bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A word of thanks  (Read 5157 times)

Joel

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
A word of thanks
« on: June 09, 2015, 03:05:16 AM »

I am thankful that the LORD helped my wife and I through a couple of bad spots today, actually yesterday now.
One thing that happened is my wife took a bad spill while working in the yard, and other than being pretty sore from the fall is doing ok, no broken bones.
The other thing is; I went by myself to the grocery store to pick up a few things, and on my way back out I dropped my billfold without realizing it. The next person on their way out behind me was a lady that called to me and ask if the billfold on the ground was mine.
I told her that it was and I really appreciated her bringing it to my attention.
Thanks to the LORD for his protection in both of those events. :)

I also want to take this opportunity to confess that this area of the forum has been up till now the least visited by me. I intend to spend more time here taking more seriously the needs of those that post asking for prayer on this forum.
Galatians 6:2-Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

Joel

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
Re: A word of thanks
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 03:43:07 AM »

Nice to hear

Proverbs 16:9  The heart of man plans his way, but the LORD establishes his steps.

And it's only one of those small sins not to visit here that often so you have a good chance of been forgiven for that  ;)

Rhys
🤫

Gina

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 05:13:24 PM »

That's really sweet.  Thanks for sharing. :)

repottinger

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 06:48:22 PM »

Thank you for the very helpful verses, Joel and Rhys. I’m happy to hear that everything worked out well, Joel, and will pray for your wife’s continued recovery. I think that your idea to spend more time on this section of the forum is a great idea!
Yours in Christ,
Randy

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2015, 12:19:58 AM »

I am thankful that the LORD helped my wife and I through a couple of bad spots today, actually yesterday now.
One thing that happened is my wife took a bad spill while working in the yard, and other than being pretty sore from the fall is doing ok, no broken bones.
The other thing is; I went by myself to the grocery store to pick up a few things, and on my way back out I dropped my billfold without realizing it. The next person on their way out behind me was a lady that called to me and ask if the billfold on the ground was mine.
I told her that it was and I really appreciated her bringing it to my attention.
Thanks to the LORD for his protection in both of those events. :)

I also want to take this opportunity to confess that this area of the forum has been up till now the least visited by me. I intend to spend more time here taking more seriously the needs of those that post asking for prayer on this forum.
Galatians 6:2-Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

Joel

Good news Joel! Thanks for sharing!

And don't worry, we've all forgiven you for neglecting this side of the forums!  ;D  ;)

This all makes me so very happy though because now You'll be liking my songs and video posts right?  ;D  ;D  ;D

God bless,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Joel

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2015, 11:34:20 AM »

Thanks for the comments everyone.
I always have checked this area, and have enjoyed the post that forum members have shared, and have prayed when asked to do so.
I guess that testimonials, and prayer requests has been something I have shied away from even when I was big into Babylon's ways.
May be the LORD is dragging me here for some reason That I'm not fully aware of at this time.

Joel

John from Kentucky

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 03:31:40 PM »

The reason that I do not do public prayers and public prayer requests and testimonials is that Jesus tells us we should pray in private and do our good deeds in private.

What Jesus says is what I'm led to do regardless of what anyone else says or does.  He has made me impervious to criticism.  I do not care what others say if it is contrary to what Jesus says.

That's just the way it is and is going to be.

Joel

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2015, 10:29:12 PM »

For the most part, I do agree with you JFK.

Joel

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2015, 12:09:47 PM »

The reason that I do not do public prayers and public prayer requests and testimonials is that Jesus tells us we should pray in private and do our good deeds in private.

Yes, prayer should be done in private as Jesus said, HOWEVER, there is NOTHING WRONG with asking your brethren to pray for you.  I hope no one will feel discouraged from asking for prayer on this forum.  The Apostles asked for prayer and so did Ray.

Romans 15:30 – “I appeal to you, brothers, by our Lord Jesus Christ and by the love of the Spirit, to strive together with me in your prayers to God on my behalf”

1Thes 5:25 – “Brethren! be praying for us”

Heb 13:18 - "Be praying for us;

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2015, 01:06:48 PM »

Yes, prayer should be done in private as Jesus said, HOWEVER, there is NOTHING WRONG with asking your brethren to pray for you.  I hope no one will feel discouraged from asking for prayer on this forum.  The Apostles asked for prayer and so did Ray.

Romans 15:30 – “I appeal to you, brothers, by our Lord Jesus Christ and by the love of the Spirit, to strive together with me in your prayers to God on my behalf”

1Thes 5:25 – “Brethren! be praying for us”

Heb 13:18 - "Be praying for us;

Very much in agreement with you Rene. There is no shame in asking the body of Christ, the Church of the living God, that holy city upon a hill to bear with us our burdens when they are too great and we are fallen. I too encourage those in need or who are fallen down to share with us their sorrows that we may bear them together and the Lord who is faithful shall hear and He shall heal.

Galatians 6:1-3  Brethren, if a man is overtaken in any trespass, you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself lest you also be tempted. Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. 3 For if anyone thinks himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself.

James 5:16 Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.

God bless,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Joel

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2015, 02:51:46 PM »

Here are a couple verses that show what the early Church was doing, and they definitely weren't being as the hypocrites, Jesus was referring to in Matthew 6:5.

Acts 12:5-Peter therefore was kept in prison: but prayer was made without ceasing of the church unto God for him.
Acts 12:12-And when he had considered the thing, he came to the house of Mary the mother of John, whose surname was Mark, where many were gathered together praying.

Is there a contradiction anywhere in this account here in Acts 12, and Matthew 6 ?  I don't see any.

