bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Einstein  (Read 16502 times)

lareli

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Einstein
« on: June 03, 2015, 06:03:38 PM »

"Although I am a typical loner in my daily life, my awareness of belonging to the invisible community of those who strive for truth, beauty, and justice has prevented me from feelings of isolation"

- Albert Einstein

I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

Oatmeal

Re: Einstein
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 09:30:53 PM »

Nobody, certainly will deny that the idea of the existence of an omnipotent,
just and omnibeneficent personal God is able to accord man solace, help, and
guidance; also, by virtue of its simplicity it is accessible to the most undeveloped
mind. But, on the other hand, there are decisive weaknesses attached to this idea
in itself, which have been painfully felt since the beginning of history. That is,
if this being is omnipotent then every occurrence, including every human action,
every human thought, and every human feeling and aspiration is also His work;
how is it possible to think of holding men responsible for their deeds and thoughts
before such an almighty Being? In giving out punishment and rewards He would
to a certain extent be passing judgment on Himself. How can this be combined
with the goodness and righteousness ascribed to Him?

-   Albert Einstein - Out of My Later Years.
From Micah 7:9:  By the grace and call of Yahweh I will bear the trials of the narrow way, because I have no love, until He fully shows me my sin and I am judged by Him.  He will bring me forth to the light, and I shall see His righteousness.

John from Kentucky

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 10:22:12 PM »

Einstein is dead, dead, dead.  They sliced up his brain in little, bitty pieces for further study.

He is not much help to me.

The One I need is described in Revelation 1; the One with eyes like a flame of fire.

He said this: "I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore.  Amen.  And I have the keys of Hades and of Death."   Rev 1:18

Yeah, that's Who I need.  The One Who will set me free from the grave and death.  That will come in real handy for me.

Einstein?  Yawn.   ::)

indianabob

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 12:29:17 AM »

Brief comment subject to correction.
The popular "media" always was as it now is; seeking to astonish the "sheep".
Once they got their hooks into Einstein they embellished quite a bit and sold lots of copy.

Indiana bob
= = =
A. Einstein's report card, the Luitpold Gymnasium
For those who don't know, a 6 is the worst grade one can have.... 1 is the best. Einstein could hardly have performed worse: German-5, French-3, Italian-5, History-6, Geography-4, Algebra-6, Geometry-6, Physics-6, Chemistry-5, Biology-5, Technical drawing and Art-4. Things improved when the Jewish Media made a genius out of him, after he stole information from the patent office.
= = =

Anyone who has studied much Physics will tell you that Special Relativity was mostly created by Poincare and Lorentz. The seminal 1905 paper by the plagiarist Einstein had no references! His 1915 paper on General Relativity, was submitted for publication two weeks after Hilbert's deduction of the equations, and it is Hilbert's Lagrangian technique that is used today to derive the field equations, not the idiotic heuristics of Einstein. Even E = mc2 was derived in the mid 1800s (well before Einstein ever stole anything).

Nikola Tesla regarded Relativity as the greatest historical aberration of scientific thought. Relativity is no more than a philosophical standpoint, a virus to infect a "New Age". From the standpoint of the electrical engineer Einstein’s Relativity is "Bravo-Sierra"! However, it has sunk its roots into the basic consideration of Inductance and Capacitance. L and C represent co-efficients of aetheric processes, and as such represent the aether, not Relativity. Albert Einstein stands in the way of Michael Faraday, and Pharisees are now Physicists (— Eric Dollard).

lareli

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 01:46:33 PM »

Nobody, certainly will deny that the idea of the existence of an omnipotent,
just and omnibeneficent personal God is able to accord man solace, help, and
guidance; also, by virtue of its simplicity it is accessible to the most undeveloped
mind. But, on the other hand, there are decisive weaknesses attached to this idea
in itself, which have been painfully felt since the beginning of history. That is,
if this being is omnipotent then every occurrence, including every human action,
every human thought, and every human feeling and aspiration is also His work;
how is it possible to think of holding men responsible for their deeds and thoughts
before such an almighty Being? In giving out punishment and rewards He would
to a certain extent be passing judgment on Himself. How can this be combined
with the goodness and righteousness ascribed to Him?

-   Albert Einstein - Out of My Later Years.

I like learning about those who throughout history were not afraid to question beliefs that were taboo to question.. People who didn't just blindly follow out of fear of offending God.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2015, 06:03:40 PM »

"Many quotes attributed to me were actually not said or written by me."

