bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Evil Spirits  (Read 15907 times)

Gina

Re: Evil Spirits
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2015, 05:29:44 PM »

18 And He [Jesus] said to them [His disciples, of which Michael and I are], "I was watching Satan fall from heaven like lightning.

19 "Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing will injure you.

20 "Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are recorded in heaven."

Gina

« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2015, 05:42:37 PM »

I'm not ashamed of what God has done for me, gk.  I obviously have still a lot to overcome, but you have to start somewhere.  I'm practicing at righteousness.   How about you?

1 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.

2 And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

3 If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant

5 or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;

6 it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth.

7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8 Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away.

9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part,

10 but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away.

11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways.

12 For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.

13 So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

7  Look at what is before your eyes. If anyone is confident that he is Christ’s, let him remind himself that just as he is Christ’s, so also are we.

8 For even if I boast a little too much of our authority, which the Lord gave for BUILDING YOU UP and NOT for destroying you, I will not be ashamed.

9 I do not want to appear to be frightening you with my letters.

10 For they say, “His letters are weighty and strong, but his bodily presence is weak, and his speech of no account.”

11 Let such a person understand that what we say by letter when absent, we do when present.

12 Not that we dare to classify or compare ourselves with some of those who are commending themselves. But when they measure themselves by one another and compare themselves with one another, they are without understanding.

13 But we will not boast beyond limits, but will boast only with regard to the area of influence God assigned to us, to reach even to you.

14 For we are not overextending ourselves, as though we did not reach you. For we were the first to come all the way to you with the gospel of Christ.

15 We do not boast beyond limit in the labors of others. But our hope is that as your faith increases, our area of influence among you may be greatly enlarged,

16 so that we may preach the gospel in lands beyond you, without boasting of work already done in another’s area of influence.

17 “Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord.”

18 For it is not the one who commends himself who is approved, but the one whom the Lord commends.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 06:18:03 PM by Gina »

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2015, 10:17:55 PM »

Hi Ian, you agree with what I said, you said you lean toward the contrary most times. Yes Ian you made a choice to lean that way.
Yes it is Jesus who gives me his faith and  He opens my eyes to these truths...

Act 1:8  But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you:

Luke 10:19   (KJV)

19  Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you

All day long I decide when circumstances come upon me from the Lord to make the decision to use His truths or not. And when I do I exercise them and they grow in me and become stronger in me and it produces a overcomer in me, all by the work of Jesus!

Yes it is His work and this is how he builds his temple. I have to do this all day everyday for as long as it takes.

Php 2:12  Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
Php 2:13  For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure

PS and it is constant!

In Christ

Mike, I don't want to 'dismantle' your thoughts, but add to them.

There have been times in my life (and I am in no way suggesting this is a 'wise' way to live) that despite my desires to the contrary, I fouled up and did the right thing.  It's no surprise (to me, at least) that people 'trying' and 'choosing' can get things right.  And conversely gets things wrong when they really want to.  What surprises me and teaches me deeply just how sovereign God is is when those not 'trying' and 'choosing' STILL do 'right'.  And those 'trying' and 'planning' still get things wrong. 

The night I came to BT was one such experience like that.  I was given faith in a night where I was not only NOT SEEKING, but SEEKING the opposite. I cannot (and do not) take any credit for having been given faith, BUT I still believed whereas before I did not.  That's one reason why I love Paul.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

gk@rivervalley

« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2015, 10:49:57 PM »

"gk  You're jealous.  So were the Pharisees."--GINA

From where does this come? Un-necessary and not relevant.  You downcast your 'spiritual eyes' not in one, but three continuing posts?

Must you turn the topic to yourself Gina?  Always?  Your loose cannon diatribe of scripture, high-lights of your spiritual walk and where you are in your 'righteousness', Gina, is between you and God.  It wouldn't make difference to anyone if you could throw it on the floor and growl at it. 

But lecturing?  Don't parade.  Most un-attractive.

Mike Gagne

« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2015, 12:06:35 AM »

Hi gk, You made A choice to not have faith in what I said! heres what I said...

Quote; I have the power to overcome, but just like LRay said, God won't force me to use it I have to make the choice to use it. End of Quote.

Christ is in me, thats the power I have!

Joh 17:21  That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

Joh 17:22  And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

Joh 17:23  I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

Joh 17:24  Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world

And Again

Act 1:8  But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you:

Luke 10:19   (KJV)

19  Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you

God has given us all a measure of faith and you choose not to use it in what I said. Now you can make a choice to use it in what LRay Smith said, here
is a quote from LRays teachings, not mine. Lake of fire series...

