bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gay Marriage  (Read 12042 times)

rick

Re: Gay Marriage
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2015, 02:33:07 PM »

War and all the equipment that is required, and the necessity for manufacturing plants, can be a boost to the economy of that warring nation, and its allies.

Its true that war is economically profitable . Some companies make millions if not billions on war. I can hardly wait for the day, when peace becomes economically profitable and war becomes a thing off the past.  :)

AwesomeSavior

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2015, 09:18:46 PM »

Rick… You made an excellent point in your comment, which was this: "Anyways, my point is I just got back from the super market and had spent $ 71.00 and received so little for the money. I had purchased three packs of bacon two packs of hamburger one dozen eggs and a few other items, not much". The Federal Reserve tells us that the inflation rate is only around 1.5%. The real rate is closer to 10%. One of the problems (besides fudging the numbers) is the Fed doesn't factor into their indicators food and fuel, amongst other things. Why? They give the excuse that those numbers are too "volatile" to be considered. What a crock! These are the main items of concern to Main Street. So much corruption in this nation, and the world. Come, Lord Jesus!

Kat

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2015, 01:53:43 AM »

AwesomeSavior, sometimes we need to think if it is good being so concerned in worldly events. Yes there is much corruption, because governments are all run by carnal men and women. It's all coming from people with their own selfish agendas within a system with a faulty design and all the conspiracy theories are the same.

If this country or any country is domed to economic collapse, if you determine this in advance what good is that? Should we join in with the survivalist mindset and prepare? I actually went down that road for a while some yrs ago, I first heard of it with the year 2000 bringing mass computer shutdown and turmoil. Since then it's always one thing or the other. I can now see that hoping to prepare for worldwide disaster is a totally carnal/worldly endeavor. I really think worrying about these things is pointless.

I finally realized I needed to stop feeding that desire for excitement that alarm brings, so I stopped listening to all the world news reports, that really only stirs up negativism... I watch very little news now, just some local news. I really think it's futile to hope to save myself/family from whatever was going to happen.

Now I just try to do the best I can, being a good steward of what God blesses me with, the future will be what it will be. Now I have so much more peace of mind, since I trust that He really can and will get me through whatever I face in this life.

Mat 6:25  "Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing?
v. 26  Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?
v. 27  Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?
v. 28  "So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin;
v. 29  and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
v. 30  Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?
v. 31  "Therefore do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?'
v. 32  For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.
v. 33  But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Ian 155

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2015, 06:47:27 AM »

Keep your eyes on Greece, and what is happening over there.

Heb 12:2  We must keep our eyes on Jesus,

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2015, 09:05:47 AM »

If this country or any country is domed to economic collapse, if you determine this in advance what good is that? Should we join in with the survivalist mindset and prepare?

Kat,

It doesn't have to be an all or nothing endeavor.  I'm not a 'survivalist' but I am a prepper.  I do what I can with what I've got as a good steward should.  There are plenty of examples in the scriptures of laying in store during good times against times that are not going to be so good.  Anything can be done to excess.  I would much rather have tangible assets with the little that I've got instead of electronic numbers on a computer screen telling me that the bank has such and such for me.

It's a curious thing at times.  Laying in store is frowned upon as not trusting in God's provision.  I get that.  But many of the same people would never, ever think about not having life and health insurance.  They contribute to their 401K or IRA.  They might even have a brokerage account and most certainly have savings accounts.  But put away a little food, water and sundry supplies that we think will always be available in the stores and suddenly your not trusting God or something.  It's a no brainer for me to purchase in bulk when things are cheaper because everything is on sale right now when you know it's going to be far more expensive in the future.  To me 'prepping' is a lifestyle and not for a single event.  Many families during the great depression made it through because they had gardens, pantry's and knew how to make do with what they had.  I guess that is something that I learned from my mother.  She died last fall and was 92 years old.  She grew up during the depression and had vivid memories that most people have forgotten today.

