bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: The devil made me do it !  (Read 30479 times)

Nelson Boils

Re: The devil made me do it !
« Reply #80 on: August 07, 2015, 08:37:50 AM »

Hi Rick

You say:"Is Satan a real literal spirit or is Satan a figurative type of figure ? According to 1Pe 5:8 and Luk 8:44 and Luk 18:8 Satan is a literal spirit"

There is no such a thing as a "literal spirit."That is:A spirit that can be seen with our own PHYSICAL EYES.No such a thing,friend.Spirit is INVISIBLE.So your question cannot be answered as it is contradictory.

1 Peter 5:8,Luke 8:44 and Luke 18:8 Do NOT suggest that "Satan is a literal spirit as you claim."I am not too sure how you came to that conclusion.Maybe we should look at the verses.

Luke 18:8 NIV"I tell you,he will see that they get justice,and quickly.However,when the Son of Man come,will he find faith on the earth?"

Comment:where does it suggest satan is a literal spirit?

Luke 8:44 NIV"She came up behind him and touched the edge of his cloak,and immediately her bleeding stopped."

Comment:Again,where does it suggest satan is a literal spirit?

1 Peter 5:8 NIV"Be self-controlled and alert.Your enemy the devil prowls around LIKE(remember this word) a roaring lion looking for someone to devour."

Comment:Again,i don't know what in this verse gave you the idea that satan is a "real literal spirit."The verse says "...the devil prowls around LIKE a roaring lion..."He is not a roaring lion,but rather he prowls around "LIKE" one.It's a figure of speech:simile!

Here is the same verse(1Peter 5:8) you quoted from a different version.

1Pe 5:8  Be sober, be watchful: your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour.

Comment:Notice this verse says "...,AS a roaring lion,walketh about..."This is a metarphor.He is not a roaring lion,but he "walketh about,AS a roaring lion."

I'd suggest you read "The Lake of Fire - Part 1."

rick

« Reply #81 on: August 07, 2015, 04:45:08 PM »

You say:"Is Satan a real literal spirit or is Satan a figurative type of figure ? According to 1Pe 5:8 and Luk 8:44 and Luk 18:8 Satan is a literal spirit"

There is no such a thing as a "literal spirit."That is:A spirit that can be seen with our own PHYSICAL EYES.No such a thing,friend.Spirit is INVISIBLE.So your question cannot be answered as it is contradictory.

Hi Nelson,

What my meaning was in that statement was simply when I used ( literal ) was real as in real sprit being, can I use that word being or should I just say spirit ?

Thanks for your suggestion that I should read the lake of fire part 1, I read that back in September and when I get a chance Nelson, Im sure I will revisit the entire series again.

Have a good day Nelson and God bless.

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #82 on: August 07, 2015, 07:30:28 PM »

Why is it so farfetched to believe that satan has a form? Jesus was raised with a spiritual BODY. To my knowledge a body implies some kind of form. Paul tells us there are terrestrial and celestial bodies. The word used for invisible in the new testatement in no way implies something that can never be seen but rather something that is currently unseen.

ἀόρατος
aoratos
ah-or'-at-os
From G1 (as a negative particle) and G3707; invisible: - invisible (thing).

In Greek, the word is oratos (to gaze upon, SEE G3707)  with the negative "not" before the word depicted by an "a"

So its "A-oratos" which literally means 'NOT gazed upon.'

Spirit has not been gazed upon but that doesn't mean that it will NEVER be gazed upon or that other spirit beings cannot "see" each other.

When Satan PRESENTED himself before God to bring evil upon Job, was God talking into the nether to some invisible thing which cannot be seen or did Satan have a form which is visible to God and the spirit beings?

Job 1:6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them.

If satan and these spiritual beings don't have any form then how exactly did they 'present' themselves BEFORE the Lord?

Spirit may not be MATERIALISTIC but perhaps it has a form which currently in our state we are incapable of observing unless it takes on a physical manifestation as we see done in the old testatement?

Food for thought.

God bless,
Alex
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 07:34:16 PM by lilitalienboi16 »
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.