bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: The devil made me do it !  (Read 30668 times)

John from Kentucky

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: The devil made me do it !
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2015, 08:35:07 PM »

One more...

Matthew 4:11 Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him.

Now if the devil was an angel.... ?

Because of the hatred in your heart for me, I know you reject anything I say.

But, will you believe Ray?  Below is a quote from Ray's emails, under the Topic of Satan, email titled "Worship me", dated 10-10-2006.

[2]  Satan is an "angel" which means "messenger" in both Hebrew and Greek (II Cor. 11:14). Next notice Heb. 2:5--"For unto the ANGELS has He not put in subjection the world to come."  Ah, did you catch that?  Unlike the "world today," the "world to come," will NOT be under the subjection of angels. Satan is pretends to be "an angel of light" in this world's nations, but not so in the "world to come."

Before you try to teach, it may be best to have some education and understanding of Scripture.

Just Sayin........

Gina

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2015, 08:48:27 PM »

One more...

But, will you believe Ray?  Below is a quote from Ray's emails, under the Topic of Satan, email titled "Worship me", dated 10-10-2006.

[2]  Satan is an "angel" which means "messenger" in both Hebrew and Greek (II Cor. 11:14). Next notice Heb. 2:5--"For unto the ANGELS has He not put in subjection the world to come."  Ah, did you catch that?  Unlike the "world today," the "world to come," will NOT be under the subjection of angels. Satan is pretends to be "an angel of light" in this world's nations, but not so in the "world to come."

Before you try to teach, it may be best to have some education and understanding of Scripture.

Just Sayin........

Well, first of all I don't hate you.  And second of all Ray clearly stated (you're trying to pull a fast one, John?):

Satan pretends to be "an angel of light."

All angels are ministering servants that care for the saints.   

Jesus was made a little lower than the angels.  Do you really think that Jesus was made LOWER than Satan and his viper offspring?  If you say, Oh, sure, I do!  Then how could Jesus have seen Satan falling?  How could Jesus have any power over Him and cast out demons being LOWER than Satan?  Was Jesus a little lower than Satan?

John from Kentucky

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2015, 08:58:28 PM »

One more...

Just Sayin........

Well, first of all I don't hate you.  And second of all Ray clearly stated (you're trying to pull a fast one, John?):

Jesus was made a little lower than the angels.  Do you really think that Jesus was made LOWER than Satan and his viper offspring?  If you say, Oh, sure, I do!  Then how could Jesus have seen Satan falling?  How could Jesus have any power over Him and cast out demons being LOWER than Satan?  Was Jesus a little lower than Satan?

It is clear you lack understanding of basic truths.

When Jesus was emptied from what He was before (God) to be a flesh and blood human, in order to suffer death, he was lower than angelic spirit life (which includes Satan who was an angel as Ray said).  In terms of existence, a human life is of a lower quality than angelic spirit life.

Of course, following His Resurrection, Jesus was as He was before, having all power in Heaven and earth.  After our Resurrection, we will be like Him, and will be higher than angels and heirs of the ages to come.

Gina

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2015, 09:09:43 PM »

ALL angels, per Hebrews 1 are ministering servants that care for the children of God. 

I don't know -- maybe the "angels" Paul said we will be judging are not angels in the truest sense of the word? 

Are these ministering servants?  Does  this judging carry a negative connotation?   Is all judgment NEGATIVE or BAD?  Did Paul ever say we will be judging "angels who sinned"?
Does anyone know HOW we will be judging angels?

Daniel 7:22
until the Ancient of Days came and pronounced judgment in favor of the holy people of the Most High, and the time came when they possessed the kingdom.

If someone can render a judgment in favor of another person, why does the word judgment always carry a negative connotation?   So are these angels that we're judging the angels of God who SINNED?   Or are the "pretenders/vipers of Satan" whose god is their belly.  I mean, after all, Satan was cursed to go on his belly.

On your belly you shall go...

Are these "angels" heavenly beings that are working on God's side?  Or something / someone else?

No, ALL ANGELS are ministering servants.  If they don't do that sort of thing, they are not truly angels.  They just APPEAR to be in those that are perishing.