Albert Einstein.

;D
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Oatmeal

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2015, 02:21:38 AM »

That quote that I posted from Einstein came from a book that he wrote, or from a book that someone else wrote and which book was attributed to him.  But anyway, it's in the book, that is, in a pdf version that I downloaded from the Internet.

I thought that some might find it interesting that Einstein was intelligent enough to conclude that the idea-of-mans'-free-will and the omnipotence of God are contradictions.

I don't think school marks are a definitive way of determining intelligence.  There are other things that can affect marks, such as lack of interest, mind on other things, trauma, etc.

The Einstein quote that I used fits in with, I think, the subject matter area of this forum.

In regard to the post by Indiana Bob, in regard to Relativity, the following quote gives some hint as to why Relativity was so strongly promulgated, and which quote ties in with recent WMAP data:

Since the time of Copernicus we have known that the earth rotates on its axis and moves around the sun. Even this simple idea, so clear to everyone, was not left untouched by the advance of science. But let us leave this question for the time being and accept Copernicus' point of view.
-   Albert Einstein and Leopold Infeld, The Evolution of Physics, originally published in 1938, page 161 of a pdf version downloaded from the Internet

I heard someone say that we have free will, but God knows what we will choose.  I'm wondering if, putting aside Scripture, such an argument could be argued logically.  And that may mean that I am not as intelligent as Einstein, but I ask the question anyway.

Oatmeal
From Micah 7:9:  By the grace and call of Yahweh I will bear the trials of the narrow way, because I have no love, until He fully shows me my sin and I am judged by Him.  He will bring me forth to the light, and I shall see His righteousness.

lareli

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2015, 12:30:10 PM »

"Many quotes attributed to me were actually not said or written by me."

Albert Einstein.

;D

Ha! That doesn't surprise me at all... Did you also know that 90% of statistics are actually made up?

lareli

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2015, 12:36:14 PM »

Oatmeal

"I heard someone say that we have free will, but God knows what we will choose.  I'm wondering if, putting aside Scripture, such an argument could be argued logically.  And that may mean that I am not as intelligent as Einstein, but I ask the question anyway."

If we have free will but God knows what we will choose than God is only psychic and plans accordingly. He would not be omnipotent. He would know future events but He would not be in control of us.. Right?

John from Kentucky

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2015, 03:37:25 PM »

Einstein is dead, Fred.  He sleeps with the fishes.

All of his supposed intelligence can't save him now.  He is relative to dust.

The "great man" did not believe in a personal God.  Yet it will be a personal God Who will resurrect him back to life.

He was a big dummy.  All of his supposed intelligence did not give him knowledge of the true God.

lareli

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2015, 05:56:42 PM »

I won't presume to know whether or not a man I never met believed in a personal god or had knowledge of the one true God.

One thing I do know is that it's no concern of mine what Gods plan is for another.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2015, 07:38:37 PM »

The "great man" did not believe in a personal God.  Yet it will be a personal God Who will resurrect him back to life.

He was a big dummy.  All of his supposed intelligence did not give him knowledge of the true God.

Not quite John, it just was not his time to know the truth. Not in his power to understand.

John from Kentucky

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2015, 08:25:10 PM »

Not quite John, it just was not his time to know the truth. Not in his power to understand.

My point is that Many worship the brilliance of an Einstein or a Stephen Hawking, while those men do not understand even the simplest ideas about God.  Both of those men and many others reject the God of the Scriptures. 

The Scriptures say only a fool says there is no God.

Those men and mankind in general do not impress me.

Dead men impress me even less.

Only to God should all the glory go because all things come from Him.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2015, 09:43:54 PM »

Vanity, all is vanity. How long oh Lord? How long...
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Gina

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2015, 10:55:10 PM »

My point is that Many worship the brilliance of an Einstein or a Stephen Hawking, while those men do not understand even the simplest ideas about God.  Both of those men and many others reject the God of the Scriptures. 

The Scriptures say only a fool says there is no God.

Those men and mankind in general do not impress me.

Dead men impress me even less.

Only to God should all the glory go because all things come from Him.

