bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tomorrow night  (Read 3162 times)

octoberose

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Tomorrow night
« on: May 29, 2015, 01:11:37 AM »

Could some of you who feel led please pray with us as we get ready to talk with our son? He hasn't taken calls from us since December, and says he is calling tomorrow night. As you know, he lives in spiritual darkness, and has let resentment rule him.   Please pray my husband has the words he needs to love an unloveable son. And please pray for peace for me and that I 'give up' my son to God's providence.
 Also, Nathans birthday is June 3 and I am afraid if he's despondent on that day what he may do. If you feel led we are asking people to pray for him on that day.
 Thank you so much.

Gina

Re: Tomorrow night
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 07:23:54 AM »

Of course, Octoberose.

I pray that Nathan comes away from that conversation with the knowledge that he does not have the power to control you, your response, or your emotions. 

I pray that God works through you and your husband mightily so that you both come away from the conversation with the realization that greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world, even if all that you and your husband say to Nathan is a gentle "Hi" and "Goodbye."

God's will be done.  :)  Don't be afraid.

Joel

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 12:30:47 PM »

Hi Octoberose,
I pray that everything goes well for all of your family members.
Peace in the LORD.

Joel

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2015, 12:50:36 PM »

Always praying for the body of Christ dear rose. You and all my other brothers and sisters! The prayers are coming before you even ask but I will certainly remember Nathan too.

God bless,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

repottinger

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2015, 04:45:18 PM »

I'll pray for you, your husband, and your son, Rose, both now and into the future, as you deal with such an unfortunate, difficult family situation.
Your brother in Christ,
Randy
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 12:44:20 PM by repottinger »

microlink

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2015, 12:16:28 AM »

I pray for you and your family. Many are the trials of the righteous, but He delivers us.

Gina

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2015, 01:27:19 PM »

Hi, Octoberose

How did it go?

octoberose

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2015, 12:41:54 AM »

HI. Well father and son finally connected Saturday night after months of silence. My husband said Nathan sounded "good".  They were talking finances and we had talked about how to ween him off of us without him feeling as if he's being kicked out. Hopefully that was accomplished. He didn't mention school, which means he hasn't graduated yet and we are not pushing it.  Thank you for your prayers.
 Tomorrow  June 3, if anyone feels led to pray that God do a work in Nathan that the world says cannot be done, if He will show his mercy on him so that even Nathan recognizes it, and that he give me a level of peace I haven't had in a while- that would be much appreciated.

I went to the doctor today. I have a thyroid nodule they want to biopsy. I put that off until the middle of July so I can work on 'natural remedy's'. I have a naturopathic doctor here but can't get into her schedule until July. Apparently I have a 15% chance of this being cancer. The other way to look at it is if God wills, I'll be fine or I'll be walking down this road for awhile. Please pray for direction, for healing  and for a walk filled with faith.

repottinger

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2015, 02:03:52 AM »

I'm very happy to hear that it sounds as if there is room for hope regarding Nathan's situation, Rose; I'll continue to pray for continued improvement in your relations with him. I'm also very sorry to hear about your health problems; I'll be sure to pray that God might cause the naturopathic treatment to be helpful, and also that, if it is in His will, he might allow Nathan to recognize His presence in his life.
Your brother in Christ,
Randy
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 12:43:57 PM by repottinger »

virginiabm

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2015, 02:18:46 AM »

Hi Rose, I will be praying God's will to be done for you and your son. My husband had a Thyroid promblem as you do, but it went away, but he still takes Thyroid meds. I pray that the same happens to you, if it be God's will. I pray that things work out for your son and that Our Father just takes hold of him and gives him a big hug. God's goodness leads to repentance. I try to hold on to that being where my children are at. The Father will love us all straight.

with love, virginia
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 23 queries.