Gina

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2015, 09:23:10 PM »

One more...

Just Sayin........

When Jesus was emptied from what He was before (God) to be a flesh and blood human, in order to suffer death, he was lower than angelic spirit life (which includes Satan who was an angel as Ray said).  In terms of existence, a human life is of a lower quality than angelic spirit life.

Of course, following His Resurrection, Jesus was as He was before, having all power in Heaven and earth.  After our Resurrection, we will be like Him, and will be higher than angels and heirs of the ages to come.

Well, you heard it here.   John from Kentucky says that Jesus ceased from being God during this earthly ministry, and that Satan was HIGHER than His maker throughout not only Jesus 3-1/2 year ministry but Jesus' entire life until He died.  How else could Satan have been able to kill him if that were not the case, ya know?  After all, all power and authority was given unto... Satan?  Is that what Jesus did?  Gave Satan power over Him?

Gina

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2015, 09:45:29 PM »

John, the angels that Jesus was made lower than were those who were the RULING CLASS AUTHORITIES.  From our relative perspective, He was made "for a little while" lower than the earthly ruling authorities who got their power from Satan and not from God.  But Christ was not at any time really and truly lower than these ruling authorities.

Isaiah  53:4

3He was despised and forsaken of MEN, a man of sorrows and acquainted with grief; And like one from whom men hide their face He was despised, and WE did not esteem Him.

4 Surely our griefs He Himself bore, And our sorrows He carried; Yet WE OURSELVES esteemed Him stricken, Smitten of God, and afflicted.

THAT is how he was made lower than the angels / "ministering servants" / CHARLATANS / religious hypocrites.
Because THEY THEMSELVES esteemed Him stricken of God and afflicted (mentally ill!).

Was Jesus Christ MENTALLY ILL, John?

This is my last reply to you.  You need to have your head examined if you actually think that Jesus Christ was really lower than Satan.

rick

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2015, 09:48:39 PM »

John, the angels that Jesus was made lower than were those who were the RULING CLASS AUTHORITIES.  From our relative perspective, He was made "for a little while" lower than the earthly ruling authorities who got their power from Satan and not from God.  But Christ was not at any time really and truly lower than these ruling authorities.

3He was despised and forsaken of MEN, a man of sorrows and acquainted with grief; And like one from whom men hide their face He was despised, and WE did not esteem Him.

4 Surely our griefs He Himself bore, And our sorrows He carried; Yet WE OURSELVES esteemed Him stricken, Smitten of God, and afflicted.

THAT is how he was made lower than the angels / "ministering servants" / CHARLATANS / religious hypocrites.
Because THEY THEMSELVES esteemed Him stricken of God and afflicted (mentally ill!).

This is my last reply to you.  You need to have your head examined if you actually think that Jesus Christ was really lower than Satan.

Hi Gina,

I probably shouldn’t say anything here because I’m not that familiar with this subject but I do know a couple of things , I know God created Satan as the serpent. I now believe because of scripture that Satan is a spirit being but I don’t know if all spirits are referred to as angels .

I will say this thread is getting interesting to me as this is also a great subject to learn about,
I do hope we can all learn together in love.

God bless.

Gina

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2015, 10:15:33 PM »

Hi Gina,

I probably shouldn’t say anything here because I’m not that familiar with this subject but I do know a couple of things , I know God created Satan as the serpent. I now believe because of scripture that Satan is a spirit being but I don’t know if all spirits are referred to as angels .

I will say this thread is getting interesting to me as this is also a great subject to learn about,

God bless.

That's okay, Rick.  I believe you are definitely on the right track.  Kat gave some very good points and I can't find any fault with them either.

Satan is the "god of this world," so how could Jesus say before he died and resurrected:

John 16:33  "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

Before He was hung on the cross and died and resurrected, and before Satan entered Judas who betrayed him, Jesus said I have already CONQUERED the world?  But how could that be when Jesus was "made for a little while lower than the angels"?

rick

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2015, 10:46:59 PM »

Hi Gina,

God bless.

