bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Einstein  (Read 16331 times)

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: Einstein
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2015, 01:00:50 AM »

And another one.

Psa 14:1  To the chief Musician. A Psalm of David. The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They have corrupted themselves, they have done abominable works: there is none that doeth good.
Psa 14:2  Jehovah looked down from the heavens upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, that did seek God.
Psa 14:3  They have all gone aside, they are together become corrupt: there is none that doeth good, not even one.

Psa 14:4  Have all the workers of iniquity no knowledge, eating up my people as they eat bread? They call not upon Jehovah.

Who was Jehovah looking for?  Children of men who did understand...that did seek God.  What did He find?  They have all gone aside...they are together become corrupt.  There is none of THEM that does good..,.not even one.

Do all the workers of iniquity have "no knowledge"--eating up my people like they eat bread?  Apparently not.  Not ALL the workers of iniquity have "no knowledge".  Some claimed to understand...some did seek God with their mouths and in all the wrong places.  Some did have 'some knowledge'.  They have all gone aside. 

"Come out of her, my people...", lest they eat you like bread. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Gina

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2015, 01:14:40 AM »

Woes to Scribes and Pharisees

Matthew 23:

33 "You serpents, you brood of vipers, how will you escape the sentence of hell?

34"Therefore, behold, I am sending you prophets and wise men and scribes; some of them you will kill and crucify, and some of them you will scourge in your synagogues, and persecute from city to city,

35 so that upon you may fall the guilt of all the righteous blood shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah, the son of Berechiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar

Gina

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2015, 01:40:12 AM »

I happen to like that quote.

Titus 1

15 To the pure, all things are pure; but to those who are defiled and unbelieving, nothing is pure, but both their mind and their conscience are defiled.

16 They profess to know God, but by their deeds they deny Him, being detestable and disobedient and worthless for any good deed.

John from Kentucky

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2015, 01:57:28 AM »

John,

Please recall how you have a great respect and admiration for "the Duke."  He was someone who never actually existed except for in the minds of some writer who probably didn't know or understand the things of God, either. 

As for John Wayne, the actor, you greatly admire him to this day and he is dead.   Did He know God?  Did he?  I mean, you've talked about him like he was somebody great or did something great off screen.  He never did anything super important, John.  He was an actor and quoted lines that were written for him by somebody else.

Hey is that you gk?  Wasn't Horseman your moniker from times past?  I like it and your avatar.  Reminds me of John Wayne (after Duke died I stopped watching movies).

Duke had a nasty faced macho dog in the movie 'Hondo" and also in 'Big Jake'.  The good old days.  I look around today and see a world full of wimps.  Makes you want to spit.   ;D
;)

John from Kentucky
I learned a few things from a misspent youth watching John Wayne movies.

The Duke would take his girl, bend her over backwards, and give her a kiss.

Sometimes it's best just to wade in.   ;D

John from Kentucky
No, I'm not John Wayne.  But I do miss the Duke since he died.  If he were still around, maybe there would be movies I could understand.

Let's keep this conversation civil and on a high plane and on the highest level of culture, by not trying in any way to besmirch Mr. Wayne.

I will admire the Duke anytime over some pointy headed, foreign intellectuals.

However, I do admire and respect and worship Almighty God over them all, even the Duke.   :D

I will now return to outlining the Book of Deuteronomy, in the original language.

P.S.  For those who are humor challenged (and we seem to have so many here), my above statements were meant as a joke. Before I'm burned at the stake.  ::)

Gina

« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2015, 03:03:38 AM »

Oh, but Your Highness!  I can't speak for everyone here, but I would never waste a perfectly good match or a stake to burn you!

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2015, 03:47:49 AM »

They have lighters these days and you can use a tree instead of a stake.........just some things to consider  ???

Rhys  ;D
🤫

Gina

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2015, 05:03:37 AM »

And another one.

Psa 14:1  To the chief Musician. A Psalm of David. The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They have corrupted themselves, they have done abominable works: there is none that doeth good.
Psa 14:2  Jehovah looked down from the heavens upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, that did seek God.
Psa 14:3  They have all gone aside, they are together become corrupt: there is none that doeth good, not even one.

