bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Evil Spirits  (Read 16021 times)

rick

Re: Evil Spirits
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2015, 07:22:23 PM »

Is evil a bad thing? No its not, it is a tool in the hand of Jesus!

Hi Mike,

Although evil is a tool used in the hand of God to humble us, its not a good thing . One day evil will be abolished . It is a evil thing to commit murder or to abuse animals or to steal so on and so forth.

Rick I never said it was good for men to do evil.

Hi Mike,

Sorry friend, I misunderstood your meaning, wouldn’t be the first time I misunderstood someone’s meaning in the course of my life.

Take care Mike and God Bless.

Gina

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2015, 09:09:15 PM »

The Lake of Fire - Part X

THE SYNAGOGUE OF SATAN

SATAN’S ROLE IN SALVATION

Satan does play a role in the salvation of the human race. Satan is just one more "evil" that God uses in bringing many sons into glory. The very reason that the above heading might turn some heads is not because it isn’t true or completely Scriptural, but rather because the world has been deceived about most of these spiritual things. God "created evil" (Isa. 45:7.) God does not create things that do not serve a good purpose. By the way, the word translated into "evil" in Isa. 45:7 is the Hebrew word ra, and it is the very same word translated hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of times as "evil" throughout the Old Testament.

Now the word ra does not have a conscience and therefore has no moral bias. Evil is not ‘SIN.’ God created evil; God Himself is not evil. And strictly speaking, God did not create sin, nor has God Himself ever sinned. What God has done is created humanity in a spiritually weakened state that is totally incapable of even understanding spiritual laws and principle, let alone being capable of obeying them. And this was not a sin or mistake on God’s part; this was weakness by design. Therefore, God is responsible (certainly not accountable,) but responsible for all sin. And God has already taken responsibility for all sin by sacrificing His Son, Jesus Christ:

"Behold the Lamb of God, which TAKES AWAY THE SIN OF THE WORLD (John 1:29);

"And He [Jesus] is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for THE SINS OF THE WHOLE WORLD" (I John 2:2.)

Some have tried to show that Isa. 45:7 is speaking of "calamity" and not "evil." Of the nineteen times that the word "calamity" appears in the Scriptures, it is never translated from the Hebrew Word ra, but usually is translated from the Hebrew word, ade.

Adam and Eve did not sin because they wanted to sin. No, they sinned because they were too spiritually weak to resist sin. True, they did volunteer to sin, but again, that was because they were too weak to resist the temptation to sin.

http://bible-truths.com/lake10.html

The Lake of Fire

Installment XV, Part C

The Myth of ‘Free Will’ Exposed

It has been foolishly asked from time immemorial whether God could ever build a rock so heavy that even He couldn’t lift it.   Let me suggest, that if we let “will” represent a rock, and “free will” a rock so heavy that God can’t lift it, then God has indeed, finally built a rock so heavy that even He cannot lift it! For just like the proverbial immovable object, man’s phantom “free will” has become God’s very Own Achilles heel. The only Sovereign-Buster in the universe is man’s fabled “free will.” According to Christian doctrine: the “Irresistible Force”—GOD’S will; has been decidedly and eternally thwarted by the “immovable object”—MAN’S will.

I often receive emails from readers who assert that the word “evil” in this verse should be translated “calamity.” That is decidedly a fabricated assertion, but little would be gained by it even if it were true. Would the Christmas tsunami in Indonesia have reeked less havoc had it been a “calamity” rather than an “evil?” What would be gained by calling “evils” by the name “calamities”? That is nonsense.

Nevertheless, let it be known that the word translated “evil” in Isaiah 45:7 is the Hebrew word ra. The Hebrew word for “calamity” is the Hebrew word ade which means “misfortune, misery, or ruin. Whereas the Hebrew word ra means “bad or evil.” It is the same word used for the “tree of the knowledge of good and evil [ra].” It was not the tree of the knowledge of “good and calamity.”  Did Jacob really mean to say, “a calamitous beast” had devoured his son? (Gen. 37:33)? Did Israel really “do calamity in the sight of God” by worshipping Balaam, or did they do evil? (Jud. 3:7).

