bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: When He appears we shall be like Him  (Read 4130 times)

Gina

When He appears we shall be like Him
« on: June 03, 2015, 12:23:09 PM »

Hi Everyone,

This is another one of those questions that come up on the forum often.  I wanted to share some verses of scriptures to move us on to a better understanding.  The key to all of it is, we have to believe what we're reading.

1 John 3

2 Beloved, we are God’s children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when He (Christ) appears we shall be like Him, because we shall see Him as He is.

3 And everyone who thus hopes (expects) in Him purifies himself as He (Christ) is pure.

When will He appear?  When will we SEE Him as He is?

4 Everyone who makes a PRACTICE of sinning also practices lawlessness; sin is lawlessness.   

5 You know that He appeared in order to take away sins, and in him there is no sin.

6 No one who abides in him keeps on (practices) sinning; no one who keeps on sinning (practices sin) has either SEEN HIM or known him.   

(COMMENT: We practice things for the express purpose of getting BETTER at it.  So do you want to make sure you do not SEE HIM or KNOW HIM, then all you have to do is keep practicing sin.)

7 Little children, let no one deceive you. Whoever PRACTICES righteousness is  righteous, as He (Christ) is righteous.

(COMMENT:  What does it mean to practice righteousness?  Well, Abraham believed God and it was credited to him for righteousness.)

8 Whoever makes a PRACTICE of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning.  The reason the Son of God APPEARED was to destroy the works of the devil. 

(COMMENT:  Now, Satan practices sin AND Satan actually spoke with Jesus when Jesus *appeared*.  Did Jesus destroy Satan's works right then and there?   Is it a process, like salvation is a process?  But since Satan practices sin, how can Satan SEE (know) God?  He doesn't know Him.  Satan doesn't know God and therefore can't see (or sense) Him.  And that's the advantage those who walk after righteousness have over those who keep on practicing sin.  When you keep on practicing sin, you're walking in DARKNESS.  And when you're walking in darkness you can't see very well.  And if you can't see very well, you can't see (perceive) God.  And if you can't see God, you won't know when destruction is coming.)

9 No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God’s seed abides in him, and he cannot keep on sinning because he has been born of God. 

10 By this it is evident (obvious to see/perceive) who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does NOT PRACTICE righteousness (the belief of Abraham) is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his b-r-o-t-h-e-r.

I love that.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 12:36:59 PM by Gina »

rick

Re: When He appears we shall be like Him
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2015, 03:59:02 PM »

Hi Gina,

Good thread by the way, this has been a subject I’ve been interested in for many years, but never received a satisfactory answer, Ray had shed much light on this subject for me when he had done his free will paper which was huge for me, personally I believe that is the beginning of all understanding.

I’m always plagued with sin, attractions to the carnal mind, I’ve read scriptures that lead me to believe that if I sin I am not saved or converted but still in the flesh.

It seems to be the consensus of those belonging to this forum who in my opinion are much further down the road in the things of God than I am and whom I consider myself not even in the same ball park that say God’s elect do sin.

These days I take comfort in what Paul said when he said because he agrees with the law of God   
that when he sinned it was no longer him that sinned but sin that was in him. ( This is not a direct quote ) but renders the same meaning.

I hate it when I sin but I do sin and I cannot deny that or I would be a liar if I did so, I would like not to sin, it bothers me when I do but I am powerless to do anything about it.

I personally find in some areas that needed work I have seen progress in those areas but in others not so much, at times I just tell myself Jesus will get you there He will take these things away from you, I just need to keep trusting in Him.

These same members of this forum who I had made mention of also say that God’s elect won’t know they are God’s elect until the resurrection or if Christ should return while yet they still have life in them.

I don’t know if I’m one of God’s elect by the amount I sin or the lack of sin in my life, personally I feel that one sin is one to many.

One thing is certain to me when it comes to sin and me and that is I know when God causes me not to sin I’ll be found dabbling in sin as much as I hate sin.   ::)

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2015, 06:10:00 PM »

Hi Rick,

Not to worry, just keep on keeping on.

You have opportunity to wipe the slate clean at the end of each day; when you pray for forgiveness.
The next morning when you awake once again, you are considered innocent, at least for a few minutes.
God is able to forgive 7 times 70...and then the counter goes back to "reset". God isn't testing us to see how good we can be or comparing us with one another.  In fact God admonishes us not to do that.

God is letting us experience how helpless we all are. The experience is to teach us to accept our limitations and become a little more humble as the years pass. When finally we stand before the judgment seat the verdict will be that we did about one percent of what was necessary, but God added the remaining 99 % out of HIS heart of love to complete the task. It will be like INSTANT healing of our human spirit, the way Lord Jesus healed the cripples. But we have to patiently run the race until the end.

Our journey into God's kingdom is like a race Paul said, all we need to do is keep running. Every time you stumble just get up and continue. The dust of the track and the grimy sweat don't matter at all, just do what you can and always accept the help you need.

12 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, 2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3 Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift."