Psa 14:4  Have all the workers of iniquity no knowledge, eating up my people as they eat bread? They call not upon Jehovah.

Who was Jehovah looking for?  Children of men who did understand...that did seek God.  What did He find?  They have all gone aside...they are together become corrupt.  There is none of THEM that does good..,.not even one.

Do all the workers of iniquity have "no knowledge"--eating up my people like they eat bread?  Apparently not.  Not ALL the workers of iniquity have "no knowledge".  Some claimed to understand...some did seek God with their mouths and in all the wrong places.  Some did have 'some knowledge'.  They have all gone aside. 

"Come out of her, my people...", lest they eat you like bread.

As for Einstein:

Albert Einstein once said the following in an interview for G. S. Viereck’s book Glimpses of the Great.

“I am not an Atheist. I do not know if I can define myself as a Pantheist. The problem involved is too vast for our limited minds… The child dimly suspects a mysterious order in the arrangement of the books but doesn’t know what it is. That, it seems to me, is the attitude of even the most intelligent human being toward God.”

Hawking thinks he can prove God does not exist.  He's crippled and angry about it and isn't able to do much, so he does what he can to annoy people.  Misery loves company.  But still, the original post was about Einstein's quote.  It wasn't about Stephen Hawking. 

Einstein had the guts to admit that he was dim and had a limited mind, and he seemed to be open to the existence of God, and Ray even quoted him in one of his papers:  "God isn't playing dice..."

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2015, 09:46:39 AM »

I happen to like that quote.

Titus 1

15 To the pure, all things are pure; but to those who are defiled and unbelieving, nothing is pure, but both their mind and their conscience are defiled.

16 They profess to know God, but by their deeds they deny Him, being detestable and disobedient and worthless for any good deed.

And there's the 'spiritual match' for Psalms 14 and 54, I think.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2015, 10:53:09 AM »

If Einstein or Hawking used their minds to study the real scriptures perhaps they would have understood intellectually.

But just an observation of the Christian religion would prove it wrong. The earth is not 6000 years old, there was no five mile high flood, there have been people here much longer than 6000 years, etc., etc. Plenty of proof what the church teaches is false.

Gina

« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2015, 12:21:30 PM »

They have lighters these days and you can use a tree instead of a stake.........just some things to consider  ???

Rhys  ;D

ha!  Would not waste my time, a perfectly good lighter, the lighter fluid, or a beautiful dead tree (which I think a stake is made from).  Besides, aside from a a little wood, stubble, and hay (and maybe a strand of hair here or there), there's actually no substance to him.  Why go to so much work for a few sparks?  How do I know these things, you wonder?   :D

Gina

« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2015, 12:41:47 PM »

If Einstein or Hawking used their minds to study the real scriptures perhaps they would have understood intellectually.

But just an observation of the Christian religion would prove it wrong. The earth is not 6000 years old, there was no five mile high flood, there have been people here much longer than 6000 years, etc., etc. Plenty of proof what the church teaches is false.

Exactly, and you made a profound statement in another thread where you said to someone, You can't prove a negative.  Well, Hawking believes he can prove God does not exist, but isn't that trying to prove a negative?

God is spirit and God is perfect.  How could he ever prove perfection doesn't exist when God has chosen to not reveal Himself to him?

When I picture Hawking attempting to prove God does not exist, and losing, I think of that scene from A Beautiful Mind where Nash loses the board game and says, "You should not have won. I had the first move. My play was perfect...the game is flawed!

Gina

« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2015, 02:22:07 PM »

I think this is funny.  But can't figure out who the black guy at the end is supposed to be?  God? 

https://youtu.be/8yis7GzlXNM

lareli

« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2015, 04:15:22 PM »

Some of you believe you have an extraordinary gift... That is the gift to know what was in a dead mans heart. I thought only God had that ability. I thought that man can only see what's on the outside of another man while God is the only one who knows the mans heart... I thought that no one knows what a man is thinking except the spirit of that man.