The Hebrew ra means “bad or evil” and it is used over four hundred times to represent bad or evil, not calamity.

God created ra—EVIL. Furthermore God used evil and continues to use evil against His creatures all day long.

Understand that I take no emotional pleasure in teaching these truths other than that they are absolutely necessary if we are to understand the deeper ways of God with His creatures. But I will haste to add that like all of God’s deeper truths they can only be discerned spiritually by the Spirit of God. The carnal mind cannot and will not understand these truths.

THE PURPOSE FOR WHICH GOD CREATED EVIL

This is all the strange work of God. There is no free will about it. We are all born out of a dark womb into the natural light of day, but this too is but a parable. We must be “born again” out of spiritual darkness of this age into the glorious light of the Sun of God. It is a painful journey, and requires an experience of evil to accomplish.

“And I gave my heart to seek and search out by wisdom concerning all things that are done under heaven: this sore travail has God given to the sons of man to be exercised therewith”  (Ecclesiastes 1:13).

http://bible-truths.com/lake15-C.html
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 09:13:40 PM by Gina »

Ian 155

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2015, 05:27:18 AM »

[/quote]

An evil Spirit is unseen... I believe its main function is to oppose or exult itself above God by manipulating our thoughts or our understanding.
[/quote]

Hi Ian,

According to my understanding from  Ray’s writings is that Satan is the waster, created for the purpose of bringing temptations in our lives, I know the story from Christendom how they once led me to believe Satan was this arch angle who exult himself above God which is not the truth at all.

Satan was created Satan, a murder and a liar from the beginning and will remain so until he emerges from the lake of fire.

Why do you believe these evil spirits oppose God or exult themselves above God ? They would have to be capable of free will to do either or and we know free will is only a myth that doesn’t 
hold water.

Im sorry Ian, your statement comes straight out of Christendom’s false doctrine of theology. Satan can only do what is given him to do from above and nothing more or even for that matter nothing less either.

[/quote]

Hi there...consider the following, underlines are mine

2Th 2:3 No one should be deluding you by any method, for, should not the apostasy be coming first and the man of lawlessness be unveiled, the son of destruction,

2Th 2:4 who is opposing and lifting himself up over everyone termed a god or an object of veneration, so that he is seated in the temple of God, demonstrating that he himself is God?

Luk 14:11 For everyone exalting himself shall be humbled, and humbling himself shall be exalted.

Ecc 1:13 I applied my heart to inquiring and exploring by wisdom concerning all that is done under the heavens:it is an experience of evil Elohim has given to the sons of humanity to humble them by it.

100 % this deception/lie is allowed... until one gets given eyes to see and overcoming power to overcome which as you know comes from His blood and His testimony

Gen 3 2Elohim says, `Not eat of it shall you, and not touch it shall you, lest you be dying..
Gen 3:4 And saying is the serpent to the woman, "Not to die shall you be dying,
Gen 3:5 for the Elohim knows that, in the day you eat of it, unclosed shall be your eyes, and you become as the Elohim, knowing good and evil.

Wicked Spirits are an absolute must for the plan of salvation as are lies and deceptions we encounter daily, yea ,by the minute... 

ps why do you bring free will into the mix ???

John from Kentucky

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2015, 03:13:10 PM »

gk,

Are you the GaryK and the Horseman from the past?  If so, welcome back.  I found your posts helpful.

If you are not the reincarnation of gk's from the past, then welcome anyway.   :D

John

gk@rivervalley

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2015, 09:48:58 PM »

Thanks John.  Indeed I am.  MIA for a while.  I appreciate the welcome back.

gk@rivervalley

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2015, 10:24:31 PM »

"Hi gk, I believe that it is very important, even critical to our faith, to have some way to feel secure in truth, for me it is the Scripture." Eph 6:12  For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.   --KAT

Thanks Kat.  That's a realist reply, and appreciated.  All too often I forget of that particular verse.  Unless 'spiritual hosts of wickedness in heavenly places' has been mis-interpreted then it appears that evil spirits are real and do what they do as instructed and allowed....to a point.

