bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Einstein  (Read 16507 times)

rick

Re: Einstein
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2015, 10:05:19 PM »

I agree with Alex’s , here is a letter written by Einstein below I found on the internet.

“I am not an Atheist. I do not know if I can define myself as a Pantheist. The problem involved is too vast for our limited minds… The child dimly suspects a mysterious order in the arrangement of the books but doesn’t know what it is. That, it seems to me, is the attitude of even the most intelligent human being toward God.”

I don’t know if he felt like that at the time of his death.

lareli

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2015, 01:48:39 PM »

I don’t know if he felt like that at the time of his death.

Wisdom.
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

lareli

« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2015, 01:55:30 PM »

And if you cant be sure then why risk being a false witness?

I have not read every word of this but did someone accuse someone of something?

There is judging, bearing false witness, and observing.

I think it is safe to assume Einstein and Hawking have never indorsed the salvation of all. I think we can safely make that observation about most of humanity without judging or bearing false witness.

If I said "that man never believed in a personal god." I would be testifying to what a man believed in his heart. Unless I am that man and know that man thoughts then wouldn't I be bearing false witness? I would be claiming as fact to know something that may or may not be fact.

Largeli,

Its a well known fact that Eistein did not believe in a personal god. He said so himself. He is best described as an agnostic.

"It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly." Einstein

Source: Helen Dukas and Banesh Hoffman (eds) (1981). Albert Einstein, The Human Side. Princeton University Press. p. 43.

John said nothing of him that he hadn't already said of himself.

It is a well known fact that Einstein didn't believe in a personal god?

Or is it a well known fact that Einstein once said he didn't believe in a personal god?

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2015, 02:31:58 PM »

And if you cant be sure then why risk being a false witness?

I have not read every word of this but did someone accuse someone of something?

There is judging, bearing false witness, and observing.

I think it is safe to assume Einstein and Hawking have never indorsed the salvation of all. I think we can safely make that observation about most of humanity without judging or bearing false witness.

If I said "that man never believed in a personal god." I would be testifying to what a man believed in his heart. Unless I am that man and know that man thoughts then wouldn't I be bearing false witness? I would be claiming as fact to know something that may or may not be fact.

Largeli,

Its a well known fact that Eistein did not believe in a personal god. He said so himself. He is best described as an agnostic.

"It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly." Einstein

Source: Helen Dukas and Banesh Hoffman (eds) (1981). Albert Einstein, The Human Side. Princeton University Press. p. 43.

John said nothing of him that he hadn't already said of himself.

It is a well known fact that Einstein didn't believe in a personal god?

Or is it a well known fact that Einstein once said he didn't believe in a personal god?

Largeli, please stop digging yourself deeper into a hole. You accused john of looking into another man's heart, judging him, bearing false witness etc... All I did was point out to you that John only said of Eistein what he had already said about himself.

God be with you,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

lareli

« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2015, 04:49:53 PM »

Alex don't be so defensive.

Alex you did not simply say that all john did was quote what Einstein has already said about himself. You added that "it is a well known fact" what the dead man believed.

Look Einstein is both dead and you never spoke with him. Yet you know for fact what he believed.

I am both alive and you have conversated with me. Will you presume to know for fact what I believe? It would be foolish for you to do so, but hey... It's your world, If you want to judge a dead mans beliefs by what you found on Google please. By all means friend.

I will zip my lips, lock and throw away the key on this thread.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 04:53:10 PM by largeli »
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.