bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Joh 10:16  (Read 3436 times)

rick

Joh 10:16
« on: May 25, 2015, 09:40:06 PM »

Can anyone shed light on this scripture. 

Joh 10:16  And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice: and they shall become one flock, one shepherd.  ???

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Joh 10:16
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 11:01:27 PM »

Hi Rick,

could they be Gentiles who will believe?

rick

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 11:24:03 PM »

Hi Bob, and thanks for your response.

I was wondering if it could be the Jews because they rejected Christ. But I’m having issues with that line of thought.

But I don’t know, you could be right.

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 11:40:47 PM »

Can anyone shed light on this scripture. 

Joh 10:16  And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice: and they shall become one flock, one shepherd.  ???

Hi Rick,

Remember that no verse is ever becoming its own interpretation (2 Pet 1:20). Two or three witnesses.

John 10:16 makes me think of John 17:20.

John 17:19-21
19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.
20 Neither pray I for these alone, BUT for them also which SHALL [FUTURE] believe on me through their [THE APOSTLES'] word;
21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

Christ is looking to the future generations to come that will believe on Him because of His Words and the deeds of the apostles as recorded in scripture. We are those sheep that He had/has to bring to His flock! This gathering of the sheep will continue until God has produced all the elect which He predestined before the founding of the world.

John 10:14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

God bless,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.