That's okay, Rick.  I believe you are definitely on the right track.  Kat gave some very good points and I can't find any fault with them either.

Satan is the "god of this world," so how could Jesus say before he died and resurrected:

John 16:33  "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

Before He was hung on the cross and died and resurrected, and before Satan entered Judas who betrayed him, Jesus said I have already CONQUERED the world?  But how could that be when Jesus was "made for a little while lower than the angels"?

Hi again Gina,

You ask a valid question no doubt, that scripture your talking about is  Joh 16:33  I have said all these things to you so that in me you may have peace. In the world you have trouble: but take heart! I have overcome the world.

I know Ray said that Christ could not sin because God did not send any causes to cause Christ to sin yet we do know Christ was tempted like any other person, at least I believe He was tempted in the same way I would be tempted but never gave in.

Christ did say that He and the Father were one, maybe that’s the answer, being one with the Father, Christ was one with the Father and it was the Father that worked through Christ and so then Christ could say He has overcome the world because it was the Father who overcame the world.

Christ said He could do nothing on His own but with the Father He could indeed overcome the world.

dave

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2015, 12:09:45 AM »

Where/how did the adversary's gender come from? Is there a scripture that identifies the enemy as a "he"? Been curious for awhile. Thanks

The truth is that the Scriptures do not give us a detailed discussion or answer regarding the gender or sexual differences of angels, if any.

In the Book of Job they are called sons of God.  Elsewhere they have a masculine reference.  Any girl angels?  None mentioned in the Scriptures.

However, there is a Scripture that says the things seen (physical) can give us an idea of things unseen (spiritual).  One pervasive aspect of human kind and animal kind, and even plant kind, is the aspect of male and female.  God created them male and female.

Does that mean angels are male and female?  Do not know.  Scriptures don't say for sure.

Some will say that Jesus said the angels do not marry, which is true.  However that does not mean that angels do not have sex differences since marriage and sex are two different things.  You can have one without the other.

There are a whole lot of things we have to learn in the ages to come.

I believe what you say stands sound, beyond all the assumptions and interpretations man has come to.
Angels are by definition "messengers," just the translation of the word angels as angels erupts imagination. Which I believe investigates man/our/carnal imagination as to just what a celestial being is, as far as I know it is a host.

There is much in the Word, that man has made understood to man and that explains a lot to his/man understanding to what scripture is telling us.
I know the enemy-adversary-opponent is a very REAL spirit/being and has been given great power, yet the power of the enemy-adversary-opponent has been GIVEN....there are bounds set, SET by I Am I AM.

Kat

« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2015, 12:33:27 AM »

Here is a thought on this, Gina.

Luke 4:1  And Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan, and was led in the Spirit in the wilderness 2 during forty days, being tempted of the devil...

Luke 4:13  And when the Devil had ended every (Strong's - all, any, every, the whole:) temptation, he departed from Him for a time.
v. 14  And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee...

I believe the temptations that Christ went through alone in the desert represented "every/all temptation" of the flesh... so that is how He could say "I have overcome the world" and what Christ was saying there continues over in the next chapter 17, all this He spoke 'before' His crucifixion.

John 16:33  These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."

John 17:4  I have glorified You on the earth. I have finished the work which You have given Me to do.

John 17:13  But now I come to You, and these things I speak in the world, that they may have My joy fulfilled in themselves.

John 17:16  They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 12:41:05 AM by Kat »

Mike Gagne

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2015, 01:31:02 AM »

Hi You All!

John from Kentucky maybe judge whats in your heart, because I am sure you don't know anyone elses and quit saying negative things about others you sound like a school yard bully....

John from Kentucky

« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2015, 02:10:44 AM »

Hi You All!

John from Kentucky maybe judge whats in your heart, because I am sure you don't know anyone elses and quit saying negative things about others you sound like a school yard bully....

I guess it's a good thing for me that there is no eternal hell fire.  ???

However, you should read the link below.  I'm a pussycat compared to how Jesus spoke.

http://bible-truths.com/fools.htm

And old roofer Ray could make some choice comments.