1 Cor 2:11
For who knows a person's thoughts except their own spirit within them?

1 Sam 16:7
..for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart.

Is it not bearing false witness for you to claim to know what was in a mans heart and what he believed? Especially considering you never knew the man you're judging? All you know about the man is what others have written about him or what others have quoted him as saying... and since we don't know whether or not the quotes are accurate, how can you be so sure? And if you cant be sure then why risk being a false witness?

I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

rick

« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2015, 05:15:58 PM »

Oh, but Your Highness!  I can't speak for everyone here, but I would never waste a perfectly good match or a stake to burn you!

This that I read of J from K is hard to believe as I’m thinking what a great moderator he would make , he appears to be very knowledgeable in the things of God and is steadfast in his belief in Rays writings.

Perhaps you were referring to another brother my sister in Christ.  Love, love, love.  :)

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2015, 05:46:13 PM »

Yes. This thread is getting quite nasty and I don't like the direction of it. I'm ashamed the moderators let it go to this, even participating in. Maybe I mis understood some posts and I'm open to that but this is how it appears--A blemish in our feast.

James 4:11-12 Do not speak evil of one another, brethren. He who speaks evil of a brother and judges his brother, speaks evil of the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. 12 There is one Lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy. Who are you to judge another?

Galatians 5:13 For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.

1 John 3:14 We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love the brethren. He who does not love his brother abides in death.

John did not throw another brother under the bus here but only expressed his disregard for wordly men of the flesh whose words are revered by others in the world. Some of this either is calling a brother a fool or borders on it.

1 Corinthians 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion but of peace, as in all the churches of the saints.

Peace in the Church of The Living God.

Sincerely,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2015, 06:08:39 PM »

And if you cant be sure then why risk being a false witness?

I have not read every word of this but did someone accuse someone of something?

There is judging, bearing false witness, and observing.

I think it is safe to assume Einstein and Hawking have never indorsed the salvation of all. I think we can safely make that observation about most of humanity without judging or bearing false witness.

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2015, 07:31:18 PM »

Alex, THIS moderator simply sought twice to 'amplify' and clarify the scripture I think is not "rightly divided/cut" by most christians and preachers.  The other post was just a bit of levity--light-hearted banter (which is the clearly labeled, but often ignored, purpose of this little section of the 'feast'). 

And that's why THIS moderator "let it go on"--because he is not now and never has been a flawless discerner of what is intended to be "light-hearted" and what is not intended as such, over this internet thingamajig.  Anyway, the truth will out.  It always does--later if not sooner.  In the meantime, don't do as "they" do.

Gina

« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2015, 09:07:30 PM »

Some of you believe you have an extraordinary gift... That is the gift to know what was in a dead mans heart. I thought only God had that ability. I thought that man can only see what's on the outside of another man while God is the only one who knows the mans heart... I thought that no one knows what a man is thinking except the spirit of that man.

1 Cor 2:11
For who knows a person's thoughts except their own spirit within them?

1 Sam 16:7
..for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart.

Is it not bearing false witness for you to claim to know what was in a mans heart and what he believed? Especially considering you never knew the man you're judging? All you know about the man is what others have written about him or what others have quoted him as saying... and since we don't know whether or not the quotes are accurate, how can you be so sure? And if you cant be sure then why risk being a false witness?

Do you feel better?

lareli

« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2015, 03:39:49 PM »

I think it is safe to assume Einstein and Hawking have never indorsed the salvation of all. I think we can safely make that observation about most of humanity without judging or bearing false witness.

If I said "that man never believed in a personal god." I would be testifying to what a man believed in his heart. Unless I am that man and know that man thoughts then wouldn't I be bearing false witness? I would be claiming as fact to know something that may or may not be fact.
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2015, 04:04:41 PM »

If I said "that man never believed in a personal god." I would be testifying to what a man believed in his heart. Unless I am that man and know that man thoughts then wouldn't I be bearing false witness? I would be claiming as fact to know something that may or may not be fact.

Largeli,

Its a well known fact that Eistein did not believe in a personal god. He said so himself. He is best described as an agnostic.

"It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly." Einstein

Source: Helen Dukas and Banesh Hoffman (eds) (1981). Albert Einstein, The Human Side. Princeton University Press. p. 43.

John said nothing of him that he hadn't already said of himself.
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 20 queries.