bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Foolishness of preaching  (Read 3315 times)

Nelson Boils

Foolishness of preaching
« on: June 21, 2015, 04:23:17 PM »

What is meant by the "foolishness of preaching?"Don't really understand that statement.

Rhys 🕊

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • 🕊
    • Facebook
Re: Foolishness of preaching
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 05:56:07 PM »

From -

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3849.0.html

How hard is getting saved

And then we have in Ephesians 2:8, “For by grace, are you saved, through faith”

Now let me see if I’ve got this straight:
1. believe on the name of the Lord
2. call on the name of the Lord
3. be baptized
4. enter in at the door of Christ
5. and then by grace
6. through faith

…….and then I will be saved. Right? Wrong Paleface, because there’s more!

1 Cor 1:21, “It pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe”

So now I’ve got to:
1. believe on the name of the Lord
2. call on the name of the Lord
3. be baptized
4. enter in at the door of Christ
5. and then by grace
6. through faith
7. and now I’ve got to listen to the foolishness of Ray Smith before I can be saved???

I mean, is he serious? It PLEASED God, it isn’t that He allows it, that it’s like the lowest form of getting saved. No, it PLEASES God to save those that believe by the foolishness of people like me. The FOOLISHNESS, not the great wisdom…..the foolishness of preaching will save you!

It is foolish to the wisdom of those that do not believe. Unless the Spirit shows you then you won't know what it all means.

These verses explain why:

1Co 1:26  For consider your calling, brothers: not many of you were wise according to worldly standards, not many were powerful, not many were of noble birth.
1Co 1:27  But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong;
1Co 1:28  God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are,
1Co 1:29  so that no human being might boast in the presence of God.
1Co 1:30  And because of him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption,
1Co 1:31  so that, as it is written, "Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord."

Rhys
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 06:18:48 PM by Rhys »
🤫

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Foolishness of preaching
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 10:58:34 PM »

Hi Nelson,

In addition, 1Cor 1:18 clarifies that the "foolishness" is from the perspective of those who are perishing (the spiritually blind), whereas, those who are being saved (given spiritual sight) recognize that this message is from Almighty God.

Here are 2 translations:

"For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish, foolishness: but unto us, which are saved, it is the power of God." GNV

"The message of the cross is foolish to those who are headed for destruction! But we who are being saved know it is the very power of God." NLV

René
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 23 queries.