bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sales industry and manipulation  (Read 2750 times)

Dave in Tenn

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: Sales industry and manipulation
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2015, 09:29:42 PM »

Seriously, Bob.  Paul laid out a fair 'system' if you want to apply it to 'economics'.

Gal 6:2  Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.
Gal 6:3  For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself.
Gal 6:4  But let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another.
Gal 6:5  For every man shall bear his own burden.

Any worldly system that addresses BOTH of those at the same time deserves at least a bit of credit for 'trying'.  But, sadly, that 'option' is barely covered by the '-isms' of the world. 

Lenin would have claimed vs. 2 supported communism.  Milton Friedman would have claimed vs. 5 supported neo-classical market economics.  I reject them both--as well as any claim that the bible/scripture/spiritual-mindedness is tied up in any economic theory. 

I can imagine a state of mind and spiritual 'government' that would make such an arrangement appealing.  I can't imagine the individual carnal mind and coercive carnal government making it possible in an entire society (much less world), however.   
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 06:45:26 PM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Joel

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2015, 09:50:36 PM »

I'm a bad steward if I don't do some research before I make any major purchases.
Also, it's not wrong to haggle over the price of a product, after all we aren't forced to buy anything at all, and can take our business elsewhere. Shop around.
Paul made tents, I wonder what he sold them for? :)

Joel

Rhys

• The Spirit helps us in our weakness
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2015, 08:32:21 AM »

I work in my own business. My sales technique is I set the price and if people want it they buy it. Seems to work well but then I make high quality items and let that do the talking and not me. I am always busy so don't use tactics but can't bring myself to do them anyway. People know what they want so I let them choose and I am at peace knowing they paid that price as were happy with it.

Rhys
Iíve noticed that I have changed in many ways since Bible Truths and the forum and one of them is living life much too seriously.

Another one is learning to rest in God and truly trust Him.

I'm still a work in progress.

John from Kentucky

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2015, 11:11:19 AM »

I work in my own business. My sales technique is I set the price and if people want it they buy it. Seems to work well but then I make high quality items and let that do the talking and not me. I am always busy so don't use tactics but can't bring myself to do them anyway. People know what they want so I let them choose and I am at peace knowing they paid that price as were happy with it.

Rhys

Another evil capitalist.   ;D

Rhys

• The Spirit helps us in our weakness
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2015, 05:44:56 PM »

Rhys

Yes I'm terrible, as Santana said I need to change my evil ways  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPauXWjY4T8

:P
Iíve noticed that I have changed in many ways since Bible Truths and the forum and one of them is living life much too seriously.

Another one is learning to rest in God and truly trust Him.

I'm still a work in progress.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2015, 06:18:05 PM »

Rhys

Yes I'm terrible, as Santana said I need to change my evil ways  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPauXWjY4T8

:P

rofl
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 27 queries.