Having your eyes open today and looking around the world people would have to be blind not to see extremely difficult times on the horizon.  I sleep very well at night.  Not because I think that I am prepared but because I do trust in the Lord.  I look at it this way.  One might prepare and have a years worth of food put away.  What if the problems last several years?  What if what you have laid in store is stolen?  Or what if your not even alive a year from now?  Kind of like the parable of the man deciding to build a bigger barn and thought he had years left to 'eat, drink and be merry' and God called him a fool as that very night his life was to be required of him.  I have great peace of mind knowing that all these things must come to pass and that nothing is out of control even if it may look like it.  God knew the decision that the Supreme Court was going to make.  God saw in advance that this nation is going the way of old testament Israel and thinking that it's blessings were because of it's skill and hard work.  And knowing how God deals with nations who have turned from him it's not too difficult to see things continuing to get worse and not better.  For me it's a pretty easy thing.  I do what I can with what I've got and the results are up to God. 
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 09:08:31 AM by Arion »

Kat

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2015, 11:26:15 AM »

Hi Arion, I see your point of being a prepper, having a well stocked pantry is a good idea, especially as I live in a coastal area and it's Hurricane season. I understand that and how we need insurance and savings to get us through unexpected, but normal life circumstances.

I guess where my thinking has changed is in thinking that every major natural catastrophe, or major social upheaval is leading to worldwide economic disaster... I think a lot of people still believe there will be a great tribulation at the end of this age, worse than anything before. Can we not see that this age has been filled with disasters and will be right up to it's end.

There have been plenty of times in history for people to think they were in the worst of it, whole civilizations have been wiped out before. The Black death estimated to have killed as much as 60% of Europe’s population. World War I was over 37 million: over 17 million deaths and 20 million wounded... World War II was even worse in absolute terms of total dead, Over 60 million people were killed, which was about 3% of the 1940 world population (est. 2.3 billion). Those were the major wars there have been countless lesser, but still horrific wars with huge death toils, where nations were decimated.

Earthquakes and volcanoes are the same, they have reaped destruction in the past as much as now. So why is everybody looking for a 'great tribulation' to come at the end of the age? I think it's because that is what the church taught and we have not let go of that. What did Christ say things would be like just before He returns?

Matt 24:37  For as were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.
v. 38  For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark,
v. 39  and they were unaware until the flood came and swept them all away, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

Luke 17:26  Just as it was in the days of Noah, so will it be in the days of the Son of Man.
v. 27  They were eating and drinking and marrying and being given in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all.
v. 28  Likewise, just as it was in the days of Lot—they were eating and drinking, buying and selling, planting and building,
v. 29  but on the day when Lot went out from Sodom, fire and sulfur rained from heaven and destroyed them all—
v. 30  so will it be on the day when the Son of Man is revealed.

The people of Noah's and Lot's day were living their normal lives and 'suddenly,' without warning or build up, they were sweep away and that's what Christ said it will be like at His return. I think Christ could return any day, nothing happening in the world will indicate it is approaching.

Mat 24:43  But know this, that if the master of the house had known in what part of the night the thief was coming, he would have stayed awake and would not have let his house be broken into.
v. 44  Therefore you also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.

Luke 12:34  For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
v. 35  "Stay dressed for action and keep your lamps burning,
v. 36  and be like men who are waiting for their master to come home from the wedding feast, so that they may open the door to him at once when he comes and knocks.
v. 37  Blessed are those servants whom the master finds awake when he comes. Truly, I say to you, he will dress himself for service and have them recline at table, and he will come and serve them.
v. 38  If he comes in the second watch, or in the third, and finds them awake, blessed are those servants!
v. 39  But know this, that if the master of the house had known at what hour the thief was coming, he would not have left his house to be broken into.
v. 40  You also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect."