Gina

« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2015, 02:28:15 AM »

Here is a thought on this, Gina.

Luke 4:1  And Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan, and was led in the Spirit in the wilderness 2 during forty days, being tempted of the devil...

Luke 4:13  And when the Devil had ended every (Strong's - all, any, every, the whole:) temptation, he departed from Him for a time.
v. 14  And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee...

I believe the temptations that Christ went through alone in the desert represented "every/all temptation" of the flesh... so that is how He could say "I have overcome the world" and what Christ was saying there continues over in the next chapter 17, all this He spoke 'before' His crucifixion.

John 16:33  These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."

John 17:4  I have glorified You on the earth. I have finished the work which You have given Me to do.

John 17:13  But now I come to You, and these things I speak in the world, that they may have My joy fulfilled in themselves.

John 17:16  They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Thank you and I agree with that.

This is the email where Ray said that Satan means angel/messenger:

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2109.msg17078.html#msg17078

John said that Jesus was under the subjection of Satan.  But Satan is the prince of this world.  Jesus said:

But he continued, "You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. (John 8:23)

John 3:31
The one who comes from above is above all; the one who is from the earth belongs to the earth, and speaks as one from the earth. The one who comes from heaven is ABOVEall.

I want to make it clear that only those in the world are under the subjection (oppression) of Satan and his deceitful workers.  Jesus Christ never was of this world so he could not have been oppressed by Satan.  He was releasing captives who were oppressed by Satan.  If Christ was oppressed (held CAPTIVE) by Satan, Christ could not have done one thing to free one person.

Gina

« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2015, 02:55:34 AM »

John 17:14 I have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world.

So therefore, those who trust in God are not of this world, they are not under Satan or his deceitful workers' subjection (oppressed) (messengers/"angels of light").  They are Christ's, and as such - they have ministering angels.

Romans 8

35 What shall be separating us from the love of God in Christ Jesus? Affliction, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? 36 According as it is written that "On Thy account we are being put to death the whole day, We are reckoned as sheep for slaughter." 37 Nay! in all these we are more than conquering through Him Who loves us. 38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor messengers, nor sovereignties, nor the present, nor what is impending, nor powers, 39 nor height, nor depth, nor any other creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus, our Lord."

Paul could say that after having been tormented by a messenger of Satan.  Even Paul was not oppressed. 

So there ya go.  I hope that made sense and was clear and helped someone besides me.

God bless.  I'm finished here.

Gina

Kat

« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2015, 11:35:52 AM »

I thought I would compile some of Ray's teaching on Satan and angels. Hopefully to get a better, more unified  understanding on these things.

http://bible-truths.com/lake15-C.html ---------------------------------

We will look at Scriptural proof that Satan was Satan from the beginning, and that God created him as he is. Satan did not create himself or free-will himself into the Devil.

“In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth”  (Gen. 1;1).

We all know what the earth is. The heavens, however, is a different matter. The physical heaven is where we find the moon, sun, and stars. But God’s domain is a spiritual heaven.

“For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world [Gk: ‘age’], against spiritual [Gk: ‘spiritual powers of, or spiritual hosts of, or spiritual forces of’] wickedness in high places [Gk: ‘heavenly places’]” (Eph. 6:12).

So God created the plural “heavens” “in the beginning.” And Paul tells us that there are “principalities and powers” in these “heavenly places” or “celestials” as it is in the Greek. And that these “principalities and powers” are powers, hosts, or forces that are “wicked!”

“For by Him [Jesus] were all things created that are in the heaven [Gk: ‘heavens”—it is plural in the Greek as it is in the Hebrew], and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers ALL things were created by Him, and for Him” (Col. 1:16).

“Principalities and powers” are part of the “all” which Jesus created “in the beginning,” at the beginning of creation. And these “principalities and powers” are “wicked” forces, which we wrestle against. These powers are under authority. 

“But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow does not cast out devils [demons], but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils”  (Matt. 12:24).