"You asked, where is the doubt coming from?  It's coming from you, gk.  Nothing out there can make you doubt."--GINA

Of course it is, and, of course there is outside influence 'out there', hence, Eph 6:12.  When Jesus used the word 'sift', did he mean the disciple was sifting his own mind? 

"Im sorry Ian, your statement comes straight out of Christendom’s false doctrine of theology. Satan can only do what is given him to do from above and nothing more or even for that matter nothing less either."--RICK

It appears you've deflated your own argument.

"gk, your question; Where is the truth?...where is our 'defense' mechanism and how do we, as mere 'weak' humans, trigger our defense to gain a foot-hold in what seems a losing battle in the front?  "Where is the truth? Jesus is the truth, His word is truth. It is not a battle of good and evil, it is the knowledge of good and evil. Kat gave you scriptures Eph 6:10 -18 put on the whole armour of God! Jesus is the whole armour of God, Jesus is the truth and the truth will set you free!--MICHAEL G

I appreciate the words but you know, and I know, we all know, we can do nothing of our own.  That small part is a learned point.  I've stated in another post and I'll stand by it, 'a mustard seed of faith IS a mountain', but it's a gift, and until it's given....in large chunks or small portions, our understanding and our growth in faith is 'given'.  I don't believe we can decide, on our own, to dress ourselves in faith on any given day.

Thanks for the viewpoints all.

Gina

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2015, 11:08:19 PM »

"You asked, where is the doubt coming from?  It's coming from you, gk.  Nothing out there can make you doubt."--GINA

Of course it is, and, of course there is outside influence 'out there', hence, Eph 6:12.  When Jesus used the word 'sift', did he mean the disciple was sifting his own mind? 

Thanks for the viewpoints all.

Hi, gk

You're welcome.  Sorry I wasn't much help.

Jesus Predicts Peter's Denial

31 "Simon, Simon, behold, Satan has demanded permission to sift you like wheat;

32 but I have prayed for you, that your faith may not fail; and you, when once you have turned again, strengthen your brothers."…

What exactly does it mean to be sifted like wheat?  To have your faith tested.  Satan only appeals to those weakness that are ALREADY in carnal minds and hearts. 

And Jesus prayed for them that their faith wouldn't fail and WHEN (not "if") they turned again they'd strengthen their brothers.  And I believe that Jesus is praying for all His elect.   And if Jesus has elected you, you've got strengthening your brothers to look forward to. :)

Gina

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2015, 11:09:43 PM »

I'm pulling for ya, gk!  I'm really glad to see you back here. :)

gk@rivervalley

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2015, 11:19:24 PM »

"that your faith may not fail"--GINA

Good point.  Something to think about. 

Mike Gagne

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2015, 11:57:50 PM »

Hi gk, I dont agree with part of your quote. Part of your quote: I don't believe we can decide, on our own, to dress ourselves in faith on any given day.

I make choices all day long, sometimes I make the wrong choice and Jesus holds me accountable and by doing so I judge that choice and deal with it so that next time I might make the right choice. Yes it is His work that causes me to make the choice but I still make it. When I get up and start my day I can make a choice to believe His word or not. I can make a choice to put on the armour of God or not.

Act 1:8  But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you:

Luke 10:19   (KJV)

19  Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

I have the power to overcome, but just like LRay said, God won't force me to use it I have to make the choice to use it. Thats part of the truth I make a choice to put on....

So all day long I decide to use it or not.

In Christ
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 12:27:36 AM by Michael G »

Ian 155

« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2015, 06:07:29 AM »

Hi gk, I dont agree with part of your quote. Part of your quote: I don't believe we can decide, on our own, to dress ourselves in faith on any given day.

[/color]

Personally I agree with GK... although I have made many decisions and do so daily, I find or have found that even when I have a knowledge of the right response/action , I often lean toward the contrary and often see how weak I actually am

Faith is a gift, however, it is given in His time and at His leisure, If I do put on the belt of truth (for example)I can only put on/walk in truth, relative to what I have been given/shown

There may be some other "formula" but that's how I experience faith...

