery, which is probably her main limitation besides lack of energy. (She can definitely still stand and walk and things like that, but you can see that she’s much more prone to possibly losing her balance than before.) She also has type II diabetes (which is controlled fairly well with oral medicine) and macular degeneration, which unfortunately has severely impacted her vision. (That’s probably the main thing that she complains about; otherwise, she’s in fairly good spirits.) I’m home with her almost constantly (which, I think, also helps her to maintain her mood); otherwise, she would have to be in a nursing home (which my brother and I definitely want to avoid if at all possible). I’m just thankful to God that we’re able to maintain this arrangement, at least for now. Anyway, thank you very much for asking about my situation, Joel; I truly appreciate your thoughts and prayers.
Sincerely,
Randy
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 02:15:01 AM by repottinger »

Joel

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2015, 08:16:48 AM »

Thanks Randy,
I would encourage your mother to use a walker or at least a cane when she gets up to walk, especially if there is nobody there when she does have to get up, if she isn't already.
My mother fell and broke a hip, that was her biggest set back.
I pulled back muscles myself some time ago and was surprised just how much using a cane benefited me when getting up and walking. Thank the Lord my back is fine now.
I think the fact that you and your family are able to keep her at home is very helpful as far as her mental wellbeing is concerned.

May the LORD bless.

Joel

repottinger

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2015, 04:43:13 PM »

You’re very welcome, Joel, and thank you for the excellent suggestion for her to use a cane or walker when alone. She actually used a walker for a while after the operation, but didn’t continue because she felt confident that she didn’t need to. I totally agree that using a cane when alone would be a great preventative practice for her (and I have one near to her so that she can do so if she wants to), but she also feels confident not to do so (unfortunately, I feel). And, yes, I think you hit the nail on the head regarding elderly people falling and breaking their hips; that’s definitely our no. 1 fear. (I’m really sorry about your mom; its’ just so sad when something like that happens to someone at that age.)
I’m happy that your own back is fine now (I’m sure that any type of chronic pain is so difficult to live with), and, yes, we totally agree with you about being at home being good for her mental well-being.   
Thank you again for all of your suggestions and concerns.
Sincerely,
Randy
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 02:15:41 AM by repottinger »

daywalker

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2015, 09:49:21 PM »

My thoughts and prayers are with you!!

My mom is turning 68 this year, and though she is relatively healthy, I know that dreadful day is creeping up when I have to say goodbye for a while (until the resurrection). It's a very sad and scary thought!

Daywalker

repottinger

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2015, 02:31:56 AM »

Yes, Daywalker, I know what you mean; despite what we know, it's impossible on our human level to totally put those kinds of emotions aside.
Anyway, thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers; I'm happy to hear that your mother is doing well.
Sincerely,
Randy
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 02:16:12 AM by repottinger »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 24 queries.