bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Christ's Return  (Read 6916 times)

MG

Christ's Return
« on: August 11, 2006, 05:51:33 AM »

I just read one of Ray's emails that said there is no end time tribulation like the church teaches.

Is Christ still going to return to this earth and reign here for 1000 years with the first resurrection?

If that's true will he just come suddenly without warning and this could happen at any moment?

Falconn003

Re: Christ's Return
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 06:09:47 AM »

Try reading Ray's article on the Rapture theory and see what you think.

There is a real good section explaing "coming". And Jesus's returning.

Rodger

MG

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 06:17:48 AM »

Thank you. I'll look there.

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 10:12:30 AM »

Rodger

Just a suggestion to Roger or anyone else who suggests a look at an article Ray has written.  If you have time (and I realize that sometimes we don't)  post the link to that reference, that way not only the one asking the question, but the hundreds of others who are reading it can easliy go to it.

This is just a suggestion and by no means to be taken as a rule, or scolding.  It would just be helpful, if you know where something is to post the link. :) :) :) ;)

Craig

Falconn003

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2006, 03:04:22 AM »

MG

I do appoligize for not posting link, although Joe so courtesy of him has posted it for you and everyopne else who reads.

I will post the links in the future for easier references.

God bless
Rodger

PKnowler

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2006, 12:46:53 PM »

I am a little confused. It seems from reading the link on the secret rapture that Ray doesn't believe the rapture will be secret (neither do I). But he believes the saints WILL go through tribulation.

he writes "So then maybe it really does occur after the tribulation period just like the Scripture says, ("Now immediately AFTER the affliction [tribulation] of those days ... they shall see the Son of Mankind COMING ..." Matt. 24:29-31)"

Blessings, Paula

Kat

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2006, 01:51:24 PM »

This is an Email of Ray's a short time ago.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you believe we are in the "tribulation" now ?

Dear Reader:
GOD'S PEOPLE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN IN TRIBULATION--for going on two thousand years now!!  There is no such thing as "THE" great tribulation, you know?  There IS, WAS, AND WILL BE, "great tribulation" on God's saints, but there is no tribulation that is called "THE" great tribulation. Just another heresy of the Church like "THE" antichrist.  There is no such thing as 'THE' antichrist.
God be with you,
Ray
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Rapture as the churches teach is unscriptural. 
God's elect go through triulation daily, as we are now judged.
Our tribulation will end, only with our physical death.
If we are in the first resurrection, then we shall immediately see the Son of Mankind coming, when we are resurrected with all the elect and then those still alive shall be changed and join Christ too.

1Th 4:15  "For this we declare to you by a word from the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep."
1Th 4:16  "For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first."
1Th 4:17  "Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord."

This is when Christ returns to earth and brings His elect with Him to reign and rule on earth for 1000 yrs.(this is not a literal period of time tho).

Rev 20:4  "And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus, and for the word of God, and such as worshipped not the beast, neither his image, and received not the mark upon their forehead and upon their hand; and they lived, and reigned with Christ a thousand years."
Rev 20:5  "The rest of the dead lived not until the thousand years should be finished. This is the first resurrection."
Rev 20:6  "Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: over these the second death hath no power; but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years."

Hope this helps.
Kat

snorky

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2006, 10:29:21 PM »

I think a lot of the problem when dealing with "the rapture" is man's time frame vs. God's time frame, to borrow a friend of mine who is also a visiting preacher. We have been conditioned to think in terms of time periods and have no concept of how God looks at time, His creation after all. God doesn't need time. He is Sovereign and exists outside of what we call time and is, was, and will be, and is everywhere, never changing. In other words, time is a construct, just as eternity is (I studied mathematics and am interested in time and eternity/infinity as a construct man uses; fo rinstance, division by zero, which is undefined). Using phrases like "the end times" is just man's (carnal) way of dealing with "the end" as Jesus taught, or "Judgment Day," or "the latter days." Folks who have a hunger for truth use the phrase as do people spiritually enslaved to christendom and the "rapture" theory. But Ray, you folks here, that preacher I told you about, and the Bible know what (pretty much) the truth is since Paul had to tell the Thessalonians, not once but twice, that "the end" wasn't yet...because obviously the thessalonian saints really believed they were going through great tribulation. However, at "the end", there will be greater tribulation (Matt. 24:21) than there had been previously (am I wrong about this?), "in the days of Noah". It is just that we don't know when (not does Christ...but the Father only). That is not to say I say there is a so-called "Great Tribulation"...it would be hard to think of a greater tribulation than what Jerusalem went through in 70 AD anyway!

As for the "thousand years" (or Millennial Reign), like I said God has a different time frame. The point is NOT to get caught up in "time"...Daniel talks about "time and times and half a time" and "1260 days" and "1390 days" and the like, and you know what Christendom has made out of those "time" lines! They concern themselves with the letter of the Bible and not its spirit.--snorky

gmik

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2006, 09:59:39 PM »

Rodger

Just a suggestion to Roger or anyone else who suggests a look at an article Ray has written.  If you have time (and I realize that sometimes we don't)  post the link to that reference, that way not only the one asking the question, but the hundreds of others who are reading it can easliy go to it.

Couldn't you put up a sticky with all the references that you had on before??? I miss them.

This is just a suggestion and by no means to be taken as a rule, or scolding.  It would just be helpful, if you know where something is to post the link. :) :) :) ;)

Craig

ned

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2006, 01:05:06 PM »

Hi all,
When we have a "(many-called) believer" make a comment that they thought last night's storm (for example) was Christ's return, and they were ready to be raptured - do you all think we should let this comment fly, or correct them

For sure they are blinded to the truth, and definitely wouldn't believe what (simple me) could tell them.  Only God could lead them into the truth....they would think I am putting myself above them by stating only the "chosen" are actually taken.   And chances are I wouldn't be able to answer ALL their queries.

I can't stand their believing that they will be raptured when I know in fact they will be not. Some of these people are very close and dear to me, yet they know I believe different than they do...

any comments/suggestions/experiences please.

Thanks,
Marie

Kat

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2006, 01:51:36 PM »

Hi Marie
I would think that you could make simple comments,
about what you believe, instead of trying to correct them.
We are used by God to lead others to Him, sometimes.
We are to always be ready to give an answer,
and God will give us what to say, as we are asked.

This is just my thoughts about this.
Hope it helps.

Kat

Topaz

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2006, 01:56:53 PM »

Looks like my finger got nervous and hit the button twice...therfore 2 post say the same thing...anyone know how to remove one of them...I really wasn't trying to get a double message going....
Sorry...Topaz

all4love

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2006, 02:05:59 PM »

On your post there should be a delete button just click on that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 22 queries.