bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: I discovered it was all in vain.  (Read 12291 times)

Kat

Re: I discovered it was all in vain.
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2015, 10:06:46 PM »

Hi Rick,

Mat 5:14  "You are the light of the world. A city located on a hill can't be hidden.
v. 15  People don't light a lamp and put it under a basket but on a lamp stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house.
v. 16  In the same way, let your light shine before people in such a way that they will see your good actions and glorify your Father in heaven."

I brought this Scripture because I believe that we can be witnesses of the truth (light) by the way we live, the things we say and our conduct before others. This is how we let our "light shine" to any and everyone sees that we are overcoming the flesh by living this truth and putting on Christ.

Mat 7:6  "Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces.

I have been in situations where I disagreed with what was being said and I said so, I think people may think you agree if you remain silent, but I seldom go further, certainly don't get up and preach to them. I believe throwing our pearls before swine is when you speak these precious truths before people that have shown no indication that they desire to know these things or throwing these truth out to random people your around hoping somebody will get it and believe it, IMO that's what that Scripture is speaking of.

God knows those few chosen to be His elect, before the foundation of the world and I believe He has been preparing and dealing with them all their lives. Even with those God does not open their eyes until He is ready to show them these truths and He can certainly show them where to find BT and this group whenever He desires.

Eph 1:3  Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ,
v. 4  just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love,
v. 5  having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will,
v. 6  to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Mike Gagne

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2015, 03:41:18 AM »

Thats right Kat! He opens are eyes here a little, there little. Precept upon precept, line upon line. I agree with you Kat that God Knows His Elect and has been dealing with them there whole lives!

Psa 44:19  Though thou hast sore broken us in the place of dragons, and covered us with the shadow of death...

You just don't come here and believe these teaching on your own! God certainly has to bring you here and open your eyes to the truths being taught at these two web sites, forums bible truths and exposing those who contradict. I know a few christian that have read some of LRays teachings and said he doesn't have a clue what he's talking about. They  came and they were kept from the truth, God never opened there eyes. Its not for them yet, each in their own order...  Thanks Kat    :D

Joel

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2015, 12:47:58 PM »

Hi Rick,
The way I see it if we are lead by the Spirit of God, nothing he has us to do is in vain.
There are some Jehovah's Witnesses that have been leaving material at my front door lately when we aren't at home.
I have some of Ray's material printed out also, and intend to give it to them if we are home the next time they come knocking. I won't be disappointed if they don't bite, it's all in God's hands.

Joel

lareli

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2015, 03:02:49 PM »

Rick you don't think we have 10 years left till the end of the age.. If I were to agree with you I'd be a date setter... If I disagreed I'd be a fool. May He come quickly.
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

rickylittleton

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2015, 09:10:18 PM »

The most folks that I have any dealing with, and that include most my family, are the church folks! And dealing with them for most of the time that I met Ray and came across his teaching on the salvation of all, I have learned one thing; Folks are going to believe what they believe until God Himself open their eyes! And that's the way it is! Tim

rick

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2015, 10:59:02 PM »

I have been in situations where I disagreed with what was being said and I said so, I think people may think you agree if you remain silent, but I seldom go further,

Hello Kat,

Sounds like good advise, at least it would be easier that way. I felt compelled to tell my friends the truth, the thing now to do is not say anything further unless they ask me to explain why I believe as I do but for the most part, I placed in their hand a great book full of truth, what they do with is up to God and God only.

I will also like to say maybe God was showing me through my friends that for once in my life I was steadfast in my understanding an belief in my God given truth laid out by Ray.

For the first time in my spiritual life or belief my foundation was not shaken and filled with doubt because of their disbelief of these truths that we here at B.T. have come to understand and cherish. Maybe that’s what God was showing me, that no longer am I a leaf in the wind but now have a sure foundation to plant my feet upon.   :)

rick

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2015, 11:16:01 PM »

Hi Rick,
The way I see it if we are lead by the Spirit of God, nothing he has us to do is in vain.

Hi Joel,

Only now can I see my threat title was worded poorly and without much thought.
Surely your right about that. I’m beginning to think it wasn’t about my friends as much as it was  about me, my whole life was lived as doubting Tomas.

Always doubting what I was being taught about God or at least going back and forth with it, only now can I see God caused me to always doubt, somehow He protected me and reserved me for a much later time in my life and that time is now.

I think many can relate to these things I say.

rick

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2015, 11:22:12 PM »

Rick you don't think we have 10 years left till the end of the age.. If I were to agree with you I'd be a date setter... If I disagreed I'd be a fool. May He come quickly.

Hi Largeli,

I know not the day or hour but my personal belief is we are in the day’s of Noah and the kingdom of God is at hand. I don’t have two scriptures to back that statement up and if someone tells you they do don’t believe them.   :)

rick

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2015, 11:29:12 PM »

Folks are going to believe what they believe until God Himself open their eyes! And that's the way it is! Tim

Hello Tim,

That is so true Tim but we are blessed to understand this no free will thing , and only God can change our mind and heart and until then we remain the same made in vanity people we are.

octoberose

« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2015, 03:44:49 AM »

I too have spoken of our beliefs when it seems the right thing to do.  If someone asks me sbout it, then I can speak in greater detail.
  Rick, you said in your first post " and the number of God’s elect is 144,000 " . It is not your understanding that is a literal number, is it? Ray taught all those numbers signified something else. just hoped you could clarify.

rick

« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2015, 08:35:19 AM »

Rick, you said in your first post " and the number of God’s elect is 144,000 " . It is not your understanding that is a literal number, is it? Ray taught all those numbers signified something else. just hoped you could clarify.

Hello Octoberose,

I know the book of Revelation is a book of signs and symbols and that the 144,000 is not a literal
number. My friend mentioned 144,000 earlier in the conversation so I used 144,000 to point out that he was suggesting that of all the people who were, are and will be with the exception of the 144,000 are lost , condemn to eternal damnation.

So in his understanding God can only save 144,000 and the rest won’t make it not realizing more people will be saved after death than before death which will be in the great fall harvest. 

indianabob

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2015, 09:01:51 AM »

Octoberose and Rick,

Have you noticed that people of all the tribes were listed EXCEPT for the tribe of DAN.
Why make that exception?
What other differences from the original children of (Jacob) Israel and why?

Rev 7:4  And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.
Rev 7:5  Of the tribe of Juda were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Reuben were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Gad were sealed twelve thousand.
Rev 7:6  Of the tribe of Aser were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Nepthalim were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Manasses were sealed twelve thousand.
Rev 7:7  Of the tribe of Simeon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Levi were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Issachar were sealed twelve thousand.
Rev 7:8  Of the tribe of Zabulon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Joseph were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Benjamin were sealed twelve thousand.

octoberose

« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2015, 02:52:06 AM »

Thanks for pointing out something I didn't know Indiana !  :)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 23 queries.