bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gods elect.  (Read 10024 times)

Joel

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Gods elect.
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2015, 03:11:33 AM »

Hi Rick,
The way I see it, Paul was inspired to write some things in Philippians that are relevant to the questions you have ask.
Philippians 3:10-That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
11-If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.
12-Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.
13-Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
14-I press toward the mark for the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
15-Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded. God shall reveal even this unto you.
16-Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.
17-Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an example.
18-(For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:
19-Whose end is destruction, and whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)
20-For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:
21-Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

Joel

Gina

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2015, 04:58:33 AM »

Philippians 3:21-Who shall change our vile body.... and that's from the King James.

The Concordant puts it another way:

21 Who will transfigure the body of our humiliation, to conform it to the body of His glory, in accord with the operation which enables Him even to subject all to Himself.

A few other versions also render it "body of humiliation," and others say:

weak mortal bodies

lowly bodies

body of our humble state

body of our humble condition

unassuming bodies

humble bodies

body of our lowness

our humbled body

Paul called it a "body of death."

And Jesus said the flesh is weak.

Peter said:  23 for you have been born [conceived?] again not of seed which is perishable but imperishable, that is, through the living and enduring word of God. 24 For, "ALL FLESH IS LIKE GRASS, AND ALL ITS GLORY LIKE THE FLOWER OF GRASS. THE GRASS WITHERS, AND THE FLOWER FALLS OFF,"

Is grass vile?

rick

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2015, 08:28:39 PM »

Hi Pylady,

Awesome find, thank you for putting those two scriptures Ezek 36:26 and Jer 24:7 out there.
Ray was right when he said that one must overcome some form of evil to get virtue, but what I was missing in what Ray said was he was talking about here and now only.

Yes, its true, in this aged or this life we live now we must overcome some form of evil in order to learn virtue but after the resurrection this does not apply according to Ezek 36:26 and Jer 24:7.

And also in this life its like Kat was saying we are not going to experience every form of evil or sin every sin that can be sinned , if I may add, thank God for that.

Anyways pylady, great find and thanks once again.

God bless you.

rick

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2015, 09:06:57 PM »

Hi Rick,
The way I see it, Paul was inspired to write some things in Philippians that are relevant to the questions you have ask.
Philippians 3:10-That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
11-If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.
12-Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.
13-Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
14-I press toward the mark for the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
15-Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded. God shall reveal even this unto you.
16-Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.
17-Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an example.
18-(For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:
19-Whose end is destruction, and whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)
20-For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:
21-Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

Joel

Hi Joel,

Great addition, especially  Php 3:21  who will transform our lowly body to be like his glorious body, by the power that enables him even to subject all things to himself.

Thanks again Joel for putting out those scriptures, they were a great help along with everyone else’s replies really brought it together for me.

God bless.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 23 queries.