He builds his temple precise and carefully

Mike Gagne

« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2015, 10:37:57 AM »

Hi Ian, you agree with what I said, you said you lean toward the contrary most times. Yes Ian you made a choice to lean that way.
Yes it is Jesus who gives me his faith and  He opens my eyes to these truths...

Act 1:8  But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you:

Luke 10:19   (KJV)

19  Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you

All day long I decide when circumstances come upon me from the Lord to make the decision to use His truths or not. And when I do I exercise them and they grow in me and become stronger in me and it produces a overcomer in me, all by the work of Jesus!

Yes it is His work and this is how he builds his temple. I have to do this all day everyday for as long as it takes.

Php 2:12  Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
Php 2:13  For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure

PS and it is constant!

In Christ
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 10:45:46 AM by Michael G »

Kat

« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2015, 12:05:39 PM »

Hi Michael,

This is one of those things that is so very hard to keep certain aspects straight in our minds, I certainly have to keep studying the basic on these things. It seems our carnal minds just drift off in the wrong direction, if we do not keep ourselves well in tune with this truth.

We do not have a will free, nor is there even a 'limited' free will... which seems to be what you are indicating? Cause and effect is the reason we make every single decision, to even the less and most minute detail, and that cause always goes back to God, because He is totally sovereign. But it is OUR own decision, or so it seems in our mind, so we carry out the action, words or thoughts whatever reason that we do, that's why we are accountable.

Here are a few places Ray spoke on this.

http://bible-truths.com/lake2.html ------------------------

Of course all theologians are quick to point out that man does not possess total free will. Man's will is obviously limited we are told. Oh really? So it is "limited free will" that Satan and all humans possess, is it? Does no one ever bother to question the contradictions of Christian doctrine?

"Iimited, a. restricted," Webster’s Twentieth Century Dictionary, page 963.

"free, a, without restriction," Webster’s Twentieth Century dictionary page, page 682.

Does everyone know the meaning of the word "contradiction?" Only Satan could convince otherwise intelligent people that they have a "limited" -- restricted, "free" -- without restriction "will." For sure man has a will; however, it is anything but FREE!

"For it is GOD which works in you both to WILL and to DO of His good pleasure" (Phil. 2:13).

"To will" requires a "work" of GOD! We all choose as we choose because there are things and forces and situations by the millions beyond anyone’s control that CAUSE US TO CHOOSE AS WE DO! It matters not that you cannot see or feel the cause. It is there and it does its work on you. And when causes make you choose, then that particular choice could not have ever been otherwise. God is the great CAUSE of all there is. I know Christians by the hundreds of millions deny it and deny God's Word that teaches it. That unbelief and lack of faith, however, does not change the facts of God’s Word or the laws of physics.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2354.0.html ------

Dear Whirlwind:

You are not understanding this subject and the principle behind it. You ask: "Is it man making the choices or is it God's predestination of things?"  It is BOTH.  Listen:  God is SOVEREIGN! Man therefore has NO FREE WILL OR NO FREE CHOICE.  That's it. That's all there is to it.  That IS the principle. That IS the Truth.  That IS what the Bible teaches.  It is not a contradiction to say that "Man makes his own choices."  You and millions of other just think it is a contradiction to say man makes his own choices if indeed God is sovereign and God is behind all in His creation.  It is not a contradiction. It only sounds like a contradiction for those who do not believe that "God is Sovereign, and Man has no free will."

I hardly know what else to tell you.  God made man's heart. Man did not make his own heart, or his body, or his mind, or his brain, or his will, or his hopes and dreams.  They are all PREDESTINATED by the foreknowledge of God.  So then we don't make choices, right?  NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO....WE DO MAKE CHOICES.  It's just that they are CAUSED by things we can't always see.  Sometimes we can see what makes our choices and some times we can't, but either way THEY ARE CAUSED.  And God, not us, already knows in advance the outcome of all of those caused choices. How does He do that?  He is very smart (has over a 150 IQ), plus HE IS SOVEREIGN, ALL WISE, AND ALL POWERFUL.....and don't forget LOVE.

