bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jesus' Donkey  (Read 5199 times)

Gina

Jesus' Donkey
« on: June 06, 2015, 02:46:01 AM »

This is one of those things that some will probably think is not very valuable.

I'm just putting it out there for a little levity.

Jesus said, 

29 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? And not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father.

30 But even the hairs of your head are all numbered.

31 Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.

I really like my avatar picture.  I believe Jesus loved that donkey.  I believe that the donkey knew exactly Who was sitting on it.  And I like this story, too: 

Balaam’s Donkey

21 Balaam got up in the morning, saddled his donkey and went with the Moabite officials.

22 But God was very angry when he went, and the angel of the Lord stood in the road to oppose him. Balaam was riding on his donkey, and his two servants were with him.

23 When the donkey saw the angel of the Lord standing in the road with a drawn sword in his hand, it turned off the road into a field. Balaam beat it to get it back on the road.

24 Then the angel of the Lord stood in a narrow path through the vineyards, with walls on both sides.

25 When the donkey saw the angel of the Lord, it pressed close to the wall, crushing Balaam’s foot against it. So he beat the donkey again.

26 Then the angel of the Lord moved on ahead and stood in a narrow place where there was no room to turn, either to the right or to the left.

27 When the donkey saw the angel of the Lord, it lay down under Balaam, and he was angry and beat it with his staff.

28 Then the Lord opened the donkey’s mouth, and it said to Balaam, “What have I done to you to make you beat me these three times?”

29 Balaam answered the donkey, “You have made a fool of me! If only I had a sword in my hand, I would kill you right now.”

30 The donkey said to Balaam, “Am I not your own donkey, which you have always ridden, to this day? Have I been in the habit of doing this to you?”

“No,” he said.

31 Then the Lord opened Balaam’s eyes, and he saw the angel of the Lord standing in the road with his sword drawn. So he bowed low and fell facedown.

32 The angel of the Lord asked him, “Why have you beaten your donkey these three times? I have come here to oppose you because your path is a reckless one before me.

33 The donkey saw me and turned away from me these three times. If it had not turned away, I would certainly have killed you by now, but I would have spared it.”

Sometimes I hope that for those of us who have lost our beloved pets, there will be a place for them in the new heavens and new earth. 

But then I think, man, there has been one heck of a lot of animals that have roamed this earth.  Dinosaurs and everything else.  And I wonder, why if their spirit, like ours, goes back to God who gave it, would God not raise them back to life? 

But then I think, Jesus didn't die as a sin-offering for animals. 

But then I think, so why would they not have a place in the new heavens and new earth since they haven't really "sinned"? 

And I think, if God is going to make all things new...and they are a part of this present earth, why can't there be a place for them in the new one?

I like thinking about that stuff because it's harmless and it doesn't involve "evil." 

A lot of us can see and appreciate how our pets and animals have personalities of their own.  I just love that about animals.  (My friend has had all these dogs and things and they LOVE me!  They get so excited when they see me.) 

I can also empathize with those who don't care for dogs and cats.

But I just think it's amazing how they can see things we can't.  They can hear things we can't.  I just wonder....

But no more pets for me, at least for the time being.  I really, REALLY, don't like cleaning out litter boxes and I'm allergic to pet hair.  And birds and other animals can carry all sorts of diseases that can transfer to humans.  Maybe in the new heaven and earth that stuff can all be worked out of them, like all our sin will be worked out of us?

I don't know but I just wonder....  Because some animals are just so sweet and harmless and loving.  Especially little kittens and puppies.

Gina

Re: Jesus' Donkey
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2015, 02:53:52 AM »

But what is in the mind of a individual that makes this (galaxy) and makes this (kitties)? Or my little puppy, did you see Caesar? He’s like one of the cutest puppies ever born, at least I think so, I love that dog.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,12896.msg113267.html#msg113267

:)

Kat

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2015, 11:37:46 AM »

Hi Gina,

Solomon made mention of what happens to animals.

Ecc 3:20  All go to one place: all are from the dust, and all return to dust.
v. 21  Who knows the spirit of the sons of men, which goes upward, and the spirit of the animal, which goes down to the earth?

I guess he too wondered what happened to animals when they die, it's a certainly that all (human and animal) die and return to dust... but then he seems to speculate about where the animal spirit of life ends up and suggest it remains in the dust of the ground. But Solomon is clear about the spirit in man returns to God until resurrection.

Ecc 12:7  Then the dust will return to the earth as it was, And the spirit will return to God who gave it.

So anyway I have come to accept that animals are in this world for the extra element they add to this life experience we have, but when they die there is no resurrection for them. But I think about just how much all intricacies of nature adds to this world, we have so many wonders to behold that makes our own existence here so much more interesting that's for sure. We have our pets to enjoy for a while and I have had many to love.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2015, 05:48:43 PM »

Hi Gina,
I appreciate your sincere love for animals and especially your own pets.
Please consider a view of animal intelligence that may be helpful.

All animals other than mankind operate on instinct alone. Only humans have choice...
Lower animals are "programmed" to care for themselves, their offspring and to respond to humans in a planned manner. Animals do not have free will! Animals are subject to cause and effect just as we are.

When a puppy licks your hand it is actually God offering you HIS love through the puppy. When a dog bites you it is because you are intruding upon the marked territory of the dog's master, again a planned response to preserve the species.

Whenever we see a mother caring for her fawns or puppies or little birds, they are an example of God's creation in action for our benefit.

So then why do we need or want lower animals, pets in heaven?
Isn't it because we have found many attributes of God's peace and love in the affection for animals that don't judge us or refuse to forgive us, but rather trust us every day to provide for them, giving them food and shelter and our loving attention once they are domesticated?

It is of course natural to desire these things and to want them to continue into the next life, but aren't we underestimating God's power to provide love and affection many times as desirable as we have experienced with these pets? I think so, first the natural and then the spiritual, the better life.
Plus think of the billions and more humans who will need our attention and love and who will provide us with a sense of closeness and simple trust that we received from our pets in this life.

So then it is my belief that there will be pets available for all the lost of the world when they are resurrected still mortal and living a new life and learning righteousness, but I don't see the benefit of a "pet" for those in the first resurrection.

Gina

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2015, 09:21:28 PM »

i-Bob, something just finally clicked.  Thank you for responding.  I feel so much better.

Gina

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2015, 09:24:42 PM »

Hi Gina,

v. 21  Who knows the spirit of the sons of men, which goes upward, and the spirit of the animal, which goes down to the earth?

I guess he too wondered what happened to animals when they die, it's a certainly that all (human and animal) die and return to dust... but then he seems to speculate about where the animal spirit of life ends up and suggest it remains in the dust of the ground. But Solomon is clear about the spirit in man returns to God until resurrection.

Ecc 12:7  Then the dust will return to the earth as it was, And the spirit will return to God who gave it.

So anyway I have come to accept that animals are in this world for the extra element they add to this life experience we have, but when they die there is no resurrection for them. But I think about just how much all intricacies of nature adds to this world, we have so many wonders to behold that makes our own existence here so much more interesting that's for sure. We have our pets to enjoy for a while and I have had many to love.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Right after I hit send on this thread, that's what I started doing ... thinking about all the other intricacies (and earth worms, specifically - because we need them too).  Yes, there's so much to consider.   Who has time for wars?   :)

rick

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2015, 04:53:46 PM »

Hi Gina,

mercy, peace and love
Kat
   Who has time for wars?   :)

Unfortunately the united states does Gina.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 24 queries.