bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New popular songs  (Read 4178 times)

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
New popular songs
« on: June 05, 2015, 12:44:12 PM »

I believe that many of us enjoy songs of the times so I would like to share this new one. Not available in stores...

http://www.youtube.com/embed/5YGc4zOqozo

This is pretty darn cute and clever:
Great comeuppance to a big United Airlines
A musician named Dave Carroll recently had difficulty with United Airlines.
He spent over nine months trying to get United to pay for damages caused by baggage handlers to his custom Taylor guitar.
During his final exchange with the United Customer Relations Manager, he stated that he was left with no choice other than to create a music video for YouTube, exposing their lack of cooperation. The manager responded: "Good luck with that one, Pal."
So, Dave posted a retaliatory video on YouTube. The video since has received over seven million hits. Here it is, for your pleasure.
United Airlines contacted the musician and attempted settlement in exchange for pulling the video.
Naturally, Dave's response was: "Good luck with that one, Pal."
Taylor Guitars sent the musician two new custom guitars in appreciation for the product recognition from the video that has led to a sharp increase in orders.

indianabob

Re: New popular songs
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 10:50:48 PM »

I thought Alex liked modern songs
Wonder why no response

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 11:02:21 PM »

I thought Alex liked modern songs
Wonder why no response

Ah bob! Youve called me out by name! I havnt had a chance to really listen to your song but from reading your post it appears to be a song for commercials. Im not a very big fan of those kind. For the sake of fairness, i will give it a listen ;)

In return, i ask you to listen to my Seccond Coming spng I posted and let me know if you enjoy it :)

God bless,
Alex

P.S.Im currently listening to a lecture on collegan synthesis so give me a little time to listen to your song. Got to get this material down! :)
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

gk@rivervalley

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 12:01:35 AM »

That's good Bob.  Priced out a Taylor guitar?  I'd be upset too.  But I wouldn't be upset if Taylor sent two as replacements.  If the worst he did was a little tongue-in-cheek song, United got off lucky. 

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2015, 12:10:51 AM »

So I gave it a listen bob! Its entertaining but I don't know who the singer is. Should I know him?

I certainly hope United stops breaking guitars though!! Haha.

Thanks for sharing :)
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

indianabob

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2015, 02:49:14 AM »

Hi GK and Alex,
I know that we don't do politics on the forum so I thought this was a way to get attention without using evil tactics. Maybe we could try it with our politicians of every stripe.  ::)

I just thought it was a safe and less threatening way to pressure a large entity that likes to ignore little people. Have you taken a flight recently? The airlines seem to think we owe them our business. So I was attracted to this small group of hard working musicians when their story hit the WEB.

Try your best to request fair compensation and when that doesn't work sit down and take the time to write and perform a very catchy song that appeals to the little people who have been stepped on by large people in many venues.

I know that we don't do politics, but isn't this a valid object lesson?

Churches I've attended see themselves as overlords of the flock of sheep. Just about the same as civil governments do.
Maybe they are all cut from the same bolt of cloth. Frail humanity

Thanks for your replies. I bob

Joel

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 11:16:04 AM »

He's a talented song writer.
Just goes to show that no one should underestimate the power of the media these days.

Joel

bob

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2015, 07:40:32 PM »

Just awesome, I love it. Great talent singing and putting together video. :) :) :) :) thanks for posting.Bob
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 23 queries.