So, does God FORCE EVIL MEN TO RAPE LITTLE GIRLS?  Well, does He?  Does God being Sovereign prove that God forces evil men to rape little girls?  That's what evil theologians deduce from the truth of no free will.  They turn the Sovereignty of God into one of the biggest evils in the universe. If God is Sovereign, then God must be EVIL, because there is so much evil in the world, and God is in control of all things, right?  Wrong, wrong, wrong!  Man makes all his own choices. Just because they are CAUSED does not mean that he does not make them.  He is, in fact, CAUSED TO MAKE HIS CHOICES. But God does not directly do this. He is responsible, but He does not directly cause those choices. Things like the Devil do such things.  And who created the Devil?  That's right, that One Who is Sovereign and in charge of all things.  Evil men like raping just like evil theologians like stealing widow's social security money.  God doesn't make them do it--THEY LIKE TO DO IT.  They volunteer with little outside influence.  God made humanity this way. He created them spiritually weak.  Eve couldn't help but sin.  God has a good purpose and God will straighten it all out in the end.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2368.0.html ---------

Yes, God has determined our choices and He has determine the outcome of everything. That is how He knows all will be well with all.

You do have choices and you do make your choices. You have a choice between apple pie for dessert or cherry pie for dessert.  It is YOUR CHOICE.  You can and will choose the one that YOU PREFER.  God does not force or make you choose the cherry when you really want the apple.  Have you EVER had such a thing happen to you?  Of course not. Well, then, you DO make your own choices and you choose what YOU prefer.  This is not as hard as we make it.  But of course you cannot choose the apple if God has predetermined that you will choose the cherry.  But that's okay, because you will not WANT the apple if God has predetermined that you must choose the cherry.
v

There could be hundreds of reasons:  God may want the the apple industry to decline or increase for purposes of forcing new industry in a particular area of the country.  He might use weather patterns to effect the production of one over the other, thus making one or the other many times more expensive, thus causing a decline in purchasing cherry pies or apple pies, which would then effect other crops in a particular part of a country or nation, which would effect that area's economy, for purposes of causes unemployment or more employment (as the case may be according to His intentions), which could then effect the economy of a whole nation which would have a direct cause and effect relationship between other nations, and the ENTIRE WORLD, etc.
v

It will change you life, once you come to believe these truths to the depth of your being. I exaggerate not when I say that I have meditated hundreds and thousands of hours over these truths. That is why no theologian with twelve college degrees can come up with an intelligent argument against these truths, even though they themselves believe the complete opposite.  One giant benefit of knowing that all is of God according to His plan and intention, is that you will no longer cry over spilt milk. Yesterday's problems and heartaches will not haunt you. You will not worry anymore over why you didn't do differently. NOW you can learn and do differently--FORGETTING THE PAST.
God be with you,
Ray
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 12:49:06 PM by Kat »

Gina

« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2015, 01:04:42 PM »

I see what Michael G.'s saying and I agree with him.  He has a choice.  And he understands that the choice is his to make.  He also understands that God is the cause behind any right choice, and he (Michael) is accountable for any wrong choice he makes, but he is still the one doing the choosing.

John from Kentucky

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2015, 02:55:54 PM »

God is responsible for all, both good and evil.

God created evil. 

God created Satan, the twisted serpent, and is responsible for all that Satan does.

God created all mankind spiritually weak.  All mankind sins and does evil.  We are flawed by design.

The Potter is responsible for all that He made.

The Good News is that The Potter will make all things right, through The Seed.

Mike Gagne

« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2015, 03:09:18 PM »

I see what Michael G.'s saying and I agree with him.  He has a choice.  And he understands that the choice is his to make.  He also understands that God is the cause behind any right choice, and he (Michael) is accountable for any wrong choice he makes, but he is still the one doing the choosing.

Thats exactly what I am saying. Thanks Gina For seeing that in what I wrote.

Kat no where did I say  I had free will. read it again ( All day long I decide when circumstances come upon me from the Lord to make the decision to use His truths or not. And when I do I exercise them and they grow in me and become stronger in me and it produces a overcomer in me, all by the work of Jesus! ) His work causes me to make the wrong choice and when I make the wrong choice He holds me accountable and after so many wrong choices, by holding me accountable he causes me to make the right choice and thats how I become a overcomer. By His work. I work out my salvation with fear and trembling. Why? Because it is God who WORKS in me both to WILL and DO of His good pleasure!