Beelzebub is from the Hebrew, Baal [a Phoenician deity] and Zbuwb [a fly], thus the “god fly.” Couple this with the knowledge of where flies hang out, and in parody, Satan was known as the dung god. Fitting, I think. Jesus accepted their use of this title for Satan:

“And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand. And if Satan [referring back to Beelzebub introduced by the Pharisees] cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?”  (Matt. 12:25-26).

Satan never was a cherub possessing free will; neither does he now have free will. Satan is a creature that obeys the commands of his Creator and never talks back. Whenever Jesus told Satan to “get thee behind Me,” Satan got behind Him (Matt. 16:23, Mark 8:33, Luke 4:08).   When God said he could go so far and no further in the trial of Job, then that’s precisely how far he went and no further. When Jesus told Satan “get thee hence… then the devil leaves Him…” (Matt. 4:10). Satan has no “free will” to resist.

http://bible-truths.com/lake2.html ------------------------------------

[Ray's reply]

Satan is a spirit being, seeing that he has been around for thousands of years. He is called a devil, serpent/snake, dragon, etc. We are not exactly sure what a dragon looks like, but supposedly it is in the reptile family as are snakes.

Nowhere that I can think of, did Satan ever appear visibly to anyone. Therefore his serpent/dragon qualities (or lack thereof) must be spiritual. Satan is a SPIRITUAL SNAKE. He has the secret, stealth qualities of a snake moving unseen in the dark. Although he is "like" [in certain characteristics] a roaring lion, he is not a lion, but "as" a lion he goes about seeking whom he may devour [Gk: 'swallow up' as in 'swallow a camel']. Spiritually devour/swallow.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,6926.0.html ---------

Dear Charles:  You are failing to understand just WHO Satans angels [messengers] are. The false teachers and pastors of Mystery Babylon the Great, the Great Church, ARE THE MESSENGERS OF SATAN!  And it was for THEM that this eonian/lake of fire/second death was prepared.

http://bible-truths.com/23-minutes-in-hell.html -----------------------

When mortal men are used in the capacity of an agent/messenger for God or any other authority. they are usually called in Hebrew, malak, translated "angel" 100+ times. All references to "angels" in the Old Testament are from the Hebrew #4397, 'malak'--whose definition is "a messenger (especially of God), that is, an angel (also, a prophet, priest or teacher): ambassador, angel, king, messenger" (Strong's Hebrew Dictionary).

"Malaks" can be invisible spirit angels, spirit angels manifested to appear as radiant, glowing men, spirit angels made to look like perfectly normal men with no supernatural radiance, or mortal men themselves are called "malak" when used in the capacity of a messenger.

Context usually dictates whether a "malak" is a spirit or a mortal man. When it appears that a spirit being sent from God is in view, malak is almost always translated "angel." However, when a mortal man is being used to convey a message from either God or a person of rank, malak is usually translated "messenger."

One exception is Malachi 3:1 where malak is translated, "My messenger..." with a lower case "m," while the second time we have, "...the Messenger of the covenant in Whom..." "Messenger" has a capital "M," and "Whom" has a capital "W," which might suggest that this Messenger is Jesus.
v

The Scriptures give us three categories of Agents of Satan the Devil:

MESSENGERS: Only once in Scripture do we read of "a messenger of Satan" (II Cor. 12:7). Messenger is here translated from Dr. Strong's #32 'angelos' which means: "a messenger, especially an angel, a pastor." Some Versions translate II Cor. 12:7 as "an angel of Satan" (Moffatt Translation); "an angel of Satan" (Emphatic Diaglott); "one of Satan's angels" (Phillip's Modern English New Testament). The Greek word 'angelos' has three meanings: "angel, messenger, and pastor." "Demon" is NOT a definition of angelos!

Of the hundreds and hundreds of different translations of the Scriptures, I know of none that translated the word "angelos" as "demon." And so we have conclusive proof from the Scriptures "the Devil's angels" are mortal men. The false prophet of Acts 13:6; the Pharisees whom Jesus called "children of the Wicked one" in Matt. 13:38; those Pharisees whom Jesus said had the Devil for their father in John 8:44; Satan's "ministers of righteousness" in II Cor. 11:14-15); are all human, mortal men, not spirits--despicable, disgusting, dirty, demons!