Jesus never sinned. Why not? Why didn't Jesus sin? I have said before: Because His Father wouldn't let Him sin, and because His Father inspired Jesus through His Holy Spirit to turn from the temptation every time. Jesus' motivation to not sin was much greater than His temptation to sin, and the stronger motivator (the love of God's Spirit in Him) always won out. This is how Jesus "overcame the world." Now then, is this powerful motivator available to us? Yes, thank God, it is:

"But you shall receive power after that the Holy Spirit is come upon you..." (Acts 1:8).

And so, when a man who is tempted to spend more time looking at a woman than he should, looking at her to lust after her, the Spirit of God will give him power to turn away. God won't make you or force you to turn away, but He will give you the power to turn away, and then you have to do the turning. And should you fail to turn away before you actually lust after her, then you must "pluck out your eye. No not your literal, physical, organ of the body, but the lustful eye of your heart.

No man's physical eyes has ever lusted after anything. All lust comes from the heart, the carnal mind, and that part of the carnal mind must be "plucked out," or "cut off." But you must be the one who does the plucking and cutting or God will intervene and "cast your whole body into Gehenna fire" in a later Judgment where this spiritual fire is called "The Lake of Fire.

Now gk I haven't said anything through this whole post that has not been taught by Mr Smith. I used scripture with it and now you can make a choice with the faith God has given you to believe or not! Either way it is God which will open your eyes, you will just be the one to receive

In Christ

Mike Gagne

« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2015, 12:30:58 AM »

Hi Dave, I agree with you. God is sovereign in everyones life, all that lived or are living are not running around doing their own thing! Your right Dave, I have never seek out God. His word says that there is none that seek God, no not one. Why would it be different for any of us? Its not, none of us sought the Lord. I never look for Lray Smiths and Dennis Vogels websites, Jesus led me right here! Dave I can see it now, I am reputed as nothing.

I have been thinking about this scripture for a while...
2Th 2:3  Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

The last part of that scripture, the man of sin be revealed. You know I just Didn't read from Lrays teachings and then that was it. No, it seems to me the man of sin being revealed is a process.  Just thought that might fit in.

Ian 155

« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2015, 05:48:03 AM »

Quote from: Michael G on Yesterday at 10:37:57 AM
Hi Ian, you agree with what I said, you said you lean toward the contrary most times. Yes Ian you made a choice to lean that way.

Michael Perhaps I did or perhaps an evil spirit was sent to cause me to lean the other way, either way God got his way

I think a starting point for me and the hardest things to digest was understanding that I was not the one who made me and I, although accountable for choices, I am not responsable ...

Therefore there is now no condemnation, as i have been given understanding of the above and am therefore In Christ.

We have an advocate thank God ...I believe Pharaoh and Nero and Hitler ,hard as it may sound,have one too
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 05:57:32 AM by Ian 155 »

santgem

« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2015, 07:55:05 AM »

What is the difference between............

I have the power to overcome   VS     I have overcome by the power.............

Not an English teacher but I think big, big, big difference....... ??? :-\ ;) :)

Mike Gagne

« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2015, 10:01:52 AM »

What is the difference between............

I have the power to overcome   VS     I have overcome by the power.............

Not an English teacher but I think big, big, big difference....... ??? :-\ ;) :)

Hi santgem,  Read what I wrote again and see where I said, I have the power to overcome comes from.  Theres no difference, its not my power its His power. He has given it to me. Its right there in the scripture read it....

In Christ

Kat

« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2015, 01:19:51 PM »

Hi gk,

I always likely how Ray put that faith and grace work together and all the other relevant point he brought out in this part of Bible study about 'Do James and Paul Contradict?'

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,9742.0.html ------------

“BY GRACE ARE YE SAVED THROUGH FAITH”

In Ephesians 2, here Paul puts it all together for us.

Eph 2:8  For by grace are ye saved through faith (alone?)…

Is that what it says? That’s what Martin Luther would have you think it says. That’s what A. E. Knoch would have you think. That’s what Dobson and Billy Graham and all the rest of these guys, the modern Worldwide church of God, would have you believe. No!

Eph 2:8  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that (‘this’ would be a better word)... 

Now I‘ve always said ‘that,’ that being the faith. That that faith is not your own it’s the gift of God. But I think it is talking about ‘this’ or ‘these.’

v. 8  For by grace are ye saved through faith…

‘This’ grace and ‘this’ faith, both of them, not just the one, but both of them.     

v. 8 … not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
v. 9  Not of works…

Here it is, here we get to bring it on down. It’s “not of works,” it’s of FAITH. But it’s not your own faith, it’s this gift of God faith and this gift of God grace. That’s how you're saved, not by your works. Not by works, because that is something you do. This faith and this grace, it’s not yours, it comes from God. It's a gift, that’s not yours, it’s God’s, but He gives it to you. That’s what is going to save you, not your own works. Your own works will not save you, it takes this gift of grace, gratuitous, free, favor, love from God and the faith of God as a gift to you. That’s going to save you, not your good works, lest you boast. 

v. 9  …lest any man should boast.

