bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Gay Marriage  (Read 12111 times)

AwesomeSavior

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Gay Marriage
« on: June 26, 2015, 04:27:16 PM »

Anyone else think the wrath of God is coming soon upon America for this perversion ruling by the Supreme Court? I'm prepping for another massive economic collapse like 2008, except I think it's going to be much worse this time.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
Re: Gay Marriage
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 06:40:33 PM »

Go ahead and talk about this but please do not bring politics into it at all.

rick

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 08:00:29 PM »

America has been in decline for a long time now, I believe all things will be subjected under Christ , that includes the United States of America too.

Do not become fainthearted when you hear of such rulings as all is in the plan of God, also everything that happens in this life are the intentions of God to humble us.

I no longer vote for either party and am no longer interested in the affairs of man, I am just passing through from this age to the next age where Christ will reign and all will learn righteousness.

Keep your eye on the prize and trust only God to do the right thing and put no trust in man or women or even yourself.

Ricky

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 10:57:01 PM »

I think i  am just gonna move a little farther north of Edmonton just to be on the safe side, these gay people are gonna have a gun in one hand and a joint in the other giving God are the glory for their happiness. ha, ha, no wonder we cant catch a UFO Aliens don't want nothing to do with us and a planet like this ungodly place.    Ricky
Your heart is God`s gift to you, what you make of it, shall be your gift to Him.

believerchrist100

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 11:18:22 PM »

America has been in decline for a long time now, I believe all things will be subjected under Christ , that includes the United States of America too.

Do not become fainthearted when you hear of such rulings as all is in the plan of God, also everything that happens in this life are the intentions of God to humble us.

I no longer vote for either party and am no longer interested in the affairs of man, I am just passing through from this age to the next age where Christ will reign and all will learn righteousness.

Keep your eye on the prize and trust only God to do the right thing and put no trust in man or women or even yourself.

Amen!

octoberose

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2015, 11:35:45 PM »

I grieved yesterday - I knew it was coming. I have to say, BT gives me perspective I would not have had otherwise.  I know God is working in the hearts of man, I know He is hardening the hearts of those who do not  honor Him for a reason, and I know that this is an opportunity. It's an opportunity to show love in the midst of our political mess. It's an opportunity to speak His name and be persecuted for it.  It's an opportunity to be in a culture where we are truly  a peculiar people, a people set apart. How did the first and second century Christians make such a difference in those around them? They loved them, their light shone in the midst of darkness and they truly did love their enemies and did good to them. I'm asking God to give me that kind of love, because I don't have it in the abundance I need. And we here are truly peculiar because we don't fit in to almost all 'churches' .  On the one hand, I have never felt so alone in my walk. On the other, I think that's probably a good place to be.

octoberose

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2015, 12:00:23 AM »

Anyone else think the wrath of God is coming soon upon America for this perversion ruling by the Supreme Court? I'm prepping for another massive economic collapse like 2008, except I think it's going to be much worse this time.

Yes, I do think the same thing. But I don't want to live in fear- it's all in God's hands.

lurquer

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2015, 12:54:17 AM »

So the High Priests of the State have decreed that sodomites and 'lesbians' are now legally sanctioned "family"... if they sign the right documents, perform the specified 'ceremonies' and pay the appropriate fees (contract with the state)...They are "married".

Whatever that means.

True believers don't have to abide by such a ruling though.  The now official Law of the Land doesn't apply to Christ's followers.  We don't have to acknowledge homosexual "relationships" as marital unions---as FAMILY!.

But what about Romans 13?  Those believers who espouse the undiluted allegiance to the "State" (PER Romans 13 and 1 Peter 2:13-) now may find themselves in a bit of a pickle, no?  What to do?    ???

John from Kentucky

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2015, 01:53:39 AM »

So the High Priests of the State have decreed that sodomites and 'lesbians' are now legally sanctioned "family"... if they sign the right documents, perform the specified 'ceremonies' and pay the appropriate fees (contract with the state)...They are "married".

Whatever that means.

True believers don't have to abide by such a ruling though.  The now official Law of the Land doesn't apply to Christ's followers.  We don't have to acknowledge homosexual "relationships" as marital unions---as FAMILY!.

But what about Romans 13?  Those believers who espouse the undiluted allegiance to the "State" (PER Romans 13 and 1 Peter 2:13-) now may find themselves in a bit of a pickle, no?  What to do?    ???

No Neo, we do not believe the Scripture teach us to give undiluted allegiance to the State.

The Scriptures teach us to submit ourselves to all lawful government and rule.  To pay our taxes to the government.  Not to speak evil of rulers.  To obey those who are over us.

However, when there is a conflict between man's rule and God's, we peacefully follow God's ways, even if we are persecuted and suffer for those beliefs.