Now then, how many of my readers believe that Bill's demon pictured above, or the group of demons pictured above are "pastors" or "ministers of the gospel?" Probably none of you. An "angelos' is an "angel," a "messenger," or a "pastor." So now let's answer the question: Do the angels/messengers/pastors of the Devil look like, [1] evil, ugly, animalistic, spirit demons with Zero IQ's? or [2] non-descript, invisible spirits, or [3] pleasant-looking, mortal, humans? Nowhere in Scriptures do we ever find a description of demons as Bill presents in his book. Such creatures are fraudulent deceptions of carnal-minded deceivers.

Bible examples of physical mortal angels:

"And Joshua saved Rahab the harlot alive, and her father's household, and all that she had; and she dwells in Israel even unto this day; because she hid the messengers [Heb: 'malak'], which Joshua sent to spy out Jericho" (Joshua 6:25)

Comment: It is not necessary to "hide" spirit angels which can appear and disappear at will. These were mortal men of Israel.

"And when the messengers of John were departed, He began to speak unto the people concerning John" (Lk. 7:24)

John's messengers were mortal men.
Bible example of God's heavenly spirit angels:

"And he dreamed, and behold a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven: and behold the angels [Heb: 'malak'] of God ascending and descending on it: (Gen. 28:12).

"Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels [Gk: 'angelos'] do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven" (Matt. 18:10).
v

There is Scriptural evidence for angels which have left their first commission, and which have sinned (Jude 1:6 & II Pet.2:4), but there is no such term as "fallen angels" in Scripture.

You won't find the word "demon" in the King James Version. The Greek word translated "devils" in the King James is, daimon, and means "a demon or super natural spirit of a bad nature," Strong's Greek Dictionary). "Devils" should be translated "demons" seeing that there is only one Devil--Satan (Rev. 12:9).

Demons can think and they can speak with human voices, as witnessed by those cast out by Jesus and the apostles. There alone is proof that Bill's assertion that demons have "zero IQ" is a fabricated crock. No one has ever seen a real demon as they are spirit, and they are not visible. We are never told that we might on occasion entertain "demons unaware," as we might entertain angels (Heb. 3:2).

"Angels," however, can be either visible or invisible, and are often called "men." Sometimes they seem to be manifested as physical men (Acts 10:3 & 30 and Luke 24:4), but in reality they are actually spirit beings. Mortal men when used of God are called angels or messengers which, like all men, are destined to die.

However, spirit angels in Heaven can never die:

"Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection" (Luke 20:36).

Heavenly angels are spirit and can never die, but are able at times to manifest themselves as if they were normal mortal men:

"Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares" (Heb. 13:2).

It would be impossible to be "unaware" of a humanly manifested angel, except that they can manifest themselves without a hint of being supernatural.

But at other times the manifestation of an angel in the form of a man also radiates a supernatural glory that defies normal humans. In Matt. 28:1-4, the women said that "the Angel of the Lord descended from heaven. His countenance was like lightning, and his raiment white as snow." He told them to not fear, but in this same account in Mark 16:5-6, the women said that they saw "a young MAN...closed in a long white garment" who told them to not fear. So this angel was so radiant that it frightened the women, but yet they saw him as a "young MAN."

Therefore, "angels" can be [1] immortal spirits from God in Heaven, (as with the angel that was first invisible to Balaam, but then later was made visible, Num. 22:31), or [2] if needed, they can manifest themselves to appear as normal humans, but with a radiance that shows they are supernatural beings which are only taking on human form (See Judges 13:6), or [3] they can so perfectly make themselves visible and in human form so that anyone would be unaware that they are really angels from Heaven (See Heb. 13:2 above).

http://bible-truths.com/email14.htm ----------------------------

Hi Ray,

(Matthew 18:10 KJVA)  Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.

I have a question about guardian angels. Does scripture support this concept? What did Jesus mean by "their angels"?

Your brother,

Pat
[Ray Replies]
Dear Pat:

Interesting question!

