bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Spiritual meanings in Genesis?  (Read 3466 times)

Reg

Spiritual meanings in Genesis?
« on: July 07, 2015, 02:44:15 PM »

I am just beginning to wrap my mind around the topic Ray has briefly talked about regarding the creation of humanity.I am wondering if in Genesis 2:5 area where it says there was no man to till the soil if there is deeper spiritual meaning that is not referring to farming. Is it referring to some sort of preaching or teaching of God to the people? If there was already a population of man on earth prior to Adam and Eve I just wonder if they (Already existing humanity) are the field that had not sprouted.

I use to believe the stuff taught by people such as Ken Ham and though I know better now, I am far from understanding and trying to unlearn much untruth.

Thanks,
Reg

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: Spiritual meanings in Genesis?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 06:38:02 PM »

Hi Reg.  As far as I know, Ray didn't expound on any direct correlation such as the one you are thinking. 

Only to add:  there is always a deeper spiritual truth to any statement of scripture, whether it is poetry, prophecy, or history.  All of scripture is One...one parable, which teaches God making mankind in His image.  Whatever is True becomes more true the more you study. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Ian 155

Re: Spiritual meanings in Genesis?
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 06:44:38 AM »

Area where it says there was no man to till the soil

Im not to sure if Ray said much on this,I believe there is some assistance  in translation,these thoughts are mine so you need to search out this matter.

clv puts it as follows
Gen 2:5 and every shrub of the field ere it is coming to be in the earth, and all herbage of the field ere it is sprouting, at that time Yahweh Elohim does not bring rain on the earth, and there was no human to serve the ground.

Guided by the Holy Spirit, men (humanity) those whom still await God's breath are "Like" or likened to, grass,trees,fish,stones,dust,earth,ground,sea etc ...so one would know within themselves what the spirit is saying, that is if one has an "ear"

Spiritually in the 1st Adam All die, if one sees "Adam"as representing a "type of people" I think one is close to establishing that Eve also represents a type of people (I believe they are the "called" ) or bride perhaps ?

Eve came out of Adam,we come out of God, one needs to listen to what the spirit is saying .

The called get tasked with "tilling/serving" the "ground" as in {Luke 13v8}

Did Christ come to serve? do we, like it or not, serve God ?

As you know,each verse/word in the bible is "loaded"

As Dave says the more one studies the more apparent the secrets become
 see Prov 25v2
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 23 queries.