Steve Prefontaine

rick

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2015, 07:05:29 PM »

Hi Rick,

Not to worry, just keep on keeping on.

You have opportunity to wipe the slate clean at the end of each day; when you pray for forgiveness.
The next morning when you awake once again, you are considered innocent, at least for a few minutes.
God is able to forgive 7 times 70...and then the counter goes back to "reset". God isn't testing us to see how good we can be or comparing us with one another.  In fact God admonishes us not to do that.

God is letting us experience how helpless we all are. The experience is to teach us to accept our limitations and become a little more humble as the years pass. When finally we stand before the judgment seat the verdict will be that we did about one percent of what was necessary, but God added the remaining 99 % out of HIS heart of love to complete the task. It will be like INSTANT healing of our human spirit, the way Lord Jesus healed the cripples. But we have to patiently run the race until the end.

Our journey into God's kingdom is like a race Paul said, all we need to do is keep running. Every time you stumble just get up and continue. The dust of the track and the grimy sweat don't matter at all, just do what you can and always accept the help you need.

12 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, 2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3 Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift."

Steve Prefontaine

Hi Bob,

Thank you for the encouragement and good advice too, the journey seems long and agonizing at times with moments of peace and joy that renews my confidences which come and fade but never gone.

Of all I read that you wrote that caught my eye the last line gave me pause to think.

( "To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." )

It dawned on me that Jesus is my best, the devil my worst and I live life in hope of His approval, for who here does not wish to here the words ( welcome good and faithful servant )

Thanks Bob.  :)

Gina

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2015, 11:37:02 PM »

Hi Gina,

Good thread by the way, this has been a subject I’ve been interested in for many years, but never received a satisfactory answer, Ray had shed much light on this subject for me when he had done his free will paper which was huge for me, personally I believe that is the beginning of all understanding.

I’m always plagued with sin, attractions to the carnal mind, I’ve read scriptures that lead me to believe that if I sin I am not saved or converted but still in the flesh.

It seems to be the consensus of those belonging to this forum who in my opinion are much further down the road in the things of God than I am and whom I consider myself not even in the same ball park that say God’s elect do sin.

These days I take comfort in what Paul said when he said because he agrees with the law of God   
that when he sinned it was no longer him that sinned but sin that was in him. ( This is not a direct quote ) but renders the same meaning.

I hate it when I sin but I do sin and I cannot deny that or I would be a liar if I did so, I would like not to sin, it bothers me when I do but I am powerless to do anything about it.

I personally find in some areas that needed work I have seen progress in those areas but in others not so much, at times I just tell myself Jesus will get you there He will take these things away from you, I just need to keep trusting in Him.

These same members of this forum who I had made mention of also say that God’s elect won’t know they are God’s elect until the resurrection or if Christ should return while yet they still have life in them.

I don’t know if I’m one of God’s elect by the amount I sin or the lack of sin in my life, personally I feel that one sin is one to many.

One thing is certain to me when it comes to sin and me and that is I know when God causes me not to sin I’ll be found dabbling in sin as much as I hate sin.   ::)

Hi, Rick

I believe that God knows the inclination of our hearts and your heart is obviously not inclined to sin.  Yes, you're right -- it's the "sin principal that dwells in us."  It's like we're operating by force of habit because we were born into a world of sin and we have learned from the world only how to grow up wrong.  Now that we're in the family of God, we can begin to grow up right, spiritually. 

I have a long way to go, too, but I am not where I was thank God. 

Roman 7

23  but I see a different law (sin principal) in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin which is in my members.

24 Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death?

25 Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, on the one hand I myself with my mind am serving the law of God, but on the other, with my flesh the law of sin.

Romans 8

1 Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.

It's set you free, but we have to learn how to walk on our new spiritual legs now, and we're going fall sometimes. 

Besides you're still learning and unlearning things and recognizing your sin and Satan's there going, You're never gonna make it, give up -- enjoy yourself.  But once we agree with God about our sin, we can never ever enjoy our sin the same way ever again.  When you hear God say, Don't have sex outside of marriage and you agree with that in your heart but you do it anyway and make excuses for yourself, you are going to feel pricked in your spirit and it's a nagging thing.  And you almost want to say, God, just leave me alone!  Same thing with my smoking habit.  I understand how you feel.  I'm very willful and very egotistical and operate on fear, and that makes me a total control freak sometimes, but I'm learning how to stand back and patiently observe myself doing these things without becoming morose and thinking, I've got to be good otherwise God won't accept me.  But how can we turn one hair white?  How can we who are accustomed to practicing evil all of our lives, suddenly turn around do what's right?  It's a process, and like iBob said, God doesn't hate you.  Your sin doesn't shock or surprise God.  It surprises us, though.    That's how God does things.  He wants us to recognize that we need a savior.  He has a wonderful son to give us and we have to get to the place where we really, really, really, really appreciate His love and support before anything can really start to turn around, I guess.

God bless.  Chin up.  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 22 queries.