The phrase "guarding angel" does not appear in Scripture. And, as you probably already know, a much better and more accurate translation for angels is "messengers."
Now then, do messengers "guard" us or anyone? Do they serve other functions a the behest of God?

Yes, they do.  Here is a direct statement about just what messengers do:
"But to which of the angels [messengers] said He at any time, Sit on My right hand, until I make your enemies your footstool?   Are they [messengers] not ALL MINISTERING SPIRITS, sent forth to MINISTER for THEM WHO SHALL BE HEIRS OF SALVATION?"
So we all have "ministering spiritual ministers (angels--messengers) from heaven" performing many things in our behalf.

Notice that Jesus said in Matt. 18:10 that these angels "...always behold the face of My Father which is in heaven." The "face" is used in Scripture as that which is most intimate--the face houses the eyes which are the windows of the soul. The angels of heaven are most attentive to the very sincerest wishes of the Father. Next let's look at an example of just such an one actually performing a task on earth which came from the "face of the Father":

"And there appeared unto him [Zascharias--father of John Baptist] an ANGEL of the Lord standing on the right side of the altar of incense... And the angel answering said unto him, I am Gabriel, that STAND IN THE PRESENCE OF GOD [in the presence of HIS FACE]; and am SENT [they are MINISTERING spirits] to speak unto thee, and to show you these glad tidings" (Luke 1:11 & 19).

Now Gabriel is of pretty high rank, and as such may not be assigned to any one of us personally, but rather is used for the very most important messages. However, they are all ably trained to do their jobs. None has ever spoken to me directly... yet.
Now just because angels do not speak to us audibly and in plain sight, does not preclude that they do no continue ministering unto us to this very day.

Hope this helps your understanding a little better.

God be with you,

Ray

p.s. John, I could not find the email you referenced in reply #20...
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 11:38:39 AM by Kat »

John from Kentucky

« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2015, 12:11:51 PM »

Gina wrote:
John said that Jesus was under the subjection of Satan.

Another lie. 

John from Kentucky

« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2015, 12:14:11 PM »

Gina

« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2015, 01:24:18 PM »

One more...

Just Sayin........

Okay, someone called me a liar.   They said that Jesus' life in human form was LOWER in "quality" than Satan's spirit "life."   Meaning because the world is in subjection to angels, and Jesus was lower than the angels being in human form and having emptied himself, Jesus too was in subjection to the angelic spirits (of which Satan is?) 

No, Jesus' quality of life was not lower than Satan's quality of "life," because Satan dines on the carnal mind. 

And to be carnally minded is DEATH.  Satan's food is from below. Satan's food is death and decay.  That's sick!

Jesus was not carnally minded.  So Satan couldn't feed on Jesus in any way shape or form. 

In fact, even His disciples had to urge Jesus to eat back in John 4 because He looked hungry!  Why?   Because Jesus wasn't very interested in eating their food.  That's why.  "I have food to eat that you know nothing about.  My food is to do the will of Him who sent me."

Any creature who dines on things that are dead or decaying cannot possibly have a higher quality of life than someone who is eating GOOD WHOLESOME FOOD.  Can't happen.  But John says that Jesus' quality of life as a mere human was lower than Satan's because Satan is an "angel," and therefore Satan's "life" was higher in "quality" than Jesus' when Jesus took on the form of human.  That's not true because Jesus ate food that John knows nothing of.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 01:37:44 PM by Gina »

John from Kentucky

« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2015, 04:00:36 PM »

Gina,

The reason I call you a liar is because you take my words then twist them into statements I did not say.  Those twisted statements come from your mind.

I never said Jesus was subject to Satan.  Even in His human existence Jesus was the Master over Satan.  How?  Because Jesus had the Spirit of God without measure.

One way in which human life is lower than angel life is that humans can die.  Angels do not die since they are spirit.  That is why the Scriptures say Jesus was made lower than the angels, so that He could die.  When Jesus was the Almighty God in Power He could not die or be killed.  Am I going too fast for you?

Now I assume you will twist my words again into some lie from your mind.  You have a spirit of hatred and bitterness and lies within you.  You do know from where that comes?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 22 queries.