In Christ

Gina

« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2015, 03:32:19 PM »

Thats exactly what I am saying. Thanks Gina For seeing that in what I wrote.

Kat no where did I say  I had free will. read it again ( All day long I decide when circumstances come upon me from the Lord to make the decision to use His truths or not. And when I do I exercise them and they grow in me and become stronger in me and it produces a overcomer in me, all by the work of Jesus! ) His work causes me to make the wrong choice and when I make the wrong choice He holds me accountable and after so many wrong choices, by holding me accountable he causes me to make the right choice and thats how I become a overcomer. By His work. I work out my salvation with fear and trembling. Why? Because it is God who WORKS in me both to WILL and DO of His good pleasure!

In Christ

You're welcome, Michael.   Yeah, some people are so confused over what it means to have God working in them to will and to act, they make it sound like they aren't "doing" the good works that God prepared for them beforehand.   

LOL, maybe they aren't.  :D

You seem very glad to have God's power working in you to act accordingly, and I can totally see how you're giving God all the credit for whatever good works you do.  Remember too that God is working in you to will and to act according to the good works that he prepared beforehand that you may walk in them. 

God is not working in anyone to will to do wrong.   Every GOOD and perfect gift comes down from the Father of all lights. ...

God has other means to show up the weakness of our flesh. 

He doesn't work in us to WILL to SIN.  But He works in us to will and to do His GOOD pleasure.

Doing the wrong things is not good, so you can be certain God is not working in you to do wrong.

Maybe that's what you meant and I just misunderstood.

Keep up the good work.  :)

« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 03:51:03 PM by Gina »

Kat

« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2015, 04:09:15 PM »

Hi Michael, good that you have the no free will thing down pat. But it's easy to have problems with the nuances of these things, if bringing the basic up for review was not for your benefit than maybe it can help somebody else.

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 04:19:03 PM by Kat »

gk@rivervalley

« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2015, 05:12:33 PM »

"I have the power to overcome"--MICHAEL G

Sounds like you're sitting in the captains chair.  But........you do not 'have the power to overcome'........not by YOUR power.   At least it doesn't appear to be what Ray has taught and I'll certainly concede the argument if someone can show me where Ray did, or scripture....one and the same.

I'm not speaking of 'choice'.  We agree on that point, we choose all day long.  But even with that we will make the choice that has been designed for us to make.

Perhaps this is the part I stated that you don't agree:  "I don't believe we can decide, on our own"--GK

"All day long I decide ...........to make the decision to use His truths or not.....--MICHAEL G

You make a 'choice', the outcome has been determined long before.

"He also understands that God is the cause behind any ........ choice"---GINA

Maybe.

The thrust point was of 'faith'.  Not of choice.  I remain at this point that 'faith' is given.....not chosen.  We may 'overcome' and be increased with faith, but that too is by design.  Not by anything of our own accomplishment.

Gina

« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2015, 05:25:49 PM »

"I have the power to overcome"--MICHAEL G

Sounds like you're sitting in the captains chair.  But........you do not 'have the power to overcome'........not by YOUR power.   At least it doesn't appear to be what Ray has taught and I'll certainly concede the argument if someone can show me where Ray did, or scripture....one and the same.

I'm not speaking of 'choice'.  We agree on that point, we choose all day long.  But even with that we will make the choice that has been designed for us to make.

Perhaps this is the part I stated that you don't agree:  "I don't believe we can decide, on our own"--GK

"All day long I decide ...........to make the decision to use His truths or not.....--MICHAEL G

You make a 'choice', the outcome has been determined long before.

"He also understands that God is the cause behind any ........ choice"---GINA

Maybe.

The thrust point was of 'faith'.  Not of choice.  I remain at this point that 'faith' is given.....not chosen.  We may 'overcome' and be increased with faith, but that too is by design.  Not by anything of our own accomplishment.

gk,

You're jealous.  So were the Pharisees.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 22 queries.