Hebrews 10:24-And let us consider one another to provoke unto Love and unto good works.

Joel

Nelson Boils

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2015, 03:07:26 PM »

Good one there by Rene!

Public prayer is not so much a problem,but rather the intent or motives is what God will judge.

Ray does his good deeds in public!
Jesus prayed in public at the cross!
But what matters is the heart or intentions!

So I wouldn't agree much with Mr John's post.

So no worries Joel,you are in our prayers.

John from Kentucky

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2015, 03:55:53 PM »

Emotions and feelings often compel others to disregard God's Word, Who is Jesus.

What many do not understand is that we do not need to follow everything that the 1st Century Apostles did.

Why is that?

Because they were still growing in the grace and knowledge of Jesus.  They didn't get everything all at once.  For some things, it took their lifetimes to understand.  Jesus told them so.

For example, at first they did not understand that the Law of Moses and Old Testament rules don't apply to the New Covenant.  That decision was made at the Jerusalem Conference, which occurred about twenty years after Jesus' death and Resurrection.

James, the brother of Jesus, and the Jewish Christians he was over, still observed the Laws of Moses.  That is until James was killed by being thrown off the pinnacle of the Temple in the early 60s A.D.  Some of the Jewish Christians still did not "get it" until the Temple was destroyed in 70 A.D.  No Temple, no Levitical priests, no animal sacrifices---No Old Testament observances---Good point God!

The Apostles practiced water baptism at first; until they grew up and put off childish things.

The Apostles thought Jesus was coming back to the Earth in their lifetimes.  Peter and Paul didn't know the truth about that until almost the end of their lives.  They just had enough time to put together the New Testament writings before their deaths, which were completed by John.

Led by the Spirit, I follow Jesus' direct teachings about prayer, which of course brings on persecution and disagreement.  But Jesus said it would be so.  Bring it on.  Make my day.  :D

People will do what they feel is religious.

On my part, like Jesus, I am not a Christian.  I do not use religious words in my speech ( like--love you brother, love you sister, Amen, prayers going up---yada,yada,yada), I do not say public prayers, no religious testimonies; I avoid all religious crap.

The baptism of the Holy Spirit is in our hearts, our innermost being.  Once plugged in to God, it is a twenty-four hour experience.  We need to 'come out of her and be separate' and worship our Great God in Spirit and Truth.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2015, 04:25:44 PM »

John, my dear brother in Christ, you decieve yourself if you think disagreeing with someone is persecuting them. We agree on many many things but in this life we might not agree on EVERY thing though we try and maintain that unity as God teaches each of us and leading those more learned to be patient and long suffering with those still coming behind. If God is willing there shall be no divisions among us but in His time. We are all were we are by the grace, wisdom, and mercy of God.

Please, let it not be said that brotherly disagreements are also persecutions by the brethren. We are come out of her. Peace in God's church and among the beloved.

Indeed, faith without works is dead, let us worship God in spirit and truth, 24/7.

God bless,
Alex

Mike Gagne

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2015, 02:01:44 AM »

Wow a lot of nice things said in this thread, Thanks Joel, your right maybe should come here more often. May the peace of God be with you all in your trials and afflictions as you pass through His fire...

Mike Gagne

« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2015, 10:12:37 AM »

Heres are some prayers that Paul prayed and he prayed them for all to hear...

Eph 3:14  For this cause I go down on my knees before the Father,
Eph 3:15  From whom every family in heaven and on earth is named,
Eph 3:16  That in the wealth of his glory he would make you strong with power through his Spirit in your hearts;
Eph 3:17  So that Christ may have his place in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and based in love,
Eph 3:18  May have strength to see with all the saints how wide and long and high and deep it is,
Eph 3:19  And to have knowledge of the love of Christ which is outside all knowledge, so that you may be made complete as God himself is complete.
Eph 3:20  Now to him who is able to do in full measure more than all our desires or thoughts, through the power which is working in us,
Eph 3:21  To him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations for ever and ever. So be it.

ph 1:15  For this cause I, having had news of the faith in the Lord Jesus which is among you, and which you make clear to all the saints,
Eph 1:16  Give praise without end for you, keeping you in mind in my prayers;
Eph 1:17  That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you a spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him;
Eph 1:18  And that having the eyes of your heart full of light, you may have knowledge of what is the hope of his purpose, what is the wealth of the glory of his heritage in the saints,
Eph 1:19  And how unlimited is his power to us who have faith, as is seen in the working of the strength of his power,
Eph 1:20  By which he made Christ come back from the dead, and gave him a place at his right hand in heaven,
Eph 1:21  Far over all rule and authority and power and every name which is named, not only in the present order, but in that which is to come:
Eph 1:22  And he has put all things under his feet, and has made him to be head over all things to the church,
Eph 1:23  Which is his body, the full measure of him in whom all things are made complete.

Well John, was Paul led by the Spirit to pray these prayers for all to hear?  That would be Jesus that led Paul to pray these prayers...

No John it is you that is  religious, it is you that causes stumbling!

In Christ

Joel

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2015, 08:45:08 PM »

Matthew 11:28-Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29-Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30-For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

I fully intend to use this area of the forums web site to give honor and praise unto God.
I hope many others will take advantage of what God has given us here.
I'm sure that when Dennis, Ray, and anyone else decided what was going to be allowed, they were being lead my the Spirit of the GOD.

I know that a burden has been lifted from me that I didn't need to be carrying all by myself.
Some times we are our own worse enemies, and I can see that about myself now.
Testimonies / Prayer Requests / Fellowship is what it says.
We serve a merciful, and loving, GOD.

Joel
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 23 queries.