All dead men?  When Stephen and the new Christians were martyred for their faith, and those men of the OT died or were mutilated for their obedience to God, did you ever see where Jesus or any of the Apostles or OT writers spoke of them so belittlingly or callously?  I hardly think anyone is worshipping (obeying?) their brilliance.  But the thing is, if anything they did say was truly brilliant, then it came from God and it's good to recognize it as such.  That's all they are doing, John.  Largeli wasn't mocking God.  It was a very truthful quote, regardless of where it originated.  Is the quote to be dismissed entirely as hogwash all because it exited the mouth of someone you choose to look down your nose at all because they didn't fall down and worship the god of Christendom. Which also happens to be the same god you wouldn't be caught dead worshipping?

Get over yourself, John.

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2015, 11:07:46 PM »

But the thing is, if anything they did say was truly brilliant, then it came from God and it's good to recognize it as such. 

Good point Gina.  That is exactly what I was thinking.

God has used and still uses the "spiritually blind" to do amazing things in this world that we all benefit from, such as the advancement in technology.  If God blesses someone with a talent or extraordinary gift, who am I to dismiss them?  No, we do not worship them, but we should recognize that they too have been blessed of God.

Matt 5:45-48:

...For He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. 46 For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47 And if you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? 48 You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Gina

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2015, 11:19:00 PM »

But the thing is, if anything they did say was truly brilliant, then it came from God and it's good to recognize it as such. 

Good point Gina.  That is exactly what I was thinking.

God has used and still uses the "spiritually blind" to do amazing things in this world that we all benefit from, such as the advancement in technology.  If God blesses someone with a talent or extraordinary gift, who am I to dismiss them?  No, we do not worship them, but we should recognize that they too have been blessed of God.

Matt 5:45-48:

...For He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. 46 For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47 And if you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? 48 You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Thank you!  And, I just got another thought ( I heard my teacher behind me... )  I distinctly remember Ray pointed out that even the OT writers didn't UNDERSTAND what they were really prophesying about.  I'm trying to remember where I read that.  I know I'm not the only one who read what Ray wrote in that regard.  See, if they, being carnal and unconverted, didn't understand the things of God ....   

I don't believe that Hawking and Einstein were willfully evil and wicked men all because they didn't "understand the things of God and spiritual matters.... ".  I can't imagine either one of them hating their fellow man.

John from Kentucky

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2015, 11:50:59 PM »

Can both fresh water and bitter water flow from the same spring? James 3:11

But if you have bitter envy and self-seeking in your hearts, do not boast and lie against the truth.

This wisdom does not descend from above, but is earthly, sensual, demonic.

For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are there.
  James 3:14-16

Yet Michael the archangel, in contending with the devil, when he disputed about the body of Moses, dared not bring against him a reviling accusation, but said, "The LORD rebuke you!"  Jude 1:9
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 11:59:18 PM by John from Kentucky »

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2015, 12:36:17 AM »

A more complete 'thought' expressed.

Jas 3:9  Therewith bless we the Lord and Father, and therewith curse we men made after the likeness of God.
Jas 3:10  Out of the same mouth goes forth blessing and cursing. It is not right, my brethren, that these things should be thus.
Jas 3:11  Does the fountain, out of the same opening, pour forth sweet and bitter?

Of course, that isn't even the end of one chapter or epistle, much less the end of wisdom.

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Gina

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2015, 12:39:35 AM »

John,

Please recall how you have a great respect and admiration for "the Duke."  He was someone who never actually existed except for in the minds of some writer who probably didn't know or understand the things of God, either. 

As for John Wayne, the actor, you greatly admire him to this day and he is dead.   Did He know God?  Did he?  I mean, you've talked about him like he was somebody great or did something great off screen.  He never did anything super important, John.  He was an actor and quoted lines that were written for him by somebody else.

Hey is that you gk?  Wasn't Horseman your moniker from times past?  I like it and your avatar.  Reminds me of John Wayne (after Duke died I stopped watching movies).

Duke had a nasty faced macho dog in the movie 'Hondo" and also in 'Big Jake'.  The good old days.  I look around today and see a world full of wimps.  Makes you want to spit.   ;D
;)

John from Kentucky
I learned a few things from a misspent youth watching John Wayne movies.

The Duke would take his girl, bend her over backwards, and give her a kiss.

Sometimes it's best just to wade in.   ;D

John from Kentucky
No, I'm not John Wayne.  But I do miss the Duke since he died.  If he were still around, maybe there would be movies I could understand.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 23 queries.