bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: where there is a will there is a way  (Read 3891 times)

Nelson Boils

where there is a will there is a way
« on: June 16, 2015, 10:30:02 AM »

I've heard this statement being said,"where there's a will there's a way"

Is is scriptural or is it one of those made up statements like,"God helps those who help themselves"

Extol

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: where there is a will there is a way
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 11:18:03 AM »

We could say this concept is scriptural if it is God's will we are talking about. For example: "There's no way that Osama bin Laden will be saved." Oh yes there is, where there is GOD's will, there's a way: "...who will have ALL men be saved, and come to a knowledge of the truth" (1 Tim. 2:4).

Almost every time I've heard this phrase, though, it has been people talking about regular everyday affairs...like an energetic baby who figures out how to get past the safety gate, and the mother says "Look at that little guy go; where there's a will there's a way!" Or a group of friends go out to see a movie, and it's sold out. They go to two other theaters, sold out. Finally they arrive two towns over, 30 miles away, and see a midnight showing. "Where there's a will there's a way!"

There are some who will use this phrase as motivation to become/do anything they want ("I am the captain of my soul"--Invictus), but of course this is nonsense. The phrase is only true if it is changed to "Where there's God's will, there's a way" ("Christ is the captain of my soul"--Dorothea Day).

Joel

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 05:03:51 PM »

I associate that statement with the ability mankind has to solve problems, and among other things invent untold numbers of creature comforts, and especially weapons of war.

Ecclesiastes 7:29-Lo, this only have I found, that GOD hath made man upright; but they have sought out many inventions.

Joel

dave

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 11:44:45 AM »

Funny, when I went thru Marine boot camp my D.I. would cheerfully tell us "Where there is a Will there is a way.....and my name is Will." I might ad he was!

John from Kentucky

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2015, 02:54:27 PM »

Funny, when I went thru Marine boot camp my D.I. would cheerfully tell us "Where there is a Will there is a way.....and my name is Will." I might ad he was!

;D

Nelson Boils

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2015, 08:25:54 PM »

Well put Ex
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 24 queries.