God's Kingdom is not of this world.  We follow Jesus.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2015, 03:46:01 AM »

I'm in absolutely no pickle at all.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Ian 155

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2015, 04:40:01 AM »

clv

Rom 1:18 For God's indignation is being revealed from heaven on all the irreverence and injustice of men who are retaining the truth in injustice,

drb

Rom 1:18  For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and injustice of those men that detain the truth of God in injustice:

i think the lying charlatan "pastors" have more to fear than confused "men" who cant help themselves ... 

this stuff MUST happen ... even lying pastors

Kat

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2015, 12:32:40 PM »

This age will continue to have perversions of every kind, debauchery, famine with starvation, wars and nations rise up and they collapse and this will continue right up to the end. 

Ecc 1:9  That which has been is what will be, That which is done is what will be done, And there is nothing new under the sun.

I remember when in WWG how much they warned us to "watch" world events, so that when the 10 nations formed (10 toes of the great image in Nebuchadnezzar dream) we would know that Christ return was near, after the 3 1/2 years of great tribulation. Is that really what Christ meant by "watch"? Do we still believe as the church taught we are to keep up with the goings on of the world so we won't be caught off guard?

Luke 21:34  And take heed to yourselves, lest your hearts are weighed down with headaches and drinking and anxieties of this life; and that day should suddenly come on you;
v. 35  for it shall come as a snare on all those sitting on the face of the whole earth.
v. 36  Watch therefore, praying in every season that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things which shall occur, and to stand before the Son of Man.

So yes we are to "watch" so that we can "stand before the Son of Man" at His return. And how do we "stand"? By keeping up with world events? I don't think so.

1Cor 16:13  Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong.
v. 14  Let all that you do be done with love.

Eph 6:13  Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm.

The "evil day" is right now or any day during this age.

Eph 5:14  Therefore He says: "Awake, you who sleep, Arise from the dead, And Christ will give you light."
v. 15  See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise,
v. 16  redeeming the time, because the days are evil.

Mark 13:35  Therefore stay awake—for you do not know when the master of the house will come, in the evening, or at midnight, or when the rooster crows, or in the morning—
v. 36  lest he come suddenly and find you asleep.
v. 37  And what I say to you I say to all: Stay awake."

Mark 4:19  and the cares of this world, the deceitfulness of riches, and the desires for other things entering in choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful.

We are not of this world, why have our minds on those things that we are to come out of? We need not worry about what may or may not develop because of the corruption all around us, God will provide

Matt 6:31  "Therefore do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?'

Col 3:1  If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God.
v. 2  Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth.
v. 3  For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.
v. 4  When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory.
v. 5  Therefore put to death your members which are on the earth: fornication, uncleanness, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry.
v. 6  Because of these things the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience,
v. 7  in which you yourselves once walked when you lived in them.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2015, 12:54:44 PM »

Ray talks about marriage in this audio: https://youtu.be/TrXyHN00q0Q

rick

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2015, 08:38:13 PM »

i think the lying charlatan "pastors" have more to fear than confused "men" who cant help themselves ... 

I don’t think pastors can help themselves anymore than confused men or anyone else, if Christ can do nothing on His own, what is anyone else going to do on their own?

To the one who says I will should check to see if its in the counsel of God first.

lurquer

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2015, 12:39:38 AM »

No Neo, we do not believe the Scripture teach us to give undiluted allegiance to the State.

The Scriptures teach us to submit ourselves to all lawful government and rule.  To pay our taxes to the government.  Not to speak evil of rulers.  To obey those who are over us.

However, when there is a conflict between man's rule and God's, we peacefully follow God's ways, even if we are persecuted and suffer for those beliefs.

Well, John, I realize that "WE do not believe the Scripture teach us to give undiluted allegiance to the State".  But unfortunately the majority sitting in the pews most certainly do. Who knows, perhaps some here do also. 

But it is interesting that you said WE (per Christ's commands?) submit ourselves to "all lawful government and rule." What is "lawful government"? Care to enlighten?

And "to pay our taxes to the government."   Chapter and verse there? (Not saying I'm advocating not paying taxes, but where are Christ's followers commanded to do that?)

And also, "Not to speak evil of rulers.  To obey those who are over us."  Whatever does it mean to "speak evil"?...And who, exactly, are these "rulers" that we should obey? 

Just honestly asking...wondering if you can shed some light on a truly muddled concept.

Meanwhile, many still believe that the state defines marriage, not God.  For them, (if they are truly hearers and doers of the Word),  in light of the High Priests' decree, they must be quite conflicted right now...all I was saying.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2015, 01:46:12 AM »

Ray talks about marriage in this audio: https://youtu.be/TrXyHN00q0Q

A lot of those questions are answered here, Neo.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Ian 155

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2015, 06:06:19 AM »

Well, John, I realize that "WE do not believe the Scripture teach us to give undiluted allegiance to the State".  But unfortunately the majority sitting in the pews most certainly do. Who knows, perhaps some here do also. 