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Extol

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2015, 11:49:11 AM »

There have been plenty of times in history for people to think they were in the worst of it, whole civilizations have been wiped out before. The Black death estimated to have killed as much as 60% of Europe’s population. World War I was over 37 million: over 17 million deaths and 20 million wounded... World War II was even worse in absolute terms of total dead, Over 60 million people were killed, which was about 3% of the 1940 world population (est. 2.3 billion). Those were the major wars there have been countless lesser, but still horrific wars with huge death toils, where nations were decimated.

Earthquakes and volcanoes are the same, they have reaped destruction in the past as much as now.

This is an excellent point. People talk about all the horrible things going on in the world, but it doesn't seem that bad to me, at least compared to at other points in history. They only seem just as bad (or worse) because there is television and social media, and we have immediate access to disasters and horrors all over the world.

By the numbers, nothing remotely as catastrophic as the Black Death has happened in the world since....well, probably since the Black Death. WWII might have seemed like the end of the world, but that took "only" 3 to 4 percent of the world population. The Black Death killed roughly 20% of the world---a huge difference. And as Kat said, the percentage was much higher in Europe. Also, WWII was a war. Deaths are inevitable. But they didn't know what the Black Death was. Imagine half the people in this country dropping dead and not knowing why or how. Imagine that happening in the Information age with TV and Internet...

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2015, 12:47:17 PM »

Hi Arion, I see your point of being a prepper, having a well stocked pantry is a good idea, especially as I live in a coastal area and it's Hurricane season. I understand that and how we need insurance and savings to get us through unexpected, but normal life circumstances.

I guess where my thinking has changed is in thinking that every major natural catastrophe, or major social upheaval is leading to worldwide economic disaster... I think a lot of people still believe there will be a great tribulation at the end of this age, worse than anything before. Can we not see that this age has been filled with disasters and will be right up to it's end.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Absolutely agree.  Being labeled a 'prepper' means different things to different people.  It can mean anything from a whacked out survivalist with a doomsday bunker to having a well stocked pantry as a normal way of life.  Just depends on how you look at it and who you ask the question to.  It's amazing to me that there are people in hurricane prone areas that don't have some items stocked away at the beginning of hurricane season.  You see it every time when a hurricane watch is announced and people flock to the stores and strip everything in sight.  If you know you live in a hurricane prone area it makes sense to prepare against that.  Same with those folks who live in tornado alley in our midwest.  It's not considered extreme by people down there to have a tornado shelter and some supplies on hand.  For me living up here in the great white north it's crazy not to have a wood stove and a year or two worth of firewood laid up, ect.

I've prepped for over 20 years and I thank God that I've never needed any of those things.  Any food put away can always be eaten or if it's getting older then giving it away to a food bank, ect.  I personally know people who either lost their job or had a serious health issue and because they prepared against the unknown their children were able to eat and they didn't have to burden society by going on welfare.  I take Greece right now for example and I reflect on Ray's Tower paper.  What is coming to the U.S. is going to be worse than what is happening right now to Greece.  Personally I think God warns us in advance for those that are listening in order to mitigate against what is coming...but thats just me.  I think it's a matter of where you put your trust.  It's easy to get off track putting your trust in what you can do and then turning into a nutty survivalist.  If it consumes most of your time and your living in dread of the future then you have bigger problems.  I just do what I can with what I've got and the results for good or bad are up to God.  I can attest for me personally that God has never failed me and I still sleep well at night even in this nutty and mixed up world.

Take care!!

Addison

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2015, 10:04:10 PM »

Judgment may be coming but if you read Isaiah 1:9 it indicates that God will save us from total destruction because of the elect:

9Unless the Lord of hosts had left us a few survivors [remnant], we would be like Sodom we would be like Gomorrah.

You bring up a possible economic judgment... it is interesting that Greece is set to default tomorrow which has the potential to cause worldwide economic problems. I just read on the news that the US stocks hit the lowest point they have in years today because of this panic.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 23 queries.