Then you would say, ‘well I earned it, I did it, I deserve it, I did it and I earned it.’ It’s not of works. Now get the context here, sometimes we read these verses and we don’t put them all together in one thought, in one sentence. This grace and this faith of God is given to you as a gift and that is what is going to save you, not your own works.

v. 10  For we are HIS workmanship…

Now if you read that, "for WE are His workmanship," well then you lost it. No no no, you’ve got to know how to put the emphasis on the right words. 

From Eph. 2:8-10, it’s grace and faith from GOD, a gift from GOD, not of yourself, from GOD, that saves you. Not your works, this gift is from GOD, "for we are HIS workmanship"…  What kind of workmanship?

v. 10  …created in Christ Jesus unto good works…

Now are good works absolutely essential to this thing called salvation? Absolutely, you just have to get it straight in your mind. It’s not your faith, it’s Christ’s faith, it’s God’s faith... it’s not your grace, it’s God’s grace... it’s not your works, it’s GOD’S works in you. Do you see it? It’s God’s works in you.

v. 10  …which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

This is ordained, it’s got to be. This is not like, ‘well it’s nice if you have some, but it’s okay if you don’t, because you’re saved by faith alone.’ No, this is essential. Do you see how he brings faith and works together? They are both essential, they just come from God.
v
Now I’m going to start bringing this works and faith together here. First I want you to understand, good works are never referred to as ‘works of the law.’  See you could assume, that since Paul said “that by the works of the law shall no man be justified.” James said, “a man is justified by his works,” that it’s a contradiction. It’s not a contradiction. James is talking about works (and we are going to see what kind of works). Paul is talking about the works of the law. Now these are two different things. Paul tells us what works of the law are… circumcision, this observing of times and days weeks. And in other places touch not, eat not, all these dietary laws and so on. Paul talks about that through all his writings, works of the law, physical, carnal, beggarly, weak things, you see. 

Now we are going to see what James talks about, when he talks about works, not works of the law. We are going to see what he talks about and see if he is talking about these days and times and circumcisions and washings and cups and eating and touch not and this endless array of laws that Israel had to do. 
v
Show me, that’s what James is saying here. He said you “show me your faith without works,” which he’s saying, you can’t do it... then he says, “I’ll show you my faith by my works.” I put my money where my mouth is, James says I do what I say, I not only talk the talk, but walk the walk.

James 2:19  Thou believest (Strong’s 4100)…

The word is faith. There are two words, one is 4100 - pisteuō  and then we have 4102 - pistis. One is used as a noun and one is used as a verb. It’s the same root word. Faith is a noun, I have faith 4102. How do I have faith, because I believe 4100, that’s a verb. My faith (noun) believe (verbs).

v. 19 Thou believe (or you have faith) that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Wow, James doesn’t mince words does he. He says, so you believe and you’ve got this uppity yucky lovey dovey kissy kissy huggy huggy faith in your heart, right? Well let me tell you something, so do the demons, so do the devils. Now he could have said it again, what does it profit them without works, because they believe? 

v. 20  But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
v
Two other important Scriptures. Did Jesus Christ have anything to say about good works or was He one of these faith and grace people like Paul supposedly was.

Mat 5:15  Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
v. 16  Let your light so shine before men…

Now He is talking to His Apostles this is the Sermon on the Mount, if you read my last installment you know that the Sermon on the Mount is for us. This is for us, His disciples.

v. 16 … that they may see your good works…

Works of the law? It didn’t say works of the law, it said “good works.”

v. 16  …and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
end of Bible study excerpt ------------------------------------------------------

Col 1:9  And so, from the day we heard, we have not ceased to pray for you, asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding,
v. 10  so as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to Him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God.

So I am thinking we sometimes get 'good works' confused with how the church boost of their literal working out in the world - works of the law. But it seems more like to build up righteous character it is the inward man/woman that must learn/develop the fruit of the spirit.

Php 1:10  so that you may approve what is excellent, and so be pure and blameless for the day of Christ,
v. 11  filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.

Gal 5:22  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
v. 23  gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.
v. 24  And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

This is so different than what the church does, though it certainly is a good thing to help the poor... but the believer's battle/struggle is inward, circumcision of the heart, a new attitude of mind.

Eph 4:22  that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts,
v. 23  and be renewed in the spirit of your mind,
v. 24  and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness.

