bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remarrige  (Read 5488 times)

Nelson Boils

Remarrige
« on: June 08, 2015, 03:33:15 PM »

From the transcript 'What is marriage?'
Ray said:"If adultery is involved,Jesus okays the marriage of a divorced person."

But, 1 Cor 7:10 NIV-"...a wife must not separate from her husband.But if she does,she must remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband."

Does the above verse go against remarrige?Actually,what is happening here?

Gina

Re: Remarrige
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 06:14:46 PM »

He means she can't just leave her husband when he has remained totally faithful (i.e., doesn't withhold love and affection, hasn't been physically, verbally, mentally, and emotionally abusive, provides food, clothing [not mink coats] and housing (necessities) for her and their children--assuming he is physically able to, and didn't defile the marriage bed). 

Let's say he gets in a bad accident and is in a coma or something or is unable to work and can't provide the basics, and maybe he  becomes very depressed and loses his temper because of it, but isn't guilty of all the other stuff, she can't just up and walk out on him because he's of no "use" to her anymore.  If she does walk out on him, then she can't remarry and she has to remain unmarried.  Or else, reconcile with her husband. 

On the other hand, if he hasn't been faithful she is permitted to divorce him and remarry if she chooses to.  But that doesn't mean she MUST divorce, or must remarry either.

Nelson Boils

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 07:42:26 PM »

I'm not sure if I follow.I always thought remarriage goes against this verse,and quite frankly,I still do.I'm disappointed Ray did not elaborate more on this.

I don't know though,perhaps you could try explaining it again using scriptures that support remarriage under the new covenant.Are there such scriptures?

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2015, 07:51:40 PM »

One of the purposes of this instruction is to lead the people of God to consider very carefully the requirement of a life long commitment such as marriage. Especially our marriage to Christ.

Marriage is a picture of how our relationship with God should be.
Even though we are called and even though God has the power to see to it that we finish the race. the lesson is to teach us how valuable, serious, important our relationship with God is and to give us joy in the challenge.

Luke 14:26-33 New King James Version (NKJV)

26 “If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple. 27 And whoever does not bear his cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple. 28 For which of you, intending to build a tower, does not sit down first and count the cost, whether he has enough to finish it— 29 lest, after he has laid the foundation, and is not able to finish, all who see it begin to mock him, 30 saying, ‘This man began to build and was not able to finish’? 31 Or what king, going to make war against another king, does not sit down first and consider whether he is able with ten thousand to meet him who comes against him with twenty thousand? 32 Or else, while the other is still a great way off, he sends a delegation and asks conditions of peace. 33 So likewise, whoever of you does not forsake all that he has cannot be My disciple.

Gina

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2015, 07:58:05 PM »

I'm not sure if I follow.I always thought remarriage goes against this verse,and quite frankly,I still do.I'm disappointed Ray did not elaborate more on this.

I don't know though,perhaps you could try explaining it again using scriptures that support remarriage under the new covenant.Are there such scriptures?

Sorry, but I don't want to and I can't do any better than Ray did.  Friendly suggestion:  put this aside for a while, and pray about it and ask God to give you wisdom and try to relax when you read Ray's paper again. 

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2015, 08:29:03 PM »

Romans chapter 7.

Read all the words.  You'll either see it or you won't.  Arguing will do nothing for you.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 09:02:59 PM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Nelson Boils

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2015, 08:44:15 PM »

It is unfortunate Ray didn't get around explaining his statement,I know he would've been able to explain it fully.Anyway,it's no biggy!

For the meantime I'll stick to what I see.

Anyway no problem,Thanx Gina.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 08:51:46 PM by Nelson Boils »

Gina

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2015, 08:49:53 PM »

It is unfortunate Ray didn't get around explaining his statement,I know he would've been able to explain it fully.Anyway,it's no biggy!

For the meantime,I'll stick to my guns.

Anyway no problem,Thanx Gina.

You're welcome, Nelson! :)

Oatmeal

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2015, 09:27:26 PM »

I also cannot understand the argument that 'fornication' in Matthew 19:9 = something inclusive of adultery occurring after the marriage ceremony.   

Looking at Matthew 5:31-32, Matthew 19:3-12, Mark 10:2-12, and Luke 16:15-18:

If a man wrongfully divorcing his wife results in adultery, committed by the man who divorces and then marries another, committed by the man who marries the divorced woman, and committed by the divorced woman (if she marries another?), is Jesus making it very clear to us that such a plethora of adultery has NOT annulled the original marriage covenant and we can understand the truth of this because such a plethora of adultery could only be occurring if the original marriage covenant has NOT been annulled?

AND has it also been made clear to us that the divorce (the certificate of divorce) PLUS the adultery has NOT annulled the original marriage covenant?  The woman (at the beginning 'the innocent party') remains in a continuous state of committing adultery, and also the man that marries her, even though her first husband is now in a state of continuously committing adultery himself AND a certificate of divorce has been issued in regard to the original marriage.

If the answer to the two questions, one in each of the above two paragraphs, is a 'yes', then how is one able to define 'fornication' in Matthew 19:9 as something inclusive of adultery + something that occurs after the marriage ceremony + something that can annul a marriage through the method of divorce, if Jesus in the very same sentence said that divorce + adultery cannot annul a marriage?

Thanks

Oatmeal
From Micah 7:9:  By the grace and call of Yahweh I will bear the trials of the narrow way, because I have no love, until He fully shows me my sin and I am judged by Him.  He will bring me forth to the light, and I shall see His righteousness.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2015, 09:41:39 PM »

We've hacked through this issue recently and I don't want to see a repeat. 

Please try to remember while you are being 'lawyerly' that no scripture is it's own interpretation.

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Ian 155

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2015, 04:41:38 AM »

From the transcript 'What is marriage?'
Ray said:"If adultery is involved,Jesus okays the marriage of a divorced person."

But, 1 Cor 7:10 NIV-"...a wife must not separate from her husband.But if she does,she must remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband."

Does the above verse go against remarriage?Actually,what is happening here?

This pertains to Christ (the Husband) or groom,  and (Us) the ekklesia or bride...

Spiritual Fornication,adultery may be compared to reverting to carnality,in this state you are apart or outside or separated (divorced)  ...

this is not to say its OK to make the literal marriage bed unsacred,  if one is doing that,it is symptomatic of ones spiritual position 1 Corinthians 15:46.

ps we will all be reconciled to the groom

rickylittleton

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2015, 02:08:21 PM »

I agree that we hacked this subject a while ago! Living in this day and time, I am sure that if a person is pure in heart toward God, he can trust that there are going to be some things that Jesus Himself will judge! Tim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.