But it is interesting that you said WE (per Christ's commands?) submit ourselves to "all lawful government and rule." What is "lawful government"? Care to enlighten?

And "to pay our taxes to the government."   Chapter and verse there? (Not saying I'm advocating not paying taxes, but where are Christ's followers commanded to do that?)

And also, "Not to speak evil of rulers.  To obey those who are over us."  Whatever does it mean to "speak evil"?...And who, exactly, are these "rulers" that we should obey? 

Just honestly asking...wondering if you can shed some light on a truly muddled concept.

Meanwhile, many still believe that the state defines marriage, not God.  For them, (if they are truly hearers and doers of the Word),  in light of the High Priests' decree, they must be quite conflicted right now...all I was saying.

Isaiah 6v9, interestingly "Government" Greek word is translated "reign" that is (in time)

I interpret the scripture as "In time", all will do as He done, there will be no variation in His example.

Under Herod,or under Pharaoh or under Roman rule we live as he enables us.

Paul got a few "claps" (ZA slang for slap) 

For it is written: Thou shalt not speak evil of the prince of thy people. acts 23:5 and Ex 2:28 ...possibly referring to those under Satan's power ?

ERV

Mat 17:24  Jesus and his followers went to Capernaum. There the men who collect the two-drachma Temple tax came to Peter and asked, "Does your teacher pay the Temple tax?"

Mat 17:25  Peter answered, "Yes, he does." Peter went into the house where Jesus was. Before Peter could speak, Jesus said to him, "The kings on the earth get different kinds of taxes from people. But who are those who pay the taxes? Are they the king's children? Or do other people pay the taxes? What do you think?"

Mat 17:26  Peter answered, "The other people pay the taxes." Jesus said, "Then the children of the king don't have to pay taxes.

then, keeping principle of Love we get ...

Mat 17:27  But we don't want to upset these tax collectors. So do this ..

Regarding the "Gay" lifestyle these type are, lets not say forced  ;D lets say,
 Act 1 v 28 "gently" given over to a disqualified mind, to do that which is not befitting,

If one has a disqualified mind and God has done this... its non of our business  ?

To me these things must be as they are in accordance with His will, for now or until the gift of a renewed mind is given.

I don't do Gay, but my thoughts toward them have changed (they don't know what they do, whilst in "disqualified" mode)

Therefore do not speak evil of "them" or it would appear, we who do this, also have a disqualified mind

Rom 1 vs 29,30,31,32

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2015, 11:29:12 AM »

Keep your eyes on Greece, and what is happening over there. They are a sign of what is to come upon the world. Here are the facts: 1) Record debt in the majority of nations 2) Record money printing (Quantitative Easing, as it is called) by the world's Central Banks. The Federal Reserve is our Central Bank. 3) Zero percent interest rates for almost 7 years, and last but certainly not least… (drum roll please)… 4) Over half a quadrillion dollars in derivatives bets exposure around the world. The time is short.

rick

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2015, 12:26:04 PM »

Keep your eyes on Greece, and what is happening over there. They are a sign of what is to come upon the world

I remember reading a scripture but cannot find it however it said ( a quart of barley for a days wages )

Anyways, my point is I just got back from the super market and had spent $ 71.00 and received so little for the money. I had purchased three packs of bacon two packs of hamburger one dozen eggs and a few other items, not much.

Ray said that 911 was a significant date in history , I’m seeing the implication of that statement.   
I know when Christ comes back He will be toppling the nations, it seems to be every nation on earth is in distress.

Luk 21:10  Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom;
Luk 21:11  and there shall be great earthquakes, and in divers places famines and pestilences; and there shall be terrors and great signs from heaven.

I don’t know if we are at the end of this age but it sure does appear as if we are with all that is going on all around us.

Joel

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2015, 01:34:15 PM »

History has shown that those nations that are successful at war can exist for very long periods of time, as did the Roman empire that lasted for about 1,000 years. The morals of the Romans are another subject all together.
War and all the equipment that is required, and the necessity for manufacturing plants, can be a boost to the economy of that warring nation, and its allies.
My dad worked in a cloth factory that made the material for parachutes during the second world war, he was exempt from military service because of this occupation.

Matthew 22:15-22
17-Tell us therefore, What thinkest  thou? Is it lawful to give tribute unto Caesar, or not?
18-But Jesus perceived their wickedness, and said, Why tempt ye me, ye hypocrites?
19-Shew me the tribute money. And they brought unto him a penny.
20-And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription?
21-They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's.

Joel

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 23 queries.