Rom 2:29  but he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the Spirit, not in the letter; whose praise is not from men but from God.

Hope that is helpful.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

P.S. I came back and added a part I realized I had left out about what James said in that excerpt from 'Do James and Paul Contradict?'
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 05:15:19 PM by Kat »

repottinger

« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2015, 04:01:00 PM »

Thank you for posting such an edifying writing by Ray, Kat!
Your brother in Christ,
Randy

Mike Gagne

« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2015, 10:19:42 PM »

Quote from: Michael G on Yesterday at 10:37:57 AM

Michael Perhaps I did or perhaps an evil spirit was sent to cause me to lean the other way, either way God got his way

I think a starting point for me and the hardest things to digest was understanding that I was not the one who made me and I, although accountable for choices, I am not responsable ...

Therefore there is now no condemnation, as i have been given understanding of the above and am therefore In Christ.

We have an advocate thank God ...I believe Pharaoh and Nero and Hitler ,hard as it may sound,have one too

Hi Ian, Yes Pharaoh and Nero and Hitler have a advocate, they are of their father the devil and he is their advocate. Jesus is not their advocate right now.  :)

Opps, they are dead, no advocate for them now! Sorry...

« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 10:22:00 PM by Michael G »

Ian 155

« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2015, 03:48:09 AM »

[/quote]

Hi Ian, Yes Pharaoh and Nero and Hitler have a advocate, they are of their father the devil and he is their advocate. Jesus is not their advocate right now.  :)

[/quote]

last comment, lest I become guilty of " hijack "although it does "fit" the subject of the thread ...

No one said anything about timing, regarding the 3 mentioned, however, regarding your statement on their state, please have a look at the following verses, this helped me, start with the verses preceding

ERV

Jud 1:9  Not even the archangel Michael did this. Michael argued with the devil about who would have the body of Moses. But Michael did not dare to condemn even the devil for his false accusations. Instead, Michael said, "The Lord punish you!

Jud 1:10  But these people criticize things they don't understand. They do understand some things. But they understand these things not by thinking, but by feeling, the way dumb animals understand things. And these are the things that destroy them

1Co 4:5  So don't judge anyone now. The time for judging will be when the Lord comes. He will shine light on everything that is now hidden in darkness. He will make known the secret purposes of our hearts. Then the praise each person should get will come from God.

CLV

Joh 21:21 Peter, then, perceiving this one, is saying to Jesus, "Lord, yet what of this man?

Joh 21:22 Jesus is saying to him, "If I should be wanting him to be remaining till I am coming, what is it to you? You be following Me!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 04:04:29 AM by Ian 155 »

Mike Gagne

« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2015, 10:14:19 AM »

Ian ,I see you are offended at the truth. Heres your quote....

[/quote]

last comment, lest I become guilty of " hijack "although it does "fit" the subject of the thread ...

No one said anything about timing, regarding the 3 mentioned, however, regarding your statement on their state, please have a look at the following verses, this helped me, start with the verses preceding

ERV

Jud 1:9  Not even the archangel Michael did this. Michael argued with the devil about who would have the body of Moses. But Michael did not dare to condemn even the devil for his false accusations. Instead, Michael said, "The Lord punish you!

Jud 1:10  But these people criticize things they don't understand. They do understand some things. But they understand these things not by thinking, but by feeling, the way dumb animals understand things. And these are the things that destroy them

1Co 4:5  So don't judge anyone now. The time for judging will be when the Lord comes. He will shine light on everything that is now hidden in darkness. He will make known the secret purposes of our hearts. Then the praise each person should get will come from God.

CLV

Joh 21:21 Peter, then, perceiving this one, is saying to Jesus, "Lord, yet what of this man?

Joh 21:22 Jesus is saying to him, "If I should be wanting him to be remaining till I am coming, what is it to you? You be following Me!
[/quote]   

End of your quote

Thats all I did is state what is true! Read it again.

Act 13:9  Then Saul, (who also is called Paul,) filled with the Holy Ghost, set his eyes on him,
Act 13:10  And said, O full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?

1Jn 3:7  Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
1Jn 3:8  He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
1Jn 3:9  Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
1Jn 3:10  In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother

1Jn 3:11  For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.
1Jn 3:12  Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

Well Ian it looks like I am not the only one to make a statement as I made. Now Those men who's names  you brought to this thread, do you think these men were called and chosen?

Looks like your judging me. (  Jud 1:9  Not even the archangel Michael did this.) 

In Christ
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 10:17:59 AM by Michael G »

John from Kentucky

« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2015, 11:19:37 AM »

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

If we say we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.
  1John 1:8-10

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2015, 07:35:13 PM »

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 22 queries.